Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? (14376 Views)

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Too Many Churches, Too Many Fake Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by demelza: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2012
Poster that question you just asked is something I also ask myself.
Anytime I go to school and come back home for the holidays, I see churches springing up sometimes close to each other, its ridiculous . You see these churches erecting huge buildings and all for what?
I would rather that these where businesses that are erected. Just like London & New York are renowned for their numerous financial institutions, so is Nigeria noted for its amount of churches.
With the way things are going, church business may soon surpass the oil business because these guys are dealing in people's brain something that wont ever dry up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Osama10(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2012
False Prophets, Greed & Business.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by dridowu: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2012
Joblessness and way easy to make money
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2012
Shame ful Nigerian society churches everywhere in my street alone there are three churches - every sunday na.like party cars , babes , guys, dressed grooving -- noise everywhere ... I dey tire and even the one done in the evenings.. I don't think this nation is ready for the future !!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by senben(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2012
Is this suppose 2 be an issue for debate,have U asked Urself why are dere so many mosque in every big mans house, every junction or roadside or U are just basing Ur question on where U are residing...Let us not give reasons 2 why ppl will talk rubishly about our religion be it muslim or christian.....think positive !!!
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Ezeufi: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2012
Jamaica has more churches per square kilometre than anywhere else in the world. Can you see the connections between churches, Jamaica and Nigeria?

If you are wise now you know the answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by charlesditro: 10:40am On Dec 09, 2012
Cos they all want to lead and not follow, what u want is what the devil invests in and not what you need. What we need is 1love. no more no less.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by lukaino(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2012
churches have to be many because the fields are white ready for harvest. For all unbelivers/atheists to repent.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ILOVEPUSY(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2012
we are even lokey jesus was not born in naija. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ILOVEPUSY(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2012
we are even lokey jesus was not born in naija.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2012
Atheist:-D:

These pastors dont care about stuff like that. They will repent on their deathbeds and go to heaven... or something along those lines shocked
grin grin grin
We have so many churches cos there's so much poverty in the land. A lot of factories and warehouses has been converted to church auditoriums where members are encouraged to pray and give abundantly so as to receive their financial breakthrough and miracles.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by rodeo0070(m): 10:48am On Dec 09, 2012
yhemini: The way churches spring up like new born babies everyday in this country is something to consider. I Have always wondered why we have so many Churches in Nigeria. Is it that our sin is too much or is it because there's so much money and that some people now see it as a "Money Making Venture."? I would like to know what your opinion i s on this issue.
POVERTY AND IGNORANCE!!!that's what I think...
The increase in the number of churches makes it almost impossible for revolution to happen for a +ve change in "Niger Area."
They keep telling people Satan/Devil is the source of problem faced in the country, neglecting the fact that we H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ selfish, thieves, clueless and confused humans and boot licking people in Govt...
I could be wrong...

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by omarky(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2012
I think its money! Poverty has eaten so deep in us in Nigeria. Pastors see churchs as an investment at the expense of their wards. Son of man must survive now

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2012
The poorer and lower/semi educated a country is, the more gullible their mentality and the higher the religiosity. Their lives are hell, so they cling to the hope of a blissful afterlife, giving all they have to the pastors who live their own afterlife in luxury right here on earth with their beautiful wives, abroad-educated sons & daughters, mansions and private jets.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2012
Ezeufi: Jamaica has more churches per square kilometre than anywhere else in the world. Can you see the connections between churches, Jamaica and Nigeria?

If you are wise now you know the answer.
The connection I see is poverty and black man's gullible mentality.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by MacKuro: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2012
Only GOD can judge
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by oraclefemi(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2012
first before Jesus left the earth, he told us to expect this to happen , let them milk the gullible ones...judgement day will be a shocker
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ypzilanti: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
You need to visit Warri...there are banners and posters and billboards with young men announcing one 'Prophetic Night' or the other.

Majority are able bodied young men that should be creating companies to employ young Nigerians.

They want you to go out and hustle in an unfavorable environment that they have given up on, so that you come and give them 10% of your hustle.

God certainly did not call all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Anvaller: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
senben: Is this suppose 2 be an issue for debate,have U asked Urself why are dere so many mosque in every big mans house, every junction or roadside or U are just basing Ur question on where U are residing...Let us not give reasons 2 why ppl will talk rubbishly about our religion be it muslim or christian.....think positive !!!

Typical mentality, fleeing off reality as usual. Do u live in a Nigeria different from other Nigerians? So by ur own estimate, proliferation of mosques is equal to that of churches in Nigeria? While no one would agree with ur false claim that there are mosques in every big man's house, ur claim is still flawed in the face of ur argument because a big man with a mosque in his house is just providing(in most cases) an unnecessarily superfluous convenience for his family and may be friends to worship domestically. So there motive is in no way to commercialize religion and extort money from ppl.

U said think positive but u can only be positive in ur thinking when u are true, honest and realistic. Any thinking short of that is negative.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by cold(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
Christianity is in the main 'the religion of business'. It's a multi-billion naira industry & everyone wants to tap into it. There's nothing as profitable as being a God's banker

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Jeejile: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
You don't have to ask, cause it is a very lucrative business, no risk, no loss, with permanent customers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ChrisGnarly: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
joblessness and ignorant of the word of God
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by tomiedatlo: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2012
yhemini: The way churches spring up like new born babies everyday in this country is something to consider. I Have always wondered why we have so many Churches in Nigeria. Is it that our sin is too much or is it because there's so much money and that some people now see it as a "Money Making Venture."? I would like to know what your opinion i s on this issue.

Church biz na d way forward once u fit perform Miracle cos Jesus is frm nigeria
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nuezha(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
coolkris: The bible says that on the last days so many false prophets will rise.so its not a shock to me
Mosques are more than churches in Nigeria. i'm sure you dont believe that. The rationale is 'you needn't TRAVEL to a place of worship' as many of us christians do, so, the churches are coming closer to the people.
Muslims don't travel to mosques as christians do; every house owned by a Muslim is an equivalent of a mosque even if a mosque is not visibly standing inside of it.
However, man-must-wack churches are also springing up as tares among good seeds.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by MaziOmenuko: 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
because the prophet joel prophesied it that in the last days, i will pour out my spirit upon "ALL FLESH"! This is the glory of the later days that was said by God, that will surpass that of the former.
Get used to it, the word of God so mightily grew in the city of Ephesus that it prevailed.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by dryakson(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
Atheist:-D:

These pastors dont care about stuff like that. They will repent on their deathbeds and go to heaven... or something along those lines shocked
bros that will be too late, even though they pray, no heaven but fire
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2012
unemployment
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by ouagadougou(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
Churches are merely commercial enterprises in Nigeria - 'pastors' and 'bishops' are there to make money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by mrrock: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
The answer is very simple.
There's too much hardship in the land and people naturally want a way out of poverty. The so called men of God have simply exploited the situation by offering a solution in the name of God. They know desparate people will believe them when they tell them God can solve all their problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Engineer96(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Joblessness is the cause.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
So I like to end my arguments "No wonder India exports cars while Nigeria exports religion". But on the real:

"Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria"

With 10 churches on every street in Naija and just 1 in the US/UK you'd think we would sleep with our doors wide open instead of building high walls and fixing iron gates. Abi are we too far off from heaven than the US/UK that we have to ho
ld loud noisy lengthy prayer sessions so heaven can hear our cries? More still as a religious people we should be content and love our own yet queue day and night at the American and UK Embassies; jumping with joy when our Visas are approved. Abeg i no go school make una help me answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? by BUSHMAN1: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
because there is so much poor gullible people that they beleive that pastors and churches are the answer to their problems,and some clever and greedy ones are using religion to take advantage of the poor and gullible to enrich them selves, think.. with all this religion,churches,prayers and fasting,pastors and worshipers why are things not better in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? / Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.