Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 (39944 Views)

Forbes 10 Richest Musicians In Africa (Don Jazzy @ No 2) / 5 Richest Pastors In Nigeria - Forbes / Who Is The Richest Person Between Don Jazzy And R.kelly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by exbash: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Ppl like u are called 'Adeke' in my language...guess d meaning?....'akuya' in Hausa...as if ur entire village networth is up2 N500k..._ tink its easy. As if dey re politicians..money na grass abi!
Abbey2sam: This nigeria movie stars poor ooo!
After all this years of acting is that all they could gather,the highest is not even up to 70 million and in naira for that matter.70mil can't pay a top actor or actress like them in hollywood for a single role in a movie and here we are with our top actresses after more than a decade of acting can only boast of 66mil....weldone sha
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote
author=Mynd_44]Good. I am chosing my wife from this list. Can you also
say which one is single? And how about Tonto Dikeh?[/quote] This one I no see Tonto Dike for this list ? Ha ! Anyway don't give a damn. But that last girl is damn ugly.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by purposeDiva: 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
LesbianBoy: Genevieve nnaji is the first on the list SMH.......If only her fans know what she does behind closed doors!

Boy-lesbian!!! Always criticizing ppl. We don't know wat U̶̲̥̅̊ do behind closed doors too, so why Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ phrase; 'closed doors'
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Lordave: 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
PapaBrowne: Mercies oh Mercies!What nonsense. Who on earth put together this piece of crap!

So Ije grossed 60 Million in the box office that means the two major actresses would share that equally.
Mercies oh Mercies. What nonsense.
How about the Executive producer, the Director and the rest of the cast? How about the technical crew and all the cameos that appear.
What about the equipments hired. And the venues rented. And the Editing. And the costumes.
And the marketing company. And the distribution company. And the cinema that showed the movie. And the list goes on.

What nonsense. Who put this piece of crap together and how come whoever put it on the frontpage couldn't see the anomalies.

This got to be the most well written piece of crap I've seen in ages! Mercies!
calm down calm down brother. Person wey smoke egbo no fit correct person wey take koke.

1 Like

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by MsOluchi: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
"So far, Genevieve’s starring in the movies has grossed over N83 million at the box office. Mirror Boy (described by the actress as her first major film and the first to put her at the box-office) made N18 million, while Ije netted N60 million turning out to be Nigeria’s highest grossing movie ever. But Genevieve had to share the money with Omotola, who also acted alongside her. If the sharing formula is 50-50, then Genevieve gets N30 million of the total gross."

this doesn't make much sense! so the money made from a movie is shared by the leading actors? what about the producers and the other cast members? Nonsense!
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by nollywood20: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
These are all based on fabrications.

Why should Nairaland even put this fake report on the homepage headlines?

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by applord: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
PapaBrowne: Mercies oh Mercies!What nonsense. Who on earth put together this piece of crap!

So Ije grossed 60 Million in the box office that means the two major actresses would share that equally.
Mercies oh Mercies. What nonsense.
How about the Executive producer, the Director and the rest of the cast? How about the technical crew and all the cameos that appear.
What about the equipments hired. And the venues rented. And the Editing. And the costumes.
And the marketing company. And the distribution company. And the cinema that showed the movie. And the list goes on.

What nonsense. Who put this piece of crap together and how come whoever put it on the frontpage couldn't see the anomalies.

This got to be the most well written piece of crap I've seen in ages! Mercies!

@ OP

Genevive nnaji was paid $25,000 dollars for starring in ije. I dnt knw abt omotola. your mathematics are quite wrong.

Actors(ress) are paid to star in a movie, there don't own it.

What now happens to the producers that dig deep into thier pockets to fund the whole project.

Do they go home empty-handed, because there love genevive, omotola and co. so soo much ...

Even the likes of Mercy johnson, tonto dikeh and company. whom feature in tens of movies within a calender year, say for N500,000 or thereabout per movie.

Might even be earning more than the names listed above.

Most attimes, it's not the means of getting to a destination that matters. Some will employ okada, taxi, molue, BRT, bicycle, KEKE, aeroplane, private car ... Its the fact that one gets there. #BussinessMindset

@ op, pls be realistic and stop imagining figures.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Owen2(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
@OP so if a movie made 60 million naira, the 2 leading actresses share it 50 - 50? The producer, director et al all get nothing? Lmao! Seriously bro? Tell you what, they'd be lucky to get anything more than 5 million naira apiece for the movie, and that's a bloody fair sum.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by jidex001(m): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
Where is tonto dike with all her noise?
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
Wait a minute! Its like I'm getting this misunderstood. I thought the money referred to was their payment for the movie. Ah....
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by lain: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
angry[color=#000000][/color]
Sisi_Kill: What kind of wuruwuru calculation is that? Why are the gross profits automatically ascribed to the actresses alone?

Take Ije for instance. ...the movie made 60 million and they share it 50-50 between the two leading stars? I have not seen the movie, so someone please help me out here. .. was it only MJ and GN who acted in the movie? They must have also produced, directed, edited, marketed and all the other good stuff that goes into movie production. ....that would explain why they are the only ones pocketing the profit.

I think the writer of the article has no clue about movies production (won't hold it again him though. ..considering the movie industry is analyzing has even less)

A better title for the article would have been Actresses with the highest grossing movies. I doubt we can really ever know what these women are worth because we don't know how much they get paid per movie and you can't trust them to tell you the truth. It's either they inflate their prices to match their inflated egos or the deflate it to appear humble.

Until Nollywood becomes structured like its foreign counterparts. ..I say avoid making lists like this (don't they get tired of looking stupid ) and stick to the whose yansh is Bigger type lists.
.,.... U just said my mind. A movie gross mayb 40mil, the 40 mil is then ascribed to only the leadin actors .. Are the only ones that acted .. Rubbish analysis
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by lain: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill: What kind of wuruwuru calculation is that? Why are the gross profits automatically ascribed to the actresses alone?

Take Ije for instance. ...the movie made 60 million and they share it 50-50 between the two leading stars? I have not seen the movie, so someone please help me out here. .. was it only MJ and GN who acted in the movie? They must have also produced, directed, edited, marketed and all the other good stuff that goes into movie production. ....that would explain why they are the only ones pocketing the profit.

I think the writer of the article has no clue about movies production (won't hold it again him though. ..considering the movie industry is analyzing has even less)

A better title for the article would have been Actresses with the highest grossing movies. I doubt we can really ever know what these women are worth because we don't know how much they get paid per movie and you can't trust them to tell you the truth. It's either they inflate their prices to match their inflated egos or the deflate it to appear humble.

Until Nollywood becomes structured like its foreign counterparts. ..I say avoid making lists like this (don't they get tired of looking stupid ) and stick to the whose yansh is Bigger type lists.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Iolo(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
These our journalists won't kill person. What sort of wuru wuru article are de feeding us. Avatar grossed over a billion $ same with tramsformers. And the actors and actresses involved are worth far less.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Abrantie: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Please quote amounts in US Dollars or Ghana Cedis so we non-Nigerians can have an idea. All this billions and millions of Naira makes my head spin because I know it's only a few thousand Cedis. grin
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by lawizle(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2012
Not even d obscene mercy Johnson nor nasty totoh decay could make d list...
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2012
Abrantie: Please quote amounts in US Dollars or Ghana Cedis so we non-Nigerians can have an idea. All this billions and millions of Naira makes my head spin because I know it's only a few thousand Cedis. grin

You miss road? undecided.....mtchw. ode
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Royals1st: 3:59am On Dec 16, 2012
Hey Tonto Dikeh ke that one na COKE she is not a STAR okay plus Tonto Dikeh na ashewo simple .
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by eduson77(m): 6:32am On Dec 16, 2012
[size=18pt]i no see these one's wey dey acquire latest jeep on the list..

wetin happen?
[/size]
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2012
eduson77: [size=18pt]am not seeing these one's wey dey acquire latest jeep on the list..

wetin happen?
[/size]

They are still "up and coming".lol
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by eduson77(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2012
they should learn from this..

stop acquiring liabilities and invest...

CFCfan:

They are still "up and coming".lol
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 16, 2012
eduson77: they should learn from this..

stop acquiring liabilities and invest...

Your profile gif is quite violent shocked
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by eduson77(m): 6:52am On Dec 16, 2012
grin

the kingdom of nairaland suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.
CFCfan:

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by ijebabe: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2012
CFCfan:

Really? I found it entertaining!

1 Like

Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by ijebabe: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2012
We know that keeping records is not something our country Nigeria is good at. Sun newspaper drew up there own analysis based on the movies and other profitable ventures these celebs are into. With no records they drew a picture of what they thought would be TRUE. I think they used the word assume.

If you must know the money made from box office sales do not go to the actors. I laughed at some people including crew as a viable candidate for more pay. Hold on, hahahaha! Their contract is over they ain't making anymore dimes through box office sales.

As far as I understood Sun Newspaper drew their conclusions and I think this is accepted even though not perfectly accurate. I don't know about you but I learnt a thing or 2 from this thread smiley
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by ghaniyu456: 10:54am On Dec 16, 2012
Mynd_44: Good. I am chosing my wife from this list. Can you also say which one is single? And how about Tonto Dikeh?
Mynd_44: Good. I am chosing my wife from this list. Can you also say which one is single? And how about Tonto Dikeh?
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 16, 2012
ijebabe: We know that keeping records is not something our country Nigeria is good at. Sun newspaper drew up there own analysis based on the movies and other profitable ventures these celebs are into. With no records they drew a picture of what they thought would be TRUE. I think they used the word assume.

If you must know the money made from box office sales do not go to the actors. I laughed at some people including crew as a viable candidate for more pay. Hold on, hahahaha! Their contract is over they ain't making anymore dimes through box office sales.

As far as I understood Sun Newspaper drew their conclusions and I think this is accepted even though not perfectly accurate. I don't know about you but I learnt a thing or 2 from this thread smiley

smiley
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by SisiKill1: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Well considering in most the cases (and I am being conservative because I would really like to say ALL) the actors also sign contracts stating how much they will be paid before the movie is made, using box office numbers to calculate what the actresses make still makes no sense.

There are two ways they will be entitled to the gross revenues....

1) They were also the producers (that is they invested money/created an avenue for money to be available for the production)

2) They signed a backend Deal - This is when an actor agrees to a little or no pay before the movie and gets a certain percentage of the box office returns. Actors enter this agreement when they think they have a blockbuster on their hands. And only major major major actors whose names alone on the make marquee is sure to draw crowd, can make deals like that.

Now Nollywood sentiment aside, do you see that kinda deal happening here? Which actress will sign a backend Deal in an erratic movie industry like ours? An industry that isn't properly regulated, where all the average Joe needs is a fast PC with DVD burner to make their copies of the movies for sale....which will in turn cut into the profit? I would call for a serious psych evaluation for any actor who agrees to a backend deal in this environment.

Since it is safe to conclude there were no backend deals in these cases and the actresses also serving as executive producers on the movies mentioned is just a slight possibility, then it is safer to conclude that this article is BS and has nothing important to impart.

Oh by the way, more often than not the crew works for the production company so yes their salaries can indeed be tied to the box office returns.

Another by the way, if it is obvious they don't have the right data to compile a list like this. ...why bother? Why make a foool of themselves just to feel among? Never heard the writer's name before so I obviously had no opinion of him/her but after this article. ...not only has he been brought to our consciousness. ...we can also opine that he is ignorant. What's that old saying again. ...rather be silent and be thought a fool than. ....well you get the point.
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by amber111: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
Even though I don't believe any of this,still be laughing @ all the braging our Tonto Dike makes,she can't even match these women,she nor even reach them
Re: The Richest Nollywood Actresses 2012 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Well considering in most the cases (and I am being conservative because I would really like to say ALL) the actors also sign contracts stating how much they will be paid before the movie is made, using box office numbers to calculate what the actresses make still makes no sense.

There are two ways they will be entitled to the gross revenues....

1) They were also the producers (that is they invested money/created an avenue for money to be available for the production)

2) They signed a backend Deal - This is when an actor agrees to a little or no pay before the movie and gets a certain percentage of the box office returns. Actors enter this agreement when they think they have a blockbuster on their hands. And only major major major actors whose names alone on the make marquee is sure to draw crowd, can make deals like that.

Now Nollywood sentiment aside, do you see that kinda deal happening here? Which actress will sign a backend Deal in an erratic movie industry like ours? An industry that isn't properly regulated, where all the average Joe needs is a fast PC with DVD burner to make their copies of the movies for sale....which will in turn cut into the profit? I would call for a serious psych evaluation for any actor who agrees to a backend deal in this environment.

Since it is safe to conclude there were no backend deals in these cases and the actresses also serving as executive producers on the movies mentioned is just a slight possibility, then it is safer to conclude that this article is BS and has nothing important to impart.

Oh by the way, more often than not the crew works for the production company so yes their salaries can indeed be tied to the box office returns.

Another by the way, if it is obvious they don't have the right data to compile a list like this. ...why bother? Why make a foool of themselves just to feel among? Never heard the writer's name before so I obviously had no opinion of him/her but after this article. ...not only has he been brought to our consciousness. ...we can also opine that he is ignorant. What's that old saying again. ...rather be silent and be thought a fool than. ....well you get the point.
Truth be told, those figures are outrageous and shouldn't be taken seriously because they are based on mere assumptions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Lady Shows Off Her Acrobatic Dance Skills At An Event (Video) / 81-Year-Old Oyinbo Woman Performs At 85fit Pole Stunt / Photo Of Nigeria's Tallest Man With His Wife During Their Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.