Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? (4494 Views)

Read How His First Carry Over In UNILAG Propelled Him To Greatness / Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem. / How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by micki83(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
Failing a course,and thereby having a "carry-over" is one of the most harrowing experiences one can hav in the university (especially if it's a first time).
The first time I had a carry-over,I felt so devastated.I kinda knew I wuldnt do well in d course cos it was a practical exam and I didn't finish b4 the alloted time was up,but I didn't expect an "F",and wen d result came out,I was like: "what? Not even an "E"?",lol.I later re-wrote it and passed very very well sha;(ask anybody!)
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by kokosheen(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
My first, second and third carry-overs were my fault.. Too much club things, too much voltron arrangement, believing everyone in our Voltron-crew was like me, wicked lecturer (re-arranged the exam hall at the last minute grin).

When I saw my results with F-s, I just buckled up in subsequent semesters and got good grades (graduated with 2.1). I knew it was my fault and was just disappointed in myself. It even gave me the opportunity of dropping stragglers from the crew.
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by dollyptosh(m): 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mehn it was terrible...engrg graphics i got 31pcnt
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by nikkyshyne(f): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Never had a carry over. Don't even know what that means.

1 Like

Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
dollyptosh: Mehn it was terrible...engrg graphics i got 31pcnt
u did elect/elect engr ryt
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by micki83(m): 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
kokosheen: My first, second and third carry-overs were my fault.. Too much club things, too much voltron arrangement, believing everyone in our Voltron-crew was like me, wicked lecturer (re-arranged the exam hall at the last minute grin).

When I saw my results with F-s, I just buckled up in subsequent semesters and got good grades (graduated with 2.1). I knew it was my fault and was just disappointed in myself. It even gave me the opportunity of dropping stragglers from the crew.
Lol@ "voltron arrangement". Thers always strength in numbers...until d lecturer seizes ur blazing sword.Muahahahaha!
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by micki83(m): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
dollyptosh: Mehn it was terrible...engrg graphics i got 31pcnt
Na dat kain one dey pain pass:only 9 marks remaining to get u to d promised land! I once had 38% in a chemistry course.just 2 marks to save me from carry over.it was so painful cos I had to re-write d course with ppl wey even get 12%!
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by kokosheen(m): 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
micki83:
Lol@ "voltron arrangement". Thers always strength in numbers...until d lecturer seizes ur blazing sword.Muahahahaha!

grin
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by micki83(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
nikkyshyne: Never had a carry over. Don't even know what that means.
Are u sure?oya bring ur transcripts let's see!
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
Uhm...i wanna find out something about this carry-over.... when you retake the course, does your new grade improve your GPA?
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by micki83(m): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
Victoriousvic: Uhm...i wanna find out something about this carry-over.... when you retake the course, does your new grade improve your GPA?
Well,I'm not so sure about d authenticity of this (or whether it's d same system for all schools),but I think ur eventual grade for d course ur had to re-take wuld be an average of ur previous and present grade.thus,if u had,say,30 in a course,then make 70 after retaking it,ur official grade wuld be d average of 30 and 70,which wuld be "50%".
Re: How Did You React To Your First "Carry-over" In School? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
Ok.. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of "See Finish" / Water Scarcity In Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda / I Need 2 Know Whn Will Mapoly Post Jamg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.