Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again (15794 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by plappville(f): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
tbaba1234:

I apologize, i am sorry..

I will take my leave...
For ur mind, u think say u don use style advertice Islam ummmh? Anyway, enjoy ur leave. Ciao.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by plappville(f): 12:00am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps you should watch the video first for yourself instead of placing your faith on frosbel's synopsis

Do you preferes him to place his faith on your video like you?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 5:43am On Dec 20, 2012
plappville: Nice thread......this one is hits thé trinity dogma strongly.... No way to dordge.... grin grin @Boomark you're so on point Scripturally, Good work...bro!

grin thanks.

I strategically deleted their hiding place. I will need your support and others in case they want to build another tower of babel.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 6:41am On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark:

Will the video debunk everything that is on the first page? The way this thread was started is to make trinitarians have no say from the scripture.
My dear friend just watch the video first then we'll talk.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 7:42am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Why use a video to buttress your point?
Why not use a verse in the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: Why use a video to buttress your point?
Why not use a verse in the Bible?
.....and who says the video is not scriptural?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
.....and who says the video is not scriptural?
I'm on mobile so I can't watch the video. Wouldn't it have been better if you quoted a passage from the Bible?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 8:42am On Dec 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: I'm on mobile so I can't watch the video. Wouldn't it have been better if you quoted a passage from the Bible?
There is no need to throw verses at you because the ones that have been presented to you on this thread, you have conveniently rejected already.

For instance if I say to you that:

"Anony who is in the very same nature as the president did not want to use his equality to GEJ to his advantage but chose to humble himself and argue on Nairaland....."

That statement would clearly tell you that I am equal to the president but I am just being humble. The verse (Phil 2:5) clearly explains why Jesus is sometimes referred to as God's servant. He humbled Himself to that position.

Sometimes I ask people whether they even know what Trinity really is to start with. Let me ask you as well: What do you understand as Trinity?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I would love to watch your video but can't.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 9:04am On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark:

I would love to watch your video but can't.
Ok
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

how can you be standing the central doctrine of christiandom on a video?

Is the bible no longer enough?

If you should simply tell us that trinity is not standing on the bible but on a video we will all leave you and your trinity and mind our ways and you mind yours.

If that is the case, fine and well, and dont use the bible next time to paint it.

If you say it is the bible, then address the op.

Those shapes you are showing in that video are the same shapes that church of satan also makes use of in their illustrations.

Are you saying that the throne of Yahweh and the throne of satan have those in common?

I thought the two "temples cannot shear" things
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
There is no need to throw verses at you because the ones that have been presented to you on this thread, you have conveniently rejected already.

For instance if I say to you that:

"Anony who is in the very same nature as the president did not want to use his equality to GEJ to his advantage but chose to humble himself and argue on Nairaland....."

That statement would clearly tell you that I am equal to the president but I am just being humble. The verse (Phil 2:5) clearly explains why Jesus is sometimes referred to as God's servant. He humbled Himself to that position.

wrong!

"All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also heavenly bodies, and bodies earthly: but the glory of the HEAVENLY is one, and the glory of the EARTHLY is another.
"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory." (1 Corinthians 15:39-41)

Christ has a heavenly body and the glory of a heavenly body befor coming to the earth and not that he was "equal to Yahweh"

your understanding of that scripture is twisted.

How can christ be equal to his father when he said that his father is "greater than he" is?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

wrong!

"All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also heavenly bodies, and bodies earthly: but the glory of the HEAVENLY is one, and the glory of the EARTHLY is another.
"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory." (1 Corinthians 15:39-41)

Christ has a heavenly body and the glory of a heavenly body befor coming to the earth and not that he was "equal to Yahweh"

your understanding of that scripture is twisted.

How can christ be equal to his father when he said that his father is "greater than he" is?

I believe that verse is pretty straightforward. If I say I didn't want to take advantage of my equality to the president, but chose to humble myself, it can only mean that I am equal to the president but I am just being humble.

Don't twist the meaning just because you don't agree by default.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

If you should simply tell us that trinity is not standing on the bible but on a video we will all leave you and your trinity and mind our ways and you mind yours.

If that is the case, fine and well, and dont use the bible next time to paint it.

Those shapes you are showing in that video are the same shapes that church of satan also makes use of in their illustrations.

Are you saying that the throne of Yahweh and the throne of satan have those in common?

Have you watched the video first of all?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by BARRISTERS: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2012
@Mr anony

"Anony who is in the very same nature as the president did not want to use his equality to GEJ to his advantage but [size=16pt]chose[/size] to humble himself and argue on Nairaland....."

wrong! and distorted use of word (bolded above)

jesus did not on his own 'chose' but rather he accepted an offer or proposal 'to be made a servant' from a 'superior' person;'his father' not his own will but his father's.

someone([size=14pt]you[/size])(not jesus himself) 'made' jesus even lower than the angels(below),he jesus,agreed to accept that below;

Hebrews 2:7,9
New King James Version

7 [size=14pt]You have made him a little lower [/size]than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.

9 But we see [size=14pt]Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels[/size], for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

clearly not jesus's own wish,but his father's

mathew 26:39

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, [size=14pt]not as I will[/size], [size=14pt]but as You will[/size].”

not as I(jesus) will, but as You(God Almighty) will

and
Mathew 26:39 above have knocked off your analogy above.

jesus obeyed a superior order, he did not want to make 'a reputation' by disobeying Gods order,but surrendered hiimself and accept a servant's form.(philipians 2:7)

this is how scriptures interpretes scriptures,
it is an insult to the scriptures potency to assume using a video or catoon to interprete by distorting the facts in the scriptures!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword hebrew 4:12

pls use the bible, and let us stop degrading the scriptures.

may i say at this point that the purpoted video have no relevance in our common constitution here:the bible/sacred scriptures, it does not form part of it, and as people of different background, we knew the source of the bible by its history,and we believe it, but we do not know neither the history of the video and moreso cannot be accepted to compete or alter our view of the scriptures,and so anybody has got the right not to watch it based on the legitimate facts above, but rather proceed on making neccesary rebutals to clarify objections that stand the way of the truth,and the only truth 'the word of God' which in it self sharper than any video!

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I believe that verse is pretty straightforward. If I say I didn't want to take advantage of my equality to the president, but chose to humble myself, it can only mean that I am equal to the president but I am just being humble.

who is the one twisting here?

Ok lets see:

kjv.
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" (Philippians 2:5-6).

Philippians 2:5-6 NASB - Have this attitude in yourselves which ... Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in
Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the
form of God, did no

this scriptures are actually giving praise to christ for his example he set in humility as opposed to satan the devil who was also in the form of God but want to be equal to God.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2012
BARRISTERS: @Mr anony

wrong! and distorted use of word (bolded above)

jesus did not on his own 'chose' but rather he accepted an offer or proposal 'to be made a servant' from a 'superior' person;'his father' not his own will but his father's.

someone([size=14pt]you[/size])(not jesus himself) 'made' jesus even lower than the angels(below),he jesus,agreed to accept that below;

New King James Version

7 [size=14pt]You have made him a little lower [/size]than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.

9 But we see [size=14pt]Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels[/size], for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

clearly not jesus's own wish,but his father's

mathew 26:39

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, [size=14pt]not as I will[/size], [size=14pt]but as You will[/size].”

not as I(jesus) will, but as You(God Almighty) will

and
Mathew 26:39 above have knocked off your analogy above.

jesus obeyed a superior order, he did not want to make 'a reputation' by disobeying Gods order,but surrendered hiimself and accept a servant's form.(philipians 2:7)

this is how scriptures interpretes scriptures,
it is an insult to the scriptures potency to assume using a video or catoon to interprete by distorting the facts in the scriptures!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword hebrew 4:12

pls use the bible, and let us stop degrading the scriptures.

may i say at this point that the purpoted video have no relevance in our common constitution here:the bible/sacred scriptures, it does not form part of it, and as people of different background, we knew the source of the bible by its history,and we believe it, but we do not know neither the history of the video and moreso cannot be accepted to compete or alter our view of the scriptures,and so anybody has got the right not to watch it based on the legitimate facts above, but rather proceed on making neccesary rebutals to clarify objections that stand the way of the truth,and the only truth 'the word of God' which in it self sharper than any video!

Lol, I like it when lawyers show up and try to play with words so we are arguing over the word "chose". It is also quite funny how you are trying to split hairs between "choosing" to become a servant and "agreeing" to become a servant. Nonetheless, let us look at what the bible says:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Phil 2:5-7(NKJV)

Even funnier still, you try to suggest that it wasn't really of His own volition but that someone else made him do it. Let us look at the verses you pointed at: Hebrews 2:7-9
The writer of Hebrews wa quoting Psalm 8 and Psalm 8 clearly talks about man and how God has placed man in dominion over everything. Note David wasn't painting man in that Psalm as a position of humility but one of greatness. (just wanted to make that bit clear)

Now even if Jesus Christ was told by God the Father to become man and He agreed. It wouldn't be proof that He is not equal to God the Father or couldn't have chosen otherwise if He wanted to. In fact in order for you to nullify the the word "chose" as I used it, you must show from scripture that Jesus had no other choice than to be made a man.

Furthermore, if Jesus did not choose to come, then it wouldn't be an act of humility rather it would simply be following orders. It can only be humility when you submit to someone who is deemed your equal or lower than you. If God told an angel to become man, it wouldn't be an act of humility if the angel obeyed, he would simply be following God's orders.

So I repeat, Christ chose to humble Himself even though He was equal with God and become flesh and blood for our sakes.

Now with this in mind Matthew 26 becomes easy to understand because we now know that at the point when Christ was on earth, He was acting in humility to the father so it should follow that He was submitting to the Father's will. Remember that part of His prayer also was ".....And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."(John 17:5)

Why would Jesus ask God to glorify Him? and notice the glory He is demanding here; He is demanding for the same glory as God the Father has and also He is claiming that they had this glory together before the world existed. No man or angel would dare make such a "blasphemous" prayer unless of course that it is true.

My friend, from the moment you start picking on particular words and trying to redefine their meaning, you should ask yourself if you are really obeying the bible or are you trying to make the bible say what you want it to say.

As for the video, I did not submit it as canonical scripture. I am not basing my argument on it but I think it gives a good illustration of what trinity is about in much the same way as a Christian movie or an audio sermon or even my typing on nairaland would also give an illustration of what Christ is about. It doesn't mean I am basing the word of God on a video or audio sermon or some blog. That said, I'll still suggest you watch the video.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

who is the one twisting here?

Ok lets see:

kjv.
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" (Philippians 2:5-6).

Philippians 2:5-11 NIV - In your relationships with one another ... 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider
equality with God something to be used to his own
advantage; ...

Philippians 2:5-6 NASB - Have this attitude in yourselves which ... Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in
Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the
form of God, did no

this scriptures are actually giving praise to christ for his fine example that he set in humility as opposed to satan the devil who was also in the form of God but wanted to be equal to God.

Christian are urged to have same mind as christ.

Does this means that all christians are equal and same person? No.

But rather, all christians are are "humans" that should be human.

That christ humility led to his being exalted.

You are actually the one twisting the scripture by trinity "default"

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

My broda i wonder o!

It goes to show that trinity did not originate from the scripture.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

While the president who is your equal would end up been the proud person since he does the sending while you always obey..........

Why can't you for once tell GEJ(your equal) to be humble and run errands for you here on nairaland so that you can rest and also feel like the boss............

You forget that Jesus was obeying and doing his Fathers will apart from the fact that he was humble............
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I like it when lawyers show up and try to play with words so we are arguing over the word "chose". It is also quite funny how you are trying to split hairs between "choosing" to become a servant and "agreeing" to become a servant. Nonetheless, let us look at what the bible says:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Phil 2:5-7(NKJV)

Even funnier still, you try to suggest that it wasn't really of His own volition but that someone else made him do it. Let us look at the verses you pointed at: Hebrews 2:7-9
The writer of Hebrews wa quoting Psalm 8 and Psalm 8 clearly talks about man and how God has placed man in dominion over everything. Note David wasn't painting man in that Psalm as a position of humility but one of greatness. (just wanted to make that bit clear)

Now even if Jesus Christ was told by God the Father to become man and He agreed. It wouldn't be proof that He is not equal to God the Father or couldn't have chosen otherwise if He wanted to. In fact in order for you to nullify the the word "chose" as I used it, you must show from scripture that Jesus had no other choice than to be made a man.

Furthermore, if Jesus did not choose to come, then it wouldn't be an act of humility rather it would simply be following orders. It can only be humility when you submit to someone who is deemed your equal or lower than you. If God told an angel to become man, it wouldn't be an act of humility if the angel obeyed, he would simply be following God's orders.

So I repeat, Christ chose to humble Himself even though He was equal with God and become flesh and blood for our sakes.

Now with this in mind Matthew 26 becomes easy to understand because we now know that at the point when Christ was on earth, He was acting in humility to the father so it should follow that He was submitting to the Father's will. Remember that part of His prayer also was ".....And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."(John 17:5)

Why would Jesus ask God to glorify Him? and notice the glory He is demanding here; He is demanding for the same glory as God the Father has and also He is claiming that they had this glory together before the world existed. No man or angel would dare make such a "blasphemous" prayer unless of course that it is true.

My friend, from the moment you start picking on particular words and trying to redefine their meaning, you should ask yourself if you are really obeying the bible or are you trying to make the bible say what you want it to say.

As for the video, I did not submit it as canonical scripture. I am not basing my argument on it but I think it gives a good illustration of what trinity is about in much the same way as a Christian movie or an audio sermon or even my typing on nairaland would also give an illustration of what Christ is about. It doesn't mean I am basing the word of God on a video or audio sermon or some blog. That said, I'll still suggest you watch the video.

can you show a direct bible quotation that shows that Jesus christ is equal to God?

So that then we can conclude that when Jesus christ said his father was greater than he was he did not know what he was saying?

Mr_Anony:

please show us were the bible says that christ was/is equal to God.

Note: no conjectures please.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

From Gods stand point Jesus was been obedient just as expected of a servant and a son.......from a human stand point Jesus was humble by agreeing to be made flesh and blood and to dwell amongst men...........Jesus dwelling with imperfect humans is where his humility was outstandingly shown,..........
Jesus did what he ought to have done,obeying his Yahweh who is his GOD and FATHER.....there is nothing about Jesus being equal with his Father but being humble in order to obey his Father,,.........God obeys and serves no one and he has no equals..........

Mr_Anony:

Jesus was talking about the glory he had with the Father as the firstborn of all creation,....

For the fact that Jesus would request or even pray to God to restore the priviledges and glory he had before the world was should tell you that Jesus wasn't talking to his equal....Jesus should have just done the restoration himself....why ask your equal to grant you glory and splendor when you can grant yourself??.....why ask in the first place??.....
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:
this scriptures are actually giving praise to christ for his fine example that he set in humility as opposed to satan the devil who was also in the form of God but wanted to be equal to God.
All you have to do now is show me one verse of Scripture that says that Satan was in the form of God.

Remember that Philipians 2 does not say Christ wanted to be equal with God but that he did not want to use equality with God to His advantage thereby clearly showing that Christ was equal with God but chose to humble Himself.

If He wasn't equal to God, how then would He have the choice use equality - that He didn't have originally - to His advantage? In fact one of the translations you used (the NIV) says "...... Who being in the very nature God".

I don't know how much clearer you want it.

Anyway no problem, just show where in scripture that you saw that the devil was in the same form/nature of God.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:

While the president who is your equal would end up been the proud person since he does the sending while you always obey..........

Why can't you for once tell GEJ(your equal) to be humble and run errands for you here on nairaland so that you can rest and also feel like the boss............

You forget that Jesus was obeying and doing his Fathers will apart from the fact that he was humble............
Lol, this is just you trying to twist the analogy out of context. My point has been made.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Anony

Phillipians 2:6: Who, being in
very nature God,
did not consider equality with
God something to be used to
his own advantage;

You have been reading this out of context.

v5 says "let this mind be in you which is in Christ jesus." this is trying to show us the mindset of Christ as he serve. Believers should not be boastful no matter the power they have.

Who, being in the very nature(form) of God: An ordinary man is a god. A man filled with the Holyspirit is a god greater than an ordinary man. How much more the lamb of God filled with the seven spirits of God, Rev 5:6. The Father promised to put His spirit upon him, mt 12:18.
So he is a God.

his own advantage;

If Christ should raise himself equal to his Godly nature(ie the state where he is God not the Father o), he would have ruled as king on earth. The pharisees would tremble at his feet. No body will dare plot to kill him or spit on him. While they were flogging him, he would have commanded the angels to release him and to beat a hell out of those soldiers. He never used it to save himself ie to his advantage.

But he was obedient to the will of the Father(luke 22:42) to the point of death.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, this is just you trying to twist the analogy out of context. My point has been made.

What point??......

That although you are equal with GEJ but. You choose to humble yourself to be part of the nairaland religion section.........who in the whole of nigeria would agree that someone(a nigerian) is equal to GEJ the commander in chief of the armed forces??....only a new born baby would agree.......your analogy cannot even stand..........as far as nigeria is concerned GEJ has no equals to start with.......

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Boomark: @Anony

Phillipians 2:6: Who, being in
very nature God,
his own advantage;

You have been reading this out of context.

v5 says "let this mind be in you which is in Christ jesus." this is trying to show us the mindset of Christ as he serve. Believers should not be boastful no matter the power they have.

Who, being in the very nature(form) of God: An ordinary man is a god. A man filled with the Holyspirit is a god greater than an ordinary man. How much more the lamb of God filled with the seven spirits of God, Rev 5:6. The Father promised to put His spirit upon him, mt 12:18.
So he is a God.

his own advantage;

If Christ should raise himself equal to his Godly nature(ie the state where he is God not the Father o), he would have ruled as king on earth. The pharisees would tremble at his feet. No body will dare plot to kill him or spit on him. While they were flogging him, he would have commanded the angels to release him and to beat a hell out of those soldiers. He never used it to save himself ie to his advantage.

But he was obedient to the will of the Father(luke 22:42) to the point of death.
Good so now we are looking at context. When you read from verse 1, you see that Paul was writing to tell the Christians in Philippians to humble themselves to one another. The best example He used was Christ by telling them that Christ is equal to God but brought Himself low.

Let me bring it home to you:

Imagine that you are in church and one brother asked you to sweep the church and you respond by saying "A whole me, how dare you ask a big boy like me to sweep the church?!"

At this, another brother now pulls you aside and points to one other guy quietly cleaning the toilet and says: "You should emulate brother Tunde, even though he is the same status as Goodluck Jonathan, he is not taking advantage of his equality with the president but has humbled himself and taken the status of a servant"

That is the context in which that verse was written. If that verse is not enough proof to you then I don't know what else you want.

It was because of His Humility that Christ came, suffered and died for us.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:

What point??......

That although you are equal with GEJ but. You choose to humble yourself to be part of the nairaland religion section.........who in the whole of nigeria would agree that someone(a nigerian) is equal to GEJ the commander in chief of the armed forces??....only a new born baby would agree.......your analogy cannot even stand..........as far as nigeria is concerned GEJ has no equals to start with.......
Clearly the analogy is lost on you.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Clearly the analogy is lost on you.

Its not......it doesn't just fit........GEJ has no equals as far as nigeria is concerned........so using" the equality with GEJ"" analogy doesn't work......

Jesus can't be equal to His GOD and Father.....there is no analogy in this world that can refute that potent truth....

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
All you have to do now is show me one verse of Scripture that says that Satan was in the form of God.

Remember that Philipians 2 does not say Christ wanted to be equal with God but that he did not want to use equality with God to His advantage thereby clearly showing that Christ was equal with God but chose to humble Himself.

If He wasn't equal to God, how then would He have the choice use equality - that He didn't have originally - to His advantage? In fact one of the translations you used (the NIV) says "...... Who being in the very nature God".

I don't know how much clearer you want it.

Anyway no problem, just show where in scripture that you saw that the devil was in the same form/nature of God.

this ^^^ is a lay mans argument.

Satan is a spirit creature as Yahweh is a spirit and they are in the same form being spirits.

Satan wanted to "raise his throne as high as that of the most high God" befor he was brought down and will be "turned to ashes"

this is a very simple thing that you have made complicated for your self because of the dogma called trinity.

That scripture simply made the statement to teach us a lesson in parallel to christ.

Then Jesus was a human, so the fine example he set by abandoning his superior spirit form in obedience to Yahweh is whet we are to imitate. A lesson in humility.

While satan a spirit creature also did the opposite, he wanted equality with Yahweh.

By the way, trinity also said that Jesus is Yahweh

Infact, trinity ^^^ is a mad man theory. QED

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

my friend leave trinity alone.

It does not align with what the scriptures say.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by MrAnony1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
ijawkid:

Its not......it doesn't just fit........GEJ has no equals as far as nigeria is concerned........so using" the equality with GEJ"" analogy doesn't work......

Jesus can't be equal to His GOD and Father.....there is no analogy in this world that can refute that potent truth....
You didn't understand the analogy but all the same let me help you. Of course GEJ is one President in the same way we have one God. This should tell you immediately that for the bible to say Christ is equal with the father, it can only mean that Christ is God. Note Christ is not the Father but the Father and the Son are both equally God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.