Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim (28929 Views)

Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue / Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue State / Best Pool To Learn To Swim In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by temmysoremekun(f): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
This is strange ooooo...me sef i can't swim oooooo...kai #covering my eyes ooooo#
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Akpan107(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
This is just the beggining...
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by emmasmiles(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Woooow! Dis s wonderful............ But nt news anyway.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Iaz93: 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
temmysoremekun: This is strange ooooo...me sef i can't swim oooooo...kai #covering my eyes ooooo#
Lmao!
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by jamil2(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim and die.

Nothing is new here.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
My 9-month old can walk! cool cool cool
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Vansnickers: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nwoka: Just waiting for someone to call them "children from the marine kingdom" -____-

Who is this Man? Using my "unique" first name! Guys no dey fear again oooooo! shocked shocked
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by blunderass01: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

This is nothing new. Most babies can swim few weeks after they come out of the womb. White people and their media generally speaking like making a big deal out of nothing often times. They like to sensationalize stuff that is not worth sensationalizing.

NEXT!

Hidiot! do you have a child who can swim or when you were at there age, could you swim?
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by crackhaus: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
My fellow nairalanders, make una dey see good thing & appreciate am oo. Smoking weed & coming here to talk like say we smart is not good. Most of you keep saying babies dey swim inside belle before birth and yet most of you saying so nor sabi swim at old age. This thing make news because for inside belle, babies actually swim but that is anatomy. Once pikin don comot for belle, the instinct to swim for swimming pool or river go only help dem stay afloat not swim across full lenght pool so my people dat na why this one make news. For Nigeria, pikin wey dem born for riverine area go sabi to stay afloat & do occassional dives but for dat pikin to swim go far from one point dey extraordinary. Una don hear? Hw dem take dey talk to pesin again!!

1 Like

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by tpia1: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
So its true babies can swim?

I always heard that myth about ijaw people and their babies.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by victord1st: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
healthy babies develops natural insticnt of smimming right from the womb.watch SCIENCE OF BABIEs ON DSTV NAGEO.U'll get to know some amazing things babies can really do.but the fact remains that they unlearn some of those instinct as they mature.even in old IJAW culture they throw babies into river after birth for reasons i cant explain for now.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by odunjoy1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
My Incomprehensible God, Great is your name
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by brodaman1: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
i pray ooooo say na truth
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by salolo(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
toy? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Clearly a sign of the end times. If una like dey with Timaya dey shake una bum bum, me i don go repent. Jesus is coming soon!
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by vanstanzy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Marine spirit.... Send them to Mountain of Fire... angry

That's exactly the African mentality. grin U may be joking, but this is exactly how we would feel if the twins were Nigerians.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Freeopod(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Mammywater packages!
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by igbeke: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Nwoka: Just waiting for someone to call them "children from the marine kingdom" -____-
you just said it.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by TheKingsQueen: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
If their parents like, let them be using them for water shows until the drown in the water.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Mustymohd2: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Marine spirit.... Send them to Mountain of Fire... angry
gbaaaaaaaam8-)
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Tatawaka suru alaba eha

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
butterflyy: Wow, this is amazing, me lovey
my black butterfly, my lullaby. kiss cool
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by tintingz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
NAIRALANDAKPU: Signs of ENDTIME grin
yess always SIGNS of ENDTIME

LWKM grin
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Bolarge1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
THEY ARE THE FUTURE GOLD OLYMPIC MEDALISTS

Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by ejifranks(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

This is nothing new. Most babies can swim few weeks after they come out of the womb. White people and their media generally speaking like making a big deal out of nothing often times. They like to sensationalize stuff that is not worth sensationalizing.

NEXT!
oya no wahala if it is dat easy as u make it seem,when u born ur own throw am inside pool make we see wetin go happen.remember to invite the media people to grace d event..
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by anthoniaz(f): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
cyril83: These fishes in human pictures must have nostril

Lol
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by onnairaland(f): 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
shocked :oAnti Christ[/color][color=#006600]
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by pak: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
What ?? is this news ?

At least in Nigeria , this should not even make back page talkless of front page.

Go to Ilaje/Ese Odo and you'll realise the average 9 month old baby swims (and I ain't fibbing)

Mothers take week old babies with them inside the river when they want to bathe and within weeks (yes, you heard me right) most of these babies can at least float on water.

I don't think there is anybody in a core ilaje village, who can walk but can't swim.

Those guys build houses on water, and any baby who doesn't learn how to swim before walking might eventually drown within a short time.
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by 2sign: 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Michael phelps in d makin
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
The first 3 pictures are photoshopped why?
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
....this is lovely...
Re: The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim by amyg(f): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
@OP,how much ll u pay me if I believe ur story?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life / Mysterious People You Have Met In Life. / List 5 Quotes That Inspire You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.