Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (42283 Views)

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by tomakint: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy:

Essentially that in bold is the crux of the matter.

I will surely be doing the picstory of Abeokuta this xmas before Okija_juju descend on my town... cheesy grin

No! Start with Ilugun first yeye boy, you just want to come and expose yourself here! shocked
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
I've gone through the 1st page again. What Okija did was not take a true picture of the surrounding environments. He focused on any little place he could find fault. He deliberately posted more pictures of Orlu road which is the worst part of Owerri mainly because of the Ohakim flyover. He ignored the clean vegetation once you've crossed the abandoned bridge and went straight into Alvan and took pictures inside the school compound. Then skipped the beautiful green vegetation once you drive out and head towards control. He also refused to take the beautiful picture of Assumpta but rather went to snap the drainage.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by manny4life(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
So many emotions on this thread - you guys should take it easy. Like Okija said, most of the decent part has gone bad, please if you have recent pics, post it.

Okija, please post Nnewi, I really love to see my city. Planning on coming home next year, I'd like to see where I'm coming home to.. grin grin grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

This alone is an evidence of your bias. So that is the true looks of All Seasons hotel.

All seasons was horrible...

I was charged 24'k for a room.. It was so repulsive I couldnt even step into it... All seasons may have been the shiit in its hay days, but as at when I visted Owerri, it was crap.. I even went there on recommendation o!!

It has nothing to do with bias.. you biggest hotels are Rockview (former Modotel), Concorde and name another in the same class as these two... Atleast they had the full facilities of a good hotel.

The rest are guest houses as far as I was concerned...
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ifechez: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Why are you Owerri dudes so defensive?!! grin

All I did was bring you the current state of your city...

Yes there might have been some malice going into the city, but then again, its not like I was firing off shots of all your drainages.. I gave you your city.. In all its majesty..

Then you guys go to your state governments websites to lift propaganda photos.. Funny.. All your pictures are all covered in my shots and you say its not Owerri..

Nna, biko drex.. Except you are Rochas Okorocha, these pictures should snap you out of your trance and see what your city actually looks like to an outsider..

u claim to have grown up in ph & stil stay there but dnt see the need to share ur so acclaimed passion for dat town wit NL. Bt u go abt like a snitch around imo state borders takin pix of bushes and tree. Akpa amu
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifechez:

u claim to have grown up in ph & stil stay there but dnt see the need to share ur so acclaimed passion for dat town wit NL. Bt u go abt like a snitch around imo state borders takin pix of bushes and tree. Akpa amu
That's true oo...i've never seen comprehensive pictures of PH on Nairaland.

@Okija_juju
Pls can we see pictures of PH since you live there.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo: I've gone through the 1st page again. What Okija did was not take a true picture of the surrounding environments. He focused on any little place he could find fault. He deliberately posted more pictures of Orlu road which is the worst part of Owerri mainly because of the Ohakim flyover. He ignored the clean vegetation once you've crossed the abandoned bridge and went straight into Alvan and took pictures inside the school compound. Then skipped the beautiful green vegetation once you drive out and head towards control. He also refused to take the beautiful picture of Assumpta but rather went to snap the drainage.

I dont know the places in Owerri well o!!

I dare you to show me any green vegetation once you have crossed that abandoned bridge... Dont forget that Pinewood Hotel is after that bridge and before Alvan... Infact, post the pictures with date o!!

Nwokem, if ever there was any vegetation there, it has either died from lack of watering and maintanance or some Owerri people have cut them down and used them for firewood..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifechez:

I have thought about it.. But whenever I am in PH!! Its work, work work...

Whenever I am on the road.. Then its more like a vacation, an event or a project.. I will look into bringing you PH-city..

You wont be wowed sha.. But definitely trumps Owerri!!

And why the Apka Amu name calling?! Na me say make Owerriresemble abandoned poultry?!

Ewu Mbaise..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo: I've gone through the 1st page again. What Okija did was not take a true picture of the surrounding environments. He focused on any little place he could find fault. He deliberately posted more pictures of Orlu road which is the worst part of Owerri mainly because of the Ohakim flyover. He ignored the clean vegetation once you've crossed the abandoned bridge and went straight into Alvan and took pictures inside the school compound. Then skipped the beautiful green vegetation once you drive out and head towards control. He also refused to take the beautiful picture of Assumpta but rather went to snap the drainage.

Where is Assumpta... If it exists and I passed it, I can bet ya I have pictures of it...
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
manny4life: So many emotions on this thread - you guys should take it easy. Like Okija said, most of the decent part has gone bad, please if you have recent pics, post it.

Okija, please post Nnewi, I really love to see my city. Planning on coming home next year, I'd like to see where I'm coming home to.. grin grin grin

I was in Owerri over the weekend and I was impressed. I snapped few pictures though. Saying that there are no big hotels in Owerri should also prove a point about Okija's negative bias. I noticed new walkways on Wetheral road which hitherto had no walkways. I also noticed several roads and housing under construction at New Owerri where I lodged at Links Hotel. Concorde is under reconstruction and had few available rooms. All in all work has commenced in Imo State but it is evident that the State is lacking funds to accelerate the quick completion of projects.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ehispapa(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
DivideUs: and people de shout north this north that, i have been to sokoto, katsina, kano, kaduna and zamfara and apart from zamfara and some parts of kaduna (cos this yakowa guy is a disappointment) that i'll take on same level as your pictures, the remaining states are by far better than this owerri

no wonder with all the noise these igbos are everywhere down here even with BH
Pls. Kaduna is far better than this...Bleep! this is owerri town not some angwa in Kaduna
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ifechez: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Old enough to employ and pay you and still afford luxury vacations that you can only dream of..

Guy u are not real, u be wash wash. Its either ''i am snaping wit my ipad'' or ''i am driving in my toyota camry'' or '' i studied wateva engineerin in harvar''. To u its all abt status just like an average anambra man. U are a kid, period.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifechez:

Guy u are not real, u be wash wash. Its either ''i am snaping wit my ipad'' or ''i am driving in my toyota camry'' or '' i studied wateva engineerin in harvar''. To u its all abt status just like an average anambra man. U are a kid, period.

Who still drives a Toyota Camry (Japanese car) in 2012?!! shocked shocked

Nwokem, upgrade!! Top german cars or nothing!!

Keep hating!! Like I said, I may be a kid, but I have silly money enough to take vacations in places you can only see on magazine covers.. #Take rope or go find the nearest transformer in your area.. I hear Rochas just comissioned one on Wethral road (wherever that is).. grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ehispapa(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
The North as a whole has better roads than the south. It's mostly about roads and nothing more.
But poor road network
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by manny4life(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

I was in Owerri over the weekend and I was impressed. I snapped few pictures though. Saying that there are no big hotels in Owerri should also prove a point about Okija's negative bias. I noticed new walkways on Wetheral road which hitherto had no walkways. I also noticed several roads and housing under construction at New Owerri where I lodged at Links Hotel. Concorde is under reconstruction and had few available rooms. All in all work has commenced in Imo State but it is evident that the State is lacking funds to accelerate the quick completion of projects.

Perhaps there's a disconnect from what Okija posted to what you're saying. Okija, let's hope you were not selectively biased o...
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ifechez: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

I have thought about it.. But whenever I am in PH!! Its work, work work...

Whenever I am on the road.. Then its more like a vacation, an event or a project.. I will look into bringing you PH-city..

You wont be wowed sha.. But definitely trumps Owerri!!

And why the Apka Amu name calling?! Na me say make Owerriresemble abandoned poultry?!

Ewu Mbaise..

Definitely i am nt ewu mbaise. I represent ONICHA ADO N'IDU. Make sure u dnt cum any where close to onicha oo, make men no kil u troway. ewu ph!
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by thosedays: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
[b]Okija_juju: IMO State..***

So many Hotels in Owerri... Yet they are mostly no star hotels.. All seasons is a useless one amongst many others.. [/b]

with this comment, i know this guy has a very bad agenda against Owerri. he have the time to say this but never snaped pictures of the above mentioned Hotel. and did u noticed that he never snaped Imo Concord Hotel cos he must have passed d gate on his way back from All Seasons. Okija, one thing i want you to know is that u can never bring Otown down, its just way above what u can do.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ehispapa(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
DivideUs:

hmmm i tot service was a yr, how come you did 18 months?
dont act ignorant, they dont force you to leave after service, you might as well start your life there after service or is that not all what people pray for? get retained..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
tomakint:

No! Start with Ilugun first yeye boy, you just want to come and expose yourself here! shocked

Comot my front jooor before I alert DK, Katz and Desola to the presence of "Am Yoruba" to devour you...Yeye dey worry you tongue grin
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ifechez: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Keep hating!! Like I said, I may be a kid, but I have silly money enough to take vacations in places you can only see on magazine covers.. #Take rope or go find the nearest transformer in your area.. I hear Rochas just comissioned one on Wethral road (wherever that is).. grin

i can see u dnt learn and always kip cumin like a stubborn fly. I dnt kind u hav touched real CASH. lf i may ask, is ur monthly take home up to a million naira? And if nt u are a poor man
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ehispapa(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

I attended a funeral in Anambra state.. On my way back decided to stop in Owerri and spend the night in some wild debauchery..

When you have an Ipad and a DSLR Camera, its easy..

Mind you, this was my first time in Owerri so I was equally exicted to sight see..
okija or what? you should be ashamed of yourself, next time dont go passing info of things you know nothing of. imagine the heartache for those of use that have not been to imo before. and some idiots have started comparing it with some backward states in the north that can only boast of fed govt roads. mtchewwwwww idiotic okija
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ifechez: 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
ehispapa:
okija or what? you should be ashamed of yourself, next time dont go passing info of things you know nothing of. imagine the heartache for those of use that have not been to imo before. and some idiots have started comparing it with some backward states in the north that can only boast of fed govt roads. mtchewwwwww idiotic okija

!! Okay.. I should be ashamed of what exactly?!

I posted pictures without a comment except the part of the Hotels being everywhere with no stars..

Someone compares the sights from the pictures with the north and its my fault..

You must be from Uganda with your line of reasoning..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ehispapa(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

A jobless man stayed in the most expensive hotel in Owerri...

You need to upgrade to cocaine.. Weed is definitely notworking for you anymore..
most expensive hotel indeed..for ur mind
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by favoredc: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: IMO State.. kh
u dat posted all dis fictious picture,how did dat 419ner called Rochas paid u to do dis.stop making urself unsincere fellow by entangling with dat criminal with swt mouth
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
I actually think Okija Juju is "biased" against igbo states in general, well- If "biased" is the right word to use.

His other picture thread comparing Calabar/Uyo vs rural Anambra comes clearly to mind.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
ifechez:

i can see u dnt learn and always kip cumin like a stubborn fly. I dnt kind u hav touched real CASH. lf i may ask, is ur monthly take home up to a million naira? And if nt u are a poor man

I guess I am filthy rich then... And here i was calling people whose gross annual income was under 35 million lower middle class...

Nwokem, you go die of heart attack o!! All this na because of say I post pictures of your state capital.. If to say I slap your pikin nko?! Na kill you for kill me?!

When I posted pictures of my Place looking grossly under developed, I didnt see anybody accuse me of this type of thing o!!

Nna biko, iwe gi adina oku too much.. Anyi se cha okwu a, mu na gi ka bu Nwanne..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
favoredc: u dat posted all dis fictious picture,how did dat 419ner called Rochas paid u to do dis.stop making urself unsincere fellow by entangling with dat criminal with swt mouth

Can someone please explain to me what this guy is trying to say?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by favoredc: 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
U dat posted dis rubish,hw much did dat criminal gov paid u to do dis.u and Rochas should stop deceiving us and urself
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
favoredc: U dat posted dis rubish,hw much did dat criminal gov paid u to do dis.u and Rochas should stop deceiving us and urself

Ok I got your point now..still make absolutely no sense though..

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
nnenna.1:
I actually think Okija Juju is "biased" against igbo states in general, well- If "biased" is the right word to use.

His other picture thread comparing Calabar/Uyo vs rural Anambra comes clearly to mind.

I really don't know about him having a general Igbo bias except that he's usually critical of anything Igbo. Though i know he has a negative bias for Owerri maybe because of Rochas or something else. I'm not sure. But i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bwahaha... Nothing special. It is more like the 'George Of The Jungle' home!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Inside China's Overnight High Speed Train You Sleep While Rolling Down The Track / Edo Accidents Kill 15 People, Including 4 Girls & 2 Boys Of Same Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.