Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (23715 Views)

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by AdexOmoby(f): 9:12am On Dec 13, 2012
Taking panadol for another man's headache?
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2012
naughtybig: ...there are milions of us who will gladly defend him with our lives, so back off!
You are thoroughly brainwashed troglodyte ....Gullible fool!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 9:17am On Dec 13, 2012
emusmith:

Are you drunk
No he is not drunk ... It is the bloody truth!
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by ogaju007(m): 9:27am On Dec 13, 2012
Please leave Oledepo ooo afterall if you need babe to relax just go to one of these so called churches and before you know it you will have a chik straight up. Mumu people they've lost the whole purpose of christianity.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2012
lolaxavier: I don't really understand why we Nigerians have refused to open our eyes to see the truth. I don't care what anyone says but the honest truth is that these so-called pastors are milking unfortunate congregation. It is so amazing how some people will put their lives at stake to support issues that are clearly visible from the surface. You did not build that school with offering and tithe, so where did you get the money from? People pledged and donated to build that monument, true indeed. And the so-called jets too...He claims to make his own money, right, attributing all to God's blessings. Yes, fine, God blesses people but I don't want to believe God can be that selfish to let just one man gulp all that when millions are out there suffering. Let's call a spade a spade. His supporters will ask who gave the right to judge but believe, this has nothing with judgement, it has to do with calling a spade a spade. What a shame...
When God blessed solomon,people said all these things you are saying.They never believed that God will just single out one man and bless him while others are suffering !
Do you know why you can't phantom why it's this way ? You have refused to study ur bible if you are a christian anyway ! If you study,you will know why God can single out one person and start to shower lot's of blessings on him. But who said Oyedepo is the only one blessed by God in the world,Nigeria or even Lagos ?
But see below why God can bless only one man leaving others out even if they are christians :
'' Solomon offered a sacrifice of fellowship offerings to the Lord: twenty-two thousand cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep and goats. So the king and all the Israelites dedicated the temple of the Lord.[/b]1 king 8:63
The LORD appeared to Solomon one night in a dream and told him, [b]"Ask me for whatever you want and I'll give it to you."
I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”2nd Chronicles 1:12

My friend,follow God and you will be established !
Ecclesiastes 5:19 Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift of God.
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007: Please leave Oledepo ooo afterall if you need babe to relax just go to one of these so called churches and before you know it you will have a chik straight up. Mumu people they've lost the whole purpose of christianity.
You claim you know the purpose of Christianity but still from ur comment above,you dnt sound like a christian.
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2012
Table Leg :

You are thoroughly brainwashed troglodyte ....Gullible fool!
A christian and see how you call people names ! God will help u and help me also !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: No. I'm not defending him and I'm not against him either. smiley
You have spoken well brother ! God will bless u
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2012
emusmith:
Dummies... so, d fact dat smbody says smthg and its final, does dat make him God That makes a trustworthy person... a man of integrity. Integrity cannot be proven but be discerned.
If the bible says we are gods then we are gods irrespective of what pple thinks !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2012
bros856: I am dissapointed in OYEDEPO. How can he say that Covenant University is not apart of the church. Everybody in Nigeria knows that it's church money, if he is not guilt he should just tell us the source. SO SHAMEFUL. Business man comb Pastor.
Are you a member of his church that is the church of God ? If yes how much did you contribute towards the establishment of CU?If no,PLS LEAVE HIM ALONE AND HIS SCHOOL. If you can afford it,send ur ward or children there but if not,continue to pray for the success of the school
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007:

Hmmn strange.... I wonder who gave OLEDEPO the right to judge an innocent girl, call her a witch and then slap her. Hmmmmm...
The girl said she is a witch and his [b]father in the lord [/b]asked him not to repeat that and if she continues,she will go to hell ! Spare the rod and spoil the child !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You have spoken well brother ! God will bless u
God bless us
I'm a sister grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2012
luluosas:
You should rather ask Bishop Oyedepo to proclaim his sources for the funding of Covenant University publicly, instead of his speaking to appear the 'ONLY' Saint. Thank you.
God gave him the funds !
God can use any one even un believers ! Just make urself available.
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2012
Precious15: Na wa o! c how the church has gone from being ridiculed for its poverty to being criticised for its wealth! God is really good! gone are the days wen people use to say "as poor as a church rat". now any rat found in the church is definitely a rich one! make una continue dey talk, me i prefer the wealthy church cos the bible says in isaiah 60 vs 2... "For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee".

if nothing is happening in his life, people wud've questioned his God, now God is blessing him, people are busy calling him names. make una talk well well o, cos una never see anything.
The glory days of the church of Jesus Christ are here, so more are coming! I believe it, and that settles it!
Thanks for supporting what is true about God's word and HIS work !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

If the bible says we are gods then we are gods irrespective of what pple thinks !
God bless us
gods not God. We are like him but He's the only one who's words should be taken as they are.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The girl said she is a witch and his [b]father in the lord [/b]asked him not to repeat that and if she continues,she will go to hell ! Spare the rod and spoil the child !
God bless us
The girl said she was a witch for Jesus. According to you, not sparing the rod means slapping the child right assuming she was a real witch
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2012
bros856: @Precious15,@emperor, Please don't misunderstand this threads. Nobody says he shouldn't be blessed with everything but what he does with it matter as a xtian. how many lives have been bless with all that members have given to him. Remember we are followers of Christ, everything Christ got from the people he was always giving it back to those in need. Two bread and Five Fishes. He didn't take them home, He is busy accomulating wealth that are not neccessary. It is more blessed to give than to receive. He should work like Missionaries who brought this Gospel that we are doing anyhow now as if we know more than them. Ask your father about Missionary schools and Hospitals above all things. Their own is advance 419. that suppass the understanding of people like you. GOD IS NOT MAN SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY!!! CHILDREN OF GOD ARE LIVING WITH THE FEAR OF PASTORS NOT THE FEAR OF GOD!!
What he does with what God has blessed him with does not matter to us but to God ! Wen Solomon left God for other gods,he paid dearly for it .God can make u pay for ur sins and misdeeds ! The members did not make him rich but God did ! For the fact that i dnt talk against pastors does not mean that i fear them.Those who tal AGAINST them lack the fear of God ! You think u are wise wen u come out to abuse pple and men of God. You want us to be clapping for u right ! Apostle paul decided not to get married like peter and other apostles that does not mean that other apostles weren't called by God or will not make heaven. Other missionaries had the vision of bringing cheap and affordable schools to africa to further propagate the word of God that does not mean that other men of God who has brought expensive and [b]high quality ranked [/b]schools will no longer go to heaven- NO. They have different vision but one goal. They are all doing God's work. They are affecting the lives of God's people any how you look at it. I understand if the schools were to be very cheap so that all can attend whether it is of standard or not. And i also understand that the schools are expensive and of good standard in all ramification hence the influx of students ! The pple there are not Ghost and the parents are happily paying the fees for their wards and children becos of of the best they are getting !
Who knows,another university might come up that will be an all comers affairs with the vision captioned ''low or no fees to accomodate all'' But i doubt it's quality expecially in this expensive world of today !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: The girl said she was a witch for Jesus. According to you, not sparing the rod means slapping the child right assuming she was a real witch
What am saying is that Oyedepo sees her as his child becos most of the members call him 'papa'meaning he is their 'spiritual father' The bible says that who God loves he chastises! If my biological child contradict's the laid down home principle,i will definitely use the rod on my child ! There is a place for one on one talk as well. Dnt get me wrong !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: gods not God. We are like him but He's the only one who's words should be taken as they are.
Sister ! It's interesting chatting with you ! Trying not to say i am the Almighty God !
Thanks mate !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:17am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: I'm a sister grin
noted !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
Is Oyedepo Christ? Smh!'
How do you know that God hasn't shown His grace to him? How do you know this is not his calling?
It can't be anyway, he doesn't have enough people behind him to convince you that God is with him. No paraphernalia of sainthood. No cassock or collar, no microphone, no private jet (yes?) and definitely no blind person you've never met before who knows yellow from blue.
He couldn't possibly be.
Oyedepo can't be christ !
Jesus had just 12 dedicated followers ! They even scattered after Jesus'death ! But see what is going on today ! Jesus died for u still u persecute HIM ! wE DNT NEED THE WHOLE WORLD TO CONFIRM GOD'S PRESENCE IN OUR LIVES ! God created the heavens and the earth ! HE CREATED EVERYTHING U CAN IMAGINE BUT HOW MANY PPLE FOLLOW GOD TODAY ? He created the atheists,pagans, Muslims, Hindu,budhists and the rest but how many of us sincerely follow him today ? We dnt need the crowd to confirm his presence. ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:34am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: gods not God. We are like him but He's the only one who's words should be taken as they are.
You are right sister as per below :
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

What am saying is that Oyedepo sees her as his child becos most of the members call him 'papa'meaning he is their 'spiritual father' The bible says that who God loves he chastises! If my biological child contradict's the laid down home principle,i will definitely use the rod on my child ! There is a place for one on one talk as well. Dnt get me wrong !
God bless us
you know what really happened then na. He called for witches to come out and the little girl did. He asked her to confess and she said she was a witch for Jesus. My point is, was slapping her supposed to cure her of her witch craft or was it because she joined Jesus and witch craft together
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Sister ! It's interesting chatting with you ! Trying not to say i am the Almighty God !
Thanks mate !
God bless us
grin Amen! grin
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You are right sister as per below :
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
God bless us
smileycheesy grin
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2012
Eziachi:
God has already blessed you, for being alive messings about with his name and words, stop waiting when you will equal Dangotes of this world to know he has blessed you.
Workers of lawlessness.
May the almighty God help us see the things we need to see in the bible !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2012
lomprico:

Atiku has loyalists, likewise ibb, obj,if abacha was alive he too will have loyalist. And I belive their loyalty is born of "your eternal" impacts which are also monetary and wordly material things.
Jesus too had and still have loyalists ! I am one !
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: you know what really happened then na. He called for witches to come out and the little girl did. He asked her to confess and she said she was a witch for Jesus. My point is, was slapping her supposed to cure her of her witch craft or was it because she joined Jesus and witch craft together
I am not siding Oyedepo.I am not a member of his church. But i watched the video when he asked the girl not to repeat that statement bin a witch for Jesus ! Afterall he did not call out witches for Jesus but Witches ! A witch is a witch whether for Jesus or satan !He then asked her to repent becos that is d only thing that can cure her of her 'witchcraft'! The slap na wen ur daddy dey tell u not to go and do a particular negative thing but u insist on doing that negative thing ! Ur daddy na ur daddy ! hehehehehehe !
Oyedepo is not God ! he can make mistakes. In fact if u dnt make mistakes,it means dat u are the Almighty God ! No man is the Almighty God
God bless us
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I am not siding Oyedepo.I am not a member of his church. But i watched the video when he asked the girl not to repeat that statement bin a witch for Jesus ! Afterall he did not call out witches for Jesus but Witches ! A witch is a witch whether for Jesus or satan !He then asked her to repent becos that is d only thing that can cure her of her 'witchcraft'! The slap na wen ur daddy dey tell u not to go and do a particular negative thing but u insist on doing that negative thing ! Ur daddy na ur daddy ! hehehehehehe !
Oyedepo is not God ! he can make mistakes. In fact if u dnt make mistakes,it means dat u are the Almighty God ! No man is the Almighty God
God bless us
the slap was as a result of his quick rising temper. I don't agree it was sas a result to discipline the girl.
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by TableLeg(m): 11:57am On Dec 13, 2012
OLE-Depo had the ordercity to rain brutal slaps on a poor girl? Justice is inevitable on the day of judgement!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by jenti: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
My worry is WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS RESPONSE FROM THE REVERED BISHOP?
Was he trying to prove a point that he does not need the tithes and pledges to do all he had done or was he worried by his conscience?
Can anybody help me with an answer
Re: Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts by mko2005: 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
Vanneni: the slap was as a result of his quick rising temper. I don't agree it was sas a result to discipline the girl.
Since i was not there and have not asked him to know what he will say concerning that,i dnt think i should stand my grounds rgarding what i feel was the reason for the slap. AFTER ALL NO BE ME SLAP !
God bless us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation / My Experience With Fasting / Guru Maharaj Ji Is Alive, Not Dead, Says Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.