Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. (11148 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
DISCLAIMER: bawomolo is not responsible for temper tantrums, broken keyboards and heart attacks.

GOD IS SATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold it was very good (Gen. 1:31)

GOD IS DISATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

And it repented the lord that he had made men on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart (Gen. 6:6)

GOD DWELLS IN CHOSEN TEMPLES

And the lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him: I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice, For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there forever; and mine eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually. (2 Chron. 7:12, 16.)

GOD DWELLS NOT IN TEMPLES

Howbeit the Most Hight dwelleth not in temples made with hands. (Acts 7:48.)

GOD DWELLS IN THE LIGHT

Dwelling in light which no man can approach unto (1 Tim 6:16.)

GOD DWELLS IN DARKNESS

The Lord said he would dwell in thick darkness . (1 Kings 8:12)
He made darkness his secret place. (Ps. 18:11.)
Clouds and darkness are round about him. (Ps. 97:2)

GOD IS SEEN AND HEARD

And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts. (Ex. 33:23.)
And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as man speaketh to his friend. (Ex. 33:11)
And the Lord called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid. (Gen. 3:9, 10.)
For I have seen God face to face , and my life is preserved.(Gen. 32:30.)
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw, also, the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up. (Is. 6:1.)
Then went up mose and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they Saw the God of Israel, They saw God and did eat and drink. (ex. 24:9, 10, 11)

GOD IS INVISIBLE AND CANNOT BE HEARD

No man hath seen God at any time. (John. 1:18.)
Ye hath neither heard his voice, at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37.)
And he said, Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live. (Ex. 33:20)
Whom no man hath seen nor can see (1 Tim. 6:16.)

i would try to post some more daily to create discussion about the bible. anyway guys, don't call this a senseless topic grin grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
Bawomolo,

If you are not careful, you may find this very exhausting as there are so many contradictions than one man can handle.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2008
true i may have to put the breaks on soon. i just want to see the people's reaction. do u have anything to add??
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by jagunlabi(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
God is confused.Lol! cheesy
bawomolo:

DISCLAIMER: bawomolo is not responsible for temper tantrums, broken keyboards and heart attacks.

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold it was very good (Gen. 1:31)

And it repented the lord that he had made men on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart (Gen. 6:6)

And the lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him: I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a house of sacrifice, For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there forever; and mine eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually. (2 Chron. 7:12, 16.)

GOD DWELLS IN THE LIGHT

GOD DWELLS IN DARKNESS

GOD IS SEEN AND HEARD

And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as man speaketh to his friend. (Ex. 33:11)
And the Lord called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid. (Gen. 3:9, 10.)
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw, also, the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up. (Is. 6:1.)
Then went up mose and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they Saw the God of Israel, They saw God and did eat and drink. (ex. 24:9, 10, 11)

And he said, Thou canst not see my face, for there shall no man see me and live. (Ex. 33:20)

i would try to post some more daily to create discussion about the bible. anyway guys, don't call this a senseless topic grin grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2008

1. GOD IS SATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

2. GOD IS DISATISFIED WITH HIS WORKS

3. GOD DWELLS IN CHOSEN TEMPLES

4. GOD DWELLS NOT IN TEMPLES

5. GOD DWELLS IN THE LIGHT

6. GOD DWELLS IN DARKNESS

7. GOD IS SEEN AND HEARD

8. GOD IS INVISIBLE AND CANNOT BE HEARD

Interesting. These are the actions of a living God!!

This all means that God exists and is Lord and Master of a universe that confounds the computations of scientific athiests who cannot disprove His existence with their lowly computations.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2008
do u realize this thread isn't to argue about the existence of a God but to anaylze the mindset of the Christian God. can u Christians learn to debate without being so emotion and sensitive. pls explain why the Christian God has a hard time sticking to one opinion??

Trees were created before man was created.

Genesis 1:11-12 (King James Version)King James Version (KJV)

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Trees were created after man was created

Genesis 1:11-12 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit

Genesis 2:17 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam Lived for 930 years.

Genesis 5:5 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

God does Change his mind.

1 Samuel 15:35 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Exodus 32:14 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

God doesn't change his mind

Numbers 23:19-20 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.

can the bible scholars please analyze this. ignore the trolls people
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2008
bawomolo:

do u realize this thread isn't to argue about the existence of a God but to anaylze the mindset of the Christian God. can u Christians learn to debate without being so emotion and sensitive. please explain why the Christian God has a hard time sticking to one opinion??

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

King James Version (KJV)

And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

King James Version (KJV)

And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

King James Version (KJV)

And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

King James Version (KJV)

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.

There is nothing to analyze.
God is dynamic and does precisely what He wants to do. Stop trying to impose your static views on Him. He does not impose His views on you.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by skyone(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Bawomolo,jagunlabi, and others

You may think at this point of your life that you are highly intellectual, gifted, a very good researcher etc, but do have it in mind that you have just rained sets of plagues upon yourself and fruits.

Disrespecting the word of GOD is not a popularity, you don't need it all, if you want to be known or heard on Nairaland construct meaningful topics on politics, education etc and post it,and not being a hypocrite. Also if you think you are not watched by the KING of KINGS you are deceiving yourself. When destruction starts to welcome you please refer to your post and stupidity.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
oh the beautiful, the typical Christian tactic of raining fire and brimstone on their critics. there are more contradictions to come grin
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 4:10am On Feb 15, 2008
MAN WAS CREATED AFTER THE OTHER ANIMALS

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and the cattle after their kind…And God said, Let us make man… So God created man in his own image. (Gen. 1;25, 26,27.)

MAN WAS CREATED BEFORE THE OTHER ANIMALS

And the Lord God said it is not good that man should be alone; I will make a help-meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them. (gen. 2:18, 19.)

CHILDREN ARE PUNISHED FOR THE SIN OF THEIR FATHER

I am a jealous God, visting the iniquities of the fathers upon the children. (Ex. 20:5.)

CHILDREN ARE NOT PUNISHED FOR THE SINS OF THEIR PARENTS

The son shall not bear the iniquities of the father. (Ezek. 18:20.)
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by Bmcc(m): 11:01am On Feb 15, 2008
bawomolo:

GOD DWELLS IN THE LIGHT

GOD DWELLS IN DARKNESS

GOD IS SEEN AND HEARD

bawomolo: be very careful of the anger of GOD. take time to read this it might help you.
Here are some men and women who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):

Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple,

Today we are more famous than Him" (1966).

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):

During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from

his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President,

then he died .

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said:

"God, that's for you."

He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic

After the construction of the Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the

Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic .

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.

He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.

After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:

"I don't need your Jesus".

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment .

Bon Scott (Singer)

The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:

"Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell".

On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit .

Campinas (IN 2005)

In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend,

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand,

who was already seated in the car:

"My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You, "

She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here, It's Already Full "

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact.

To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none were broken .

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)

Said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.

In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle .

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus.

Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive .
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2008

bawomolo: be very careful of the anger of GOD. take time to read this it might help you.
Here are some men and women who mocked God :

your threats don't sway me, notice how all those atheists died due to logical reasons and not some supernatural sango strike??

ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED

All scripture is given by inspiration of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)

SOME SCRIPTURE IS NOT INSPIRED

But I speak this by permission and not by commandment. (1 Cor. 7:6.)

But to the rest speak I, not the lord. (1 Cor. 7:12.)

THERE IS BUT ONE GOD

The Lord our God is one lord (Deut. 6:4)

THERE IS A PLURALITY OF GODS

And God said; Let us make man in our image. (Gen. 1:26)

And the Lord God said, Behold the man is become as one of us.(Gen. 3:22.)
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by skyone(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2008
Bawomolo

In all manners i believe you have insulted my GOD, JEHOVAH AND THE HOLY ONE OF ISREA[/b]L to extent that is unbearable, if you do not repent sincerely from sin within the next [b]7 DAYS, this is what will happen to you

(1) You will suffer helplessly and not be seen
(2) Your days on earth will be cut short
(3) Your fruits will be cursed.

Unless JESUS does not remain THE KING OF KINGS and THE LORD OF LORDS then you are free from the above. Carry on, even your leader satan will not dear test the anger of the ALMIGHTY, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM,ISAAC AND JACOB.

A word is enough for the wise and couple of warning is enough for the foolish ones.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by skyone(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
@BMCC

May God continue to enrich you with more knowledge, understanding and wisdom Amen. Nice thread. wink
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by skyone(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
jesus is lord
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
Bawomolo

In all manners i believe you have insulted my GOD, JEHOVAH AND THE HOLY ONE OF ISREAL to extent that is unbearable, if you do not repent sincerely from sin within the next 7 DAYS, this is what will happen to you

(1) You will suffer helplessly and not be seen
(2) Your days on earth will be cut short
(3) Your fruits will be cursed.

Unless JESUS does not remain THE KING OF KINGS and THE LORD OF LORDS then you are free from the above. Carry on, even your leader satan will not dear test the anger of the ALMIGHTY, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM,ISAAC AND JACOB.

A word is enough for the wise and couple of warning is enough for the foolish ones.

ye pari pa, egba mi o. i send that curse back to sender. it's not that serious. and u guys were criticizing the great ones for issuing fatwah's. i would continue my thread weather u like it or not

1 Like

Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by bawomolo(m): 8:38pm On Feb 15, 2008
comeon, were are my bible scholars
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
skyone take it easy . . . Christ would have prayed for Bawomolo instead . . . it is not His will that ANY shld perish . . .
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ayinba1(f): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2008
Abosi,
When a person curses pointing one finger, the remaining four are toward him.

Bawomolo,

No single hair (atom) on your body will be harmed except with the leave of GOD. Fear not. The respondents so far are small fries. You did not create those verses, they are from the bible.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2008
ayinba1:

Bawomolo,

No single hair (atom) on your body will be harmed except with the leave of GOD. Fear not. The respondents so far are small fries. You did not create those verses, they are from the bible.

hypocrisy at its best:

1. You have again gone ahead and made an indirect quote from the bible you claim is a contradiction.

2. Fear not? Wow . . . from the same person who a few weeks ago was threatening me with violence for quoting contradictions from the quran?

3. Fear not? From the same religion who scared Seun into banning m-uslim discussion on this forum with his life?

The devil indeed has turned himself into an angel of light.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ayinba1(f): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
@4him
ode as in mumu. No sense at all in your head. I was refering to you when I said abosi
You read the Quran so much so well you never saw what I quoted. Pele o.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by ayinba1(f): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2008
Anyways, I will not let you change the topic. I will ignore you for a while. So knock yourself out.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
bawomolo:

do u realize this thread isn't to argue about the existence of a God but to anaylze the mindset of the Christian God. can u Christians learn to debate without being so emotion and sensitive. please explain why the Christian God has a hard time sticking to one opinion??

do i sense a change of tactics from you and therationa. Having failed miserably to convince us that God does not exist the emphasis has now mischievously shifted to analyzing the "mindset of God" eh?

bawomolo:

King James Version (KJV)

I read this 3 times . . . where is the contradiction here? Perhaps you need to revise it.

bawomolo:

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

lol you shld have asked for the meaning of "death" in that verse 27. There are 2 types of death . . . physical and spiritual death. The spiritual death (separation from God) was what was being adduced there not that he would physically fall down and die.
Notice that after eating the fruit, Adam and Eve were banished from the garden of Eden and thus lost the daily walk with God they had hitherto enjoyed.

bawomolo:

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

you're lost here sir. God gave each and everyone of us the power to make our own life choices. God could not force Saul not to sin, God could not force the children of Isreal to follow him. Following Christ is a personal decision that you have to take.

bawomolo:

King James Version (KJV)

There is a difference sir. When God makes a decree or commandment it will always come to pass.
However, as I said earlier and i repeat . . . when it comes to man and his ability to make his own choices God cannot pass a decree that thou must serve Him on sunday or tuesday . . . or thou must believe in Him.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 10:00pm On Feb 15, 2008
bawomolo:

MAN WAS CREATED AFTER THE OTHER ANIMALS

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and the cattle after their kind…And God said, Let us make man… So God created man in his own image. (Gen. 1;25, 26,27.)

MAN WAS CREATED BEFORE THE OTHER ANIMALS

And the Lord God said it is not good that man should be alone; I will make a help-meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air, and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them. (gen. 2:18, 19.)

What is the contradiction here? That the author of Genesis mentioned the same thing 2ce?

bawomolo:

CHILDREN ARE PUNISHED FOR THE SIN OF THEIR FATHER

I am a jealous God, visting the iniquities of the fathers upon the children. (Ex. 20:5.)

CHILDREN ARE NOT PUNISHED FOR THE SINS OF THEIR PARENTS

The son shall not bear the iniquities of the father. (Ezek. 18:20.)

Pls dont just start reading from verse 20 because you are looking for "contradictions". God clearly indicates in the earlier portions of this chapter that indeed there used to be a law that children were punished for the sins of their fathers.

Ez 18:1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have [occasion] any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Very easy to understand . . . God was simply saying this in anticipation of the new covenant that was to come with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that there would come a time when no longer would children have to pay for the sins of their fathers but EVERY SOUL would have to account for his own deeds.

the only thing "contradictory" here is what YOU want to see.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

What is the contradiction here? That the author of Genesis mentioned the same thing 2ce?

Please don't just start reading from verse 20 because you are looking for "contradictions". God clearly indicates in the earlier portions of this chapter that indeed there used to be a law that children were punished for the sins of their fathers.

Ez 18:1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have [occasion] any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Very easy to understand . . . God was simply saying this in anticipation of the new covenant that was to come with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that there would come a time when no longer would children have to pay for the sins of their fathers but EVERY SOUL would have to account for his own deeds.

the only thing "contradictory" here is what YOU want to see.

This is breathtaking inanity. If there really was a time when children paid for the sins of their fathers, this makes you god all the more MONSTROUS. In fact, in the 10 commandments, it say something like "visiting the iniquities of the father on the children on the fourth generation".

This is simple monstrous. Why do you labour to defend/support such a monster?
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

This is breathtaking inanity. If there really was a time when children paid for the sins of their fathers, this makes you god all the more MONSTROUS. In fact, in the 10 commandments, it say something like "visiting the iniquities of the father on the children on the fourth generation".

This is simple monstrous. Why do you labour to defend/support such a monster?

Again more reason for me to believe you really have not bothered to read that which u are quick to castigate. The above in highlights is NOT a part of the 10 commandments . . . maybe the one you manufactured urself.

Lets use a simple analogy . . . when the US went in to remove Saddam Hussein, many Iraqis were killed NOT because they were Saddam or because they supported Saddam in power but for the simple unfortunate fact that they were Iraqis!

Another analogy . . . Iran is suffering under the burden of international sanctions because of its leaders . . . isnt that monstrous? Is it the fault of the 5yr old Iranian boy who also has to partake in such sanctions?

Thanks to Abacha, Nigeria was in 1995 labelled a pariah nation and its citizens barred from travelling to western nations . . . was Abacha our fault? Isnt that monstrous?

In the old testament . . . such was the case too. A man was held accountable for his family. When Achan sinned in taking the spoil of Ai, his family perished with him.

With the new testament God decided to change it . . . now it is "whosoever believeth on Him shld not perish but have everlasting life" . . .

If that is inanity then leave me alone to bear the consequences of supporting such a "monster".
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

Again more reason for me to believe you really have not bothered to read that which u are quick to castigate. The above in highlights is NOT a part of the 10 commandments . . . maybe the one you manufactured yourself.

Lets use a simple analogy . . . when the US went in to remove Saddam Hussein, many Iraqis were killed NOT because they were Saddam or because they supported Saddam in power but for the simple unfortunate fact that they were Iraqis!

Another analogy . . . Iran is suffering under the burden of international sanctions because of its leaders . . . isnt that monstrous? Is it the fault of the 5yr old Iranian boy who also has to partake in such sanctions?

Thanks to Abacha, Nigeria was in 1995 labelled a pariah nation and its citizens barred from travelling to western nations . . . was Abacha our fault? Isnt that monstrous?

In the old testament . . . such was the case too. A man was held accountable for his family. When Achan sinned in taking the spoil of Ai, his family perished with him.

With the new testament God decided to change it . . . now it is "whosoever believeth on Him shld not perish but have everlasting life" . . .

If that is inanity then leave me alone to bear the consequences of supporting such a "monster".

I wrote my last piece from memory but my drift was well on target. Now I have looked it up and I quote from my bible;

Exodus 20: 5: You must not worship or serve any idol because I am the Lord thy God, am a jealous God. If you hate me, I will punish your children, and even you grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

How did I get it wrong? In my previous post I was quoting from the Old English version I learnt as a child.

BTW, the examples you gave are just bizarre. Nowhere in civil society are people deliberately punished for the crimes/offense of their parents. And I meant DELIBERATE. Everyone suffers in wars, innocent and the culpable, not least the children. But that does not make it a deliberate act to inflict cruelty on the non-combatants. In fact there are specific Geneva conventions that serve to limit and prohibit such acts.

But the bible is replete with instances where women, children and animals are ordered to be killed by GOD for the acts of their fighting parents. What kind of GOD is this?

Would you not expect compassion from such a GOD?. And you call yourself a Christian. If you are a Christian, I would hate to be friends with such a person with such twisted morals.

What a MONSTROUS god you defend.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

BTW, the examples you gave are just bizarre. Nowhere in civil society are people deliberately punished for the crimes/offense of their parents. And I meant DELIBERATE. Everyone suffers in wars, innocent and the culpable, not least the children. But that does not make it a deliberate act to inflict cruelty on the non-combatants. In fact there are specific Geneva conventions that serve to limit and prohibit such acts.

But the bible is replete with instances where women, children and animals are ordered to be killed by GOD for the acts of their fighting parents. What kind of GOD is this?

Would you not expect compassion from such a GOD?. And you call yourself a Christian. If you are a Christian, I would hate to be friends with such a person with such twisted morals.

What a MONSTROUS god you defend.

you are desperately confused. When the God was talking about visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children he was talking to them AS A NATION not as individuals. He wasnt saying Mr. Lekan if you steal $5 i will cane your two daughters NO!
There are instances in the bible (i gave the example of Achan, also Korah in the wilderness) where whole familes have perished because of the actions of the head of the family but these are few and far between.

Moses struck the rock instead of speak to it, his two sons did not pay for that sin neither did their grandchildren. David took Beersheba and killed her husband YET solomon became king of Isreal. There are tons of other examples like that.

However when the leaders of Isreal caused them to sin, they and all the land of isreal paid for it either by being defeated in war (read the prayer of Gideon) or by going in to captivity (babylon). Daniel was full of the spirit, a wonderful man of God and YET he was in captivity for the sins of his ancestors.

That was why i gave the examples i did where whole nations can bear the brunt of the actions of their leaders. Of course it is bizare to u because it makes a mockery of your attempt to see that as a "contradiction" in the bible.

I can't say i blame you confused souls.

Therationa, it is not compulsory to be a christian. I am surprised that you are married to one with the level of hate that you keep inside.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
4Him:

you are desperately confused. When the God was talking about visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children he was talking to them AS A NATION not as individuals. He wasnt saying Mr. Lekan if you steal $5 i will cane your two daughters NO!
There are instances in the bible (i gave the example of Achan, also Korah in the wilderness) where whole familes have perished because of the actions of the head of the family but these are few and far between.

Moses struck the rock instead of speak to it, his two sons did not pay for that sin neither did their grandchildren. David took Beersheba and killed her husband YET solomon became king of Isreal. There are tons of other examples like that.

However when the leaders of Isreal caused them to sin, they and all the land of isreal paid for it either by being defeated in war (read the prayer of Gideon) or by going in to captivity (babylon). Daniel was full of the spirit, a wonderful man of God and YET he was in captivity for the sins of his ancestors.

That was why i gave the examples i did where whole nations can bear the brunt of the actions of their leaders. Of course it is bizare to u because it makes a mockery of your attempt to see that as a "contradiction" in the bible.

I can't say i blame you confused souls.

Therationa, it is not compulsory to be a christian. I am surprised that you are married to one with the level of hate that you keep inside.

So are the 10 commandments individual commandments OR are they communal (national) commandments?

If the Nation as a whole did not adopt other Gods, was it OK for individuals to adopt their own personal gods, since you suggest that that law was given as a National commandment?
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2008
therationa:

So are the 10 commandments individual commandments OR are they communal (national) commandments?

If the Nation as a whole did not adopt other Gods, was it OK for individuals to adopt their own personal gods, since you suggest that that law was given as a National commandment?

Exodus 20: 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

This was the preamble to the 10 commandments . . . now answer your own dishonest question . . . did he bring them out of Egypt as individuals or as a nation?
Once you answer that question u'll have the answer to urs.

have a good day.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by therationa(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2008
Goodness, what a waste, what a waste.
Re: The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. by 4Him(m): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2008
same old reaction when they get stumped on their own foolishness.

Now run along and open yet another thread pretending to be seeking answers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Not Blaspheming / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.