Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again (15792 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by seyibrown(f): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Question number 1 to OP: Art thou frosbel in Boomark clothing? grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
tbaba1234:

I have defined the options unless you have another

look up the other meanings of begotten and its synonyms.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
seyibrown: Question number 1 to OP: Art thou frosbel in Boomark clothing? grin grin

grin

Boomark is Boomark.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:

At first you did not explain anything. Let me explain it to you with my own parable. grin

A prince was sent to a land under the control of his father to get a priceless treasure. He went there and the people did not know him. They despise him, spat on him and pushed him out of the way as they pass. But he did not talk back at them, his voice was not heard on the broad way, mt 12:18-19. He did not say "don't you know i am the prince? And you people must show your respect to me." but he took the form of a servant, associated with the lowly ones until he achieved what his father wants from him. When he returned, his father glorified him and made him the crown prince.

This it for you. Your interpretation should not contradict the bible.

italo:

Phillipians 2:6: Who, being in very nature God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

He had EQUALITY with God but didn't consider it something to be used to his advantage.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark: look up the other meanings of begotten and its synonyms.

Adj. 1. begotten - (of offspring) generated by procreation; "naturally begotten child"
biological - of parents and children; related by blood; "biological child"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/begotten

See i thought we agreed to use common sense, present me with another option that makes the term 'son of God', a meaningful statement.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD, directly sired from the father and through the power and essence of his spirit.

We praise GOD for this fact!

No false prophet can ever nullify what has been established as a sure foundation .
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
italo:

He had EQUALITY with God but didn't consider it something to be used to his advantage.

Son of GOD cannot mean GOD. You are running round in endless circles.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Paxchal:

Y'all missed this?

it is useless.

It is not meant for enlightenment but for degrading criticism.

If it was muhamed, he will have been shouting "peace be upon him" instead of saying something.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
truthislight:

it is useless.

It is not meant for enlightenment but for degrading criticism.

If it was muhamed, he will have been shouting "peace be upon him" instead of saying something.

It is not meant for criticism, forget i am a muslim and just apply common sense. You use it for every other thing in your life.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
frosbel: Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD, directly sired from the father and through the power and essence of his spirit.

We praise GOD for this fact!

No false prophet can ever nullify what has been established as a sure foundation .

What does this mean exactly? directed sired Does that mean he was created?

That would imply an adoption which makes no sense as well.

I am just asking for a simply common sense explanation to the term 'son of God'? If you are going to believe something necessary for your salvation, it has to make common sense.

You will not cross the road blind now, will you?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
tbaba1234:

I have defined the options unless you have another
They are not thorough. I want us to test this your logic a bit.
What does it mean when we say, somebody is a 'Son of the Soil'?

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Reyginus: They are not thorough. I want us to test this your logic a bit.
What does it mean when we say, somebody is a 'Son of the Soil'?

It is as thorough as can be, please educate me of the other options.

Son of the soil is an idiom...

Son of God could also be an idiom in semitic languages, If that is what you mean by son of God, i.e One loved by God.. Then i have no problem... Many prophets are addressed as 'son of God' in your bible so it is not an exclusive term

Any other option does not make sense...

It requires trying to make a circle , a square at the same time..

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
italo:

Phillipians 2:6: Who, being in
very nature God,
did not consider equality with
God something to be used to
his own advantage;

You have been reading this out of context.

v5 says "let this mind be in you which is in Christ jesus." this is trying to show us the mindset of Christ as he serve. Believers should not be boastful no matter the power they have.

Who, being in the very nature(form) of God: An ordinary man is a god. A man filled with the Holyspirit is a god greater than an ordinary man. How much more the lamb of God filled with the seven spirits of God, Rev 5:6. The Father promised to put His spirit upon him, mt 12:18.
So he is a God.

did not consider equality with
God something to be used to
his own advantage;

If Christ should raise himself equal to his Godly nature(ie the state where he is God not the Father o), he would have ruled as king on earth. The pharisees would tremble at his feet. No body will dare plot to kill him or spit on him. While they were flogging him, he would have commanded the angels to release him and to beat a hell out of those soldiers. He never used it to save himself ie to his advantage.

But he was obedient to the will of the Father(luke 22:42) to the point of death. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by rhowly(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
@tbaba. the difficulty you have grasping this truth is not beyond explanation....sadly several other christians, sheep and wolf alike share a similar malady. i watch them bicker back and forth trying to prove and explain supernatural truths...hmm. Often a waste of time as most have come to discover. constantly trying to explain the supernatural using physical principles...helpful but not always a complete panacea to the mind-boggling concepts in scripture. God is limitless in his ability to do and undo and whilst that happens it musn't make sense to the human mind with its limitations. think about all the things you dont understand about even the physical...but you're conceited enough to think you can explain the supernatural? huh. undecided If you truly believe what God says in the book of Isaiah about how much higher his ways are from ours...you be slow in discarding concepts that don't make sense to you, especially when the word of God says so. LET THEM BELIEVE WHAT THEY MAY...ITS ILLOGICAL, IMPRACTICAL, FOOLISH, WE'RE BLIND...REMEMBER PROVERBS 3:5 AND CHURN IT UP. LASTLY...THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT A MATTER OF TALK BUT OF POWER 1 COR 4:20

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
tbaba1234:

I am just asking for a simply common sense explanation to the term 'son of God'? If you are going to believe something necessary for your salvation, it has to make common sense.

it will not make "common sense" to a muslim of your sort. QED

hahaha. Lol.

"apply common sense" you say!

Do you apply common sense when you go for your suicidal mission to kill other humans? No.

Run!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
May the Lord have mercy on your soul!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
italo: May the Lord have mercy on your soul!

My brother, this is where we learn.
As you can see, counter quotes that brings confusion did not work here because we started from the root.

Soon we will uproot trinity from the root grin and show men how trinity is the doctrine of men.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
truthislight:

it will not make "common sense" to a muslim of your sort. QED

hahaha. Lol.

"apply common sense" you say!

Do you apply common sense when you go for your suicidal mission to kill other humans? No.

Run!

A muslim of my sort??

Why are trying to divert from the topic?

I asked a simple question, I have not insulted anyone. Is that the way you present your faith to people?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
rhowly: @tbaba. the difficulty you have grasping this truth is not beyond explanation....sadly several other christians, sheep and wolf alike share a similar malady. i watch them bicker back and forth trying to prove and explain supernatural truths...hmm. Often a waste of time as most have come to discover. constantly trying to explain the supernatural using physical principles...helpful but not always a complete panacea to the mind-boggling concepts in scripture. God is limitless in his ability to do and undo and whilst that happens it musn't make sense to the human mind with its limitations. think about all the things you dont understand about even the physical...but you're conceited enough to think you can explain the supernatural? huh. undecided If you truly believe what God says in the book of Isaiah about how much higher his ways are from ours...you be slow in discarding concepts that don't make sense to you, especially when the word of God says so. LET THEM BELIEVE WHAT THEY MAY...ITS ILLOGICAL, IMPRACTICAL, FOOLISH, WE'RE BLIND...REMEMBER PROVERBS 3:5 AND CHURN IT UP. LASTLY...THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT A MATTER OF TALK BUT OF POWER 1 COR 4:20

How can it be that we apply common sense for every thing in life but for the most important question, you shut down your brain?? I understand there might be certain things you can not understand about God, things we do not know or understand. But i do not accept that the thing needed for your salvation requires not applying your common sense.

Would you cross the highway blind folded hoping that a car would not hit you?.... We apply our common sense to survive in the world. Where is the justice, if someone is thrown into hell for rejecting what can not even pass the test of common sense. I am not asking for anything extra ordinary.

On Judgement day, if i stand before God and i am asked " why didn't take Jesus as God or son of God?' > I can say: Oh God, how can i believe the self sufficient creator of all that exists, is a dot on a planet which is a dot on our galaxy which is a dot on the Universe.

It simply makes no sense. If i am condemned to hell, i will never for a second think justice was done..

If you are asked: Why did you reduce the Creator of the heavens and the earth to a man?.... What excuse do you have?? What can you possibly say??
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Enigma(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
Following on from this recent thread https://www.nairaland.com/1015610/worst-bible-translation/1#13260634 and in particular the discussion about the translation of 'Logos' as 'Word' in John 1:1, here is something that my Roman Catholic friends might appreciate ---- even though some of them presently consider me an 'enemy'. grin

Anyhoooooos, from the Epistle to Diognetus (Mathetes; using Lightfoot translation; other English translations similarly use 'the Word') smiley

CHAPTER 11
11:1 Mine are no strange discourses nor perverse questionings, but having been a disciple of Apostles I come forward as a teacher of the Gentiles, ministering worthily to them, as they present themselves disciples of the truth, the lessons which have been handed down.
11:2 For who that has been rightly taught and has entered into friendship with the Word does not seek to learn distinctly the lessons revealed openly by the Word to the disciples; to whom the Word appeared and declared them, speaking plainly, not perceived by the unbelieving, but relating them to disciples who being reckoned faithful by Him were taught the mysteries of the Father?
11:3 For which cause He sent forth the Word, that He might appear unto the world, Who being dishonoured by the people, and preached by the Apostles, was believed in by the Gentiles.
11:4 This Word, Who was from the beginning, Who appeared as new and yet was proved to be old, and is engendered always young in the hearts of saints,
11:5 He, I say, Who is eternal, Who to-day was accounted a Son, through Whom the Church is enriched and grace is unfolded and multiplied among the saints, grace which confers understanding, which reveals mysteries, which announces seasons, which rejoices over the faithful, which is bestowed upon those who seek her, even those by whom the pledges of faith are not broken, nor the boundaries of the fathers overstepped.
11:6 Whereupon the fear of the law is sung, and the grace of the prophets is recognised, and the faith of
the gospels is established, and the tradition of the apostles is preserved, and the joy of the Church exults.
11:7 If thou grieve not this grace, thou shalt understand the discourses which the Word holds by the mouth of those whom He desires when He wishes.
11:8 For in all things, that by the will of the commanding Word we were moved to utter with much pains, we become sharers with you, through love of the things revealed unto us.

cool
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Enigma(m): 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ah by the way I think i read earlier one of the anti-Trinitarians saying Jesus IS God but He is not The Father.

Well, what the poster does not realise is that he is in fact now agreeing with ---- yep, you guessed right, the Trinitarians! smiley

cool
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
Enigma: Ah by the way I think i read earlier one of the anti-Trinitarians saying Jesus IS God but He is not The Father.

Well, what the poster does not realise is that he is in fact now agreeing with ---- yep, you guessed right, the Trinitarians! smiley

cool

And that same person rightly said Jesus isn't equal to his Father........a truth that trinitarians would rather die than accept even when its clearly stated in the bible.........

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Enigma: Ah by the way I think i read earlier one of the anti-Trinitarians saying Jesus IS God but He is not The Father.

cool

This thread is not meant for those that tell people "it is a mystery, go and consult the spirit."

You will soon look for where to get backup for your trinity you will not see. By that time you will know again that you are practicing the doctrines of men.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by rhowly(m): 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
@tbabaHow can it be that we apply common sense for every thing in life but for the most important question, you shut down your brain?? I understand there might be certain things you can not understand about God, things we do not know or understand. But i do not accept that the thing needed for your salvation requires not applying your common sense.

Would you cross the highway blind folded hoping that a car would not hit you?.... We apply our common sense to survive in the world. Where is the justice, if someone is thrown into hell for rejecting what can not even pass the test of common sense. I am not asking for anything extra ordinary.

On Judgement day, if i stand before God and i am asked " why didn't take Jesus as God or son of God?' > I can say: Oh God, how can i believe the self sufficient creator of all that exists, is a dot on a planet which is a dot on our galaxy which is a dot on the Universe.

It simply makes no sense. If i am condemned to hell, i will never for a second think justice was done..

If you are asked: Why did you reduce the Creator of the heavens and the earth to a man?.... What excuse do you have?? What can you possibly say??.

Islam and Christianity may both be faiths, but differ extremely and yes i have crossed the road blindfolded before (metaphorically speaking). But i could give u countless instances of things that would leave your jaw hanging. When we come to Christ three things are required of us; repentance, confession and belief...i cannot the countless who have believed yet understood little. that's why 1Cor 2:1-16 is what it is. Take it or leave...a large part of our faith came to us via fishermen (unschooled)...so forgive me when i think God's power is of greater worth than my intellect...which alot are apt to is God's provision. i am a trained physician. i have seen the limits of intellect of mine and mine alike and i have seen the name of Jesus do awesome things. So go ahead and talk, the words are yours but fruits my eyes see daily negate all else. yes i may be a fool but not one without joy
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by rhowly(m): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
@tbaba...i really dont apply common sense to everything in this life...i would probably have failed at all else
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by honeychild(f): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2012
tbaba1234:

@ tbaba
When the Bible says Jesus is the son of God we mean just that: he was created directly by God without recourse to the normal human form of reproduction.

There is a surat in the Quran ( I forget exactly which) but it says that the likeness of Adam before God is similar to that of Jesus. The Bible also calls Jesus 'the last Adam.' Both are sons of God because he created them directly without a human father.

The Bible also calls the angels sons of God for the same reason. Their lives issued directly from him

For Christians, we do not find it strange to call God's creatures his sons because he has revealed himself to us in the Holy Scriptures as a loving heavenly father who desires a close relationship with each one of us. Our God is not a Master to be in dread of. He is a Father to love. We obey him out of love and not fear because that is how he has revealed himself to us. That is why we refer to him as Father when we pray.

As for those who teach the Trinity, they are teaching an unbiblical doctrine. It Is not found In the scrIptures. The BIble clearly teaches that Jesus is the son of God, because he was created directly by God. God has no equal.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 12, 2012
tbaba1234:
Son of the soil is an idiom...

Son of God could also be an idiom in semitic languages, If that is what you mean by son of God, i.e One loved by God.. Then i have no problem... Many prophets are addressed as 'son of God' in your bible so it is not an exclusive term

Any other option does not make sense...

It requires trying to make a circle , a square at the same time..

Lol. It can get funny when people try to proof a truth in isolation instead of total. The way some people think.
How does 'son of God' translate to one loved by God? In that sense those not classified so, are under no love,no?
After overtly accepting the option I gave, you went to 'every other option does not make sense'. Do you really understand yourself?
What is my option you accept and don't accept?
Let me help your biased understanding. Simples.
To be a 'Son of God' is to have his characteristics and qualities.
I'm interested in this our circle and square. I really want to know how they manage to survive?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 9:35am On Dec 12, 2012
honeychild:
@ tbaba
When the Bible says Jesus is the son of God we mean just that: he was created directly by God without recourse to the normal human form of reproduction.

There is a surat in the Quran ( I forget exactly which) but it says that the likeness of Adam before God is similar to that of Jesus. The Bible also calls Jesus 'the last Adam.' Both are sons of God because he created them directly without a human father.

The Bible also calls the angels sons of God for the same reason. Their lives issued directly from him

For Christians, we do not find it strange to call God's creatures his sons because he has revealed himself to us in the Holy Scriptures as a loving heavenly father who desires a close relationship with each one of us. Our God is not a Master to be in dread of. He is a Father to love. We obey him out of love and not fear because that is how he has revealed himself to us. That is why we refer to him as Father when we pray.

As for those who teach the Trinity, they are teaching an unbiblical doctrine. It Is not found In the scrIptures. The BIble clearly teaches that Jesus is the son of God, because he was created directly by God. God has no equal.

Nice one dear!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2012
ijawkid:

And that same person rightly said Jesus isn't equal to his Father........a truth that trinitarians would rather die than accept even when its clearly stated in the bible.........

"He didnt consider EQUALITY with God a thing to be used to his own advantage..."

It was St. Paul that said it. Obviously, he too was a Trinitarian.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

"He didnt consider EQUALITY with God a thing to be used to his own advantage..."

My Son is Me and I am my SON , go figure !
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2012
God the Father: the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 20:17
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling
to Me, for I have not yet ascended
to My Father; but go to My brethren
and say to them, ‘I am ascending to
My Father and your Father, and to
My God and your God.’”[b]

Hebrew 1:9
You have loved righteousness and
hated wickedness; 9
[b]therefore God, your God,
has set you above your
companions
by anointing you with the
oil of joy.”

Eph 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

Rev 1:6
New International Version
(©1984)
and has made us to be a
kingdom and priests to
serve his God and Father
--
to him be glory and
power for ever and ever!
Amen.

Why would trinitarians, those that profess the doctrine of men, make Jesus equal to his God? How can the servant of God be equal to Him that he serve.

This is just a ploy by satan to make sure that man will not regard God, the Father of all as their all in all.

Serve the only true God. Trinity has no root from the scripture.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

He didn't consider equality with God a thing to be grasped.....

If Jesus was GOD(almighty) or equal to the almighty of what use would it be for him to ""consider"" according to you equality with GOD ""a thing to be used to his advantage??....

That would be contradictory.......if Jesus was equal with God then it would be preposterous for him to "empty himself"" and be a servant of someone he is equal to.........

Or why would Jesus consider it not robbery to be GOD almighty or equal to GOD when is GOD??......is that not madness??......

The KJV has deluded your kind into contradicting the scriptures and also not knowing the truth.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.