Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable (12807 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hi all,I'd like to know from people in the US and in naija on what they think are the pros and cons of overstaying with a 2yr B1/B2 visiting visa, am aware one can't work but can the person eventually change status to a working visa and if the person is not able to change status can the person still live a normal life...simply put is their a legal way that people overstay without the fear of police.

Please if their r peeps already in this situation ur experience will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by mosunade(f): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2012
of course. You can even become a citizen and also rule America. Why not.

3 Likes

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Mavor: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
Not advisable
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by mikkyangel(m): 3:28am On Dec 10, 2012
Yes

1 Like

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2012
mikkyangel: Yes sure,it is very very possible,America is the leader of the free world,and nobody,I mean nobody will ever ask for ur immigra status.u fit even ope. Bank account wit visa wen don run down as my friend did 2months.I hv seen somany guys here who hv spent over 10yrs,and nobody is chasing them,so long as u stay outter trouble..Am not trying to encourage over staying but if ur intension is not to go back to n9ja,guy help urself.d church where I attend,somany guys went tru this route, today some are happily married here while others went back to n9ja to huzzle wife/husbands and brought them here and most imptanly brought in them parents here for good quality medical care.my friends mum who came here nor even gree go back.had I come to America early enough and gotten my kpaly,mayb my dad wouldn't have died last year from those 2 yeye n9ja hospital with no electricity.(Luth and dt okobo hospita in ibadan),after spending over 600k..pls if things nor favour u for n9ja,this is ur chance to give ur wife and kids(if u ar married),quality life.na which state u dey come, if na my state,job don sure for u.am not trying to mk it look simple but na person help me come dis state wen I dey, and today na me dey even help dt person(nobody knows tmorow)...But hv it mind,yanky nor easy oh,best way u can survive dis ground na hussling combined with bizness.. Meaning u gotta come with cash.(Bizness)..remember, Police nor get ur time, yanky Nor be uk or Europe.I have lived in both worlds,and am talking for experience.(Past and current)

Thanks for ur info,am married and going with two kids and we will be in los angeles california
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by mikkyangel(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2012
What
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2012
@mikkyangel u sound like a nice person o most nigerians r not willing to help like this talking about when u sd we might stay at ur end..its so commendable but tx we r sorted out on where to stay,but who knows I might need ur help so can u send ur email address thanks

1 Like

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by justwise(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2012
kleenmum:

Thanks for ur info,am married and going with two kids and we will be in los angeles california

Do not risk it, do not overstay and gamble with your life and that of your kids, forget all the long story here, people with right to work in America are struggling to survive let alone an illegal immigrant.

Its your choice and i hope you will log on here to tell us how it turns out. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by justwise(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2012
mikkyangel: Yes sure,it is very very possible,America is the leader of the free world,and nobody,I mean nobody will ever ask for ur immigra status.u fit even ope. Bank account wit visa wen don run down as my friend did 2months.I hv seen somany guys here who hv spent over 10yrs,and nobody is chasing them,so long as u stay outter trouble..Am not trying to encourage over staying but if ur intension is not to go back to n9ja,guy help urself.d church where I attend,somany guys went tru this route, today some are happily married here while others went back to n9ja to huzzle wife/husbands and brought them here and most imptanly brought in them parents here for good quality medical care.my friends mum who came here nor even gree go back.had I come to America early enough and gotten my kpaly,mayb my dad wouldn't have died last year from those 2 yeye n9ja hospital with no electricity.(Luth and dt okobo hospita in ibadan),after spending over 600k..pls if things nor favour u for n9ja,this is ur chance to give ur wife and kids(if u ar married),quality life.na which state u dey come, if na my state,job don sure for u.am not trying to mk it look simple but na person help me come dis state wen I dey, and today na me dey even help dt person(nobody knows tmorow)...But hv it mind,yanky nor easy oh,best way u can survive dis ground na hussling combined with bizness.. Meaning u gotta come with cash.(Bizness)..remember, Police nor get ur time, yanky Nor be uk or Europe.I have lived in both worlds,and am talking for experience.(Past and current)

Its not nice when we deliberately mislead our fellow human beings, are you seriously advising a married woman with kids to travel to America and overstay her visiting visa? Telling her she can make it, get a job and bring her family to America as an illegal immigrant? Seriously are you?
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by mosunade(f): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
OP.

Please be careful who you listen to.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Mafamafa(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
This guy blowing broken eng is a liar, a married woman with kid to overstay in yankee, its a dream... Pls, if u have money, go to auctions like copart and buy maybe cars or something and do your biz jeje, don't overstay not unless u wanna scatter ur family cos d only option wil be for ur hubby to marry akata and trust me, na real scattering of ur family.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by omega25red(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
why are all you folks wasting your breath telling someone who already knows that if she stays she would have to struggle. No need to say anything because you will be accused of trying to stop someone from progressing in life. Experience is as they say the best teacher and everyone graduates in Mr. Experience's class grin
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 11, 2012
just to remind people that if you are deported from the USA there is no 10 year ban limit u are banned for LIFE!! America is not a country to try that BS.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Why would you want to do that to your kids? In many states you cant even get a drivers license without showing proof of citizenship. I still had to provide my visa to renew one a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 4:26am On Dec 11, 2012
@davidylan since u r in the states...is it possible to change/get to a work visa.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 11, 2012
kleenmum: @davidylan since u r in the states...is it possible to change/get to a work visa.

Yes, this is routinely done. But it depends on getting a job with an employer willing to sponsor you. I must warn though, the minute your B1/B2 visa expires while you're still in the US it will be virtually impossible to change your visa unless you marry or go back to naija. Well once you go back to naija you wont be able to come back. Never run foul of visa laws if marriage to a US citizen is not a valid option for you.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 7:06am On Dec 11, 2012
davidylan:

Yes, this is routinely done. But it depends on getting a job with an employer willing to sponsor you. I must warn though, the minute your B1/B2 visa expires while you're still in the US it will be virtually impossible to change your visa unless you marry or go back to naija. Well once you go back to naija you wont be able to come back. Never run foul of visa laws if marriage to a US citizen is not a valid option for you.

Definitely marriage to a US citizen is not an option for me as am still very married am not even thinking along that route at all and for an employer willing to sponsor I do have someone though just want to know how easy/difficult it is for that person to be able to change my visa to a working visa and am also not planning to let my visa expire on me as I know the consequences and that's why am so particular about how to go about getting a stay legally,thanks for your input and will appreciate more advise if you still have to give
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Leripa(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2012
Why do you love America?
Your input will go a long way to further enhance my research.
Check here: (www.nairaland.com/1121686/why-love-america)
Thank you.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Bossman(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
It will not be easy. I personally will not advice you to overstay. First of all, you will not be able to get a "real" job, because you will need a Social security Number (and you cannot get it on that visa). You certainly will not be able to get a Drivers License, even if you can somehow get a job with someone you know (and you will be paid in cash). That stuff mentioned above, about opening a bank account with that visa - I do NOT thinks that's possible. Bottom line - It will be daily struggle, and you will be constantly watching your back. At least until you somehow find a way to change your visa status while you are here. The links below may be helpful

http://blogs.usembassy.gov/philippines/?p=1057

https://www.google.com/search?q=working+with+a+b1%2Fb2+visa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by kleenmum(f): 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bossman: It will not be easy. I personally will not advice you to overstay. First of all, you will not be able to get a "real" job, because you will need a Social security Number (and you cannot get it on that visa). You certainly will not be able to get a Drivers License, even if you can somehow get a job with someone you know (and you will be paid in cash). That stuff mentioned above, about opening a bank account with that visa - I do NOT thinks that's possible. Bottom line - It will be daily struggle, and you will be constantly watching your back. At least until you somehow find a way to change your visa status while you are here. The
links below may be helpful

http://blogs.usembassy.gov/philippines/?p=1057

https://www.google.com/search?q=working+with+a+b1%2Fb2+visa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks for the advice will look up the link
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Gbenge77(m): 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
kleenmum: Hi all,I'd like to know from people in the US and in naija on what they think are the pros and cons of overstaying with a 2yr B1/B2 visiting visa, am aware one can't work but can the person eventually change status to a working visa and if the person is not able to change status can the person still live a normal life...simply put is their a legal way that people overstay without the fear of police.

Please if their r peeps already in this situation ur experience will be greatly appreciated.
Keeping a low profile is crucial,if you tread this path.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by Lucasbalo(m): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2012
Keeping low profile and not doing anything stupid is very important . It's going to be very tough to find a job because of E - Verify fro Homeland Dept. anyway, good luck. It's a very interesting country.
Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by gudlawkyoung: 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
kleenmum: @mikkyangel u sound like a nice person o most nigerians r not willing to help like this talking about when u sd we might stay at ur end..its so commendable but tx we r sorted out on where to stay,but who knows I might need ur help so can u send ur email address thanks
am coming to california by july, bt need a job. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable by john143: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2021
Hello Friends and family, How are you guys? please i humbly need your urgent reply.

Due to Last year Lockdown, I overstayed in the US uptill 9months. form February 18th 2020 to November 20th 2020

I traveled to US on the 18/02/2020 and was suppose to return back to Lagos, Nigeria 31st of March 2020, due to the Airport closure that started 20/03/2020 in Nigeria my flight was cancelled. but i quickly filed for an Extension in the US and i have been issued with a receipt by the USCIS FORM I-797C (Notice of Action for Extension).

This would by my 4th time Visit in the US, I have never overstayed my visit except this very last one as mentioned above that was
caused by the global Covid 19 Pandemic lockdown and ENDSARS protest in Nigeria.

Now I'm about to renew my B1/B2 Visa again, i hope i'm good to go?.

Please your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigeria Lists New Rules For UK, South Africa Passengers / Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens / Rehab\Upgrade Of Aradagun–Mosafejo-Ilado-Ajido-Imeke Road In Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.