Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (23716 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by AlhajiPastor: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
U BETTER STOP ALL THESE BEFORE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE GOD OF OYEDEPO GIVE U A DIRTY SLAP. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THIS IS A HONOURED BISHOP OF THE GOSPEL? PLS DO NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS MAN OF GOD AND THE MESIAH OF OUR TIME. TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED SON...SAYS THE BIBLE.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
jt2010:

If this your statement "I'm aware Oyedele has oil rig which he received as gift" is correct, then i guess the pastor need to spent some time in EFCC's cell.
If there was EFCC in NAZARETH during Jesus' time, sure HE would hav bin taken down there or most certainly suggested by some 1 to have HIM arraigned ! It's comon to be called names wen the HAND of the Almighty GOD is upon ur life !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by omar22(m): 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
He said he didnt use Tithes!!! That settles it

Did he say he didnt use church Offering?

Look he could ask his church members that he wants to build a uni, that each member should contribute xxxx amount!!! I could remember during "Daddy GO's" recent birthday he sent his message around that he doesnt want any gift apart from financial gifts for a certain project! and thats what he got!!!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:
[/b]

You could as well go and find out how king Solomon made his money !
God bless us
King solomon was a king, and recieved royalties as a king, decrees to use any land animal or even human at any point in time. by the way the popular temple he built, was big, yes. but that is due to the enormous human work force he put in to it. the silvers and ornament is like asking how oba Oniru got so many lands to his Possesion. A King my brother, chairs over everything on earth except GOD. "as at then" It might intrest you to know that DONALD TRUMP was investigated the year he made his most million of dollars. He was able to proove how he got loan to buy of some properties that came to pay up to 120pcent of capital.

A failed system is what makes a ritualist with no traces of buisness deals to come out and say he is rich in NIGERIA. One day when Police stops you in your car, and follows you home to know your source of income, you will ask yourself, why not Oyedepo or King Solomon, why me?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
pictures: Are his followers complaining? Na wa for busy bodies . The man
has done more than the federal government . If he really built that
university within 7 months and Nigerian government cannot build our roads and provide
stable light with trillions at their disposal.This man ought to be given an award.
Personally it's not my business where he got his money from , don't muzzle the
Ox that tread the vine . Abi is that not in your bible ? Deuteronomy 25vs4
Comments like this one, has always made me to believe that Nigerians don't know the meaning of democracy. That truthfully, democratic system doesn't suit the mentality of most Nigerians screwed up with years of mental abuse by the military Junta of many years.

Democracy is not all about casting vote to choose the rulers of your country, its all about its ethics, attitude to issues and more importantly, openness of the society among all established facet of that society.
Religious organisations should operates as registered charities in all civil and democratic environments, hence their incomes are not subjected to taxation, their overseers are tax exempted to a certain level of income they receive within and outsise the confines of the church.
With that an overseer/board of directors of that organisation (religion) should subject all gift to that person or group as the property of that organisation, they are not allow to involve in private business ventures linked to organisation directly or indirectly, hence their tax exempt status will cease.
Just as its unlawful for a politician to convert any donation made towards his election campaign into personal income, the same for any head of church to convert gift, donation to him by any person because of his/her position into personal keep.

It is so crass hearing the so called educated Nigerians saying that whatever financial a public figure involved with is the persons personal issue. Please!! its not!! As long as democracy is concern.
Every public figure whether in government, NGOs, Charities are required by law and obligated to be totally open with all their businesses and personal conduct THAT COMES WITH THEIR POSITION or which their position granted them the possibilities.

That is why Jesus himself paid taxes, when as a rabbi, he fully aware that he is exempted by both Jewish/Roman laws, in order that, in no uncertain terms, his conduct among men should be questioned, hence his famous quote, of giving Caesar his dues and God his.

I find it astonishing, the mentality of most Nigerians in this day and age. Nigeria inland revenue should be knocking on this guys door now, once he uttered the word that a whole university he build wasn't funded by the charity organisation he runs. He should be paying millions now in taxes or and disclosing the source of his funded. And why such an information is not know to all his charity member (church members)? Why they did not have a vote to authorize the university building as will be required by law in democracy?
Doing a good deed doesn't legitimatizes every action we took. Because a drug baron gives scholarships and feeds the poor doesn't make his source of wealth okay and legitimate.
Babangida's in-law once claimed that if a govt set a price target for oil in its annual budget at $10 and later oil price rose to $15, the leaders of that govt has right to share the windfall of $5 among themselves, that its no corruption, stealing or anything wrong with it. And I was in a daze hearing such an idea uttered by such a man but what most Nigerians are saying over this issue made me rethink twice now about that statement meant, because it shows that its a very common sentiment among many Nigerians, so why should charities a.k.a churches be any different?

In the U.K as we speak,because of Nigeria and their African funky preachers, a new law that require them to produce their income book every six months now to HMRC is in place and all charities shall HENCEFORTH be ran but a set board of directors or a governing body, made up of individuals that not related and shall operate a bank account of which all board of director members shall be signatory to.

I wonder if such law will happen in Nigeria, when the churches and their corrupt politicians were in it together. This not my speculation but a prediction, that soon, the south American/Mexican drug cartels will be using Nigerian billionaire men of gods to launder their blood billions in structural investments, all in the name of doing it for their god of materialism. Mark my word!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
obo_man: What the OP has simply done is to analyse the facts, by examining other ways the University projects could have been funded, without tithe....

Defenders of Bishop Oyedepo, I was expecting, should be factual like the OP, rather than whipping up sentiments....

When I was attending Winners' Chapel at the time, and there was a donation called CU donation offering that members pay, to fund Covenant University.

Yes, Bishop Oyedepo might be right by saying it wasn't tithe money, but there were donations that were collected from church members by the church, to fund the University.

You don't have to be very smart to persuade church members to make donations... Just offer them good health, successes etc in exchange for their donations. lol

If life's problems are that simple, developed countries wont be investing trillions into cancer research, don't you think? They will just order their citizens to pay tithes....lol...

We get fooled in Nigeria because we won't use our brains and because of bad governance.

If you try to use ur brain against God and HIS work,you will look like a fool before God !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
blaise26.abj:
How does all these make me closer to God? I am free to choose my path in Life and seek the Holy Spirit to guide me. If a man of God can help me in that quest then so be it. If Bishop Oyedepo is a fraud, the Lord knows his own. If u are a member of his church and u want to donate, it is ur money,free will and belief. If you don't like/believe his ministry, let him be and focus on ur own spirituality/belief. Every single man is on his own after death.

Thank You sir/ma !
God bless us

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Lucasbalo(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Like we say in chitown, the guy is a hustler.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
abitex577:

I was worship in Living Faith Church, Ota in the year 2002 after my youth service waiting for employment opportunities and remember vividly the church raising money to build Convenant University. The Special seed to be paid to the church was according to parish members ability and envelops where given on which was written "CUP" meaning Convenant University Project. Every month parish members gave for this project.

This is kind of proof that we need here, not some one come up and say he was touched and blessed by GOD. God is not a magician. Since it is the church that contributed ( according to abitex). Then the thread has been answered and justified.
CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

If there was EFCC in NAZARETH during Jesus' time, sure HE would hav bin taken down there or most certainly suggested by some 1 to have HIM arraigned ! It's comon to be called names wen the HAND of the Almighty GOD is upon ur life !
God bless us
Those who read the bible upside down. Jesus paid taxes to the occupying Roman govt in Israel, when he is not required by law to pay.
Apostles like Paul left his law profession to concentrate on his ministry, but on part time basis makes tent to support himself and not relying on the congregation members. He did not receive or cajole to receive the latest chariot or Sea freight as gift from rich members of the congregation, especially in such prosperous cities like Ephesus.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by stuhporh: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
sweetkevisco: U christians dont hve respect for ur religion,but u expect us muslims to respect it. No muslim will ever dare to insult an Imam,not to talk of about publicly insult on an internet forum.But u christians insult and talk ruthlessly about ur religious leaders,U christians are worst than infidels.even an idol worshipper have respect for their native priests.U all are free to convert to Islam,the true way of Allah,but if u dare insult an Imam.u will be slaughtered like ram. ALLAHU AHKBAR
My dear freind, dont be an hypo**** or maybe its what you are. the way it is in christianity, its same in all religion, but those who seek the light and knows the truth, and in it loves his neighbour hurts, when his neighbour follows a blind man. the case is not to criticize a man of GOD, instead, it is too make ourselves aware of either the obvious, or obvious concealed behind religious belief.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by abouqi(f): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
kemoolala:

Infact i tire for all dis jobless pple on nairaland about Oyedepo, why not go and establish ur own church if u think the man of God is not called really and lets see where u end ur own! useless set of pple! they do not even have any other thing to discuss again on nairaland, today bishop oyedepo tomorrow pastor Adeboye, why all these criticisms against these men of God?

Na today? It's been long that these set of 'BOYS' that always discuss Oyedepo today, Adeboye tomorrow are jobless who found solace in writing rubbish about men of God. One thing about them is that 'NONE' of them has the audacity to come out and talk rubbish about these men of God; he/she will never survive it!
Whether Oyedepo used Tithes, offerings,.........whatever to build CU is none of your business! If your parents ever have the resources to send you to this University, you will 'BOW'!
You know most of their problems: BADBELLE! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

If you try to use ur brain against God and HIS work,you will look like a fool before God !
God bless us
You are now the spoke person for God? Evil men always rap themselves around God.
Lord! I gave bags of rice in your name
Lord! I received private jet as gift in your name
Lord! I build Universities in your name
Lord! I paid my lecturers millions annually in your name
Lord! I buy the latest cars for my sidekicks known as branch pastors in your name
Lord! I wine and dined for the Pharaoh of my time in your name.
Lord! I slept with a members childless wife in your name.
Lord! Now that the sister is pregnant, it shows that you Lord well blessed that intimacy.
Lord! I received a huge gift offering in your name from the husband-he doesn't need to know
Get away from me-You workers of lawless- I don't know you-said the lord.

Hello! Gullible followers, some one has to fulfill that prophesy uttered more than 2000 years ago. Apostle Paul made it clear that God is not a dictator, but true sign of Christianity is having and independent mind guided by the scriptures and question every utterances of men before swallowing as many wolves will come under a sheep covering.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
stuhporh:
King solomon was a king, and recieved royalties as a king, decrees to use any land animal or even human at any point in time. by the way the popular temple he built, was big, yes. but that is due to the enormous human work force he put in to it. the silvers and ornament is like asking how oba Oniru got so many lands to his Possesion. A King my brother, chairs over everything on earth except GOD. "as at then" It might intrest you to know that DONALD TRUMP was investigated the year he made his most million of dollars. He was able to proove how he got loan to buy of some properties that came to pay up to 120pcent of capital.

A failed system is what makes a ritualist with no traces of buisness deals to come out and say he is rich in NIGERIA. One day when Police stops you in your car, and follows you home to know your source of income, you will ask yourself, why not Oyedepo or King Solomon, why me?

You have settled the matter my friend ! Oyedepo said he didn't use tithe money for the establishment of CU and people are vexing !
Has he come out to tell us that no body supported either by cash donation or contribution of materials for the establishment ?
Yes Solomon was a king and my bible also made me understand that as HIS child am a king !See below scriptures supporting my KINGSHIP :
ISA 61:6 And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named
ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and in their riches you will boast.
1PT 2:5 And you also, like living stones, are being built into a
spiritual house, to be a Holy Priesthood.
REV 1:6(KJV) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father.
REV 5:10(KJV) And hast made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall
reign on the earth.
ROM 5:17 Says we will reign in life through Jesus, the greek word for
"REIGN" is derived from the the word for "KING". And means to be a king

If am God's child and am a king and Oyedepo is God's child,dnt you know that he is a king as well ! If God used people on behalf of Solomon to take him to the height he attained,God can still use people today to elevate Oyedepo !Do u want to be used by God for the upliftment of oyedepo ? If yes,make urself available ! If no,pls stay clear and allow us(ME) to be used by God to lift HIS servant Up !
When the investigation time comes,God will vindicate HIS own and if HE doesn't,HE won't seize to be God !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by erico2k2(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
I dont have any qualms wether he built it with church money or not.what we should realy question is what was the reason for the building of the uni.is ot for profit or to help people .Now how and howmany people has he hwlped.should the wisdom and knowledge of God be used as a means to accumulate wealth?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by fankasibe: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Màgà don pay, shout Halleluya!!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by lovejo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
when I first read Bishop Oyedepo's assertion on this Convenant University project I know the statement was not complete due to the following reason.
1. If they did not collect the offering and special contributions does not mean that the church has not contributed to the building of Convenant University, congregations has been giving offering many years back , which is certainly part of the funds for this project.

2. Convenant University belongs to Winners Chapel, Winners Chapel are major stakeholder due to their investment in the University either directly or indirectly , all members of winners chapel are stakeholder in Convenant University and that is the sole reason the University is listed under non-for-profit organisation.

3. The bible says our God is not author of confusion, so Bishop should make a clear statement on public interest like this to clear the air and not to allow many people guessing who the fund the university project, church or other investors, such as bank.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by lovejo(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You have settled the matter my friend ! Oyedepo said he didn't use tithe money for the establishment of CU and people are vexing !
Has he come out to tell us that no body supported either by cash donation or contribution of materials for the establishment ?
Yes Solomon was a king and my bible also made me understand that as HIS child am a king !See below scriptures supporting my KINGSHIP :
ISA 61:6 And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named
ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and in their riches you will boast.
1PT 2:5 And you also, like living stones, are being built into a
spiritual house, to be a Holy Priesthood.
REV 1:6(KJV) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father.
REV 5:10(KJV) And hast made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall
reign on the earth.
ROM 5:17 Says we will reign in life through Jesus, the greek word for
"REIGN" is derived from the the word for "KING". And means to be a king

If am God's child and am a king and Oyedepo is God's child,dnt you know that he is a king as well ! If God used people on behalf of Solomon to take him to the height he attained,God can still use people today to elevate Oyedepo !Do u want to be used by God for the upliftment of oyedepo ? If yes,make urself available ! If no,pls stay clear and allow us(ME) to be used by God to lift HIS servant Up !
When the investigation time comes,God will vindicate HIS own and if HE doesn't,HE won't seize to be God !
God bless us
You should equate King Solomon to world rulers like Presidents, Kings etc not Oyedepo. He is not a king. He claimed to be a man annoited by God, just like Samuel, Jeremiah, Elijah and those apostles after Jesus like Peter, James and John. Those are the one you should be equating with Oyedepo with their life and style of life. Gullibility is a disease and it rest on the brain.
If really know your bible as t you seem to suggest, King Solomon, is hardly an exemplary character to be following, when it come to being loyal to his creator-an idol worshiper and fornicator whose actions ended up causing Israel to be divided. Some of you need serious help, but it might be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by rusher14: 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
abouqi:

Na today? It's been long that these set of 'BOYS' that always discuss Oyedepo today, Adeboye tomorrow are jobless who found solace in writing rubbish about men of God. One thing about them is that 'NONE' of them has the audacity to come out and talk rubbish about these men of God; he/she will never survive it!
Whether Oyedepo used Tithes, offerings,.........whatever to build CU is none of your business! If your parents ever have the resources to send you to this University, you will 'BOW'!
You know most of their problems: BADBELLE! grin grin grin grin
Apart from the fact that the fella would be manhandled by thugs, what else?
You people think God is as silly as your minds are, smh.
Do you think God is really that vengeful and that these self-proclaimed MOG's have Him on speed-dial?
We are getting to 2013 and I am astounded by how people reason. People have been to the moon and back and here we are in a regimented denomination in which the leader can not be questioned (beggars belief).
When you talk about the university, one would think but for CU nigerians never went to universities home and abroad.
It is well with this nation, but e go hard first.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Gim2001ym(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
Your politicians are there stealing government money by the day, you are here criticizing the man of God for doing goods. Has it ever come to your mind how many secondary schools and primary schools belong to Living Faith. What the government can not do is what a missionary is doing and some are here shouting the man of God down. It is easy to praise politicians that are doing nothing yet stealing your money(Jigawa state governor son was caught with dollars) than people that are doing good.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT TO CONTRIBUTE YOU BETTER KEEP SHOT BEFORE YOU SOW AN EVIL SEED THAT YOU WILL REAP IN THE FUTURE.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Leadn(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
nature28: odeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yu should have said that's yur You-Ru-Ba name id!ot,,, bleep yu and Oyedepo!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ben Global: If e pain una make una go open una own church,if ur gods is poor my GOD is nt....free d guy jor
We know the name of your god, he is called Satan. He owns the world and everything it riches, that it why he offered it to Jesus if he agrees to worship him. You don't offer to give what doesn't belongs to you to somebody else. can you?. And your Jesus himself called Satan the god of this system of things who will blind the mind of many gullible like you.
If you assessment of God's approval of you is purely based on your material possession, you don't even know the real meaning of Christianity, because there are many gods out there and people like you a mixing them up.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Gim2001ym: Your politicians are there stealing government money by the day, you are here criticizing the man of God for doing goods. Has it ever come to your mind how many secondary schools and primary schools belong to Living Faith. What the government can not do is what a missionary is doing and some are here shouting the man of God down. It is easy to praise politicians that are doing nothing yet stealing your money(Jigawa state governor son was caught with dollars) than people that are doing good.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT TO CONTRIBUTE YOU BETTER KEEP SHOT BEFORE YOU SOW AN EVIL SEED THAT YOU WILL REAP IN THE FUTURE.
Doing good is not a justification for a shepherd to be conning food from the mouth of the sheep he suppose to be pasturing, it worse than the politicians. Lawrence Anini and Monday Osunbor did not buy fancy car from the proceeds of the actions, but spread them among the poor in open markets, that doesn't mean that they are not robbers and deserve what they got in the end.
What will be your action if you a passing through an open field and saw a cattle rearing megida taking food from the cattle? Would you think the megida is normal? But some of you don't know that, it exactly what this funky preacher are doing with those they claimed to be shepherding.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You could as well go and find out how king Solomon made his money !
God bless us
Its not a secret, how Solomon made his money, he was a head of state, every citizen paid their taxes to him. He received gift worth billions in todays money from worldly rulers like Queen of Sheba, and finally, his father David was a stinking rich man, so he had an inheritance.
Bloody hell!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by nep2ra(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Religion is an escape mechanism that helps the weak run from reality. My fellow Nigerians, please let's be honest for once in our lives. This honesty will help save future generations. We are very religious in Nigeria and most of Black Africa because of the massive failure of our past and present government to address the challenges of our country. If our government lived up to it's responsibilities as obtained in most developed countries, trust me, Nigerians will not be religious.
Most Nigerians worship God not because they love Him or because they want to attain spiritual enlightenment. They claim to worship God because of material comforts. Nigerian Christians treat God like a vending machine. Slot in #100 and receive it's equivalent in mayeri

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2012

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
Gim2001ym: Your politicians are there stealing government money by the day, you are here criticizing the man of God for doing goods. Has it ever come to your mind how many secondary schools and primary schools belong to Living Faith. What the government can not do is what a missionary is doing and some are here shouting the man of God down. It is easy to praise politicians that are doing nothing yet stealing your money(Jigawa state governor son was caught with dollars) than people that are doing good.
Are you trying to justify the pilfering of church funds, diversion of tithes and looting of offerings by Men of God and pastors?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
omar22: He said he didnt use Tithes!!! That settles it
Did he say he didnt use church Offering?
It doesnt settle anything ... He could be lying .... He is not any different from the average human being and therefore he can sin over and over again....
And when i mean sin, its not just lying here ... but stealing and fraudulently obtaining or obtaining by deception!
I am pretty much certain David Oyedepo dipped into church funds, tithes and offerings to amass some of his personal wealth and assets!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
U BETTER STOP ALL THESE BEFORE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE GOD OF OYEDEPO GIVE U A DIRTY SLAP. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THIS IS A HONOURED BISHOP OF THE GOSPEL? PLS DO NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS MAN OF GOD AND THE MESIAH OF OUR TIME. TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED SON...SAYS THE BIBLE.
Shut the fu/ck up, you bloody troglodyte!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Eziachi:
Those who read the bible upside down. Jesus paid taxes to the occupying Roman govt in Israel, when he is not required by law to pay.
Apostles like Paul left his law profession to concentrate on his ministry, but on part time basis makes tent to support himself and not relying on the congregation members. He did not receive or cajole to receive the latest chariot or Sea freight as gift from rich members of the congregation, especially in such prosperous cities like Ephesus.
The bible is the most complete book ever available to man ! You see everything in it ! As you study with the help of the holy spirit,your eyes keeps opening !
See below comments to the Corinthians as made by Apostle paul :
''If we have sown spiritual seed among you,is it wrong if we reap a material harvest from you ?-1 Corinthians 9:11
In the same way God has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel-1 Corinthians 9:14

See below instruction to the Galatians:
''Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor-Galatian 6:6''
See below instruction to the Philippians by Apostle Paul:
''Not that i am looking for a gift but i am looking for what may be credited in your account-Phillipians'' 4:17
Friend,i did not show you all these for you to see that it is good we should be exploited by men of GOD -NO but that it is not wrong at all if we give to men of GOD !If they choose to xploit us,let God be the judge !
We have been told by the WORD of God that all authorities that be are instituted by God and that we should submit to these authorities- Romans 13:1[b]''Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities,for there is no authority except that which God has established.The authorities that exist have been established by God''Will christ ask us to submit and HE will not submit HIMSELF ?NO-That was why he paid HIS tax too. (Cesars or imperial tax)So give back to ceasar what is ceaser's and God what is GOD'S. [/b] The only time the word of God does not want or permit us to submit to authorities is wen the authority go negative i.e contradicting the word of God !See the case of the 3 Hebrew children;Shedrack, Meshack and Abadnego.They refuse to bow down to the Babylonian god and the Almighty God stood by them inspite their disobedience!
Who told you that Jesus was never required to pay his tax ?
The Imperial or ceasar's tax was a tax imposed on subjects that are not Roman citizens. Christ also did pay that tax without any complain or objection whatsoever and the people(accusers) were marveled !
I think you are referring to the tabernacle tax !
The tabernacle tax which was made a law by moses that all who worship at the synagogue must pay for the upkeep of the synagogue. See below what christ said and did concerning the tabernacle tax which is very different from the government tax(Cesar's tax):
MATHEW 17:24-27
Pls go through the above scriptures and the Holy spirit will help you see what you need to see !
Gifts were given to Apostle paul but he told them that his receiving those gifts isn't becos he want's to but just becos he want's them to have something in their heavenly account.
Men of God who are truly called can't take advantage of us ! But if they do,let God be the judge
God bless us

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Eziachi: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
nep2ra: Religion is an escape mechanism that helps the weak run from reality. My fellow Nigerians, please let's be honest for once in our lives. This honesty will help save future generations. We are very religious in Nigeria and most of Black Africa because of the massive failure of our past and present government to address the challenges of our country. If our government lived up to it's responsibilities as obtained in most developed countries, trust me, Nigerians will not be religious.
Most Nigerians worship God not because they love Him or because they want to attain spiritual enlightenment. They claim to worship God because of material comforts. Nigerian Christians treat God like a vending machine. Slot in #100 and receive it's equivalent in mayeri
That is exactly the truth- Nigerians are like most Jews during Jesus time, they are only interested in miracles, especially the ones that will immediately and directly benefits them but once the subject becomes about the future (kingdom of God to come on earth), they are not interested and will disperse.
Nigerians and their pastors thinks that this God is stupid.
If the likes of Oyedepo is to stop telling politicians that the out come of their election rigging has nothing to do with God's approval-
That your ten containers in the open sea has nothing to do with God's approval or blessing-
That God gives us children whether you love him or not, just like he give both good/bad people air to breath and sunlight.
That when you are sick, go to hospital and get an adequate medical treatment and pray that the treatment work and if it doesn't, it part of what we are as imperfect human in an imperfect world-
They will all run away, because their love of God is purely based on selfish and instant gratification and their very skillful pastors knew this fact and they are feeding on it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation / My Experience With Fasting / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.