Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 (15615 Views)

Anambra Commences N50bn Trade Centre Construction / Proposed West Africa Trade Centre To Be Sited At Onitsha / The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by elopee3000(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Since they said the cost is 1.2 billion dollars divide the money half.people don't ve apartment to live with thier family Nigeria is building world trade center,go to broad street Lagos almost all the tall tall buildings there is empty and we keep building another one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by solomon111(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
elopee3000: Since they said the cost is 1.2 billion dollars divide the money half.people don't ve apartment to live with thier family Nigeria is building world trade center,go to broad street Lagos almost all the tall tall buildings there is empty and we keep building another one
is it your money?
Who are you to tell a private investor how to spend his money?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Interesting - I love this... cool
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by aljharem(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
elopee3000: Since they said the cost is 1.2 billion dollars divide the money half.people don't ve apartment to live with thier family Nigeria is building world trade center,go to broad street Lagos almost all the tall tall buildings there is empty and we keep building another one

hmmmmm, Abuja is not broad street.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by toluxa1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
manny4life:

I'm not talking about one building, nor several building, heck I can see from the picture. No offense, my post was very clear - the niche objective "other than the random definition of WTC". My argument is, without a clear cut objective (at least from the article), I hope the govt is not partnering because of malls and restaurants.

Again, did my post say it was a GEJ project? Dude, please read my post again. Unlike some people, I read the article before posting. What I said was, HOW MUCH IS THE GOVT SPENDING ON THE PROJECT - CASH/KIND? I know that the govt gave them land, here is an excerpt -

Is the provision of land resources not a contribution to the project? Which still lingers my question, how much is the govt actually spending on the project? Directly or indirectly? Cash wise or otherwise?

Bros, you are making no sense at all, sorry to say. Na you dey ask, na you dey answer and na you dey vex again, 3 in 1.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Insanity(m): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
A Private Company is investing $1.2bn in our country and ​We are still complaining. Personally, i like this recent development, ​We still have a very long way to go but this is a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by danjohn: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
IMHO any world trade center in Nigeria should be located in Lagos not Abuja.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by jmoore(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
More than $1 billion for 37 floors.. smh
another overvalued project. 37 floors is not an ambitious project, it is a normal skyscrapper

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by manny4life(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
toluxa1:

Bros, you are making no sense at all, sorry to say. Na you dey ask, na you dey answer and na you dey vex again, 3 in 1.

LOL... I know right? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My post isn't supposed to make sense to you, besides, I'm not angry but hey thank you for your observation.... grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by rampantlover: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2012
Imagine u r in da lift n da lights goes off n know how electricity is a luxury in Nigeria, u will be stuck in der 4 abt a week. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by PastorOla1: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
dejgan: @Guapo...Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world built in Dubai was completed in 2010 with 163 floors with 46 maintenance floors at 1.5B Dollars. GEJ and his co-looters are building a 37floor twin tower at 1.2B Dollars and they are celebrating...ok o!
. This is not government project, it is a privately owned by church gate group. The cost looks invalated sha o!
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by cameronese(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
rampant lover: Imagine u r in da lift n da lights goes off n know how electricity is a luxury in Nigeria, u will be stuck in der 4 abt a week. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pof Pof Howker

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by rampantlover: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Do u know how many generators n candles u can buy each Nigerian wit diz money? Misplaced priority.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
Guapo:
Check the first post mate! Its not just the construction of a single building, its that of eight different buildings with a signature tower of 37 floors. Its not a GEJ project but that of Churchgate. Gerrit? smiley

bros the op says

Guapo:

“The World Trade Centre Project, he said, covers about 62,000 square meters and will consist of a twin tower of thirty seven floors and three basements.
Adding, it is currently providing employment for about one thousand people working at the construction site. The project is being executed at a cost of $1.2billion.

Source:Federal Ministry of Information; http://fmi.gov.ng/nigerian-world-trade-centre-is-estimated-tallest-building-in-africa-fct-minister/

what shall we believe now? are u spreading "unconfirmed rumours"? cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by secreyor: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
rampant lover: Do u know how many generators n candles u can buy each Nigerian wit diz money? Misplaced priority.
Whose money?,d company can do whatever they like with thier money,our electricity problem or anyother thing is not thier problem.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
I like the project. Lagos city needs something like this too.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by RedLight1: 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
rampant lover: Imagine u r in da lift n da lights goes off n know how electricity is a luxury in Nigeria, u will be stuck in der 4 abt a week. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
if electricity is luxury in naija then its wealth in ghana... werey oshi... enemy of progress, when will ghana solve its energy crisis zombie na one way
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by RedLight1: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
all4naija: I like the project. Lagos city needs something like this too.
lagos already has many projects close to this
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by azzypandes(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
The government can never satisfy her citizen,cos our parent can never satisfy us no matter how rich the are,so stop acting like an illitrate in the forum and be proud of any new development,particularly this type of project that involve the world and bring nigeria to the high table,and by the way,wat ve u archieved that u re critcising the government?
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by mekaboy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
WRONG LOCATION, THE ISLAMIST WILL SEE THIS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EMULATE OSAMA BINLADIN. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT IN THE EAST- WEST OR SOUTH . WHAT IF THE NORTH DOES NOT WIN ELECTION IN 2015 AND DECIDE TO SCATTER EVERYTHING IN THE NORTH ?

WHO WILL SHOP THERE? WITH BOKO HARAM BOMBING THE SSS HQ IN ABUJA, WHO GO PROTECT THIS CENTER
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Revolva(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Umm I trust this nation they can start what they can't maintain --and if I may ask what happen to tinapa ?? Make e no happen here oo
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by solomon111(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
Revolva: Umm I trust this nation they can start what they can't maintain --and if I may ask what happen to tinapa ?? Make e no happen here oo
well,it's a private investment,and it should/would be privately maintained.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Revolva(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
solomon111: well,it's a private investment,and it should/would be privately maintained.
That's good I hope to get a job there or even an office there haha !! I keep wondering what will they trade there ad the world will ever show intrests ....haha if I imagine tinapa when it was started I tought it was heaven on earth but now nothing even the people behind tinapa are tired jare !!!! Well good luck abuja ( remember abuja is not safe )
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

lagos already has many projects close to this
You are right! The Eko Antlatic City is one of them.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by emmatok(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
The so called WTC is just another expensive office complex for rent.
1.5b dollers for office complex lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by solomon111(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Revolva:
That's good I hope to get a job there or even an office there haha !! I keep wondering what will they trade there ad the world will ever show intrests ....haha if I imagine tinapa when it was started I tought it was heaven on earth but now nothing even the people behind tinapa are tired jare !!!! Well good luck abuja ( remember abuja is not safe )
Nigeria is africa's largest trading partner with the rest of the world.
You under-estimate the commercial potential of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Revolva(m): 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
solomon111: Nigeria is africa's largest trading partner with the rest of the world.
You under-estimate the commercial potential of Nigeria.
Yeah yeah I know we are ...ok but this stuff they r building ..umm well hope it brings good hopes to our economy - oo !!!
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by rampantlover: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
@red light......... Lol i luv da way u always cum out fighting n i'm not an enemy of progress at all but most ppl luv to face fact which most of u hv fallen short of. Instead of you all trying to shove diz giants of Africa rubbish down our throats, y don't u allow ppl to rada blow ur horns for u cuz most Africans know dat Nigeria is a pile of COW DUNG now. Travel to any part of da world n u will find out which ppl r loud for nuttin n luv to pass thru da backdoor to reach their objectives. RESPECT IS EARNED AND NOT DEMANDED. U PPL ALWAYS LUK DOWN ON UR FELLOW AFRICANS AND WHEN THEY PAY U BACK IN UR OWN COIN, U START TO BLEAT. HYPOCRITES
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by earthgreeners(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
dejgan: @Guapo...Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world built in Dubai was completed in 2010 with 163 floors with 46 maintenance floors at 1.5B Dollars. GEJ and his co-looters are building a 37floor twin tower at 1.2B Dollars and they are celebrating...ok o!

tell them ooo, another avenue to loooootttttttttttttttttt
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by earthgreeners(m): 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
taharqa: I just dey laugh....just in a week i hv heard of sm HUGE projects completd in diff parts of d country. One of d largest Steel mills commissiond in Ogun; d largest Ceramic industry in Africa commissiond in d same Ogun; one of d largest and most sophisticated Gas-to-Liquid plants in d world, a multi-billion dollar Chrevron project in Delta state dat is virtuali complete and wud begin operatn early nx year; and now dis, amongst many odas- ALL BUILT BY FOREIGNERS. Foreigners are tking advantage of d economy and investing massively in most areas of d economy (there is a thread on Nigeria hving by far d highest FDI in Africa last yr on d front page now) WHILST many Nigerians, esp young Nigerians, whine and complain and sit dier lazy azz down... I just dey laugh

who be dis slowpoke?
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by secreyor: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
rampant lover: @red light......... Lol i luv da way u always cum out fighting n i'm not an enemy of progress at all but most ppl luv to face fact which most of u hv fallen short of. Instead of you all trying to shove diz giants of Africa rubbish down our throats, y don't u allow ppl to rada blow ur horns for u cuz most Africans know dat Nigeria is a pile of COW DUNG now. Travel to any part of da world n u will find out which ppl r loud for nuttin n luv to pass thru da backdoor to reach their objectives. RESPECT IS EARNED AND NOT DEMANDED. U PPL ALWAYS LUK DOWN ON UR FELLOW AFRICANS AND WHEN THEY PAY U BACK IN UR OWN COIN, U START TO BLEAT. HYPOCRITES
unecessary provocation..dis is really gettin' childish..guy i beg leave us to say whatever we want to ourselves or are we not entitled to what we call OURSELVES?..who knows?,perhaps when d tribalistic threads come up,you'll be there too..Go do something else and leave us alone na..abeg!
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by RedLight1: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
rampant lover: @red light......... Lol i luv da way u always cum out fighting n i'm not an enemy of progress at all but most ppl luv to face fact which most of u hv fallen short of. Instead of you all trying to shove diz giants of Africa rubbish down our throats, y don't u allow ppl to rada blow ur horns for u cuz most Africans know dat Nigeria is a pile of COW DUNG now. Travel to any part of da world n u will find out which ppl r loud for nuttin n luv to pass thru da backdoor to reach their objectives. RESPECT IS EARNED AND NOT DEMANDED. U PPL ALWAYS LUK DOWN ON UR FELLOW AFRICANS AND WHEN THEY PAY U BACK IN UR OWN COIN, U START TO BLEAT. HYPOCRITES
and i hate the way u always come to nigerian forum to post rubish about my country when urs is no where better.... if u are not enemy of progress why are u against the building that could attract investors to nigeria

WE ARE THE GIANT OF AFRICA..EITHER SLEEPING, DEAD OR ALIVE.... (THE WHOLE WORLD DOESNT RESPECT AMERICANS IN FACT THEY HATE THEM... YET THEY ARE STILL WORLD GIANT) we run your economy, we are better than u in all ramification... we speak the whole africa wanna ear us talk... u people watch our movies, sing our song, wanna be us .... thats why u spend ur quality time on nairaland learning about us

now u can shove the rest of ur opinion against my country up ur ugly ghanaian butt
cos i wont reply any gutter rubbish that come outta ur mouth against my country this night ..,. and DONT START feeling lucky yet... AM STILL GHANAIANS NIGHTMARE grin grin grin i will run you ugly mofos outta nairaland

by the way did we come to ghanaian forum to look down on ghanaians or what? u have no point... i know why ghanaians want rivalry with nigerians at all cost .. 1) becos of ghana must go... it pain u people sote una wan go die (but why we no go chase u away when u people became unbearable with different crimes).... 2) u people want cheap popularity so u think rivalry with nigerians will earn u that... but we are bigger than that tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Budget Debate To Begin On Wednesday — Saraki / All Nigerians Should Be Treated Fairly, Equally. Afenifere, YCE, Others Caution / Buhari’s Extension Of IGP Adamu's Tenure Is Unlawful ― Adegboruwa, SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.