Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,440 members, 7,801,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Free To Air Channels On Hitv - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Channels On Hitv (13455 Views)

Frequencies And Positions Of Free To Air Channels In Nigeria / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free To Air Channels On Hitv by essoo(m): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2008
HEY ALL,
Does anyone know how to scan for free to air channels using the ner HiTV decoder
I saw some free channels (like FR24 and FTv, ) on a friends system,
, I've tried searching, still no way.
Somebody help!
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by rjhatl(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2008
Not sure what the steps are for the decoder- do you have any specifics (like the manufacturer of the box)? I'm not in Nigeria anymore, and I've never seen a HiTV box, but I'd be happy to help figure it out remotely :-)

HiTV uses transponders on Eutelsat W4. The channel listing for that satellite is here:
http://www.lyngsat.com/ew4.html
You won't be able to get all the channels on that satellite, though- some are encrypted, and others are spot beams (like the ones marked for Russia, etc) that don't put any signal out over Nigeria. The free channels you should be able to get in Nigeria are:

Transponder 2 (marked as owned by TrendTV- are they even still in business?)
-France 24 English
-Nollywood Movies
-Fashion TV Europe
-F-Men
-EWTN Africa & India
-Luxe TV UK

GTV and Multichoice also use that satellite, but their signals are all encrypted.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by packa(m): 4:21am On Mar 19, 2008
Hello rjhat,

come to think of it is there any way to by pass this encrypted sat? Why i asked is because at the location i'm presently, they use to be a free to air station suddenly some boddies came in and encrpted the signals. dey went digital expecting us to pay for it. You know it's funny the people take advantage of things dey didn't sole for Just because dey have money money. Pls if u know any means by which one can de- encrypte this signal pls send me an email ejimon902001@yahoo.com. be expecting ur respones.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by mjay(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2008
hey guys, i just discovered that trend has added other channels to its list. These include, MGM movies, PFC sports) NBA (europe) and BABY TV these are in addition to what they have before now. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by derfla(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2008
Right now I think am just tired of the 16 boring channels on the Hitv stuff, isnt there anything one can do to get more channels on this new receiver.

Secondly, someone told me we can use a Dstv Smartcard on the receiver and it will work quite well, how true

pls respond.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Saddam: 2:30am On Apr 11, 2008
I know u can use a spliter on the cable that connects to your dstv decoder and link to your Hitv decoder, which means only one Dish and LNB is connectin u
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Mustay(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2008
How come some people have mtv on their hitv and others don't?
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by nikekenny(m): 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2008
Saddam:

I know u can use a spliter on the cable that connects to your dstv decoder and link to your Hitv decoder, which means only one Dish and LNB is connectin u

can u explain better? i have a DSTV decoder does that mean if i get HITV smartcard it can work? or i must get hitv decoder?
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Ameboperoo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
I dont think DSTV card can work on hitv decoder
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by olabisi75(m): 2:23am On Jan 09, 2010
Ameboperoo:

I dont think DSTV card can work on hitv decoder
nikekenny:

can u explain better? i have a DSTV decoder does that mean if i get HITV smartcard it can work? or i must get hitv decoder?
Mustay:

How come some people have mtv on their hitv and others don't?

it is very easy for you to use a dstv smart card on hitv, also you can use it to watch mytv. you can never use a hitv card on a dstv system it will not work.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by twinskenny(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2010
well said olabisi!
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Ameboperoo(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2010
Right post on wrong thread.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by chris7272: 12:27pm On May 21, 2010
can somebody access fta through hitv decoder just like daarsat and mytv decoders
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Ameboperoo(m): 12:39pm On May 21, 2010
Yes. It has all the futures even blind scan.
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Sunsat(m): 6:15am On Aug 08, 2010
I rescan my 4669x that focused on Eutelsat w4 @ 36 deg east, i got 11 channels,KTN,NTV,MBOA,LCF,UGANDA AND LOTS MORE
Re: Free To Air Channels On Hitv by Ochukss(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2010
@urfriend://www.where are u? Losing d epl is understandable because we know hitv lasts good ideas but i dont understand why dstv is showing 100% champions leauge.i taught hitv has d rights for ucl.urfriend pls explain. Which futbal rights does hitv have exculsive rights 2. Dstv shows 100% ucl, 100% epl, 100% laliga, italian on "rai" which is almost 100%,so which leaugue does hitv have exculsive rights for? Tell mr subair dat reducing d price from 6k to 3.5k will not help.what am about 2 say may look supid but its d only solution 4 now: from oct 1st run ur satallite outfit like multitv. Run it 4 1 year and sell new decorders before u $cramble ur channels back. Or u may still reduce ur price 2 1500.this is d only way u can survive with d rate dstv is going.imagine dstv just got d rights 4 epl within 1 month dey brought out compact +. Although we know dat dey are a little selfish but u will enjoy d value 4 ur money i.e futbal +concert doucumentry (not d Bleep discovery world guys have)+recent movies+more dan 4 music channels. If subair does not get it right before december he should start mesuring d endless pit gtv fell into

(1) (Reply)

Consat Satellite Subscription Payment Option/ How To Recharge Your Consat / The Infinity Tv Hd Decoder Is Up For Grabs! / Daarsat Is Now 18k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.