Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps (4271 Views)

Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Governor Okowa's Daughter Addressing Her Elders / Alleged Oil Sector Fraud: ‘ Why FG Is Not Charging Diezani, Others Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Idokojimmy: 7:24am On Dec 10, 2012
A member of the House of Representatives, Abiodun Akinlade, has allayed the fears expressed by Nigerians living abroad on the current security situation in the country.

Akinlade, representing Yewa South-Ipokia Federal Constituency, said the security situation in Nigeria was exaggerated and had not degenerated to the level it was painted overseas.

The lawmaker, stated this on Saturday during his conferment with an honorary doctorate degree by the Universite Des Sciences Appliquees Et Management in Porto-Novo, Republic of Benin.

No fewer than 242 students, many of whom are Nigerians, also graduated with Bachelor’s and Masters degrees from the institution.

According to him, the current security situation and the various challenges are just a phase that the country has to pass through in its quest to attain greatness, peace, stability and an enduring democracy.

Akinlade expressed confidence in the ability of the Federal Government to effectively tackle the various challenges facing the country.

He said, “All the countries of the world have their challenges. What we are passing through in Nigeria today is just a phase which I believe very soon we shall overcome. Go to any country of the world today—America, Italy, China, they will tell you where they are coming from. We are just in that stage now and I know the Federal Government is looking into it and very soon it shall be addressed.”

He added that the increasing number of Nigerians seeking overseas tertiary education did not suggest that people were fleeing the country due to insecurity.

He noted that the inability of the nation’s higher institutions to absorb all the eligible students had contributed to the exodus of Nigerians seeking admissions abroad.

Akinlade said, “They are not fleeing Nigeria. You know our population. Our universities are not enough to accommodate the whole student population. That’s why people continue to seek admission outside Nigeria. It’s not as if our universities are not good, we have limited universities and polytechnics that can take them.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-is-addressing-insecurity-rep/

2 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by igbsam(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2012
Na lie oooooooo........People abroad make una no come o! FG no dey address anything. Infact, Insecurity is on the rise daily. If you want to visit Nigeria, come like an ordinary person. If you too show yourself, Well, On Your Own oooooo(O.Y.O). Don't listen to what these idiots are saying. They are seeking for media's attention. I don talk my own! If you feel am lying, ask Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala about her Mother, a whole finance minister's mother has been kidnapped. Who you come be wey boiz no go kidnap na. If you get one ear, use am hear well o!

4 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by LesbianBoy(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2012
This govt talk more than they act....SMH angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by ypzilanti: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2012
Them just kidnap NOI mama, oh! No come back yet. 2nd to comment! Yay!
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by IkeleIdI: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2012
Why do they keep insulting us every day!?
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2012
Lie lie too much.

1 Like

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 10, 2012
Confused FG. Fools

1 Like

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Emusan(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2012
If i say what is on my mind now, i may be crown BAN award or post hidden mak i lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by joseph1832(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2012
I believe the house of reps member is not aware of the growing insecurity situation in the country, perhaps if they kidnap one of his relative he will become aware!

1 Like

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Yaya6: 9:47am On Dec 10, 2012
igbsam: Na lie oooooooo........People abroad make una no come o! FG no dey address anything. Infact, Insecurity is on the rise daily. If you want to visit Nigeria, come like an ordinary person. If you too show yourself, Well, On Your Own oooooo(O.Y.O). Don't listen to what these idiots are saying. They are seeking for media's attention. I don talk my own! If you feel am lying, ask Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala about her Mother, a whole finance minister's mother has been kidnapped. Who you come be wey boiz no go kidnap na. If you get one ear, use am hear well o!

What class of citizen do you belong? against all odds we should watch and be careful of what we say about this country. An adage says"Rome was not built in a day" Instead of castigating,we should rather pray to God for a better Naija[s][14]...Mind you we are still better than so many countries.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Mustymohd2: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2012
na lie ooo no mind dem na our money dem want steal

2 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by alfredo4u(m): 9:50am On Dec 10, 2012
They should secure themselves 1st. GOD of winners have covered me & my family already is shiloh 2012.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Wsdm: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
YES! As we have seen in the kidnapped mother of the minister of finance and unchallenged but coordinated bank robbery of these days.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Wsdm: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2012
Yaya6:

What class of citizen do you belong? against all odds we should watch and be careful of what we say about this country. An adage says"Rome was not built in a day" Instead of castigating,we should rather pray to God for a better Naija[s][14]...Mind you we are still better than so many countries.

Its okay. But let the leaders drop their embezzlement swords and lead us in the prayer crusades. How will you expect me not to shout when a rope is thrust on my neck.

3 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by ukpaku: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=Yaya6]

What class of citizen do you belong? against all odds we should watch and be careful of what we say about this country. An adage says"Rome was not built in a day" Instead of castigating,[b] oga are our leaders trying to build ur so called rome or they are trying to destroy the the existing layed bricks? Not untill we tell our self the truth u shouldn't expect any postive progress my brother
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by igbsam(m): 10:32am On Dec 10, 2012
Yaya6:

I am not among the suffering and smiling kind of citizen. I say things the way they are. Until we stop telling ourselves lies and face the truth, we will remain where we are. True, Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was built because the leaders made the decisions to and they worked towards it. Our leaders are not ready to build our own rome(Nigeria) rather, they are the ones destroying it. You had better not deceive yourself and tell the truth the way they are.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by dederocs(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2012
First of all,we dont need people from Benin republic coming to Nigeria,they serve us no benefits.now back to the issue,this man should shut up his mouth...is it until terrorists and killers blow up Aso rock and our senate building they will know we are in a War situation?
Mr Lawmaker better shut up your stinking mouth and do your best to cajole ur Uncle-Jonathan to arrest all the sponsors of these terrorists acts.Else soon na ur head dem go blow off.stupid criminal lawmakers.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by dederocs(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2012
Either u re a boko haram or you are simply dumb...what is secure or progressive about Nigeria,same corruption,same lies,same deciet.Better we fight these criminal selfish politicians or look like dumb fools and pay the price of a war.The more corruption these politicians perpetrate,the more crime,and frustration in our country-which leads to decrease in perception of value of life.so who is being wise or foolish.
Yaya6:

2 Likes

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Smooyis(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2012
Where d security? Ok o
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by jamace(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2012
Did I hear those crooks say that insecurity is being addressed? Maybe for themselves and their private homes, not Nigeria.

Bloody looters are rather DRESSING the nation for MORE insecurity through corruption and lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by omarky(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2012
I wonder what this country is turning to. Everybody just dey lie lie anyhow. Na BH boys dey cause dis kinda tin wey dis Rep member dey vomit nonsense, 4 say dem do blow them up, hin no go dey talk rubbish lyk dis. FG addressing insecurity indeed...
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Yungeagle(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2012
U guys should stop painting thid country black,all d countries u see over there hve there own problms.u guys should b matured 4 once
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by joseph1832(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
@yungeagle the country is already black, who do you think is painting it, Blacker the citizens or the political ruling class! Imagine this house of reps member lying blatantly saying the FG is addressing insecurity! Like they've been addressing it since it started right! Remember "the deepest pit in hell is reserve for those who keep quiet in the face of oppression".
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by jamace(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
Yungeagle: U guys should stop painting thid country black,all d countries u see over there hve there own problms.u guys should b matured 4 once
There is no need pretending about the sorry state of leadership in Nigeria. Let's not play the ostrich. The ordinary citizens are feeling the heat of bad leadership.
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by Turbocharged: 12:50am On Dec 11, 2012
igbsam: Na lie oooooooo........People abroad make una no come o! FG no dey address anything. Infact, Insecurity is on the rise daily. If you want to visit Nigeria, come like an ordinary person. If you too show yourself, Well, On Your Own oooooo(O.Y.O). Don't listen to what these idiots are saying. They are seeking for media's attention. I don talk my own! If you feel am lying, ask Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala about her Mother, a whole finance minister's mother has been kidnapped. Who you come be wey boiz no go kidnap na. If you get one ear, use am hear well o!

Who is this e-diot spitting rubbish?
If insecurity is on the rise daily, why are u still in Nigeria. Why hv u not been kidnapped or killed.
Maybe u r part of the insecurity.
Come 18th Dec. I go dey Naija live.
Nuttin mega!
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by koruji(m): 5:40am On Dec 11, 2012
Weep for thy country.
A minister's mother has just been kidnapped.
Here is a talking-head loudly proclaiming the "security situation in Nigeria was exaggerated".
I guess as long as he receives his monthly "stolen" salary everything is fine.
How is it that we manage to put all this 100s of people at the top of our political administration and very few of them know what makes a nation?

Idokojimmy: A member of the House of Representatives, Abiodun Akinlade, has allayed the fears expressed by Nigerians living abroad on the current security situation in the country.

Akinlade, representing Yewa South-Ipokia Federal Constituency, said the security situation in Nigeria was exaggerated and had not degenerated to the level it was painted overseas.

The lawmaker, stated this on Saturday during his conferment with an honorary doctorate degree by the Universite Des Sciences Appliquees Et Management in Porto-Novo, Republic of Benin.

No fewer than 242 students, many of whom are Nigerians, also graduated with Bachelor’s and Masters degrees from the institution.

According to him, the current security situation and the various challenges are just a phase that the country has to pass through in its quest to attain greatness, peace, stability and an enduring democracy.

Akinlade expressed confidence in the ability of the Federal Government to effectively tackle the various challenges facing the country.

He said, “All the countries of the world have their challenges. What we are passing through in Nigeria today is just a phase which I believe very soon we shall overcome. Go to any country of the world today—America, Italy, China, they will tell you where they are coming from. We are just in that stage now and I know the Federal Government is looking into it and very soon it shall be addressed.”

He added that the increasing number of Nigerians seeking overseas tertiary education did not suggest that people were fleeing the country due to insecurity.

He noted that the inability of the nation’s higher institutions to absorb all the eligible students had contributed to the exodus of Nigerians seeking admissions abroad.

Akinlade said, “They are not fleeing Nigeria. You know our population. Our universities are not enough to accommodate the whole student population. That’s why people continue to seek admission outside Nigeria. It’s not as if our universities are not good, we have limited universities and polytechnics that can take them.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-is-addressing-insecurity-rep/
Re: FG Is Addressing Insecurity- Reps by slimchimex(m): 11:38am On Dec 11, 2012
pls who ever wants to com back is free to do dat.but pls no go talk say na me tell u to com back if anytin happens to u@.@

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Barcanista? / HAPPENING NOW!!! Biafra Agitation: Mass Exodus Of Northerners From Onitsha,asaba / How Long Will It Take Nigeria To Fix This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.