Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? (9397 Views)

Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Top 10 Ladies On NAIRALAND That Are "Potential" Wife Materials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by xyoung: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Like the topic suggest, jus wanna sample opinions if this is anything wrong with this morally. I mean for a matured guy searching for a wife and assuming you see a girl that matches all your expectation on the physical beauty side (mind you, her character can only be known when you talk to her)
The problem is that you are jus a visitor in that city and might not go there again..
Is it a sin to toast a girl in the house of God in that circumstance

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2012
xyoung: Like the topic suggest, jus wanna sample opinions if this is anything wrong with this morally. I mean for a matured guy searching for a wife and assuming you see a girl that matches all your expectation on the physical beauty side (mind you, her character can only be known when you talk to her)
The problem is that you are jus a visitor in that city and might not go there again..
Is it a sin to toast a girl in the house of God in that circumstance
Is she bread that you want to eat?
Just strike up a conversation and get it going till you exchange contacts.
But is it a must that you "toast" a girl in that town or City?
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by xyoung: 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
Seems you didn't read my post properly
Re-read buddy
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ah ah! Very proper nah.its even more blessed to woo in church cos God will be on your side...she will fall for u without considering ur physical attributes &financial status.why? miracle.

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
xyoung:

Would you be visiting the Church only once, then? And your only intent in going there is strictly to find a woman who's physically appealing to you (to woo)?
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Never woo a church girl.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mynd44: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
I am not in the mood for advice right now so I will sau this.

Tell her you saw her in your dream marrying you
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by xyoung: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yield:

Would you be visiting the Church only once, then? And your only intent in going there is strictly to find a woman who's physically appealing to you (to woo)?
Na wah oh, som peopl can reason upside down
Picture d scenario, u visit a friend for a job interview/wedding or sometin very important, u decide to pass the sunday at his church and then u see a girl that really blew ur mind and meet all ur wife requirement inside d church in d presence of her family
Knowing quiet well you are travelling back d next day,
How do I handle this issue
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by xyoung: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2012
Mynd_44: I am not in the mood for advice right now so I will sau this.

Tell her you saw her in your dream marrying you
My guy be serious for once
This happened to me weeks ago and I still regret not taking any action because I tot it was a sin
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by xyoung: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2012
tpacalipse: Never woo a church girl.
How would you knw a church girl? Is it written on d face
Btw every girl attend church and wouldn't like to marry a pagan
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mynd44: 4:35am On Dec 09, 2012
xyoung:
My guy be serious for once
This happened to me weeks ago and I still regret not taking any action because I tot it was a sin
Look bro, a church or a girl you meet in the mall are the samew. The same meaning that with women, there is not quick fix. There is not magic pill to asking women out.

But some thing are important, you have to be confident and brave enough to go meet them and say hi. Say hi and ask to know more about them. Don't just jump into thw relationship thing and them from the knowing, you can decide if she likes you enough for you to ask her out
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by kuphid(f): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2012
Binger - "Ah ah! Very proper nah.its even more blessed to woo in church cos God will be on your side...she will fall for u without considering ur physical attributes &financial status.why? miracle"

Can't stop laughing at d 'miracle'

@ topic, there is nothing wrong with talking to a girl in church, approach matters a lot though, just start on a friendly note.

u may have just missed a good girl, just saying..
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mexyz(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2012
Thank God u put d word *potential* no problem wit dat o,dats if na marry u wan really marry her. Carry go jor,no be sin at all.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by bknight: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2012
Right or wrong, It lies in ur intentions. The best judge to weigh ur thoughts is ur conscience.

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mynd44: 9:43am On Dec 09, 2012
Mexyz: Thank God u put d word *potential* no problem wit dat o,dats if na marry u wan really marry her. Carry go jor,no be sin at all.
At all
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2012
I think the intent behind the wooing matters.
If u are trying to do anything evil, surrely u knw the evil u commit would definitely haunt u back.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2012
what is d big deal? All these girls u see in church dressin like holy mary ar not in any form unique. Them jst dey form, deep down their hearts, they ar prayin that U shuld approach.

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by ITbomb(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2012
Its like u people are taking this toasting too serious. For me I talk to every and any girl I fancy , when I get back home , I then decide whether to continue the discussion

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Mynd44: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2012
De_ Law: what is d big deal? All these girls u see in church dressin like holy mary ar not in any form unique. Them jst dey form, deep down their hearts, they ar prayin that U shuld approach.
Not really true
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by djeezy(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2012
What you discuss when accosting her will determine if it's wrong or not. I see nothing wrong in a friendly chat and exchanging contacts but Instead of doing it inside the church you can decide to do it after church.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2012
I personally don't have anything against it...since weddings are held in churches, there's nothing wrong in trying to initialize the first 'move' in a church.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2012
If your intentions are clean/genuine, I don't see the problem.
Is it not in the bible that we must "multiply and replenish"?
So why would God be upset that you are making strides to finding
your potential partner/soul mate? Church or no church. tongue

Let's stop acting like the church is more than just a building.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2012
if ur too scared of wooing a potential wife material in the church, then u get it done in the club.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by mumumugu(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2012
U can woo anyone, anywhere ,anytime .

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Xano(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2012
Enjoy your sunday service. Na worship you wan do or what? "Toast", you are not serious. If its on a wedding day, its alright,but with clean intention.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2012
why not? after all, we have live-band in the church, we dance azonto to the choir music, some churches have foods & drinks, brazilian-hairs, up-skirts, b o o b s flashes & mini-skirts everywhere! house of god indeed!
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Xano(m): 10:54am On Dec 09, 2012
xyoung:
Na wah oh, som peopl can reason upside down
Picture d scenario, u visit a friend for a job interview/wedding or sometin very important, u decide to pass the sunday at his church and then u see a girl that really blew ur mind and meet all ur wife requirement inside d church in d presence of her family
Knowing quiet well you are travelling back d next day,
How do I handle this issue

alright, i advice you to have a conservation. During your get-to-know each other, you will know her character. But, you are in town for a short time, you can exchange contacts if you intend to follow her up. If not, let her go.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by shiningsta: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2012
There is nothing wrong in that, firstly the intent matters and pls make sure you do it after service. Just like someone said earlier u may be missing out on a good one. No harm in trying.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by yohannazack(m): 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
So long as ur intention is gud, there is nothin wrong wit that. Moreover, one can find his wife anywhere. God encourages marriage among ur own people (God's people), hence they are born again christians. In old testament, God did not allow His people (israilites) to marry a non israili. In case u see one and the spirit is sayin this is ur wife, please go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by honestivo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
So far ur motive is nt of evil n is for good ders notn wrong doin dat
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
No long thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unclad MAD Woman Roaming Banana Island (GRAPHIC pics) / Why Do Guys Deny Having A Relationship? / Lady Was Flogged Becos Of Iphone She Stole 4rm Man In Bar Who Had Sex With:video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.