Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos (17582 Views)

Robbers Who Attack Hotels In Lagos Arrested (photo) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) / PIC: Robbers Who Cause Mild Accidents Before Disposing Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Shalome(m): 1:03am On Dec 09, 2012
wayne4loan: I knw 1 of those guys .. Nawa oo .him cup done full
no go yarn this poo near nigerian police o, u go tey for counter o
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by 76Naira(m): 1:06am On Dec 09, 2012
Too many evil minded and greedy Nigerians. people who blame the government as if governance is outsourced!
Its a closed system, empowered and destroyed by the same Nigerians; Callous and misguided, insincere and very insecure, without regard for hard work.
Whether they are in offices, work in disguise as these scoundrels, in schools bribing and sleeping their ways to certificates, the end result would be a chaotic, ungovernable Nigeria. In crime, the resulting sum evil to a society is always greater than the individuals and ideas that led to them.

For now, little hope for Nigeria. I weep. Its beyond shameful. Its reproachable and absolutely disappointing. I don't care about the tribe, Nigerians have high tolerance for mischief.
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 09, 2012
smh. undecided
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 09, 2012
hmmmmmm. Na wa o
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Telez(m): 3:00am On Dec 09, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 09, 2012
@ the topic,grant them the highest possible punishment they can get
See how hungry they look so obviously they can't even afford two square meals with their thieving lifestyle
Criminals need to be lucky all the time while the law needs just one time
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by kessyur: 5:03am On Dec 09, 2012
BASTARDS! my freind was their victim same time last year. Kay boarded a bus from Computer village to yaba, only 2 b offered a satchet of water after a heated arguement with d supposed water seller over N5.00 naira balance. And that was how he slept off to regain cosiousness after 3 days. His brand new laptop was taken. I was only called by good samaritans to pick him up from yaba where he was sleeping helplessly on the road. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]y

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by ayoola2002(m): 5:11am On Dec 09, 2012
wayne4loan: I knw 1 of those guys .. Nawa oo .him cup done full
Bird of the same feather.
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by PrettyCindy(f): 6:04am On Dec 09, 2012
What happens to the victims after the robbery? Since they will still be sedated, does the driver patiently wait for them to regain consciouness?
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by honeric01(m): 6:33am On Dec 09, 2012
PrettyCindy: What happens to the victims after the robbery? Since they will still be sedated, does the driver patiently wait for them to regain consciouness?

kessyur: BASTARDS! my freind was their victim same time last year. Kay boarded a bus from Computer village to yaba, only 2 b offered a satchet of water after a heated arguement with d supposed water seller over N5.00 naira balance. And that was how he slept off to regain cosiousness after 3 days. His brand new laptop was taken. I was only called by good samaritans to pick him up from yaba where he was sleeping helplessly on the road. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]y
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Exponental(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2012
This story is incomplete.
How can one person drink pure water and be robbed in a fully loaded bus. For sure, other nigerians will fight back.
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by wayne4loan: 7:24am On Dec 09, 2012
Abeg NL make una no crucify me oo , I no the guy when him be dey hustle for alaba int, I no am as a hustler cuz at times him dey carry customers come my shop but close to 2yrs now the guy movement just change and I suspect say something must be dey wrong somewhere.. Abi na crime to say u knw a criminal b4 he became involved with crime ?
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by ignis: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2012
Exponental: This story is incomplete.
How can one person drink pure water and be robbed in a fully loaded bus. For sure, other nigerians will fight back.
Don't you read in the story that they go in gang and sit close to the victim?
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by gennym(f): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2012
men!this one is pure Nigeria'got talent ;Dmen!this one is pure Nigeria'got talent
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Burger01(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2012
Names are Chibuike Mbakwe, Tochukwu Eze, Ifeanyi Okeke, Chidi Eze and Okechukwu Mbakwe. Chioma is still on the run. We don know them now. That's okay.
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Ivynwa(f): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2012
I am so ashamed of these Igbo boys robbers. They are not smart at all----for goodness sake if you want money that bad, then you gotta get smart about it not to go robbing and maiming. What the fr*ak?

My brother once got drugged and robbed a long time ago after he bought canned drinks in a car park without knowing that he bought it from a robbery syndicate. People should start being careful with who they are buying things from in car parks, seriously!
Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2012
Good morning,
I believe that people would go to great lengths just to get money but this story still leaves one with much to be desired. There are some unanswered questions here:

Firstly, from the quote below:

coogar:
Last Tuesday, Chibuike, Eze and Okeke boarded a commercial bus in company with four others in the Ikeja area and headed for Yaba. Unknown to them, it was in the same bus that they robbed a sedated passenger the previous week.

It is clear that the driver and conductor of the bus were aware of the group's activities or at least they were aware of the last stunt they pulled. Which is also evident in the quote below:

coogar:
Also, they were unaware that the driver of the vehicle had reported the incident to the Sabo Police Division and he had been advised to watch out for a future occurrence.
Little did this driver know that fate would bring the same group of robbers into his bus again.

But how can the driver and the conductor know for sure that the sedated passenger was the handy work of this group without they being part of the ploy? The activity of the group below:

coogar:
Usually, his method is well rehearsed. He would sit close to his victim and beckon on another member of the gang who pretends to hawk sachet water by the roadside.

Chioma would then purchase a sachet of water with N20 and ask for a balance of N10. When the hawker hesitates, Chioma would buy another sachet and offer it to his victim on the pretext of not wanting to forfeit the balance. Naturally unaware that it had been tampered with, the victim would accept the offer and drink the water. Everything happens within a few minutes.
As expected, after about 10 minutes or so, the victim becomes drowsy and eventually falls asleep.

Suggests that there is no way the driver or the conductor would know that a pure water sold to a passenger was sedated by the guy who purchased it without they being involved with the plot from the beginning. It does not make sense! Think about it, if u see a passenger in ur vehicle, who has passed out, would u think that the person was sedated? Let alone think that the person close to the passenger was the culprit.

The quote below also does not make any sense:

coogar:
Before every outing, Chioma would meet me somewhere and give me a bag of sedated pure water to carry. I would then accompany the group to the motor park of their choice and hang around any bus they board until Chioma calls on me, Okeke said.

If all but one pure water is sedated, how did the pure water guy pull this off? People would come to him to purchase pure water naturally. Was he telling them that he was not selling? Won't this arouse suspicion from passersby or even the NURTW staff? If he comes to sell pure water to his gang member and another passenger decides to buy, would he refuse to sell to him or her?

The only logical explanation would be that the bus driver, conductor and the NURTW staff at the park were aware of their activities before now. May be they refused to settle or something, hence the "blowing of the whistle". I believe the police has a lot of work to do here i.e if they are also not involved.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2012
Many days for the thief But one day for the owner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Batters Wife To Death, Flees In Enugu / Gang Rapes 13-Year-Old Unconscious Girl In Ogun / EFCC Arraigns Man Over $370,000 Fake Marriage Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.