Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? (18675 Views)

Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) / Saraki And Emir Of Ilorin Pray At Ilorin Central Mosque (photo) / Lucky Igbinedion’s Mansion In Abuja (See The Multi-billion Naira House) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
The multi billion naira Ilorin central Mosque, is it necessary when we have million of hungry people across the street?

Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
THE MULTI BILLION NAIRA ILORIN CENTRAL MOSQUE,IS IT NECESSARY?.

I am just wondering, The multi Billion naira Ilorin central Mosque has been completed. Is the billions of naira spent on this mosque necessary when we have million of people displaced and hungry? Can we say this is a way of serving God or materialism? Oh God,save my soul.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by niggadee(m): 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
religion is part of our culture
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
'aiki Allah ni!'
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
hum
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bamuhanya: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
cogitoErgo: 'aiki Allah ni!'

grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
what for?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bamuhanya: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
bilms: what for?

E dey vex you? atleast all are invited and is not restricted to a few.So its public property not personal owned.Also people could seek help and refuge in it if need be. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by TableLeg(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
bilms: what for?
To worship in ... It's a no brainer!
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by MajeOfficial: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
You have to understand our people. We don't go to mueseums and zoos. In the west they build such things using millions of dollars to attract people to come and create commerce for the city. In nigeria people travel for these few reasons

1. to see family
2. business
3. faith

and those reasons alone. If 1000 people visit that mosque on a friday from out of town, that 1000 new customers for every merchant in town.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by edoyad(m): 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
You have to understand our people. We don't go to mueseums and zoos. In the west they build such things using millions of dollars to attract people to come and create commerce for the city. In nigeria people travel for these few reasons

1. to see family
2. business
3. faith

and those reasons alone. If 1000 people visit that mosque on a friday from out of town, that 1000 new customers for every merchant in town.

You honestly believe what you just wrote ? Grateful I'm not the one who paid for your education.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
Lol
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by rash47(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
Op get ur fact right,its not a multi-billion naira mosque. The main building was done in 1978,with baba saraki donating 1m naira, he was d highest donor. The pic u posted is d new face of d mosque after Gov. Bukola awarded d contract for reconstruction at d tail end of his reign,donation were sought from many top-shot with dangote emerging as d highest donor of 200m naira.
Anyway, we kwarans cherish this than many of bogus and superficial project carried out by d present govt.

1 Like

Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
What is the facts? Its obvious you didn't follow the issue.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
OP aren't u a muslim?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2012
Yes i am. What about it?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Standing5(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2012
@OP, Is it a government built Mosque?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by geez1: 8:48am On Dec 12, 2012
Well on one hand, it is expensive I must say but on the other hand, it could be a tourist attraction though I can't say for sure it will be
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Standing5(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2012
Please i need to know, was this Mosque built by the government or by Private investors? If this was a Church, i doubt the thread will be this quite and sane as accusation of Pastors diverting Church money for flexing will be flying all around, but here we have the commonwealth of the Nation being used for the religion of some citizens.
A case of that which has been entrusted to Caesar by all being used to Glorify other gods - if you ask me.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by bilms(m): 9:45am On Dec 12, 2012
The state govt raised like 50% of the fund through donation and it completed the balance.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by WilyWily5: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2012
Very nice, good mosque. i want Islam to take over all and everything Yoruba.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by geez1: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2012
Wily+Wily:
Very nice, good mosque. i want Islam to take over all and everything Yoruba.

What's this supposed to mean you bigoted hater. Yorubas muslims and christians will continue to live peacefully because we are brothers and sisters. Factories and entrepreneurs are taking over Yorubaland while your land remains dead, barren, eroded and flooded with criminals. I can imagine how your Biafra republic will be. The first set of people that move home will be robbed, then next set will be kidnapped, the third set will be victims of ritual killings and the land will just be filled with filth and criminality with no development as evident in the type of leadership you have always produced. Oloshi olori buruku.

1 Like

Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Vado(m): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2012
rash47: Op get ur fact right,its not a multi-billion naira mosque. The main building was done in 1978,with baba saraki donating 1m naira, he was d highest donor. The pic u posted is d new face of d mosque after Gov. Bukola awarded d contract for reconstruction at d tail end of his reign,donation were sought from many top-shot with dangote emerging as d highest donor of 200m naira.
Anyway, we kwarans cherish this than many of bogus and superficial project carried out by d present govt.

Negga stfu with the generalisation, not "we kwarans". Just say "You", there's no way that mosque will add the slightiest value to my life. You should be ashamed saying the ex governor awarded the contract with funds derived from taxations on christians, afrelists and muslims alike or you think the government never injected public funds directly or indirectly into this?

Remind me the last time a kwaran governor championed a. Christianity cause like this. Nonsense!
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by WilyWily5: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2012
geez*:

What's this supposed to mean you bigoted hater. Yorubas muslims and christians will continue to live peacefully because we are brothers and sisters. Factories and entrepreneurs are taking over Yorubaland while your land remains dead, barren, eroded and flooded with criminals. I can imagine how your Biafra republic will be. The first set of people that move home will be robbed, then next set will be kidnapped, the third set will be victims of ritual killings and the land will just be filled with filth and criminality with no development as evident in the type of leadership you have always produced. Oloshi olori buruku.
Shout from morning till night, whether you like it or not Yoruba Moslems are superior than Yoruba Christians,can see how they are now building beautiful Mosque, Islam will take over all and everything Yoruba nothing is going to stop that.

1 Like

Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by geez1: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2012
Wily+Wily:

Shout from morning till night, whether you like it or not Yoruba Moslems are superior than Yoruba Christians,can see how they are now building beautiful Mosque, Islam will take over all and everything Yoruba nothing is going to stop that.

While erosion and poverty will take over everything in Igboland
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
bilms: Yes i am. What about it?

so why are you against building of that mosque?
Wily+Wily:

Are you Igbo?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by WilyWily5: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
Paxchal:
Are you Igbo?
no
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by rash47(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Vado:

Negga stfu with the generalisation, not "we kwarans". Just say "You", there's no way that mosque will add the slightiest value to my life. You should be ashamed saying the ex governor awarded the contract with funds derived from taxations on christians, afrelists and muslims alike or you think the government never injected public funds directly or indirectly into this?

Remind me the last time a kwaran governor championed a. Christianity cause like this. Nonsense!

Stop screaming mr,the saraki's are partially xtian's nd have been nice to the people of ur faith,infact over d yrs d oloye usually invite kwara C.A.N to his home to hold some tete-a-tete.
Besides,if I generalize I know wat am saying as a bonafide emirate memeber,I speak d mind of many.
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by WilyWily5: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Yoruba moslems should build more beautiful Mosque all over Yorubaland, by the way they are majority
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
Wily+Wily:

no
Why is geez bringing in Igbos to u guys argument?
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by Standing5(m): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
bilms: The state govt raised like 50% of the fund through donation and it completed the balance.
50% from the Common wealth of Muslims and Christians right ? . . .
Re: The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2012
The poor need God, the Rich need Money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Lagos State: The Centre of Excellence. / Sack Buhari, He Is Not Qualified As Petroleum Minister, Agbakoba Tells Court / Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.