Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,217 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:47 AM

Mazda Thread - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda Thread (28160 Views)

Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. / Mazda MPV Problems: Car Won't Accelerate Beyond 60km/hr At Half-tank / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2012
Do you own a Mazda car, truck, or SUV like Mazda 3,5,6,millinea,protege,tribute,CX etc. Lets talk and share our experiences. What is your view on these cars? Fuel economy, interior/styling, engine, how strong the body is? etc.
I own a 2007 mazda 6i 2.3l 4cyl. The fuel economy is very superb, beautiful car but no much power from idle. I travel appro. 45miles daily by 5days/week and it uses a half tank of 68.0litre full tank capacity. It got a superb bose sound systems,beautiful interior and exterior, twin exhaust, bezel xenon headlamps. No mechanical or electrical problems so far. I use a mobil 1 oil 0w40 for my services. All fluids are intact. All-in-one, my 2007 mazda 6i is a sweet car for a young and classic mind. It's eye catchy.
Lets know yours please.
Re: Mazda Thread by roosebolton: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2013
Just got myself a mazda too got a 2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 / s, Although I yet to start using the ride, I have been doing some research on where I can get recommended services like Engine oil, oil filter, atf etc. It would be nice if all Mazda owners can use this thread to share experiences, problems and recommendation. I am already working on setting up a wiki about my car so as to help future owners of the ride. Being a niche car in Nigeria, its always hard to get basic components or OEM recommended parts.
Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
You could get your Mazda3 motorcraft oil filter in Olowu in Ikeja. And for your mazda engine oil recommended spec,5w20 or 5w30, check Auto Select shops. Note as stated on the car manual, that the major benefit of this engine oil spec is to the fuel economy. You could also use Mobil 1 engine oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mazda Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
AM very familiar with Mazdas, so I will try to pitch in to help from time to time!

3 Likes

Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
IdaraCHODB: AM very familiar with Mazdas, so I will try to pitch in to help from time to time!
Your assistance will be highly appreciated here.
Re: Mazda Thread by Fulaman198(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
I think Mazda make very nice looking cars with powerful engines (although Toyota, Honda and Nissan (Datsun)) do as well. However, I am not too sure how reliable Mazda vehicles are. In the American magazine "Consumer Reports" Mazda scored very high. I am interested in the Mazda 3 for 2014 once I accumulate the right amount of Naira, I am thinking of getting one from United States and taking it back to Nigeria. How good is Mazda paint? Do they rust easily? How well do they handle Nigerian roads?
Re: Mazda Thread by emergency2: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have a mazda 626, 1998 america spek(popularly called mazda booth), very powerful, engine 2.2, V4. Ful tank is 80l. Fuel economy is good. But I had to convert it to manual transmission when the automatic transmission failed after 2months.I shipped it in from US with 163miles.
The car is generally good, I have travelled over 12hours journey many times, with no fault at all.

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by domack99(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2013
I have a Mazda Millenia 2002, Mazda could be some how technical with lots of electronic interface and interaction which makes it complex for most Nigeria Mechanics to deal with. Am presently intersted in Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2009 Model. I found out that most people that own this car hardly sell it which makes it more expensive now. Mazda are very strong automobile and their parts may be scarce apart from 626.

By the way, is there MAzda Autorised dealer in Nigeria. I try googling it but what came up was NUEL group of company, the company was on the mazda site as a dealer in Nigeria but i doubt if the company do exist again.
Re: Mazda Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2013
domack99: I have a Mazda Millenia 2002, Mazda could be some how technical with lots of electronic interface and interaction which makes it complex for most Nigeria Mechanics to deal with. Am presently intersted in Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2009 Model. I found out that most people that own this car hardly sell it which makes it more expensive now. Mazda are very strong automobile and their parts may be scarce apart from 626.

By the way, is there MAzda Autorised dealer in Nigeria. I try googling it but what came up was NUEL group of company, the company was on the mazda site as a dealer in Nigeria but i doubt if the company do exist again.

Mazdas are fine cars, but Nigerian mechanics prefer Toyotas, then again we like to copycat, so Toyota wins. Since the vendor wants to make money, he follows the scent of money and that means you can find toyota parts everywhere and anywhere.

Nuel is indeed the Mazda Franchise holder in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by domack99(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2013
IdaraCHODB:
Nuel is indeed the Mazda Franchise holder in Nigeria

I tried calling all thier lines they have on their website but non goes through
Re: Mazda Thread by IdaraCHODB(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
domack99:

I tried calling all their lines they have on their website but non goes through

I know what you mean smiley

Are you based in Abuja or Lagos?

I know their offices in both, their online presence might not be as robust though
Re: Mazda Thread by Fulaman198(m): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mazda vehicles are indeed fantastic automobiles. However, so are Toyotas. It is hard to determine which is better because they excel in different ways.
Re: Mazda Thread by georgio(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Please i own a Mazda 323 GLX 1998 model. for the past one year i have been have issues with the car producing black smoke and the fuel consumption is on the high side. Even after changing the oil and plugs still no change. I have changed the air flow-meter but still no change.
Someone has advised me to change the brain box. Can anyone pls advise me on what to do or a reliable source where i can get genuine mazda parts in lagos or a brand new brain box.
Re: Mazda Thread by domack99(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
IdaraCHODB:

I know what you mean smiley

Are you based in Abuja or Lagos?

I know their offices in both, their online presence might not be as robust though

Am based in Lagos
Re: Mazda Thread by domack99(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
georgio: Please i own a Mazda 323 GLX 1998 model. for the past one year i have been have issues with the car producing black smoke and the fuel consumption is on the high side. Even after changing the oil and plugs still no change. I have changed the air flow-meter but still no change.
Someone has advised me to change the brain box. Can anyone pls advise me on what to do or a reliable source where i can get genuine mazda parts in lagos or a brand new brain box.

The issue is definately not brain box, i believe your major problem is research and lack of good mechanic. Are you base in Lagos, i can connect you to a good mechanic.

There are couple of things that could cause black smoke and if you have a terrible mechanic could also have complicated matter for you.

Miss firing which could lead to incomplete combustion, bad O2 sensor, if plugs are bad this will follow with engine vibration, injection nozzle, ordinary bad air filter could also cause black smoke, what of if your fuel injector pump in more fuel than necessary. As i said there are couple of things that could lead to black smoke. The good thing is that each of theis problem comes with other symptons which make it uniquely identifiable.

And who knows your engine might be parking up this is mostly due to poor car maintenance culture

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
domack99:

Am based in Lagos

If you are in Lagos:
Mazda dealership (Nuel Ojei Holdings) is along Bank Anthony way, just by the overhead bridge adjacent to Forte Filling station close to Local Airport (Arik wing) Terminus 1, Ikeja. You could call the workshop manager, Shola, on 08062308040.
Re: Mazda Thread by jcshols: 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
what do u guys think of mazda6 2005 v6 grand touring?fuel consumption,performance and usual issues?
Re: Mazda Thread by domack99(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2013
jcshols: what do u guys think of mazda6 2005 v6 grand touring?fuel consumption,performance and usual issues?

What is the engine capacity of the Mazda6, i always preferred 2.5Litre engine of V6, that way i can enjoy the V6 engine with the best fuel economy. Mazda generally don't consume fuel when you compare them with another brand of the same engine capacity.

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by omotoda(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2013
georgio: Please i own a Mazda 323 GLX 1998 model. for the past one year i have been have issues with the car producing black smoke and the fuel consumption is on the high side. Even after changing the oil and plugs still no change. I have changed the air flow-meter but still no change.

I had a similar problem with my mazda 626 hatch back 1995 model.It is your brain box.In the period I used the car I changed the brain box once because of this issue.2 years after the same thing occured, fortunately the rewire I got then knew a place somewhere in abule egba where they reprogrammed the brain box and it worked perfectly after until I sold it and bought my tribute.It's certainly your brain box.

When it occured the first time my mechanic claimed its the mass air flowmeter, we drove it to ladipo , they put another one but the same thing occured, until a rewire in Ladipo then said its the brain box and changed it and it worked fine until after 2 years again when it resurfaced on the new brain box and it was reprogrammed.
Re: Mazda Thread by tosin2013: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ogas am thinking of getting a Mazda tribute 2001 (naija used).

Pls give me an honest opinion about fuel economy, maintenance n performance.
Thanks
Re: Mazda Thread by chaidavese: 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
I am thinking of buying a Mazda cx7. It has a 2.3 4. Cylinder engine. Is there any major issue with the ride
Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2013
chaidavese: I am thinking of buying a Mazda cx7. It has a 2.3 4. Cylinder engine. Is there any major issue with the ride

No issue! It's a nice car.
Re: Mazda Thread by olumaiye: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2014
Hi guys.i am really interested in getting a mazda 3 2007 grand touring.i'll need peoples opinion on its performance and durability in naija. Does it av any common problem i should know about?
Re: Mazda Thread by amosfunmi(m): 4:52am On Jun 30, 2014
Good day house kindly help me out. My 1995 Mazda 626 stalled while driving and refuse to start. Though it crank well anytime I attempt to start it but would not just run. Pls what should I check for?
Re: Mazda Thread by BluStreak(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2014
Wow! How come mazda thread is so not active? Mazda cars are awesome cars o. My only problem is they seem under-powered. I bought an 02 Millie off Nairaland for Wifey, car is so sound but when I drive it and step on the gas pedal, it doesn't follow swiftly like my 07 Accord V6 despite the Millie being a V6. Is it a fault or the car is just under-powered?
Re: Mazda Thread by santakris(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2014
My 1998 mazda protege is about 2 years old. I don't have any major problem with it. In short, its great.

1 Like

Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
BluStreak: Wow! How come mazda thread is so not active? Mazda cars are awesome cars o. My only problem is they seem under-powered. I bought an 02 Millie off Nairaland for Wifey, car is so sound but when I drive it and step on the gas pedal, it doesn't follow swiftly like my 07 Accord V6 despite the Millie being a V6. Is it a fault or the car is just under-powered?

Check your air filter; clean it or if it's clogged, change it.
Re: Mazda Thread by BluStreak(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
kenmaro:

Check your air filter; clean it or if it's clogged, change it.
For real! shocked I got work on Saturday then cheesy. I hope it works. I wonder how a V6 will be so sluggish. Will come back with ma testimonial later.
Re: Mazda Thread by pragmatistm(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
People, what is the recommended engine and manual gear oil for mazda 626 1998 model? Thanks for your response.
Re: Mazda Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
pragmatist_m: People, what is the recommended engine and manual gear oil for mazda 626 1998 model? Thanks for your response.

Dextron iii should do
Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2014
braimahjak:

Dextron iii should do

Note* He said ''manual'' not automatic. I don't think dextron applies to manual. I think Manuals have their own formations. You could google it. As for the engine oil; Every car has an owner's manual and the engine oil specification is stated in there, so I will suggest instead of an open forum guess suggestions, why don't you check d manual or google it.
Re: Mazda Thread by kenmaro: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2014
1998 Mazda 626 manual gear oil is
"API GL-5, SAE 75W90 semi-synthetic
transmission fluid"
Transaxle: Manual
Fill up capacity: 2.7 liters

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Project D2 S8 - Audi S8 D2 5-Tiptronic To 6-Speed Manual Conversion / Truck Falls On Keke Nepap In Abule Egba (pics) / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.