Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA (4748 Views)

Top 8 Businesses That Are Making It This Festive Period / Making It Big On Fiverr (Q&A thread) / Nairalander Tells Us If Your Making It From Any Online Biz In This Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by yokiti: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wishing you God's strength and wisdom in all you are doing now and will do in the future. Thanks for sharing this beautiful moments of wisdom of yours; May God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2013
yokiti: Wishing you God's strength and wisdom in all you are doing now and will do in the future. Thanks for sharing this beautiful moments of wisdom of yours; May God bless you real good.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read through. I say a big AMEN to your prayer. I will also update it if something worthwhile comes through. Thanks a bunch, you've injected me with overdose of CONFIDENCE.
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by aieromon(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
Interesting read.

You're on the right path to greatness.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2013
aieromon: Interesting read.
You're on the right path to greatness.
thank you brother
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 8:39am On Feb 05, 2013
The greatest pride i ever liked is knowing that my services goes a long way to affecting the lives of a community. my viewing centre is the only available option for the inhabitants of this community during this year's africa nations cup. the first match of the afcon on a saturday attracted higher number of viewers. it was a double show including man city and south africa. if it were to be mancity alone, it will just earn 700# but on this day, 19th jan, 2500#.
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 8:57am On Feb 05, 2013
GROUP C matches attracted the highest number of spectators. the day nigeria were to play their first match against burkina faso, we had arranged the seats and also rented sizeable number of plastic chairs. the capacity was 120. FIVE MINUTES to the start of the match, the whole seats were occupied. we knew d population was going to be high but we didn't know it would start with their first match. we could have made arrangements for that. we had over hundred plus fans outside justling to have a peep of d tv..
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2013
we managed to receive over 7000# for the match. even those that stood were glad to pay because it was a survival of the fittest. the whole place was rowdy and even with two standard standing fans, the heat was something else. Because of situations like this am planning to install airconditioners and get a solar inverter and include a beer parlour alongside. when nigeria scored the first goal against burkina faso, the uniform shout was something else. we then moved on to create space for the next matches...
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 9:31am On Feb 05, 2013
We had two options on the extension to use. one was one corridor that can accommodate over 80 sitting fans and the other is b nursery school situated close to the viewing centre. d nursery school alone can accommod8 200 fans comfortably. D easier option was the corridor as the electrical connection is easier and consumes less cables. we started wit the corridor and made the necessary connections. it was tough but it has to be done 4 conveniency to customers & also increased income per super eagle match...
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
The extension we created was used for the other group matches. We noticed another increrase in population for the quater final matches. We took the decision to connect the nursery school. I personally went to the market to buy wire worth thousands of naira. We took our time and made the necessary preparations including testing the connection made.

When the time came for us to meet the elephants, the turnout of fans was great and ofcourse I tot I won"t feel bad even if we were knocked out by ivory coast in the quarter finals. The main hall was filled to the brim. We sold one hundred tickets and each was for N70. That was 7k. Even at this point fans were scrambling to enter but we directed them to the viewing centre. The guy helping me stayed to control the main hall while I moved on to the nursery school to take care of the fans there. I stsrted the generator and connected the a~v wires. The signals came on. I collected money till I got tired. A population of over 300 hundred in thiis hall but I managed to collect around six thousand naira.

So for the quarter final match, we walked home with eleven thousand naira. It was amazing because we were getting around 6k for the other matches.

We were even so excited as the unpredictable eagles were cruising to the final. The semi final match with mali only earned us around 8k but we were happy because the final was going to be better.

On the day of d final, we took special care to arrange the necessary things because there was no room for error and we needed to get every decision right, so we tested and crossed check every gadget. An hour before the match, we were trying to start d generator for the main but the rope got cut in the process. No one to fix it because it was on a sunday. Fortunately, we had 2 back up generators and we could not afford anymore damage to develop again. We gently carried on hoping all would go right and fortunately we escaped unscathed. We made close to 13k that day but I settled several people that were responsible for the success.

Nl'ers readin dis would like think "wow this guy is in money" but it's not actually the case. Several expenses dat would get u bored if I continue to list them out are involved.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
After the nations cup matches, the champions league took centre stage where we've been battling for customers. The highest we got for now in the champions league was N2600 and that was d match between real madrid and man utd where they played 1~1. Then another was ac milan v barca and that was N2300. The other matches ofcourse were peanuts. Since after the nations cup we are yet to earn 3k on any match. It's cool sha but it's frustating if the two of us would depend on the proceeds to survive and progress. My aim was to gather like 70k, travel to lagos and get back up funds of like 80k to open another independent shop selling mobile phones, electronics and computer accessories.

I was able to gather about 50k cash and then I have various debts outside to be paid in by customers. This is about 19k. All this while I had been postponing my journey back to lagos till finally I chose a date. That day was last monday, 25th feb. Before leaving, I had arranged 25litrs of pure palm oil for my people in lagos. I passed thru aba where we had d luxurious park and they charge N2500 to lagos. I had been there since 4pm. I decided to go through the markets in aba and come back for my journey. I was able to compare prizes of some goods with lagos. And I really benefitted from it.
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2013
The day I got to lagos, and my home, I barely stayed in the house for one hour. Guess what?! I was out there looking for one or two things to buy. I actually bought things that day. As I am typing this, I had exhausted 50k and am only left with N80 in my pocket. Then it's time to meet my old man, my dad. I explained to him what am planning and cash being the major stumbling block. He was quiet for a moment."This few months had been good to me business wise" my old man said." Business has been good and really good" he explained. " Like how much would this your project cost?" he asked. " I am looking at around 400k" I said not expecting even a quarter of dat." I can give u around 500k for u to proceed" he said. Wow I can't believe am about to get 500k to put into my business. This has been keeping me awake because am plannin exactly how to manage. To be continued...
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by aieromon(m): 6:09am On Feb 28, 2013
I love your determination. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thank God i hav been able to buy everything i wanted to buy. Electronics, phones and some computers. In business i think no capital is always much. I was able to get them at bargain prices and am confident my money will come out. During the process of buying, i have greased many palms in computer village to make sure i get what i needed. I had paid for apprenticeship in alaba international and ofcourse fallen prey to some unscrupulous elements in the market. Though i am happy as i have established more contacts and also know the trustworthy dealers i can buy from another time. I am wiser, more resolute and versed in the business of electronics than ever before. Formerly, i could buy an LCD 32 inch tv for 35k but now i know with just 19k i can get a perfectly working LCD tv. My customers will just pay me for transport and commission and then deliver it to them. In my shop however, i can sell a 32 inch LCD tv for 28k.

Of all the struggles, the hardest part is transportation. It is somffin that can make someone want to give up. Why? At times u will buy goods that only u cant carry and u will need a truckpusher to assist but they are nowhere to be found. So u actively participate in the loading and the offloading in person and this i can authoritatively confirm it aint easy. You work under the yellow sun till your hair turn greyish. This is wat i encounter in alaba intl market. As if it was nt enough, I have paid over 5k to a driver to drop my load from agege to young shall grow park at ojuelegba. We have dropped the load since thursday and i keep coming everyday and they will tell me no space and i keep coming afterwards. Today, monday the 18th of march, as early as 11am i am at dis very park to arrange for the load. It took over an hour for d man in charge of load to surface. He was robust and with a heavy pot belly; a sign of years of extortion from ignorant businessmen. He asked me to bring out d load from the store so he can assess them. I off my shirt and with d assistance of one staff, who was letting me knw dat i would pay him even before we started, we managed to bring out the heavy luggages. The man looked and told me 30k. I begged and begged but he said 20k last. I offered 14k but he was adamant. So i met one of the loading staff and asked him to proffer solution. He gave me two options, one is to pay that amount or do somffin dat can get him fired. So he asked me to follow him codedly to another joint. I did that. he took me to a cargo company and the guys there made it seem as if it was going to be very cheap. So i went back to the park and started bluffin with d man i had discussed with. He said i should pay and buy my tickets as i was going to travel with one of my younger ones. I packed my luggages and headed for the other park and after loading half of d luggage , i was asked to pay 25k last. I talked and talked till i couldnt talk again. i sounded like a f.ool and was confused for a moment. then i went somewhere and started regretting and lookin for a way out. Now am at the young shall grow park typing this piece...

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
All I can say is wow!
I hope many youths will learn from your experience.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by otomatic(m): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Bros ade anam o! Ur thread reads like Richard Branson's "Losing my Virginity". i am definitely following this thread. Keep it up! U r an inspiration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
Itz d man's turn to show me he is in control and so far he's doing dat perfectly. I went to him telling him d bus i was made to bargain had a flaw dat i dont particularly like. I told him d car bend to one side and i don't like boarding such buses. I even told him dat i was short of d money we bargained and i needed to look for a cheaper option. He said ''after all d warnings i gave u, u still went ahead to suit urself. Now don't come near me. I don warn u o''
As he was saying dis, i was also feeling angry for wasting time and money to take it to d other park. Sincerely, he didn't attend to me up to dis point. What pains me most is dat,their faces are too tight and there's no joke u will crack dat will ease d tension. I watched as d luxurious bus arrive and stocked with various load while mine and some others were completely ignored. This was after d begging i have done. Now the bus is full and i am told i cant travel this night that hopefully in the morning. If in d morning no bus shows up then i will be in the park till tuesday night. However, i hav slept in dis very park before and it was for two good days. they kept on assuring me till i spent two days. They finally pitied me and allowed me go. I am afraid a similar occurence is on d cards...
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
otomatic: Bros ade anam o! Ur thread reads like Richard Branson's "Losing my Virginity". i am definitely following this thread. Keep it up! U r an inspiration

my oga yes i knw say na me cause but then when u are in business you have to cut down expenses. Thats what i tried to do but it backfired; poor me. Thanks 4 d support. At times i do market my product around akpa road in uyo. perhaps u might want to see some!
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
@otomatic
I read a review of richard branson's book and it has become a book i will like to read in detail. Perhaps when i arrive akwa ibm, i wil get a copy
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Now with d full intent of passing d night at the young shall grow park, i have prepared a book i will read all through the night. It is titled 100 absolutely unbreakable laws of business success by brian tracy. Today, i have to pour libation for the blue, white, yellow and the redmosquitoes to spare me for dis night. Already i have started feeling their long swords dip inside my veins. while i wait for them to heed my request, i hav activated reading for the time being.
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by aieromon(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
nas4q: Now with d full intent of passing d night at the young shall grow park, i have prepared a book i will read all through the night. It is titled 100 absolutely unbreakable laws of business success by brian tracy. Today, i have to pour libation for the blue, white, yellow and the redmosquitoes to spare me for dis night. Already i have started feeling their long swords dip inside my veins. while i wait for them to heed my request, i hav activated reading for the time being.

I hope you're looking at other functions of the viewing centre at the end of the football season. You can do a survey on gaming and mini cinema and see whether there will be sufficient demand for them. When I was in Katsina,a lot of viewing centres turned to mini cinema houses at the end of the football season. They even showed wrestling in the evenings.

Your hustle will definitely be rewarded. Just stay focused.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
aieromon:

I hope you're looking at other functions of the viewing centre at the end of the football season. You can do a survey on gaming and mini cinema and see whether there will be sufficient demand for them. When I was in Katsina,a lot of viewing centres turned to mini cinema houses at the end of the football season. They even showed wrestling in the evenings.

Your hustle will definitely be rewarded. Just stay focused.

Thanks.

I am thinking of that too so dat is why 32 inch LCD tv is part of my luggage. I have also bought a 5.1 home theatre system for dat purpose but we will begin to take it serious when we arrange a projector. Thatz wat is used in d north. Thanks for d advice!
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by prettyrose: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
more grease to ure elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nairamaverick(m): 2:17am On Dec 05, 2013
I see u looking back at all this later in life and smiling to yourself.

I would suggest you include soccer betting and probably lotto,also a beer parlour.
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by nas4q(m): 4:21am On Jan 26, 2015
I am going to continue this thread in coming days. Am sorry to have abandoned it for such a long time. Update coming up soon....
Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by KingTom(m): 5:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Nasiru Nas4q my guy, you have done well. I love seeing youths who grab the bull by the horn and start their own business. Good, may God reward your efforts in ten fold.

1 Like

Re: Ex Corps Member Making It At His PPA by DBounty(m): 11:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
Well done op. but how I wish to know dat great breakthrough u landed after this hard training. all d best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Detect Fake China Visa (features Of Chinese Visa.) / Naira Exchange Rate Vs Other African Countries Currencies / Supplier Wholesale Jewelry Buy To Resell Start Ur Business 08121810749 Wtsp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.