Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1285013 members, 1791512 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 December 2014 at 09:13 PM

Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. (1616 Views)

Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells / Golf 5 ..manual, Diesel Engine. Goes For 800.. / Help, My Brake Is Having Problem (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by Dungren(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Honda Accord 1992 engine goes off when the brake is applied while driving. 3 different mechanics have checked and cleaned the injector + nozzles but still goes off anytime I apply the brake to slow down the car. Kindly help urgently.
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by alphaconde(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
How come they (mechanics )don't know what to do. I had a similar problem with my audi a6 it was simple the auto electrician simply adjusted the acclerator and it worked. However as minor as that problem seem I experienced it was very dangerous. So get help as soon as you can
Alpha conde
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by Dungren(m): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thank you Alpha,adjustment on the accelerator was the first thing that was done without solving the problem. That was when they decided to clean the injector nozzles and the injector head. The resolution now is that it is an electrical fault and not mechanical. An auto electrician is looking into it.

If anyone else has experienced this before, kindly share.
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by magnumx: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2012
fuel pump could be the reason
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by sfiea: 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Check your battery, may sound silly but from experience, wasn't giving my fuel pump enough pressure, almost bought a new fuel pump. If battery is ok, check your fuel pump.
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by tutsonf: 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
It happened on my Honda '97 model. The mechanic who did the 'miracle' simply changed my fuel pump and cleaned the airway and dats was all. Meanwhile I had had the fuel pump changed 2 times by different mechanics! Changed MAF too. I guess you might have to try a good fuel pump, and check the batteries too!
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by Krucifax(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
What you are experiencing is one of the most common car faults for car engine. In colloquial terms it is called "Break and Quench" grin. It's essentially a failure of your carburettor and or injection system. If cleaning has not worked go and buy a new one,it can be deadly if your engine cuts off on a busy motorway.
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by Dungren(m): 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
The problem has been solved by an electrical man who detected that the problem was from electrical wires underneath the steering and in the engine.
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by MacEmeka: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
I'm experiencing this in my peuguot 406 .. What can I do
Re: Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. by cne010(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2013
@mac emeka you can get help from the peugeot thread.

(0) (Reply)

Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent Auto Guru Pls Advice Me On One To Buy. Its Urgent / Range Rover Spices It Up With Evoque Victoria Beckham Edition / Corvettes And Ferrari 360

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.