Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do (2877 Views)

How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
Muslim gets convicted of a crime

Islamophobes say "Muslims are criminals"

Islamophobe gets convicted of a crime

Islamophobes say "The Police and Courts treat Muslims better than us, and would never do this to a Muslim"

Muslims involved in charity work

Islamophobes say "It is a Front to try to spread Islam"

Muslims who are not involved in charity work

Islamophobes say "Muslims never do anything for the community"

Muslims who work in jobs

Islamophobes say "Muslims are taking over the workplace"

Muslims who can't find jobs, and take income support

Islamophobes say "Muslims are parasites on the economy"

Muslim is involve in a violent crime

Islamophobes say "Islam allows them do it"

Non-Muslim involved in violent crime

Islamophobes say "There's bad people in every community"

Muslim involved in Terrorism

Islamophobes say "Islam commands them do it"

Islamophobe involved in a Terrorism

Islamophobes say "Natural reaction of Anger / He is insane"

Muslim drinks alcohol and has pre-marital sex with non-Muslim girl/woman

Islamophobes say "He did it in the name of Islam"

Muslim rejects alcohol and pre-marital sex

Islamophobes say "Islam is a strict and oppressive religion"

Many Muslims live in an area

Islamophobes say "Muslims are not integrating"

Muslims disperse into many areas

Islamophobes say "Muslims are insidiously spreading amongst us"

Muslim builds Mosque to pray in

Islamophobes say "Muslims are taking over our country"

Muslim does not build mosque, so has to pray on the street, parks etc

Islamophobes say "Muslims are imposing their religion onto us"

Muslim gets offended at insults against Prophet

Islamophobes say "Muslims are a threat to free speech"

Muslim exercises free speech to condemn western values/burn a poppy on remembrance day

Islamophobes say "Muslims must not insult our feelings and beliefs"

Western Academic writes something positive about Islam (or disproves a misconception)

Islamophobes say "Academics are scared to write the truth about Islam"

Western Academic writes something negative about Islam ( or affirms a stereotype)

Islamophobes say "Even Academics agree with us!"

(Extreme Fringe) Muslim calls for fighting and killing in the name of Islam, even if civilians may die as a result

Islamophobes say "This person is evil"

Mainstream Western Politician calls for fighting and killing in the name of 'Freedom' (spreading Liberalism - and stealing natural resources), even if civilians may die as a result

Islamophobes say "The person is a hero"

Muslim believes in Sharia law

Islamophobes say "Muslims are rejecting Western values, and are a threat to us"

'Muslim' rejects Sharia law, and embraces Western values

Islamophobes say "He doing 'Taqiyah' (using pretence)"

5 Likes

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Saksreal(f): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
U've said it all
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by vedaxcool(m): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
grin if this mistakenly finds its way to the front page, my hand no dey oh! Nice one all the same!
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
OP did you write this? Quite nice!
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
Interesting observation. Some of these issues are evident even on NL
you have people saying that no muslim should serve in the armed forces because of Boko Haram
Yet they say muslims are lazy and don't want to work!

On the home page right now are reports of some criminal acts committed by non-muslims, Not once is religion mentioned
If a muslim as much as have an altercation with a neighbour, religion instantly pops up
When one points out their hypocrisy or challenge them to back their assertions with facts, their response is amazingly disingenuous - sidestepping the issue, vacillations, hairsplitting, fallacies etc

I have long concluded that the refusal of muslims to submit to mental slavery and outsource their thinking to others is the major source of this resentment. It is like "how dare the muslims think for themselves?"

Finally, it is obvious that to be a non-muslim requires two key abilities - doing away with the conscience and holding hypocrisy in a tight embrace. How many people who permanently encamp on this section bother to post about their religions?

3 Likes

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by snubish: 4:02am On Dec 09, 2012
STEP ONE
All ignorant islamophobes and potential islamophobes should stop watching cnn. cnn is a medium of propaganda, and psychological stereotyping. their little brother al jazeera english is set to look like an objective alternative but they are fingers on the same hand. wisen up.

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 5:08am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^^
I believe that it would be hard for people to take that advice. People who dislike Obama would never stop watching Fox news. The more they hate him, the more they watch that channel. Besides, there are a lot of other things they watch on CNN
You can only appeal to people who sincerely wish to learn about Islam to go to certain websites or watch specific videos that provide education on Islam. It would carry more weight of the people associated with those sites or those videos are widely respected in the Islamic world and are thus likely to be listened to by many muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by snubish: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2012
^right, I get your drift. they actually enjoy watching the propaganda. the way some guys keep watching WWE even after they know it's not real.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
What's Islamophobes?
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tbaba1234: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Paxchal: What's Islamophobes?

People with an irrational fear of Islam.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

People with an irrational fear of Islam.
Ok thanks but i beg to disagree, the fear of Islam is not irrational. As an Igbo Christian if i was posted to the north muslim dominated area to do nysc and am scared or afraid to go, you can't call that irrational. The latest religious violence that occurred there took the lives of more than 4 Igbos over there www.nairaland.com/1111510/nigeria-riot-over-blasphemy-against because one wrong pronounced wrongly pronounced the name of founder of Islam. The fear is not totally irrational.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
^ Well, you just defined the actions of some muslims not Islam and proved one of the statements above. There is a distinction, people tag every action done by muslims to Islam. There are many other factors that lead to the violence in the north including ethnic and political sentiments. Many of the people who get involved in such acts of violence do not even know much about the religion they claim to profess.

If you take the time to read a translation of the Quran sincerely, all of these will be easily dispelled. Many do not do that unfortunately

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by vedaxcool(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
Very interesting article here www.islamicamagazine.com/?p=561 on how western media distort reality!

"It is possible for the author to push
against the rut of expectations. The
Muslim woman author of a recent debut
novel told me she was offered a million
dollars for her book if she would slant it
against Islam. She did not accept, and
held out and got another publisher (the
prestigious Farrar, Strauss & Giroux) who
offered a smaller advance but allowed
her to keep the integrity of her writing.7
Another author produced a collection of
essays by Arab women who are neither
victims nor escapees, but the publisher
put an exotic niqabi (face veiled) woman
on her cover, having nothing to do with
the book’s contents. The image of an
inscrutable niqabi, an army of identically
hijabed (covered) Muslim women looking
sullen, and a Muslim woman staring from
behind a barred window, are some of the most clichéd visual expressions of the
Victim stereotype. The author happens
to be a Christian Arab and still the
publishers put the stereotypical Muslim
woman on the cover – with black
minarets sticking out of her head, I kid
you not. The author objected, but the
contract allowed the press “sole
discretion” over the jacket – publishers
insist on this. I called her to offer supportand to say, “I know the cover wasn’t your choice.”

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
Paxchal:
Ok thanks but i beg to disagree, the fear of Islam is not irrational. As an Igbo Christian if i was posted to the north muslim dominated area to do nysc and am scared or afraid to go, you can't call that irrational. The latest religious violence that occurred there took the lives of more than 4 Igbos over there www.nairaland.com/1111510/nigeria-riot-over-blasphemy-against because one wrong pronounced wrongly pronounced the name of founder of Islam. The fear is not totally irrational.

If the North is so dangerous, filled with a lot of people who are salivating over blood, how come Igbos go there WILLINGLY to settle
If the situation is so deadly, why are the Igbos not back home? Are they on a death wish?
Go to Sokoto and ask for Emir Yahaya road. Who will you find?
If people judged Igbos by the actions of a few the way you are doing here, I would never speak to an Igbo man again in my life!

2 Likes

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2012
B4 nko? Who ask you to speak to Igbos before?
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by vedaxcool(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
^
Haba you could even address the questions raised which are:

1) Why are people especially the ibos all salivating to grab a spot in the north if it is as deadly as you claim and even refusing to leave?

2) Based on the actions of certain ibos, he would never speak to any ibos in his life time?
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
I don't know the spot they are salaivating for whatever that means. My uncle that's over there came back with his wife and kid. The other time UN reported 1000 people are taking refugee in Niger republic. The question is even silly sef, there re lots of hausa muslims here going about their lives, Practicing their religion freely without anyone disturbing them. So why can't those that practice religion of peace reciprocate the same kind gesture? Isn't it one Nigeria? When 4 brothers of mine re killed because your prophets name was wrongly pronounced what do you really expect? A handshake? Am just wary of any aboki by my side if that's islamohobia fine.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
Perhaps Muslims need to engage in some soul searching and ask themselves important questions regarding these "Islamophobia" and not accuse those that fear Islam as being irrational. The reasons, especially in Nigeria, are real and evidences abound and will be needless to repeat here. It is rather irrational in the 21st century to expect people not to fear a faith that some of its adherents justify the murder of innocents through its religious texts. Also, its a known fact that Muslims often demand from others what they will NOT give; they will not do to others what they want others to do to them.

Its like recently, the Nigerian Government criticizing transparency international's (TI) corruption index instead of using the report as justification to intensify the war on corruption. Ironically many Nigerians know that corruption in Nigeria is FAR WORSE than TI's report. So who is the Government fooling? Likewise, Islamophobia should be enough justification for a serious soul searching among Muslims to tear off and banish those who justify despicable acts through Islam. The way outrage was displayed over the burning of the Koran should similar outrage be displayed for anyone who kills and uses the Koran as justification. For a start, I would love if the OP can set up threads that will confront Boko Haram's ideology head on.

Just some days ago, I got a call from Nigeria that a friend's cousin was murdered in Borno by assailants after failing to recite some Koranic verses. Muslims were spared in the attack. Now tell how you would feel if you were my friend? for the fact that assailants tied Islam to the murder does damage to the religion in the mind of my friend no matter what any one will say. Would you blame him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2012
Paxchal: B4 nko? Who ask you to speak to Igbos before?
Actually the Igbos came to me. I received them as Nigerians. I sincerely did not know you would come round to declare that interaction invalid. I apologise for that
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
tiarabubu: Perhaps Muslims need to engage in some soul searching and ask themselves important questions regarding these "Islamophobia" and not accuse those that fear Islam as being irrational. The reasons, especially in Nigeria, are real and evidences abound and will be needless to repeat here. It is rather irrational in the 21st century to expect people not to fear a faith that some of its adherents justify the murder of innocents through its religious texts. Also, its a known fact that Muslims often demand from others what they will NOT give; they will not do to others what they want others to do to them.

It would be useful to know these things that Muslim demand but are not ready to give
Anyone can justify anything in the name of religion
Palin call the mass murder in Iraq God's war - the video is on Youtube
Bush called the same war a crusade.
But given the evidence on ground, it is clear that most muslims don't subscribe to the interpretation given to the religious text by these terrorists. Otherwise no Christian who is not an indigene of the North will be there

tiarabubu:
Its like recently, the Nigerian Government criticizing transparency international's (TI) corruption index instead of using the report as justification to intensify the war on corruption. Ironically many Nigerians know that corruption in Nigeria is FAR WORSE than TI's report. So who is the Government fooling? Likewise, Islamophobia should be enough justification for a serious soul searching among Muslims to tear off and banish those who justify despicable acts through Islam. The way outrage was displayed over the burning of the Koran should similar outrage be displayed for anyone who kills and uses the Koran as justification.

The two are not similar. Jonathan can sack any corrupt minister at will. He can have them investigated if he wishes. They are known. Same does not apply to Boko Haram. Infact BH tries to subvert the established Islamic hierarchy
A few months ago, in succession, two attacks were carried our against some personalities leaving the mosque. Clearly these guys would not have attempted those attacks if they were known.
About 1 yr or so ago, Abia was nearly overrun by kidnappers. I don't believe that the Abia people knew those guys
I agree though that there is a menace and nothing will please me more than their being arrested and tried. To buttress this, SA is always on edge about potential terror attacks during Hajj. Clearly terrorists are a pest to mainstream muslims

tiarabubu:
For a start, I would love if the OP can set up threads that will confront Boko Haram's ideology head on.
The OP does not need to open any thread. It was done 2 years ago. Thanks to Christians and their favourite pasttime. It was quickly derailed. Why would Muslims not believe that some people actually profit from the Boko Haram crisis
https://www.nairaland.com/576809/nigerian-muslims-lets-wake-up

tiarabubu:
Just some days ago, I got a call from Nigeria that a friend's cousin was murdered in Borno by assailants after failing to recite some Koranic verses. Muslims were spared in the attack. Now tell how you would feel if you were my friend? for the fact that assailants tied Islam to the murder does damage to the religion in the mind of my friend no matter what any one will say. Would you blame him? undecided

This is the sad part of this episode. I learnt CRK in school and can recite some verses from the Bible. There are Christians (converts from Islam) who can recite the Qur'an. But there are muslims who cannot recite from the Qur'an. Making that the decider of the right to life is very devastating. I sympathise with your friend. I hope they get over this without too much emotional damage

Any Christian who really thinks that Muslims like BH is mistaken. Let us consider it from the interests of muslims.
JTF is now based in the NE part of Nigerian. Statistics (hard) have shown that there is a correlation between a prolonged presence of military personnel and HIV prevalence
Southerners are beginning to sack muslim security guards as a safety measure
Who is losing? How will the BH activities help those sacked?
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2012
^^^^
From your posts you have acknowledged the presence of extremists in Islam that many people, unfortunately, lump with everyday ordinary Muslim folks. Your response to my posts proves my point. Attacking my posts word for word will NOT solve the problem. You are making the same mistakes I highlighted using the TI analogy.

The solution lies with Muslims themselves. Non-Muslims can only stand aside, watch and wish you well for the sake of all of us. The choices to make the difference are all yours.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 12:34am On Dec 10, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^^^
From your posts you have acknowledged the presence of extremists in Islam that many people, unfortunately, lump with everyday ordinary Muslim folks. Your response to my posts proves my point. Attacking my posts word for word will NOT solve the problem. You are making the same mistakes I highlighted using the TI analogy.

The solution lies with Muslims themselves. Non-Muslims can only stand aside, watch and wish you well for the sake of all of us. The choices to make the difference are all yours.

Really? You mean we should be afraid of you not "liking us" and seek to do the job of government? The United States is the No. 1 target of extremist, if it didn't leave the job of fighting them to Muslims and has been successful in large part, what silly arguments are you bringing here? Islamic scholars will continue to condemn violence, it is the job of government to administer justice to those that break laws operational within its territory.

Your sentimental opinions will not change anything. Sorry about your loss.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 2:24am On Dec 10, 2012
tiarabubu: ^^^^

we are not afraid of the truth.
Have we ever denied that these extremists exist? Or that they claim to be muslims?
Alhamdu li Llah. We are not so concerned about propaganda that we will not admit the truth
Your TI analogy is very very flawed. And you know it! Let me give clear examples.
Minister of ND (Orubebe) is accused of being a recipient of a gift of a house by Julius Berger, a government contractor. Minister of Labour (Wogu) is accused of being the owner of a company that collected subsidy money without importing a drop of oil. These guys attend FEC meetings. They can be investigated by EFCC. President Jonathan can sack them at will.

Now please give me a similar analogy with Boko Haran. I need ID of a Boko Haram member and where he is. Please add how they answer to a recognised muslim leader such that if the muslimm leader (eg Sultan) summons him, he will obey. Please respond with the same speed with which you tried to refute my post.

When Rev King burnt members of his church to death for fornication., did the Nigerian people stand aside and ask Christians to bring him to book?
When kidnappers took over Abia, did the Nigerian people stand aside and ask Abia people to solve the problem

Now have you proved anything? Yes. Which is Christians are milking this crisis for its propaganda benefits - to tarnish the image of muslims. They come up with strange suggestions after we have proved that there is no reasonable idea that we have not explored
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by BetaThings: 2:37am On Dec 10, 2012
At this point, I want to recall these issues

People accuse muslims of not condemning Boko Haram. we produce evidence that we have done so
They now say we did not condemn them strongly enough

People accuse Muslim leaders of not condemning Boko Haram. We produce evidence that they have done so
They now say that those leaders of only condemned the acts, not Boko Haram

Here is a post that I always marvel at. Survey show that Muslims and Christians want the same thing
A christian came to NL to present the report in a biased manner designed to tarnish the image of Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/431142/71-nigerian-muslims-desire-sharia

Until people saw through the ruse
Sagamite:
And NO, the guy made a malicious and deceitful omission, so as to castigate one group. No one with his senses with him, would have missed the Xtian survey that followed the muslim one. But the slowpoke thought it is everyone that is not meticulous in checking their details and just consume all rubbish given to them and start barking.

Muslims have very bitter, implacable and innovative enemies
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by Saintparis1: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2012
Islamophobia is a fallacy. You can say Islam-hater. That I agree. But one can’t be “phobic” of a belief. This is a deception. But as Joseph Goebbels, Hitler’s propaganda minister said, if a lie is repeated often it will be believed as truth eventually. A good example is “homophobia.” This is a fallacy.

Homosexuality is a disorder no different from eating disorder or a personality disorder. Homosexuality is a sexual disorder, like sadomasochism, fetishism, zoophilia and pedophilia. Now these disorders are not all thesame and have different implications, but theyare all disorders. I am not a homophobe for considering homosexuality a disorder. Homo means same. I don’t have an irrational fear of men. But this lie was repeated so much that today most people have fallen for it. The idea was to stifle any criticism about this subject and they succeeded. It is a tyrany of thought. All totalitarian systems are fascitic and want tocontrol and manipulate your thoughts Now they even have gay pride parades, as if there is something to be proud of a disorder. This is how masses are manipulated through propaganda. They shame you into silence. Few people dare to say homosexuality is not normal. If they do, they will be called biggots. They even gave it a chichi name: “gay”, meaning happy. This is also a lie. Homosexuals are not happy.

Muslims are using the same deceptive tactic. They want to stifle the legitimate discussion about Islam. So they invented this lie and with the help of their leftist lackeys who gave us the fallacy of homophobia they will repeat it until it is seen as truth. [b]But Islam is an ideology. No one can have an irrational fear ofan ideology. You can strongly disagree with an ideology and you can even hate it, but you can’t be phobic of it. Ideologies don’t have fangs. It is their believers who may have fangs. Now, it would be more logical to say Muslimphobia. Muslims can hurt you. If you see a group of Muslims coming out of a mosque, you would be wise to run as fast as you can. This poor Hindu in Bangladesh was not Muslimphobic. He passed in front of a mosque when the worshippers of Allah had just finished their Friday prayer and were coming out of it. They grabbed him, they dragged him inside the mosque, they beat himuntil he died.

It is a fact that people are developing Muslimphobia. They are not becoming Muslimphobic because of what I write, but because of what Muslims do.

What is the best representative of Islam? The Quran or Muslims? Of course every Muslim willagree that the Quran is the best representative of Islam and Muslims don’t represent Islam at all. Well I have a copy of the Quran on my shelf next to me. I am not afraid of it. But I will be afraid if a Muslim shows up in front of my door. I think this is true for everybody. So it is clear that Islamophobia is a lie. Muslimphobia is debatable, because phobia is irrational fear and there is nothing irrational about fearing Muslims.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2012
^I am sure you feel better after typing all of that. tongue
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Really? You mean we should be afraid of you not "liking us" and seek to do the job of government? The United States is the No. 1 target of extremist, if it didn't leave the job of fighting them to Muslims and has been successful in large part, what silly arguments are you bringing here? Islamic scholars will continue to condemn violence, it is the job of government to administer justice to those that break laws operational within its territory.

Your sentimental opinions will not change anything. Sorry about your loss.

No Maclatunji. Please dont misunderstand me. The government should and must continue to do its job. But it goes beyond that.

BUT I believe that the Clerics have an extremely important role to play here. They have the stronger moral authority to guide Muslims better than any Government can. Many of these suicide bombers are gullible young men. I believe that strong fatwas and mass protests against these bombing by Muslims as NOT being Islamic (akin to the Koran burning controversy protests and fatwas) will keep potential gullible recruits from going to join the ranks of say BH. Afterall, Yoruba Muslims are being praised for their tolerance and mannerism; was this made possible by the Government? NO!

I know that the reaction from an average Muslim to these suggestions will be to scoff and dismiss my points (or say Christians do it too), I think that its not the way to go. Christianity started with strict pacifsm for close to 300 years, then came the Romans (under the leadership of Constantine) who became violent (Wars, Crusades, inquisition under the banner "God Wills It"! shocked). It took a mass protests lead by Martin Luther in the 15th Century to reaweaken the true pacifist nature of Christianity during the reformation to this day. I am not saying that Islam should go this way, No. I am just saying that Christianity has passed through this rough road before.

Its either you Muslims take action or continue to bear with the the consequences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2012
^Hehehehe. Simplistic my friend, look at what is happening in Egypt, it could have happened much earlier if not for the interference of non-Muslims from outside keeping Mubarak in power for decades.

We Muslims challenge ourselves all the time. What we will not do is become willing pawns in the hands of people in positions of power who chose to play high stake games with dire consequences.

If PDP politicians funded Boko Haram for political reasons, don't expect Muslim scholars to keep coming out to fight the terrorists especially when those who did so in the past were killed like chickens with no consequences to the killers.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by vedaxcool(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
cold: Azazi blames Boko Haram attacks on PDP

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He added that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

“It takes very long for somebody to be a sniper,” Mr. Azazi said.

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.

[url] http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/27/azazi-blames-boko-haram-attacks-on-pdp/[/url]

www.nairaland.com/925178/boko-haram-pdp-pdp-boko

Typical of Nigerian christians, they prefer ignoring the multi layerness of the issue and prefer in their usual self deceit and hypocrisies which involves distorting the truth! really even Nigerian govt seem blank when it comes to knowing what boko haram is, but the very height of this hypocrisy is the fact the president jonathan claims to know those responsible for oct 1st bombings yet till date the christians have not accuse him of shielding terrorist neither have they compelled him to expose those behind the attacks now compounding the problem is the very fact that the US govt told the christian incompetent govt of goodluck (since everything must be seen in religious lenses) that not every act of criminality in the north is actually boko haram yet, this deluded souls prefer being the dumbest regime in living memory rather than take heed to the advice has continued to rob and steal from the people. Until Nigerians begin to see things beyond religion our suffering will know no end!
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
maclatunji: ^Hehehehe. Simplistic my friend, look at what is happening in Egypt, it could have happened much earlier if not for the interference of non-Muslims from outside keeping Mubarak in power for decades.

OK.....? So Muslims in Egypt were too weak to enforce change? Or are easily manipulated? In my opinion, its rather lame blaming others for your weakness. Yet the trigger for the revolution was an Egyptian from "outside" residing in "non-Muslim" lands! I don't accept blaming others for the ills of our societies. It just takes critical and careful thinking plus the right action. Blaming others is plain lame.

We Muslims challenge ourselves all the time. What we will not do is become willing pawns in the hands of people in positions of power who chose to play high stake games with dire consequences.

I thought you just implied that Egyptians were prevented from their revolution by interference. Weren't they pawns all along then? I mean to have been subjugated for this long while Tantawi and Mubarak ran amock?

If PDP politicians funded Boko Haram for political reasons, don't expect Muslim scholars to keep coming out to fight the terrorists especially when those who did so in the past were killed like chickens with no consequences to the killers.

Why would the whole Nigerian Muslim Ummah allow a couple inconsequential politicians use a few people to tarnish the image of Muslims while the Ummah watches? I think its boils down to the issue of priorities. If one single mosque is bombed, there will be outrage and demonstrations, but some people are doing FAR more damage to Islam than one mosque, I expect Muslims to see the big picture.

But you chose to do the blame game. Its your choice. Just don't be surprised as your image gets more damaged with each bomb and bullet. It doesn't matter who gets killed; Christian or Muslim. Each act hacks away at how the public perceives your religion.

If you guys choose to do nothing about it, just don't complain when people make up their minds about Islam.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by maclatunji: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
^It isn't today that people started calling Islam names. It rises above their hate every time. We will be just fine madam.
Re: Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do by tiarabubu: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
maclatunji: ^It isn't today that people started calling Islam names. It rises above their hate every time. We will be just fine madam.

Then why are you complaining? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Observe Ramadan And Still Play Football - Fredrick Kanoute / Eid Ul Adha: Thread To Wish Your Loved Ones / Adopting A Gentle Approach When Advising People Is Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.