Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police (9829 Views)

Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Can We Get Mobile Filling Station For Sale ???? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2013
mufutau55: You need to do something drastic and evict this lady by force. Naija no easy like where we dey live o!

Hajji Mufutau

They are still there still show casing their wares by taking pictures and uploading it on facebook almost everyday.How will a young girl who still has a mother and father be parading herself like this online and nobody is saying can you cut it out and stop the stupidness. But then it tells you how they are raised.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Their brother goes by the name Derick Lunch https://www.facebook.com/#!/derick.lunch

so sister get her own 419 fake name Jenny Osa Omokaro becomes AKA Jenny Braxton

https://www.facebook.com/#!/jennybraxton

Landlords beware.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
I just spoke to the gateman and they are definitely still there.

Some tenants wonder why landlords collect 2 or even 3 years rent or get tenants out of their property its because of people like this who will use fake identities, not pay their rent and will also be making trouble for the whole neighbourhood.

Laminated copies of Mr Johnson Ariyo(tenant name this fraudsters have used to secure the tenancy) and his guests eviction letters will be displayed in the neighbourhood so that all the people they think will beg for them can know which kind of people they are.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by elohorayodele: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2013
Are they out now?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2013
Water has passed under bridge. Brother threatening on video; me showing my muscle and that I really mean business; dpo at Ajiwe involvement; its going through the courts now cos the bottomline is they cant afford it. Apparently they need 6 months but will make sure its all through the courts.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
I have been really busy and when I have sometime I will upload the drama that unfolded(on video) while I was in 9ja. Apparently squatters have power pass the owner and he was most probably going to get himself hurt big time but once he realised that my bro is 3 times his size, mobile police and he and friends will restrain him if he tries to be violent he decided to be peaceful and no more incident till I left. He has to find somewhere else to get himself killed.

They cant afford to live there and think by making trouble people will get scared of them. Aside from his not being ashamed that he wants to fight a woman his mother's age mate.

Apparently, according to his sister, Mr Derek Lunch is a taxi driver and only works at night and comes home between 3am-4am in the middle of the night. DPO at Ajiwe has told them they will be arrested if he sees either of them out pass 11pm at night. Their car was seized by estate security for the late night parade.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
Derick Lunch displaying. Large video will upload soon

Money that is due from November 2012 is still being paid piecemeal and he is shouting.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by lovetosin: 12:18am On Sep 22, 2013
Gabbytabby,
madam you are not serious at all,you have been mouthing off throwing this tenant out for bout a year now...yet you still stuck with them...Just throw them out and close this chapter...its getting boring.....dont you think you going on in circle?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 5:22am On Sep 22, 2013
Love tosin,

When you become a Landlord you will understand. That is why you need to take extra care before you let your property in the first place even if it means you leave it unoccupied for a while to get the right one. I was hopeful that they will find their way but its now with the courts since they cant afford the place and they will not find one that they can afford despite advice to this effect from every angle. The DPO at ajiwe was involved and adviced to go through the courts.

One of the Landlords in the area actually said that is why people dont want to rent to "Ibos" because unfortunately in Lagos everyone after Ore is Ibo to them. Another had story to tell about his house being cleared of his electronics when the family went to church on a Sunday while his Ibo (another from the old Bendel State) tenant room was only scattered and nothing taken the suspicion being that the culprit is the tenant and he has had to get the guy evicted. Experience is that they will not pay and more importantly, they will also be making trouble like you owe them a free ride and hoping that you will get scared of them. In my case that aint happening.

The irony is that I have another tenant who are actually Ibo and as far as being a model tenant they are as good as it gets.

Its not all about the money but also the lifestyle, and the attitude.

love-tosin:
Gabbytabby,
madam you are not serious at all,you have been mouthing off throwing this tenant out for bout a year now...yet you still stuck with them...Just throw them out and close this chapter...its getting boring.....dont you think you going on in circle?

2 Likes

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by bebe2(f): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2013
I said dis before. , throw them out and pay wateva penalties dat comes afterwards its a simpler way of doing it. Money answereth all things.

Now u will have to go tru the naija court system it cud take years. And u won't get ur money.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2013
It does not take years you actually get your court date within 3-4 weeks of lodging your application. If you can demonstrate service and they dont show up (cause they have to get a lawyer and pay for the pleasure) it can wrap up very quickly and the bailiff/sheriff comes round and can take their car/other property to get your money back.

The bottomline has been explained to them by everyone including the DPO at Ajiwe. My understanding is that the court just ratifies the agreement they have requested for time to find something that they can afford. If it was someone you can trust their word we will just have an agreement without the need to go to court.

In the last year or so there has been more magistrate courts in Lagos and things do get moved on quickly. Also, August/September is a busy period in the legal calendar with the Bar Association Annual Conference and the ceremony to mark the commencement of the legal year in Lagos State so things should move quickly after next week.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
The drama as it unfolds see the attachment.

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by esoorita: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
love-tosin:
Gabbytabby,

There are two business you don't do in Nigeria if you are living abroad. The first one is transport and the other one is building a property to let. Nigeria is a funny place, they believe that you are a sort of social security provider if you invest in these two business and so they expect you to send money from abroad to carry out repairs on your house or vehicle if the need arises. Their mindset is that you have your own copy of the keys to the safe of the banks in the U.K and the U.S.A

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by bebe2(f): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
esoorita:

There are two business you don't do in Nigeria if you are living abroad. The first one is transport and the other one is building a property to let. Nigeria is a funny place, they believe that you are a sort of social security provider if you invest in these two business and so they expect you to send money from abroad to carry out repairs on your house or vehicle if the need arises. Their mindset is that you have your own copy of the keys to the safe of the banks in the U.K and the U.S.A

cheesy cheesy cheesy add bakery to that list.

am talking from experience
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
I have always asked friends in Nigeria that are into business why they are so harsh and I have come to realise that it is their way of ensuring the ongoing survival of their businesses such that even for people who are in Nigeria it is a problem if you dont reign in the problem people.

Why do we have such a bad reputation, the charity began at home .

All the other tenants respect themselves and take care of business.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Apparently court papers were served yesterday. I have not spoken to the Lawyer yet. We are still hopeful than an agreement can be reached that works for all.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by bebe2(f): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
gabbytabby: Apparently court papers were served yesterday. I have not spoken to the Lawyer yet. We are still hopeful than an agreement can be reached that works for all.

Agreement wit those pple?

Babe u cool o

At this point u should know wateva agreement the do wut u wont work becos they will definitely break the terms and conditions.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
bebe2:

Agreement wit those pple?

Babe u cool o

At this point u should know wateva agreement the do wut u wont work becos they will definitely break the terms and conditions.

Cool ke. I dey pay money for a SAN to deal with business ni. They dont seem to get that there are actions that you take that have their consequence and sorry does not quite undo it, especially when you have no intention of making necessary adjustments and that there is no point to fighting a fight that you cant win.

I know them as being flaky and that it wont work cos its their livelihood and lifestyle and they have a sense of they can fight people even for your own thing that is why I am paying the lawyer to go to court and get a court mandated agreement as to when they will leave. If they dont leave then the court will order the bailiff/sheriff with assistance to throw them out.

I have told the Lawyer that provided they are being reasonable then come to an agreement otherwise to throw the whole book at them and play hard ball. They also obtained tenancy by fraud etc.

Before I had time to deal with business na them bring police to my house (hence the tenant get power pass landlord he was saying) and it was on that day that the cretin felt powerful enough to damage the light and start mouthing off after his sister finished her own. All this while their police were there. I then arranged with my brother to go see the DPO 2 days later as they said the DPO wanted to see me. Bottomline even from the DPO was you cant afford it so find what you can afford and he then adviced going through the court. The video was quite handy as she is a born liar and I wish i got her also on tape.

The court date should be next week.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
I just spoke with the lawyer just now. The Court have now established that she is not my tenant as I told her and as such cant really make any agreement or have any issue with me and neither do I need to have any discussions with her.

If they serve a notice of tenancy abandonment and the tenant Mr Johnson Ariyo (according to her he is outside the country and no longer in Ekiti as she first claimed- Story story story who is she deceiving) who never slept in the house for a day does not present himself or be represented then it will be granted, they will be evicted and case closed.

They have not paid the money that she agreed with the DPO they will pay at the end of September so hopefully she is getting herself together and finding accomodation that they can afford instead of stressing herself unduely.

There is the expectation that they can forcefully get me to let them decide what to pay, when to pay and how to pay and its impossible for them to get that things dont go that way and that they are being unreasonable with me and unrealistic with their financial situation and something has to give.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 10:45am On Oct 13, 2013
I am hoping that her pastor friend can persuade her to look for alternative accomodation that she can afford and that it is ungodly and shows a lack of contentment to be making trouble and pretending that you can afford something that you cant afford or living above your means or waiting to be disgraced by your stuff being thrown outside the street before you do the needful.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
?
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
I was reading about the PDP wahala and offer of olive branch and one of them said something on the lines of an illegal occupant was wants to tell the owner of the house the part that he should take and the analogy of this made me smile when I think of the illegal occupants in this situation.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
When their car was seized by the estate security, they stopped driving in the night but were still coming back by leg in the middle of the night so it is clear that the brother is not a midnight taxi driver.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 10:59am On Nov 09, 2013
I dont know what to make of this.

Na 60k they owe. They were meant to pay 40k in September 10k in October and another 10k in November. Instead nothing was paid in September and October and then I get one alert for 8k in November. Why will someone continue to think they should remain in a house they clearly cannot afford to live in.

At the end of November they will will again owe 415k and expect to start the rubbish. There are 2 and 3 bedroom apartment for half this that they can look for but all the fake existence will continue.

I guess they are going to wait until they get thrown in the street.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
They have choosen to drip feed another 20k alert. When people say sorry what is that suppose to mean? Sorry that I have not paid your rent and have been drip feeding you the rent money. By the way, I will continue to drip feed you and not follow any agreement even the one I have suggested.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
There is 32K left from last year and a new year 415k has started. I asked security to remind madam and first she said she wants to speak to me and then she changes her mind she wants me to tell security which money she owe and then security will tell her. I dont know if she expects to live free of charge.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by kenyarttar: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
gabbytabby my fam were recently able to evict a tenant after a 7 year legal tussle. Some of the fault being our/our lawyers improper filing/tabling of the case. The court gave mense profit and all but in reality the amount spent over the years and the court/police people you have to settle to coax them to do their job no be small thing. Realistically the evicted tenant might take a lifetime to pay up, the only real consolation is you get possession of your property back.

truth is your lawyer will make big money from you through this case. Naija being what it is the case will drag. The defaulting tenant will find joy in spending less money paying his lawyer. Be ready for a very very long thing.

If you really want to resolve this problem once and for all and have peace of mind your best bet is to forcefully evict them with influence of top military/police guys. They are above the law in Nigeria and gets the job done. Once the defaulting tenants things are out they can rant and rave and even counter sue you to court but now the joke's on them as the court process will obviously drag, they spending their last money to prosecute it while you laughing to the bank with your rent cash.

1 Like

Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
kenyarttar: gabbytabby my fam were recently able to evict a tenant after a 7 year legal tussle. Some of the fault being our/our lawyers improper filing/tabling of the case. The court gave mense profit and all but in reality the amount spent over the years and the court/police people you have to settle to coax them to do their job no be small thing. Realistically the evicted tenant might take a lifetime to pay up, the only real consolation is you get possession of your property back.

truth is your lawyer will make big money from you through this case. Naija being what it is the case will drag. The defaulting tenant will find joy in spending less money paying his lawyer. Be ready for a very very long thing.

If you really want to resolve this problem once and for all and have peace of mind your best bet is to forcefully evict them with influence of top military/police guys. They are above the law in Nigeria and gets the job done. Once the defaulting tenants things are out they can rant and rave and even counter sue you to court but now the joke's on them as the court process will obviously drag, they spending their last money to prosecute it while you laughing to the bank with your rent cash.

There are a lot of options. The lawyer assures me he will deal and he is the family lawyer. This is easier to deal with cos they obtain tenancy by fraud. Also there is concern about, what they are into and of them coming in between 3am-4am in the middle of the night everynight. I need to get a couple more of them disturbing the peace and causing a nuisance in the middle of the night everynight. Evidence is an important piece when you want to go all out. My bro actually works in the seat of power so I do have the military contacts if need be. We have done some needful behind the scenes. Need to be diplomatic about this things. I am not in 9ja and I know if I dont co-ordinate things properly and have place filled straight away they will just harass security if I am not there and there is little he can do if I am not there. It was less of an issue cos they did make some mesne profit payment save for 32K and the new year of 415k starts this month. I will be in 9ja for about 6 months next year hopefully they will get themselves situated before they are put out one way or the other.

Thanks bro.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by lovetosin: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
@madam:are you kidding you still on this issue after all this gazillion years trying to put them out...idk why cant your bros in high places put them away once and for all...cuz this is really getting embarrassing the way its dragging on...goodluck tho
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Love-tosin dont let it embarrass you oh my brother.

Things are moving on nicely. It took them 7 months to pay about 60-70k such that I know that unless I want them to live there on charity basis, they really need to move on and find a property that they can afford. Their mid-night rendezvous also makes it desirable for them to find where is best suited to their lifestyle.

I spoke to my lawyer today and any mesne profit will be attached to the legal tenant's (Mr Johnson Ariyo) salary and/or bank accounts. They will seek an order for court cost and all. Its like a savings at this time.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joy Okojie continues to occupy the flat illegally and 32k continues to be outstanding from November 2012, A new year began on the 30th November 2013 and of 415k outstanding nothing has been paid.
Re: Tenant From Hell - Should I Get Mobile Police by gabbytabby: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nice one. Just need the dignity to pay their rent and not be looking around for a free lunch. Decent people work during the day and sleep at night. Hard work is not reflected in sleeping all day and clubbing all night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gracias Emerald Estate,abijo, Ajah For A Total Fee Of (4.8M) / Buy Cheap Land In Eputu,ajah, Lagos (pics) / Frequently Asked Questions About Real Estate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.