Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (40930 Views)

PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by ypzilanti: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2012
grin
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by cobinwayahoo(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2012
Are the V.I.O and road safety officials aware of dis thing called flying car??Naija,we hail thee...
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vanstanzy(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2012
alienvirus: Back view

Ok, u beat me to it, i can see the wheel. But what engine does it use and can it actually move as the op claims?
Given some more opportunity, the inventor might really put a decent car together. Kudos! Its a good try.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by buchito1(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2012
jesus christ!!! wat is dis rubbish!!! Nd how dos dis rubbish affect d price of garri?
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Freiburger(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2012
And we should be proud of this?
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by bknight: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2012
I have seen this some monthS ago at conoil gas station at ikeja. I even snapped it. The builder claims it can move on land, water and later (perhaps, after a bit more work) fly. He seeks capital.

Some of us shld quit trying to be funny. Are we sure d wright brother prototype was worse than this? While all u think is kpanshing, a brother has indeed done something commendable and ur pessimistic, negative mind can find to do is make jest undecided

If d govt was interested, even if dis car isn't built for commercial purposes, his ideas can be borrowed and adapted to other solutions to existing technology (like what concept cars are used for). If it was built in some other country, we'd shld technology at its best. We are our own killers.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vanstanzy(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2012
alienvirus: Sorry bro. I snapped it while on motion. I will do a better job next time. Hope Seun gonna pay me.

Guy, u funny gon. How Seun go pay u for the job u voluntarily chose to embark upon. Nice photo journalism though.
PROUDLY IGBO!!!
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by vanstanzy(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2012
When will this mockery and down-letting ever stop? This is very peculiar to the people of black Africa, thats why black Africa aint moving forward. Give the guy a chance, irrespective of his tribe or race. U dig? wink wink wink
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by nairalady(f): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by miteolu(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2012
ignis: Please, where is the car?

You want to buy
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by ChopUrMoni: 8:51am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Egbagirl(f): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2012
Found a video about this on

youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ66CBn9zC0
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom:

And you call that a car?? ….Guy, slap yourself sad sad
if its not a car, then it is wat?? A plane or a ship?? Its on four wheel, has an engine and a steering to propel it forward. Then its a damn car. What have you invented?!
If nigeria isn't a failed state, she'd have found ways to encourage his invention and help make it better..but if we fellow nigerians are making jest of it, then how can we improve in technology. Jeez, dis is a start of something. The japanese started from something like dis too..i'm certain.
So i guess, till the end of time, we'll keep importing everything we need. The only thing we're gud at inventing is insult and abuses while the populace of the countries at the core of the global economy are busy finding ways to improve and better the political economy of their respective nations, and invent more gud ideas and invention, for we foolish peripheral countries to keep buying and importing for life. Damn!
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by sunex4real: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2012
alienvirus: I saw this car for the first time in Ikeja, Lagos around the popular computer village. The second time was around Iyana Ipaja when I saw moving on a high speed. It was very amazing. I promised myself to get the pics of the damn thing. Happy viewing.
If wat I just saw in dis pics is wat u re reffering to as a car, den I will neva drive a Nigerian made car in ma life. Men d car sucks.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Frostyzone(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2012
Where is the car??
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Egbagirl(f): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2012
Tried to find newspaper articles on this but was disappointed... anyway here are some of the pics I found online and a link to a very short article bout the guy and his invention. and for someone who claims not to have any educational background, I say kudos man!

“Nigerians got talent”, JustNaija met with the inventor of the Air Amphibian Jet Mr. Kehinde Obasanjo D while he was showcasing his work close to the Awolowo Glass House Ikeja, the beauty of this project is the fact that he has no basic educational background to back the creation of such a device, he attributed all the success to God in heaven , clearly stating that the idea was divine.

Kehinde Obasanjo D is the inventor of this beautiful art, he currently need more finance to further the creation of this device, currently the car is built with crap.

While the Air Amphibian Jet only runs on Land and Water now , Kehinde assured us that he’s researching on the Air implementation.

We need to spread the word, he needs as much support as possible…

http://justnaija.com/nigerian-man-builds-amphibian-car/

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by caesaraba(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2012
If this thing really runs on air and can also walk on water, then I take back all my initial laughter (almost cracked my phone screen in the process).
It's about the idea and not what we are seeing initially. This guy could write down the blue-print for this technology, get some funding to do some more research and then patent those parts of the technology (idea) which are original. By the time he sells/leases out those patents, he'll be in the money for a lifetime.

There was a guy who was featured on A.M express (NTA) some years back for designing and a toy excavator that actually moves very small quantities of sand using a very simple system with very high capacity. He used to seat by street corners and demonstrate it and those watching would be giving him money as gifts (all those kind 20 naira things). His exposure on NTA lead him to represent Nigeria on the annual Expo in China. Now, the Chinese govt has kept this guy in China and provided funding and research teams to develop his idea. That guy story don change.

I take back my laughter sha o. Although the picture funny die without looking at the idea in-depth.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by achi4u(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2012
the car lack substance
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by seunajia: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2012
The man's invention is not your regular car. It is a car/boat with possible flying capacity-- an amphibious jet as he described it.

I was tempted to call out some folks here, albeit, I decided against it. You are simply suffering from esteem issues. Europeans out of xenophobia teach you to hate yourself and all yours. I wonder what most of you half-wit folks would have said if he were European.

People come up with ideas and you run your gutter mouths anyhow. Point us to your own invention!

OP good one and Kudos ENGINEER Durojaiye Obasanjo. Dare to be different!

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Egbagirl(f): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2012
The guy launched it on Independence day o yet no news about him! If he wrote the pride of Nigeria on the car, then yes I agree with you. These are the things we should be proud of and encourage. Oga mi, carry go jare. Notin do u. If he did this with very little resources, imagine what he will achieve with more.

I swear we are our own problem!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by dnawah(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2012
On the last days the 1st shall be the last,the last shall be the 1st.this is just the begining(if him no sell the technology o!)
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by tomakint: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2012
tellwisdom:

And you call that a car?? ….Guy, slap yourself sad sad
I guess he must have done that (I mean slap himself)grin
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by dmitroika(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx: This shyte has got a propeller at the back!! shocked

Perhaps, it's a car, boat, and an aircraft in one - three for the price of one!!

God bless Nigeria!! cool

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/913846_IMG-20121212-00484_jpg30226dd389c62f136cbccd0e9ae227f2[/img]

you mean shymexx?
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Mallow: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2012
Bloody fuc..ker! angry
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by dnawah(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2012
buchito1: jesus christ!!! wat is dis rubbish!!! Nd how dos dis rubbish affect d price of garri?
we all like gary,but if u,u allow gary to inter ur brain,it will make u see things as rubbish.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Freestyl(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2012
all i see is ugly faces!!!
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Leadn(m): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2012
snowprince01: I have gone through all d picture yet I can not find any car, where is it? Or is it dat death wish I saw made in kpangolo. For dat guy mind he is creative. 1yr old in japan cn do better. Trash can rolling object nd u call it car. Guy shoot ur self nd die plz for calling dis a car abeg

what can an old man like you do since one year old in Japan can do better?? Idiots!

This is one of the most creative inventions from Nigeria... really glad, wish investors and big shots would pick up this dude and sponsor him... if it were abroad you'll see bunch of investors get involved..

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by homerac7: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2012
i have no qualms with anybody having fun with his fabrications, it is proper and to be encouraged. Because in it is the very soul of creativity, enterprise and character for advancement.

Now, what i see in that pix is best described as an amateur craft making and nothing more. Any attempt to elevate or accord it any seriousness beyond such is ridiculous to the beautiful art of engineering itself and our sense of value as a people and nation.

I am an Engineer; a mechanical engineer for the fact. If you think that is an invention, I tell you that you either know not the meaning of invention or just plain confused. For anybody to describe that as an aircraft is so absurd because it failed all the principles of aerodynamics expected of an aerial vehicle. ditto a marine/water craft.

Nigeria technological development doesn't require us inventing the wheel at all (not to mention a terrible wheel). Japanese and American examples cited are weak and incorrect. I expect you to refer to South Korea, Indian or Brazilian technological examples and show me where they had to go way back to constructing ridiculous contraption in name of "invention" or technological development.

Technology has gone much much ahead, if and when we are ready to take the dive, we have to go far downstream and not crudely backward.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Leadn(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2012
Egba girl: Tried to find newspaper articles on this but was disappointed... anyway here are some of the pics I found online and a link to a very short article bout the guy and his invention. and for someone who claims not to have any educational background, I say kudos man!

Nice! thanks for the cool pics sis...
This is just impressive!
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by baggy4luv(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Some so called web urchins just come here to relieve there fustration.before crucifying op and inventor.take a good look @ pix of generation of pcs.#Bleep u all#
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2012
life_style: Why 3 in 1? If you are building a car, do just that. If you are building a boat, build a boat and if is aircraft you wanna build,dude build aircraft.

Thank you!

And if I may ask, what's up with Nigerian university mechanical engineering graduates? What are they doing ?
Teaching in private schools and collecting 10k as salary.
Re: Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car by Leadn(m): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2012
homerac7: i have no qualms with anybody having fun with his fabrications, it is proper and to be encouraged. Because in it is the very soul of creativity, enterprise and character for advancement.

Now, what i see in that pix is best described as an amateur craft making and nothing more. Any attempt to elevate or accord it any seriousness beyond such is ridiculous to the beautiful art of engineering itself and our sense of value as a people and nation.

I am an Engineer; a mechanical engineer for the fact. If you think that is an invention, I tell you that you either know not the meaning of invention or just plain confused. For anybody to describe that as an aircraft is so absurd because it failed all the principles of aerodynamics expected of an aerial vehicle. ditto a marine/water craft.

Nigeria technological development doesn't require us inventing the wheel at all (not to mention a terrible wheel). Japanese and American examples cited are weak and incorrect. I expect you to refer to South Korea, Indian or Brazilian technological examples and show me where they had to go way back to constructing ridiculous contraption in name of "invention" or technological development.

Technology has gone much much ahead, if and when we are ready to take the dive, we have to go far downstream and not crudely backward.

You're a disgrace to Mech Engineers which I would soon become by God's grace...
If you can't applaud this awesome invention please keep your remarks to yourself!

Have you ever invented anything that comes close to a moving vehicle "from scratch" not fitting already made engines and all? MOFO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX / Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.