Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Charles Okah Prison Letters. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Okah Prison Letters. (13891 Views)

Charles Okah's Daughter Tarila To Wed, Visits Dad In Prison To Seek Blessing / Charles Okah Attempts Jumping From Court’s Third Floor / Keyamo Petitions Prisons Over Attempt To Sodomise Charles Okah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by kaeto(m): 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
lacasa: GEJ the ηo.1 terrorist angry
my brother, we are just realising how evil GEJ is. Now I believe he is the real boko, na wa o!
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by dnawah(m): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: This unsubstantiated SUPER STORY should be read side by side with the fact that Charles Orkah is the brother of Henry Orkah, a KNOWN gun runner and leader of criminal gangs in the Niger delta. Before GEJ became president, Henry Orkah was initially arrested and imprisoned by Yar Adua due to his links with criminal activities in the Niger delta. He was later released by the same Yar Adua during the amnesty programme, after he wrote an under-taking not to return to criminality. After the demise of Yar Adua and with GEJ now in charge, Henry Orkah rejected amnesty and went on a mission to embarrass GEJ. Even till date, Henry Orkah does not believe in amnesty. Therefore, only fools will take SILLY STORIES of a family member of criminal gangs seriously. Unfortunately, there are many fools in Nig
only a fool will recognise a fool,a thief will recognise a thief.B-)
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by odumdesmond: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
Francuiz: Injustice at its peak. God help 9ja
Injustice to who? It worries me to hear Nigerians talk this way!!! It is wicked, insensitive to the families of scores of lives that were brutally cut short by the bombing of October 10 2010. The purported letter, which I have sieved and found to be a fifth columnist write up using psuedo name of Charles has not denied their participation in the bombing that took lives of poor Nigerians, it letter was only stating the motives behind the bombing, how they re being prosecuted for refusing to rope in some people in Nigeria and the demand that all terrorists like him in Kuje should be treated alike !!! We should allow the dead to negotiate with the dead. Charles' hands are dripping in blood of innocent people he murdered with his brother, and I can't find any excuse to justify that.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by demelza: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2012
Well for one thing we now know why these Boko Haramist are toying with the government and people, asking for unbelivable requests.
Obviously to them its no big deal getting arrested when they can be granted access to cable television, given enough food and feted on hand and foot. This is obviously a big deal for most of them who come from wretched backgrounds.
No wonder they can sit down on full stomach and plan the next attack or decide who among them should breakout of prison.
I blame MEND for going to sleep, because if they had persevered it would have been a different story.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Toktee(m): 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: This unsubstantiated SUPER STORY made front page on NL? Seun! Seun!! Seun!!! Using ones privilleged position or medium to FACILITATE lies and half-truths just to discredit political opponents is also a form of CORRUPTION.
You are a f.ool,who iz he discrediting?

1 Like

Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Idokojimmy: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
I wish people could just read in between lines and see the plot behind the letter. This wasn't written by Someone one who claims to be in prison and denied access to media. For instance, where did he get the info about Sambo, and Gej from?if he feels he is innocent, why is he saying boko haram won't come out since perceived MEND Members are in prison and being victimized. Is he not saying yes I'm a member, and we are responsible for the bombing? People could easily be carried away by sympathy. No rationality
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by chinedum13(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: This unsubstantiated SUPER STORY should be read side by side with the fact that Charles Orkah is the brother of Henry Orkah, a KNOWN gun runner and leader of criminal gangs in the Niger delta. Before GEJ became president, Henry Orkah was initially arrested and imprisoned by Yar Adua due to his links with criminal activities in the Niger delta. He was later released by the same Yar Adua during the amnesty programme, after he wrote an under-taking not to return to criminality. After the demise of Yar Adua and with GEJ now in charge, Henry Orkah rejected amnesty and went on a mission to embarrass GEJ. Even till date, Henry Orkah does not believe in amnesty. Therefore, only fools will take SILLY STORIES of a family member of criminal gangs seriously. Unfortunately, there are many fools in Nig
you are the number 1 fool,go and wipe smegma, and mind you next time if you dont have any reasonable thing to say you shut your gut. scrapwarp
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Solemntee: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
In as much we all re entitled to certain fundamental human rights, there are exceptions to such rights when you run foul d rule of law. Without any element of prejudice, security agencies would not ve just hand picked anybody for such grave state crimes without being an accomplice whether directly or by extension. However, since the veracity of the letters and its content are verifiable.... I dere d various characters mention in letter to come an clear d air with substantiable facts.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Slapme(m): 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Pls how do I change my BBM status?
you are a dump Bleep. You have to quote the whole topic. For your senseless.question. Slow poke asshole
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by sigba(f): 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

i wont curse.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by sigba(f): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

All these witches and wizards on NL sef. You will not succeed o. I wont curse you.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by BlackMamba2: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
odum desmond: If you are intelligent enough, you would discover that that purported letter could not have emanated from a man in solitary confinement that claims he has been confined to darkness and no form of contact to the world outside his prison cell. How did he know what transpires outside, how come he was even quoting people verbatim? Did you not notice he was distorting facts?did you also notice has was stating events a man in solitary confinements couldn't ve been aware of, giving accurate names, time, date and events. Who told him Dasuki is now NSA? Did he attend same secondary school with Cardinal John Onayikan? Where? I know whereas Onayikan schooled at Kabba in Kogi state, Charles and Henry his brother couldn't have also schooled there, between him and Henry who is older? The letter claims Henry is his younger brother, but we all know that is white lie. Its only a low brain that will accept that crap of a letter hook line n sinker!

We want more analytical peeps like u on NL and in Naija...cos only illiterates are influenced by emotional write-ups like dis. The truly educated piece up real facts and make credible deductions based on common sense.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by kabba7(m): 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
Why are Nigerians forgeting the façtt that MEND ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ the south soth people actualy began this bombing culture before Boko haram copied amd surpase them .GEJ is a confirmed terrorist anywaY.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Euroclydon(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hmmn...this write-up beats my imagination cos i believe if SSS is keeping u without u having access to the outside world,there is no way ur letter will get out...if u truly wrote it o. Thats just for starters...there are more gaps and inconsistencies to be picked out in this write-up. Lets not be gullible. Use ur head.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

And u quoted all dis,just 2 ask stewpid question? Ewu gambia
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by najoke: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

So you won't help me..

Its easy now,throw am inside am toilet,leave am for 30 mins by d time u come back to pick it up...wholla ur BB DP would have changed.
If u have any further question don't hesitate to post it in the PHONE section

1 Like

Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by surveycash(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
Gee001: This letter long die!

Hope you read it?
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by tarryT(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
How does bombing of Abuja affect the price....sorry, i ment emancipation of Niger Delta people.. They ruined the good motives of MEND. If they are found connected to the Oct 1st bombing they deserve worst.. No Ijaw leader will plead for them, and the youths will reject them.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by iykemyke: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
Jafour: What is the catholic community and the church doing? The catholic churches had been attacked many times by Boko Haram and many catholics lost their lives while celebrating mass.

Now a catholic is being incarcerated for whatever charge but being denied attendance to mass while suspected boko harams are allowed to practice their religion in the same prison.

Cardinal Okojie should act on the religious aspect of the letter directed to him.

cardinal okogie is no more the bishop of lagos and i wonder in his private capacity what he can do.
The senate president is also a catholic and his got political pwers. Just hope justice is done and done fast.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by asala1: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

You should be ban.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by aglomar: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2012
The truth we shall know one day
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by wolebaba(m): 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

How did your parents put up with you? U are one big disgrace to your lineage!!!
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by najoke: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2012
Waiting for that fool to respond.....what is his name again o....yes the local breed attack dog DOYIN oleKUPE!
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by talk2xp: 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
.bbpreye:

Some mothers do have them.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by BuBBle1(f): 12:17am On Dec 10, 2012
One thing I know the Cardinal will soon go 4 his yrly prison visit very soon,I pray he sees this b4 then, secondly this is injustice at its peak,its obvious they want to kill him slowly with the electrocution,fumigation,extended trials(imagine almost a yrs court appearance)without bail then they will tell us he died in his prison cell after a brief illness then divide his frozen properties/acc. The devil will puke at all this wickedness.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:54am On Dec 10, 2012
.bbpreye:

. And do u have to quote d whole story just to ask a questn dat doesn't relate to d topic.....smh
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by alomoh: 3:52am On Dec 10, 2012
I am particularly touched by his story but i don't believe the writer of this Piece is in Prison. I have visited Kuje Prison myself to do evangelism, I know Prison life can be Traumatic BUT an aspect of the Letter says His son who visited fron Kansas USA was firstly arrested and later released. I have the inkling to think that his son would have written the letter (which is fine) to say that the man wrote from Prison is to add deception to lies

Now the Letter tells of Torture in a supposed Democratic system of government. It also shows the similarity in the beast we call President and Late Abacha, IBB and all the wicked despots that have thrown us in Darkness.
With these Kidnapper gangs around Jonathan and his evils. Nigeria is damaged good
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Ama28(f): 3:56am On Dec 10, 2012
This is some of the cases that takes us back to the cave age. How can someone who has not being condemned be kept in solitary confinement? Is this administration governing cows? People are busy condemning him here in writing. He is not even asking for freedom he is asking for Fair trial and justice which is his constitutional right. Whether or not this letter is genuine shouldn't come up at all! The fact that he is denied fair trial, is enough for his case to be dismissed in an upright court which is not found in GEJ administration.

He should be tried and when found guilty should face the law! Period. Our judiciary should stop playing toys in the hands of politicians and disgracing this nation. It should start practicing "independence of the Judiciary" that they scream to us when it favours them.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Livebetalife(f): 5:00am On Dec 10, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!!
Do you wish to Livebetalife?
Tired of relying on Your Parent / Friends?
Then join
[liveBETAlife on facebook] now
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by naptu2: 5:23am On Dec 10, 2012
I don't know if his claims are true, but I want to address the issue of inconsistencies that some people have raised.

1) The letter is what is called a "prison letter". The fact that a person is held in solitary confinement does not prevent them from releasing a "prison letter". I have Ken Saro-Wiwa's book "A Month And A Day" beside me right now. He wrote the preface to the book while he was in solitary confinement (before Abacha had him executed) and had it smuggled out to the British author William Boyd. It was William Boyd that had it published.

If you remember what happened in Nigeria during the 1960s, '70s, '80s and '90s, you would know that many pro-democracy activists wrote prison letters. Usually, they would get prison guards, doctors, etc, who are sympathetic to smuggle out such letters for them. They usually do this when they fear that they may never leave the prison alive.

If you also read Gani Fawehinmi's accounts of his detention, or Adewale Ademoyega's "Why We Struck", or Soyinka's "You Must Set Forth At Dawn" you would know that the prisoners also sometimes get information about the outside world from their guards, lawyers and doctors.

2) I have confirmed that Charles Okah did indeed attend St Gregory's College and I already know that Cardinal Okogie attended that same school.

That said, I do not know whether his claims are true or not.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by bbpreye2: 6:44am On Dec 10, 2012
Instead of u guys to help a brother out by answering my simple question, u're here critisizing me for asking "HOW DO I CHANGE MY BBM STATUS"

God bless all of you.
Re: Charles Okah Prison Letters. by Kunlebabs375: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: This unsubstantiated SUPER STORY made front page on NL? Seun! Seun!! Seun!!! Using ones privilleged position or medium to FACILITATE lies and half-truths just to discredit political opponents is also a form of CORRUPTION.

It is a pure super story. But I wonder how the letter managed TÕ̸̳͡ get out of the prison if not that the prison staff compromised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari In A Bilateral Meeting With Martin Schulz, President Of The EU Parliament / NDDC Probe: National Assembly May Decide Akpabio, Others Fate Today / ASUU To NASS: Ban Government Officials From Sending Children To School Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.