Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? (6181 Views)

The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 2:28am On Dec 09, 2012
Most religions are founded on the ideas that
1. God is a personality
2. Life is very important and sacred to God
3. Some of God's attributes are all knowing, all powerful and all loving
I know this is easy to believe if we have some level of comfort but let's look at it from the point of view of the kid in the picture who later died of hunger by the way
According to the claims of religion 1. his life was important to God 2. God loves him immensely 3. God knew about his situation 4. God could do something about it.
Seeing how he died from hunger, I think at least one of the above statements about the personality that is described as God as it relates to that child [Humans] is definitely wrong. Opinions?

Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 09, 2012
Holy Shi.t! is that pic from Biafra?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 3:16am On Dec 09, 2012
cogitoErgo: Holy Shi.t! is that pic from Biafra?

No, it's from Sudan, Biafra also had their terrible moments too though
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by davkin: 5:11am On Dec 09, 2012
Is it ? There is something in this pixs ur not seeing buh God can,tommorrow, God knew the future of the child would be of no good so e called the child back to safety ,i believe d bedrock of ur argument goes back to d phenominal EVIL
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 7:01am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated: Most religions are founded on the ideas that
1. God is a personality
I know this is easy to believe if we have some level of comfort but let's look at it from the point of view of the kid in the picture who later died of hunger by the way
According to the claims of religion 1. his life was important to God 2. God loves him immensely 3. God knew about his situation 4. God could do something about it.
Seeing how he died from hunger, I think at least one of the above statements about the personality that is described as God as it relates to that child [Humans] is definitely wrong. Opinions?

1. to personify God means you have limited to no understanding of who God really is. you limit God or restrict her when you put him in a box or category. God is all and everything.

2.God usually has no say in how humanity run their life. in other words you are the creator of your own reality. your will is God will. there are hunger, hatred, natural disasters etc in the world because humnans chooses it to be so. we can end world hunger, natural disasters, hatred, poverty this very instant if we choose to.

there are NO accidents in the universe. everything is a choice.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2012
some people seem to be happy with the idea that they have this God that looks after them day after day, and takes interest in them. And yet by the time you've reached the end of this sentence dozens of children would have died of hunger in somalia because that same god wouldn't send rainfail, you wouldn't accept that sort of mentality from a person, but you accept it in a God through the fear of speaking out of line.
I like the idea of a God, but not one that prioritizes my general happiness over the health and well being of others. That's the God that people worship but they can't convince me that kind of leadership is somehow justifiable. Essentially, all the signs point to either no God or a malevolent God.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by wiegraf: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2012
Don't expect any of them to come near this problem. Too much work and they will invariably fail.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2012
calling the creator malevolent means you have no idea who it/she/he is and who you are. awake,take responsibility and stop blaming people or nature for your own choices and actions man.
O.T.I.S:

some people seem to be happy with the idea that they have this God that looks after them day after day, and takes interest in them. And yet by the time you've reached the end of this sentence dozens of children would have died of hunger in somalia because that same god wouldn't send rainfail, you wouldn't accept that sort of mentality from a person, but you accept it in a God through the fear of speaking out of line.
I like the idea of a God, but not one that prioritizes my general happiness over the health and well being of others. That's the God that people worship but they can't convince me that kind of leadership is somehow justifiable. Essentially, all the signs point to either no God or a malevolent God.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by wiegraf: 8:07am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius: calling the creator malevolent means you have no idea who it/she/he is and who you are. awake,take responsibility and stop blaming people or nature for your own choices and actions man.

Hmmm, what does this mean? How is it not malevolent?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^^ how is it malevolent.. why would humans be the perpetrator of their own actions and yet blame it on God?( by God im not talking about the God in religions but the creator). do you really think God wants you to be poor or hungry or even killl? do you honestly believe your creator will have any malicious intent towards you or wish to do you evil?.

everything thing that happens to you good or bad you do onto your self. not god or even your so called enemies are responsible. you are the creator of your world my friend
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius:

1. to personify God means you have limited to no understanding of who God really is. you limit God or restrict her when you put him in a box or category. God is all and everything.

2.God usually has no say in how humanity run their life. in other words you are the creator of your own reality. your will is God will. there are hunger, hatred, natural disasters etc in the world because humnans chooses it to be so. we can end world hunger, natural disasters, hatred, poverty this very instant if we choose to.

1. I didn't personify God. I think I made it clear when I said most religions personify God. And when you say I limit God or restrict "HER" when I put "HIM" in a box, isn't that personifying God? I agree with the fact that what I'll call God is all and everything including my laptop, myself, you e.t.c
2. That child's situation wasn't man made. It was as a result of a famine in Sudan although I don't see how Humans can end natural disaster if they choose to or how Humans are choosing natural disasters
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2012
davkin: Is it ? There is something in this pixs ur not seeing buh God can,tommorrow, God knew the future of the child would be of no good so e called the child back to safety ,i believe d bedrock of ur argument goes back to d phenominal EVIL

1. Does that child believe in God?
2. Does everybody that die get called back to safety when most religions have told us that God has prepared the most evil and cruel punishment for majority of humans that our already desperately evil minds cannot even imagine.
3. Even if what you said is correct, and God would rather allow Him die than intervene in His situation like we are led to believe from religious leaders that God can, that means his life wasn't that important to God anyway.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by wiegraf: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius: ^^^^ how is it malevolent.. why would humans be the perpetrator of their own actions and yet blame it on God?( by God im not talking about the God in religions but the creator). do you really think God wants you to be poor or hungry or even killl? do you honestly believe your creator will have any malicious intent towards you or wish to do you evil?.

everything thing that happens to you good or bad you do onto your self. not god or even your so called enemies are responsible. you are the creator of your world my friend

Is god omnipotent?
If so define, is it subject to logic for instance?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

1. I didn't personify God. I think I made it clear when I said most religions personify God. And when you say I limit God or restrict "HER" when I put "HIM" in a box, isn't that personifying God? I agree with the fact that what I'll call God is all and everything including my laptop, myself, you e.t.c
2. That child's situation wasn't man made. It was as a result of a famine in Sudan although I don't see how Humans can end natural disaster if they choose to or how Humans are choosing natural disasters
1.my use of "her" and "him" interchangeably was to make you understand or make the point that God is not a HE as most religious scripts depicts. he is a Goddess and she is a God. i could have esaily used a IT to depict her.

2.if the child situation or the famine was not man made then what is. are you saying it is God's fault? or you going to shift the blame again and this time put it on "satan"?... And yes humans can end all natural disasters if they choose to but we will get to that later
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2012
wiegraf:

Is god omnipotent?

Religion holds it that God is Omnipotent [All powerful] and that Omnipotence isn't subject to anything but God itself
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2012
wiegraf:

Is god omnipotent?
...yes the creator is omnipotent..and of course it is subject to logic.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by wiegraf: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

Religion holds it that God is Omnipotent [All powerful] and that Omnipotence isn't subject to anything but God itself

Do you hold that god is omnipotent? And does omnipotency imply omniscience
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

that view has truth and also false in it based on how you look at it.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius:
1.my use of "her" and "him" interchangeably was to make you understand or make the point that God is not a HE as most religious scripts depicts. he is a Goddess and she is a God. i could have esaily used a IT to depict her.

2.if the child situation or the famine was not man made then what is. are you saying it is God's fault? or you going to shift the blame again and this time put it on "satan"?... And yes humans can end all natural disasters if they choose to but we will get to that later

1. Regardless if God is a He or a She or an It, you have still personified God once you have describes He/She/It as something; I understood what you were trying to do with the Him/She but once you say God is this or that, you have personified God

2. No, insurance terms define some things which cannot be insured against as acts of God. Looking at it from a religious point of view, it is God that causes famine. Even when Satan as described in religion wants to act, He/She/It still takes permission from God.
3. Please explain how we could choose to end natural disasters
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2012
wiegraf:

Do you hold that god is omnipotent? And does omnipotency imply omniscience

I don't hold that there's is a personality called God in the first place. But religion says God is both omnipotent and omniscient [They don't imply each other]
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 9:31am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

1. Regardless if God is a He or a She or an It, you have still personified God once you have describes He/She/It as something; I understood what you were trying to do with the Him/She but once you say God is this or that, you have personified God

2. No, insurance terms define some things which cannot be insured against as acts of God. Looking at it from a religious point of view, it is God that causes famine. Even when Satan as described in religion wants to act, He/She/It still takes permission from God.
3. Please explain how we could choose to end natural disasters
1. you misunderstood me. my point was which i made clear in my second post was that God is not necessarily a HE as has been depicted by religion. but God is all things. and in our world since somethign is either a she/he or it, and God being all things and all there is, thus my she/he/it depiction... but you cant really personify because he is every-thing and no-thing.

2. satan does not really exist. he is a man made creation....but i agree with you if you say that God causes famine. why? because as stated earllier God is all things. And since man is God made flesh then technically you could say God causes famine.. i am trying to keep answers simple becuase i want y9u to think for yourself.

3. the simple answer is that we could choose to end all natural disasters this very instant because humans like all beings in the universe create our realities.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Affiliated(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius:
1. you misunderstood me. my point was which i made clear in my second post was that God is not necessarily a HE as has been depicted by religion. but God is all things. and in our world since somethign is either a she/he or it, and God being all things and all there is, thus my she/he/it depiction... but you cant really personify because he is every-thing and no-thing.

2. satan does not really exist. he is a man made creation....but i agree with you if you say that God causes famine. why? because as stated earllier God is all things. And since man is God made flesh then technically you could say God causes famine.. i am trying to keep answers simple becuase i want y9u to think for yourself.

3. the simple answer is that we could choose to end all natural disasters this very instant because humans like all beings in the universe create our realities.

I agree with all what you said... But I'll take it you don't buy into the popular religions such as Christianity or Islam etc. They'll disagree with what you said but I think you're on point
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated: Most religions are founded on the ideas that
1. God is a personality
THE SOULS IN THOSE KIDS ARE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD AND THE SOULS MUST BE WICKED SOULS GETTING JUDGEMENT AND HENCE PURIFIED AND HUMBLED

2 ESDRAS 16 VS 19 Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment. <<<< THE LORD IS A TERRIBLE MAN OF WAR. DONT MESS WITH HIM. HE AINT ALL LOVE AS THEY TEACH IN YOUR LYING CHURCHES. HE IS ABOUT RECOMPENSE. HE IS ABOUT THAT GALATIANS 6 VS 7. HE IS ABOUT THAT COLOSIANS 3 VS 25
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2012
wiegraf:

Is god omnipotent?
Lololololol...........here he goes again. wiegraf and his poor thinking.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius:

Really? everything is a choice? Did the child choose to be born into famine and poverty?

Perhaps the real issue is whose choice?

Or perhaps I have completely misunderstood you. Would you mind explaining your post a bit more?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Really? everything is a choice? Did the child choose to be born into famine and poverty?

Perhaps the real issue is whose choice?

Or perhaps I have completely misunderstood you. Would you mind explaining your post a bit more?
The answer is a resounding YES... You could say the soul that incarnated in that body knew and made that choice..

And before we get into the issue of whose choice if i may ask you do you think circumstances and events that happen to you are a results of someone pulling the strings some where?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

I agree with all what you said... But I'll take it you don't buy into the popular religions such as Christianity or Islam etc. They'll disagree with what you said but I think you're on point
all those religions are all made made creations. jesus did not come so that humans could create religions in his name. he only came to show the way to Godliness and re-mind(because we had forgotten) us of who we really are. God in flesh. not to choose one over the other.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by MrAnony1(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius: The answer is a resounding YES... You could say the soul that incarnated in that body knew and made that choice..

And before we get into the issue of whose choice if i may ask you do you think circumstances and events that happen to you are a results of someone pulling the strings some where?
Oh my! This is gonna be interesting.

I don't believe that events that happen to me are results of someone pulling the strings somewhere. I rather believe that they are predetermined by a chain of causes and effects leading to that event and the choices I make will also become a part of a chain of causes and effects leading on to another event further down in the future.

Now that you have answered yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions so that I may begin to grasp your philosophy.

What exactly is God?
Who exactly is a person?
What role does God play in this world?
What exactly is a being?

Please answer as best as you can and if my questions appear to vague point out your confusion and I'll clarify
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by greatgenius: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oh my! This is gonna be interesting.

I don't believe that events that happen to me are results of someone pulling the strings somewhere. I rather believe that they are predetermined by a chain of causes and effects leading to that event and the choices I make will also become a part of a chain of causes and effects leading on to another event further down in the future.
good answer...well do you have any idea who or what predetermines it. or put differently how does this chain of causes and effects come about in the first place. and why does it happen to you.

Now that you have answered yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions so that I may begin to grasp your philosophy.

What exactly is God?
Who exactly is a person?
What role does God play in this world?
What exactly is a being?

Please answer as best as you can and if my questions appear to vague point out your confusion and I'll clarify
1. God is all things both seen and unseen. in other words he is all that is.
2. a person is simply put a being
3.God is really just an observer( i used observer because most people think God is separate from them).. but you could also say she is a co-creator with us..
4. a being has a broad definitions and rightly so. but i will simply say a being is something in existence or that exists

now i also have some questions for. do you believe you create your own reality?
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by davkin: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

2. Does everybody that die get called back to safety when most religions have told us that God has prepared the most evil and cruel punishment for majority of humans that our already desperately evil minds cannot even imagine.
3. Even if what you said is correct, and God would rather allow Him die than intervene in His situation like we are led to believe from religious leaders that God can, that means his life wasn't that important to God anyway.
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by davkin: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2012
Affiliated:

Is life is of great impotance to GOd thats y he was called by GOd rather than leave ere to evolve into something vice
Re: The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hmmmm, interesting, joining in!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Mad Female Scientist Expressed Her Mind / If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? / When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.