Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. (23196 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks: @OP It is your wedding and you have every right to enjoy your day.
But inviting bouncers to your wedding, does not make sense because you must
have attended one or two weddings without being invited, maybe you attended with a friend.
How would you feel if you do attend a wedding with your friend, and you were bounced/or not allowed into the wedding?
Its like attending night clubs where you have bouncers, and it feels very embarrassing to experience such.

To me i think you should just pray your wedding goes smoothly and peacefully as planned, instead of
worrying yourself with uninvited guests. Guest who are uninvited are sometimes more than the invited guests,
and its all for the fun of it. So chill, and pray you have a blissful and enjoyable wedding experience, stop fretting unnecessarily.
abeg help me tell them o..all thesf akatas on nland givin draconian advise. It aint about stopping uninvited guest bt the aftermath of your wedding. I guess most peeps would take ur actions as arrogance.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
have attended one or two weddings without being invited, maybe you attended with a friend.
How would you feel if you do attend a wedding with your friend, and you were bounced/or not allowed into the wedding?
Its like attending night clubs where you have bouncers, and it feels very embarrassing to experience such.

To me i think you should just pray your wedding goes smoothly and peacefully as planned, instead of
worrying yourself with uninvited guests. Guest who are uninvited are sometimes more than the invited guests,
and its all for the fun of it. So chill, and pray you have a blissful and enjoyable wedding experience, stop fretting unnecessarily.

Not at all
It is no fun to see your guests standing around without seats or attend an invited event and cannot find a seat because gate crashes are occupying it
I have been in weddings that ran out of food and drinks including water
It is the most embarrassing moment for celebrants and the reason is uninvited longer throat guests

After she has contacted her guests and let them know the event is strictly by invitation anyone that shows up uninvited have themselves to blame for their embarrassment
The bouncers at the door will go by a list made in alphabetical order of all the guests invited so that those who are without their IV but on the list are not embarrassed
The fellow will know from then on not to go to parties uninvited
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2012

i have never in my life attended an event i have not been invited to. i attended my cousins wedding few years ago. the noise and commotion caused by uninvited guest was not a nice sight. there were ushers but people were trooping the kitchen to look for food. i dont know about you but i felt like vomiting after the whole thing. i was the maid of honour but did not witness the couple cut cake cos i kept being pulled out to mobilise food her guest who had not eaten. i know it our culture but its not right.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

Not at all
It is no fun to see your guests standing around without seats or attend an invited event and cannot ind a seat
After she has contacted your guests and let them know the event is strictly by invitation anyone that shows up uninvited have themselves to blame for their embarrassment
The bouncers at the door will go by a list made in alphabetical order of all the guests invited so that those who are without their IV but on the list are not embarrassed
The fellow will know from then on not to go to parties uninvited

Are you sure you are Nigerian? Please be realistic.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by modicum: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
Na by force

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

Are you sure you are Nigerian? Please be realistic.

Are you saying that being Nigerian gives us permission to be foolish and chaotic and not respect simple rules?
Why are we then asking our government to do right and not dismiss it as being Nigerian?
I don't get your question.
Are we born to be disorderly in other words is it in our genetic make up to act foolishly or is it a learned response?

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by olasmail78yaho(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
OYA ya ya jooh.Oga u neva ansa O.U fit dey for hall but area boyzz need 500 chairs for street.Dat day dem go block road chop inside yr account.Na who force u go marry? O boy u go declare o.Unless na inside bush u go marry dey blow grammer.
4dis nijah, Na lie. Ama wole si e lara ni O
I sure say i see u 4 people party well well.
Change dat to 600 seats,we dey come in force,yr bank manager go dey chase u tire.
4 dis nijah ke.
na only you like better tin?
Wait small
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

Are you saying that being Nigerian gives us permission to be foolish and chaotic and not respect simple rules?
Why are we then asking our government to do right and not dismiss it as being Nigerian?
I don't get your question.
Are we born to be disorderly in other words is it in our genetic make up to act foolishly or is it a learned response?

just my sentiments. we all want change yet refuse to change.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by BANGASOUP1: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
modicum: Na by force

i tire ooooooo
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by miqos02(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
@op. sebi u will invite two(tunde and wunmi obe) to entertain guests with the mogbo moya song
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by sheyma: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
People self fit no wan cm ur wedding as u dey plan am undecided
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Impulse80(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
op you must be a very stingy person, after eating other peoples own you no wan make person eat ur own, undecided undecided jesus fed the multitude, why cant u gbasapu aka? onye njo!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

I don't get your question

You are getting it all wrong.
Looking at it from a humanistic point of view, is it nice to bounce people out of your wedding? Even if these uninvited people
are peaceful? Obviously if as a celebrant you notice univited guest causing havoc/chaos, you have every right
to send them away.

I asked you if you if you were a Nigerian because naturally, the Nigerian wedding settings is always friendly
and family like. It is mostly in Abroad, where you see people attending wedding strictly by invitation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by olasmail78yaho(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mr groom i av wonderful news 4u.People like u well well.no be small,na 900 area boyzz av shown intrest.I hear sy u don invite pasuma.na true.?Omo dat day go heavy. We go show una say akata no sabi party.
u go kno say u reach africa. We go welcome u well well.
4dis nijah ke?na lie
gbo gbo isale eko go show.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by olasmail78yaho(m): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
No mind those abroad people joh.
Na shakara.
dis na nijah.We go pass de people wey u invite sef.
An no be oyibo salad we want O.
You must to kill cow dat day.
No be 4dis nijah
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by clemmonce(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
val_dubem: when U were carrying ur longer throat up and down peoples wedding and parties, did anybody bounce you? now you want to Chase people away from your own. What is good for Obi should equally be good for Musa.
guy i lov this comment like mad. bad people everywhere. and you wil be surprised say na dem go weddin pass.uninvited thiefs
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

i have never in my life attended an event i have not been invited to. i attended my cousins wedding few years ago. the noise and commotion caused by uninvited guest was not a nice sight. there were ushers but people were trooping the kitchen to look for food. i dont know about you but i felt like vomiting after the whole thing. i was the maid of honour but did not witness the couple cut cake cos i kept being pulled out to mobilise food her guest who had not eaten. i know it our culture but its not right.

Sometimes occurrences such as this are inevitable, but if issues like this arises, then it is left for
the celebrant to take total control of the situation. Am saying this, because there's no way you
can avoid uninvited guest from attending a wedding. Some of these guests are hungry kids, you i cannot
send them away just because i want my wedding to be as peaceful as possible. No!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

You are getting it all wrong.
Looking at it from a humanistic point of view, is it nice to bounce people out of your wedding? Even if these uninvited people
are peaceful? Obviously if as a celebrant you notice univited guest causing havoc/chaos, you have every right
to send them away.

I asked you if you if you were a Nigerian because naturally, the Nigerian wedding settings is always friendly
and family like. It is mostly in Abroad, where you see people attending wedding strictly by invitation.

Are you assuming every event venue must have enough seats and space for everyone that wants to attend and the food and drinks plus souvenirs are limitless too?
I am a Nigeria born and raised
We can begin to do things differently by re learning our learned behaviors
If the lady doesn't want gate crashers,she doesn't want gate crashers why should we question her decision to keep them away?
Her close friends and family are already on her list,the others should stay home,she doesn't want them there
How hard is that?
You are free to have an open wedding,she is also free to have hers the way she wants.

In this day and age of insecurities,she can decide not to have people she doesn't know or didn't invite at her event,it is her prerogative

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Rocktation(f): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
olasmail78@yaho:
Mr groom i av wonderful news 4u.People like u well well.no be small,na 900 area boyzz av shown intrest.I hear sy u don invite pasuma.na true.?Omo dat day go heavy. We go show una say akata no sabi party.
u go kno say u reach africa. We go welcome u well well.
4dis nijah ke?na lie
gbo gbo isale eko go show.

grin
You want this OP to have a heart attack abi? Wicked boi.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Rocktation(f): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2012
olasmail78@yaho:
No mind those abroad people joh.
Na shakara.
dis na nijah.We go pass de people wey u invite sef.
An no be oyibo salad we want O.
You must to kill cow dat day.
No be 4dis nijah

Hehe. Please share the addy with us, as well. I doubt that the OP even knows it yet. cheesy
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

Are you assuming every event venue must have enough seats and space for everyone that wants to attend and the food is limitless too?
I am a Nigeria born and raised
We can begin to do things differently by re learning our learned behaviors
If the lady doesn't want gate crashers,she doesn't want gate crashers why should we question her decision to keep them away?

It is not in my place to question people about their decisions, but what am saying is, it is not just
nice to bounce people out of your wedding, because your wedding would be more enjoyable if both invited and
uninvited guest feel welcomed. Whether sits are available or not is not the issue here. If you should attend
wedding abroad, people sits on grass/fields if there's no enough sit. It is mostly in Nigeria where people
fight for sits as if their lives depends on it. Forgetting that they won't be there for long.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

Sometimes occurrences such as this are inevitable, but if issues like this arises, then it is left for
the celebrant to take total control of the situation. Am saying this, because there's no way you
can avoid uninvited guest from attending a wedding. Some of these guests are hungry kids, you i cannot
send them away just because i want my wedding to be as peaceful as possible. No!

i get where you are coming from Goldieluks but like babyosisi said i only have souv to cater for 300 people. and food for same and maybe more. i want to make sure that all my guest leave with a souv regardless of whether they give me a present or not. i don't see why its rocket science. "i don't know you please dont come". i don't want to offend anybody but i have people coming from various places and i just want to make sure it was worth their while.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

It is not in my place to question people about their decisions, but what am saying is, it is not just
nice to bounce people out of your wedding, because your wedding would be more enjoyable if both invited and
uninvited guest feel welcomed. Whether sits are available or not is not the issue here. If you should attend
wedding abroad, people sits on grass/fields if there's no enough sit. It is mostly in Nigeria where people
fight for sits as if their lives depends on it. Forgetting that they won't be there for long.

I doubt this happens at wedding but let me believe you for sake of argument
What if she doesn't want her invited guests sitting in the fields all dressed up?
What if she doesn't want her invited guests fighting for seats
Is there anything wrong in being organized and seating on assigned seats?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

i get where you are coming from Goldieluks but like babyosisi said i only have souv to cater for 300 people. and food for same and maybe more. i want to make sure that all my guest leave with a souv regardless of whether they give me a present or not. i don't see why its rocket science. "i don't know you please dont come". i don't want to offend anybody but i have people coming from various places and i just want to make sure it was worth their while.

Yeah, one can do that, but be sure to do your wedding in a secure environment.
Because there's no way one or two strange faces will not attend, if the wedding is done
in an open area. If the wedding is done in the church ,I wonder how many of your uninvited church members you would
bounce out from attending your reception. Phew!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
zinfly:

Thank you!
I don't know why people are not getting it
People order a certain number of drinks,food and souvenirs
The seats and tables are also a certain number
Your dance floor can only take so many
You want the event to run smoothly and your guests to have a good old time
I would rather have my invited guests have 3 pieces of chicken on their plate than one because I want to cater to uninvited guests

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by elnino3(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2012
op what i think u should do is this get a large hall make an arrangement for your 300 well printed n placed this should be close to d podium then at the back...u can put plastic chairs or bench for d uninvited. but let Dem be demarcated and have your bouncers. what u will achieve is that they will attend sit faraway with their noise and eat what yu give them. then u treat ur guests royally. this will make the uninvited never crash another wedding cos no one wants to be singled out. and on the other hand you shouldn't expect to be invited to another man's own soon.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

Because there's no way one or two strange faces will not attend, if the wedding is done
in an open area. If the wedding is done in the church ,I wonder how many of your uninvited church members you would

lol, i rented a hall for the wedding too. My uncle is a pastor and his church approved him wedding us. We will have two other pastors witnesses from the church who are invited to the reception.
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by crisycent: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Tell us the truth so we can advice you better. Why don't you want uninvited guests at your wedding? Is it because you are scared of your ex?
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

I doubt this happens at wedding but let me believe you for sake of argument
What if she doesn't want her invited guests sitting in the fields all dressed up?
What if she doesn't want her invited guests fighting for seats
Is there anything wrong in being organized and seating on assigned seats?

There is nothing wrong in being organised at your wedding. If i may
ask, how many ''organised'' wedding have you attended there in Nigeria?
Am not saying it is wrong to be organised. I don't want to go into details, but my dear
most brides/bride grooms are always running helter skelter on their wedding day, no matter how organised
they may have predicted their wedding to be. It happens everywhere. You just have to have a plan B, if the
inevitable happens, all working towards the sucessfulness of one's wedding.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Goldieluks:

No offense but you sound like a perpetual gate crasher of events from the way you have made all manner of excuses why this is a bad idea
Stop it because one day someone may embarrass you
Take this as a friendly advise

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by zinfly: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
[quote author=babyosisi]

No offense but you sound like a perpetual gate crasher of events from the way you have made all manner of excuses why this is a bad idea
Take this as a friendly advise
[/quote

babyosisi and goldie lets all agree to disagree. In as much as i agree with your views babyosisi, Goldie also has a realistic point of view. I am grateful to both of you for your candid advise and you will be the first to know how it went
Re: How Do I Keep Uninvited Wedding Guest Away From My Wedding. by Goldieluks: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
babyosisi:

No of fence but you sound like a perpetual gate crasher of events
Take tihs as a friendly advise

Lool@ Your flying thoughts. Not to sound judgmental, but you sound like a very self centered
and stingy individual. No offence intended. For your info, I hardly attend weddings, but i have attended
few weddings with my friends, and i have never come across bouncers in weddings.

You have every right to be organised in your wedding, but be sure to do it in a secured environment.
Is that too difficult to grasp?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido, Tiwa Savage To Perform In Africa’s Largest E-concert / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? / With Love, From Makydebbie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.