Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Thank You All.. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You All.. (35914 Views)

Should A Husband Pay His Wife A Salary Every Month. / Help A Nairalander To Pay His House Rent / Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterwins:

Alright. Don't feel that I am asking too much questions. If you go through a registration process in school before becoming a genuine student then you should take my (and that of others) observations and questions as a process for people to help you.

I am sorry and I sincerely apologize if I have offended you.
you can question me all you want sir...
Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ikanium, don't worry - just make sure you go to the bank on Monday morning and I will act fast on my end so hopefully the payment can be made to your school on Monday. If not, we will deal with the penalty fees then. I have also asked a contact at Ecobank to check the account numbers but still waiting.
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterwins:

@Somebody(f) you seem kind. But please just put on hold any payment until I verify certain things about this guy. I will try and make one or two calls. However, its your call. I just don't want anybody to be manipulative about people's kindness.

I for one will wait for your verification before I make any transfer coz I am seriously confused right now
Re: Thank You All.. by dominique(f): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2012
Nice to see more people are chipping in to help our guy here. I can imagine what pressure he must be going through going from bank to bank and updating us at the same time.
@ikanium Good thing you've opened the GTB account, they have more accessible branches than Ecobank (but terrible queues lol). I'll still try to uphold my pledge sometime in early jan even after you've completed tour registration (something small for your upkeep). 2013 is looking like its gonna be your year smiley.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by Busybody2(f): 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ikanium

Whatever you do next, stop meeting up with strangers, you already have your home address, school details, facebook pictures, etc pasted here, you need to protect yourself.

The same way some people are doubting you is the same way you need to be cautious meeting people whose motives you don't know.

The same God that raised Jesoul {i believe) who provided for Joe4christ (in the same situation as you)
in the Christian section without posting upto 10 post, will come through for you, just hold onto His words cool

4 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by Busybody2(f): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
And na wah for our people sha I wonder what Joe4christ initially said that was out of order undecided T he lad was just hurting for his fellow student because of the ease with which he got help, compared to the snail speed things were operating here, hence reason for the haste in his post. Oh well, what do i know undecided

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 31, 2012
Busy_body: And na wah for our people sha I wonder what Joe4christ initially said that was out of order undecided T he lad was just hurting for his fellow student because of the ease with which he got help, compared to the snail speed things were operating here, hence reason for the haste in his post. Oh well, WHAT DO I KNOW undecided
you know nothing as exhibited on previous threads wink
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2012
i just went to GTB now but the lady said i should return that they will send my account via sms today.... So hopfully before noon they will send it maybe... Good morning all
Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2012
Good morning Ikanium - no problem. I will check in a few hours again.
Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Hi Ikanium - I guess you still haven't received the details. Also, confirm the late penalty fee as it is looking like next year at this rate.
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
somebody: Hi Ikanium - I guess you still haven't received the details. Also, confirm the late penalty fee as it is looking like next year at this rate.
yes ma'am they din't send it... Late payment fee is 5k thank you very much ma... God will reward you handsomly
Re: Thank You All.. by EfemenaXY: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
This is such a heartbreaking tale.

How possible is it to help this young lad via TEHN? I too am willing to help, but I'm really skeptical of getting scammed by con artists...
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
^^^ I too am willing to contribute, not just for his fees, but for living expences, but I'd prefer to go via TeHN.
Re: Thank You All.. by Akinagirl(f): 6:36am On Jan 01, 2013
I wish I can help. What's the update poster?
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:05am On Jan 01, 2013
somebody: Good morning Ikanium - no problem. I will check in a few hours again.
GTB just sent me the account account number:0124224279 account name: Omaga Ikani HAPPY NEW YEAR MA'AM
Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2013
GTB has just opened the new account you guys asked me to open its account number:0124224279 account name: Omaga Ikani HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL AM GLAD YOU MADE IT
Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2013
Efemena_xy: This is such a heartbreaking tale.
How possible is it to help this young lad via TEHN? I too am willing to help, but I'm really skeptical of getting scammed by con artists...

Siena: ^^^ I too am willing to contribute, not just for his fees, but for living expences, but I'd prefer to go via TeHN.

Well, I believe two of the TeHN people have been on here and are aware of his case. I mean one of them suggested he give up his admission till he had a sustainable means of funding his education. Based on the cases I have seen TehN handle, this is probably not as desperate a situation but I may be wrong. And I mean no disrespect to TehN as they do a great job and I support them when I can but they too are individuals like you and I who give them time voluntarily so I guess there is only so much they can do. If they handle cases like this, then they probably will be overwhelmed with the number of students who can't pay their fees - I personally don't think that would be a good use of their time.

Since December 11 when Ikanium put up his appeal, at least 4 people have said they will verify his claims but haven't done so. I too waited for the verification till it was becoming apparent this was going to become all talk and no action. The guy has offered to meet anyone for verification - if he has failed the verification, its not from lack of trying. At least on this thread, we have managed to establish that he has been given admission to the school - both verifiable from JAMB website and the school admission list. But then he could just want the 40,000 to go and pose in school and if that is the case, then I leave him to his conscience.

7 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by somebody(f): 10:08am On Jan 01, 2013
Ikanium: GTB just sent me the account account number:0124224279 account name: Omaga Ikani HAPPY NEW YEAR MA'AM

Happy new year Ikanium, I transferred the 45,000 naira to your account, please confirm receipt - I would appreciate that ALL my details are kept confidential. When you pay your fees and do this ASAP, post the teller on this thread so people who want to help you with living expenses can do so with confidence that they are not funding a scammer. If you fail to do this, then I guess the people doubting you would have been right. I too have promised a token for your living expenses but that will only be till i get confirmation that your fees have been paid. Also, please send your email address by PM, I will like to keep abreast of your progress. God be with you.

19 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by Ikanium(m): 11:05am On Jan 01, 2013
somebody:

Happy new year Ikanium, I transferred the 45,000 naira to your account, please confirm receipt - I would appreciate that ALL my details are kept confidential. When you pay your fees and do this ASAP, post the teller on this thread so people who want to help you with living expenses can do so with confidence that they are not funding a scammer. If you fail to do this, then I guess the people doubting you would have been right. I too have promised a token for your living expenses but that will only be till i get confirmation that your fees have been paid. Also, please send your email address by PM, I will like to keep abreast of your progress. God be with you.
ma'am you have given me a cause to smile again you have light my world.... You have made a nobody to become a somebody today God will reward your coming in and going out God will multiply your source God will replenish it in hundreds fold your life life will forever remain tasty... Thank you ma'am for this kind gesture... i will immediately upload my tellers and proove of payment tomorrow when i pay... Once again thank you ma'am my email is Ikaniomaga@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by slimyem: 11:28am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year to everyone who has been active on this thread and empathetic to Ikani's case.
God bless you all!
@somebody...you have done a good thing and i pray you get your reward in manifolds.
@Ikanium..we are waiting for the receipts here...
Re: Thank You All.. by tyson55(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
somebody:

May God bless you in aboundance for helping this young boy.
Re: Thank You All.. by dominique(f): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
@Mrs Somebody
May God continue to bless you and reward you abundantly. You've not only saved a dream, you've also possibly saved a life and secured a future. May God's love and presence never depart your household smiley.

@Debrief & Siena
I suppose TeHN is also overwhelmed with cases and this case is probably a low priority one to them. I'm appealing on his behalf, if you have anything to help our friend here (which I bet you do grin) pls do. I want to believe this young man has cleared any form of doubt or scepticism by coming back to supply us with answers to our questions. Any scammer with such ready-made answers to doubting questions must be a damned good one pretending to be sloppy. He has cleared any form of doubt I initially had about him. Let's start the new year on a generous note.

Happy New Year all smiley

2 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by mutiply: 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
somebody:

Happy new year Ikanium, I transferred the 45,000 naira to your account, please confirm receipt - I would appreciate that ALL my details are kept confidential. When you pay your fees and do this ASAP, post the teller on this thread so people who want to help you with living expenses can do so with confidence that they are not funding a scammer. If you fail to do this, then I guess the people doubting you would have been right. I too [/b[b]]have promised a token for your living expenses but that will only be till i get confirmation that your fees have been paid. Also, please send your email address by PM, I will like to keep abreast of your progress. God be with you.
I don't like the above words
Re: Thank You All.. by EfemenaXY: 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
somebody:

Since December 11 when Ikanium put up his appeal, at least 4 people have said they will verify his claims but haven't done so. I too waited for the verification till it was becoming apparent this was going to become all talk and no action. The guy has offered to meet anyone for verification - if he has failed the verification, its not from lack of trying. At least on this thread, we have managed to establish that he has been given admission to the school - both verifiable from JAMB website and the school admission list. But then he could just want the 40,000 to go and pose in school and if that is the case, then I leave him to his conscience.

And this is precisely what many of us here, willing to help want to avoid.

I think it's a lame approach to simply say if his underlying reasons aren't genuine, then he should be left to his conscience. I'm sorry to say this but like it's been mentioned before, many fraudsters play the emotional card with very good sob stories. I've followed this thread from the beginning and there've been too many inconsistencies with his story. The I's don't dot and neither does his T's cross either. I would rather willingly give to a cause I know for sure, damn sure is genuine and not to some young person trying to play a fast one.

Siena: ^^^ I too am willing to contribute, not just for his fees, but for living expences, but I'd prefer to go via TeHN.

Exactly. I feel the same too.

Let's face it, at the end of the day, Ikanium here is a YOUNG, IMPRESSIONABLE young man and although he may be in geninue need, I for one, do not believe he has good money management skills (my opinion).

I would rather go through a reputable charity that have proven to be genuine, rather than on the emotional appeal from other posters here on his behalf. If TehN are willing to take this up, then I am prepared to pay for his next year's (2nd year) school fees in advance...That way, I can be assured that the money goes directly to the school and not Ikanium.

That's my take sha.

1 Like

Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
somebody:

God bless u immensely maam,u'vε̲̣̣̣̥ saved a future.May God replenish u.
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
mutiply: I don't like the above words
Do u rili think anyone here cares bou wat u like? Dis lady iz d onli one so far on this thread dat has helped dis young lad,I dnt see how her doubts concern u considering d fact dat despite dese doubts,she still helped.if uploading his teller on dis thread wud erase evry of her doubts,den Ikaniun by all means upload d peyment tellers so odas willing †☺ help can confidently do so.

God bless u @somebody

4 Likes

Re: Thank You All.. by mutiply: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
sandylurv:
Do u rili think anyone here cares bou wat u like? Dis lady iz d onli one so far on this thread dat has helped dis young lad,I dnt see how her doubts concern u considering d fact dat despite dese doubts,she still helped.if uploading his teller on dis thread wud erase evry of her doubts,den Ikaniun by all means upload d peyment tellers so odas willing †☺ help can confidently do so.

God bless u @somebody
i dont want to say much for reasons best known to me,i just expressed how i felt & i dnt give a f*uk about what u like,if at your age you cannot read meanings into words,then i will just take you as a juvenile.
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
mutiply: i dont want to say much for reasons best known to me,i just expressed how i felt & i dnt give a f*uk about what u like,if at your age you cannot read meanings into words,then i will just take you as a juvenile.
Frm Ūя̲̅ msg,I take it u r d adult between d both of us.congrats!
Re: Thank You All.. by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 02, 2013
mutiply: i dont want to say much for reasons best known to me,i just expressed how i felt & i dnt give a f*uk about what u like,if at your age you cannot read meanings into words,then i will just take you as a juvenile.

Dude, there's no need to swear. Let's keep this thread clean, and that means having a civil tongue in your head.

I personally can't see anything wrong in the highlighted part of Somebody's post. You say you don't like it, that's fine. It's up to you to explain what was so wrong about it, rather than leaving readers to "read meaning into words." Such cryptic comments won't get us anywhere.
Re: Thank You All.. by greatgod2012(f): 3:56am On Jan 02, 2013
somebody:

you have done wonderfully well for this young man, may God continue to water your garden, in this new year and beyond, may you not have cause to regret being good. Thank you.
Happy new year to you! kiss
Re: Thank You All.. by dayokanu(m): 5:20am On Jan 02, 2013
Na wa oo
Re: Thank You All.. by Akinagirl(f): 5:42am On Jan 02, 2013
What's the problem dayo? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

He Is Lazy In Bed And He Can No Longer Satisfy Me Sexually - Woman Tells Court / What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.