Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. (63405 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Opoki(m): 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Kidnapping.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Brand_new: Most important thing for me is fulfillment,don't care how much a job pays me + i love my freedom and that to me is priceless. wink

Am there with you. Try marketing in a bank and you will know what 21st century slavery is.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Toheeb31(m): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sherlock Holmes: Who no like better thing! See the number of people viewing this topic below!!!

•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•ℓσℓ•ː̗̀=Dː̖́• You rite
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Subtext: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Jarus:

Still lower than what entry level takes home monthly in an average upstream oil coy.

The OP said apart from Oil n Gas.

lucom: Talking about little known, steady above half a million six figure monthly pay job with extensive international travels and unimaginable pecks and benefits? Ans:International NGO, Usually they don't keep more than 5 staffs nationwide and you can hardly hear about them.

Precisely my point.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by EhiGid(m): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Education is another lucrative one Oº°˚˚ .# for serious peeps though

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ojoko1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
derailing threads has been some pple's hobby sha. Low brains.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by student10: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
PROPERTIES
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ojoko1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
okpara ugo:

Am there with you. Try marketing in a bank and you will know what 21st century slavery is.

Bank marketing = slavery?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by yuzedo: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
tanimola22:

It is still very highly rewarding. Certain boutique investment banks in Nigeria, with private equity and investment management units, pay their associates as much as $100, 000 base salary there in Lagos, Nigeria. Depending on performance, bonus can go as high as twice that base salary. I wonder why wage disparity is so huge in Lagos. Imagine someone earning dollars in naija where average salary per person is less than 1.2 million naira per year.

Anyway, the problem is that these finance firms can be wickedly competitive. Their analysts and associates are former Goldman, JP, BoFA, Nomura, Credit Suisse, Deutche workers who were earning base salaries in the open neighborhood of ($80K, 150$). Some of them even get paid more to work in Nigeria because Naija is considered a high risk zone, and the sad part of everything is that these people get headhunted and cajoled to come work in Lagos for these tempting salaries, more of abeg come work for us..Kai..A city with jobless people who can die for these same opportunities.

Money, and glamor, still exits in the 'right' area of finance.

T22.
tanimola22:

Please allow me comment on the above. I wanted to comment so that other people would become aware of the state of things in IB space.

Companies are still raising capital. IPO is not the only way through which firms raise capital. Many companies are into debt financing these days. If these were not the case, then boutique IBs would not be springing up here and there in Nigeria.

To ascertain whether IB is on the decline, we need to check whether the industry is growing or dying in Nigeria. This is not completely a function of the number of IPO deals. There are other kinds of deals that IBs engage in. IPO is just one of them.

Anyway, I somewhat agree that, on the average, salaries, bonuses and benefits have eased in the IB space..But as I said earlier, certain IBs still pay a premium to their analysts and associates.

T22.

Greetings! Your observations and analysis are spot-on! Are you in the industry too? I work in a PE firm that set up an office in Naija less than two years ago and have more than made their mark. IB & PE are more exciting and rewarding than your regular bank job i must say.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ayox2003: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
nitrogen:
I think for entry level, its almost the same with banks and telecom coys.

It depends on the type of job you wanna do in telecoms and the type of telco firm.

An operator like MTN/Etisalat is different from a Vendor like Huawei/Alcatel/Ericsson. So is their pay.

Segun Agbetusin, the first certified Programme manager in Nigeria works with Alcatel and he's well paid. While Huawei is a stingy chinese coy where there are hidden agendas.

Etisalat is also a cashpot for engineers, middle-level managers and so on. So Nitrogen, it depends on the department and the coy.

Frawzey
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by cecegorz(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
tanimola22:

Please allow me comment on the above. I wanted to comment so that other people would become aware of the state of things in IB space.

Companies are still raising capital. IPO is not the only way through which firms raise capital. Many companies are into debt financing these days. If these were not the case, then boutique IBs would not be springing up here and there in Nigeria.

To ascertain whether IB is on the decline, we need to check whether the industry is growing or dying in Nigeria. This is not completely a function of the number of IPO deals. There are other kinds of deals that IBs engage in. IPO is just one of them.

Anyway, I somewhat agree that, on the average, salaries, bonuses and benefits have eased in the IB space..But as I said earlier, certain IBs still pay a premium to their analysts and associates.

T22.
My input was based on the title thread which i believe is hinged on entry level demands/pay.
There is no doubt that experienced IBs still cut large chunk of cheese but just look back to around '05-'08 when the market was so vibrant. There was so much demand for new hires, even experienced bankers were jumping fence to join the IB train. Then, pay was constantly being reviewed upwards to attract the best hands.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by nitrogen(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
ayox2003:

It depends on the type of job you wanna do in telecoms and the type of telco firm.

An operator like MTN/Etisalat is different from a Vendor like Huawei/Alcatel/Ericsson. So is their pay.

Segun Agbetusin, the first certified Programme manager in Nigeria works with Alcatel and he's well paid. While Huawei is a stingy chinese coy where there are hidden agendas.

Etisalat is also a cashpot for engineers, middle-level managers and so on. So Nitrogen, it depends on the department and the coy.

Frawzey
Yap, I know that was why I said 'for entry level', and averaging it, it can still be compared with that of banking industry and the FMCGs coys.

BTW, long time bros, that binary of a thing still interests me o.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by PalmTree(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
GIS analysts aren't doing badly too smiley
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by AjanleKoko: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sorry to disappoint you lot.
Telecoms does not pay well at all. Judging by the responses I read here, most of the posters would only qualify for a call center agent job(outsourced), which now pays about N40k a month on the average.

A job is not likely to pay you in Nigeria. But a career will. Pursue a career, not a job. It always pays off in the long run.

ayox2003:
Segun Agbetusin, the first certified Programme manager in Nigeria works with Alcatel and he's well paid.

Who be Segun Agbetusin?
You sure that's the person's name? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
tanimola22:

Please do. Thanks
i just did to tanimola22@yahoo.com
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by mrman2(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
I am suprised that nobody is talking about the maritime industry. Sailors earn 10-15k$ per month. Marine engineers earn 5-10k$ depending on the type of vessel they work on. An ordinary cook on a ship earns 2 to 4k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
:-XAshawo business lipsrsealed
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by deletrue: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
dulphines: Oil is not the highest paid job in Naija. Politicians and their associates: Personal Assistants, Contractors, Commissioners, LGA chairmen, NDDC staff, the list goes on and on before broke oil workers. My father was there for about 30 years but not half rich as some PA's that i know of...

i think there is confusion in your comparison. Pure salary workers is different from pa, Lga chairmen, commissioners etc. These second group hardly depend or wait for end of month salary especially in some states such as delta etc. Their corner cuts are as thrice a week more than the monthly salaries of oil workers. But on basic monthly salaries, allowances, put together, i think oil workers receive more.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by chakula: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
okpara ugo:

You are talking about the people that aren't connected, Try marketing at a point where well connected dudes are guarantee you and see enjoyment..............
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by vega84(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Clearing and forwarding
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ayox2003: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
nitrogen:
Yap, I know that was why I said 'for entry level', and averaging it, it can still be compared with that of banking industry and the FMCGs coys.

BTW, long time bros, that binary of a thing still interests me o.

Ok bro. I grab.

The binary options now has a new thread on the Biz section- Binary options alerts. Atleast u know the basics so no hard nut to crack.

Frawzey
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ochukoccna: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
collins123:

Advance Fee Fraud

Kidnapping

Adultnapping

Politics

Money Rutuals AKA Okija Juju.
wink wink

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Francheezy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
J0BLESSNESS.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Azubreezy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
How about military men and Diplomats?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Idrismusty97: grin Dont blame me.just curioussssss.

Curiousity kills a cat
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ochukoccna: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
AjanleKoko: A job is not likely to pay you in Nigeria. But a career will. Pursue a career, not a job. It always pays off in the long run.
undecided
This ices it for me
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by ayox2003: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
AjanleKoko:
Who be Segun Agbetusin?
You sure that's the person's name? undecided

Oh AJ. Tosin Agbetusin. Dude got some santa rally.

Frawzey
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by AjanleKoko: 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
ayox2003:

Oh. Tosin Agbetusin. Dude got some santa rally.

Frawzey

It's not really nice to put a real person's name out there, you know.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by thirdeye(m): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Pilots n aeronautical engineers
marine architects
n what of real estate/construction profs.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
Tlake: Nobody s talking about DOCTORS mke cool money too

I give it to doctors with private hospitals.

I will make sure one of my kids who is medically inclined becomes a Radiologist/Radiographer, whatever name is best suited.

Mehn conductiong ultrasound for pregnant women is an oil spinner. These guys build architectural masterpieces of a home.

Secondly, executive level oil company jobs, telecoms, banking.

When it comes to the business world, i give it to transporters, manufacturers and cement dealers.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by LOVEGINO(m): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
etochi11: I think its military
story story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.