Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: (2755 Views)

3d Text Editing / Steps To Convert Image File; Text File To Pdf Using CorelDraw / Photoshop ::: Making A Scary Text ::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2006
i am dedicating this tutorial to the nairaland id icingbaby, and also for those id that begine with ice
Hot-angel i still do not forget you, you remain one in my mind out of many

Step 1:
Make a new document with a white background.
Go to file menu, select New (ctr+N). A dialog box appear
from the contents option, check on White then click on ok

Click the type tool (or Ctrl+t) and write your desired text in black.
i make used of Aria Black, font size 76

Step 2:
Select Layer > Rasterize > Layer

Step 3:
Merge the text image with the background image by hitting "Ctrl+E" Then go to Filter>Pixelate>Crystallize. Set the Cell Size as "4".

Step 4:
Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Enter 2.0 Then Go to Filter>Stylize>Find Edges.

Step 5a:
Go to Image>Adjustments>Invert (Ctrl+I).

Step 5b:
Then go to Image>Rotate Canvas>90° CW.  Then Filter>Stylize>Wind. (Make the method is "wind" and the direction is "from the right"wink ctrl + F to apply it twice

Step 6:
Go to Image>Rotate Canvas>90°CCW. (this should turn it back round so you'll know if its upside down!)

Step 7:
Then go to Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation (Ctrl+U). Check the "Colorize" option, and input these numbers.

Hue = 215
Saturation = 71
Lightness = 0

[center]Final Image:[/center]
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2006
nairaland memeber are not making me happy, you just view the graphic tutorial, and never make comment of it, you are killing the zeal in me to post more of this in this forum
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Rhodalyn(f): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2006
i cn see ya gud wit dis kinda tin! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2006
your comment is always out of point, well thanks for knowing such
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Zahymaka(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2006
Charlisco, your tutorials are always good -- it goes to show that we Deltans are the best grin. I lift some ideas from time to time but I always apply them in Fireworks -- I'm not really a Photoshop guy and have been having trouble installing it, simply because I can't find an installable copy.
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by diyobdw(f): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2006
charlisco:

nairaland memeber are not making me happy, you just view the graphic tutorial, and never make comment of it, you are killing the zeal in me to post more of this in this forum

dont let that get to you rembr this thread isnt undecided under jokes, romance or such hot topic. grin grin grin
But for those of us few photshop- pro- wanna bes.
any how appreicate whateva comment and silence u get we or let me say i am feel u. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink cheesy
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by nike4luv(f): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2006
sorry if u dont mind me askin i tried it but i had to use a note i dont knw how to place it on the white background. help pls?
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2006
nike4luv:

sorry if u don't mind me askin i tried it but i had to use a note i don't knw how to place it on the white background. help please?

Step 1:
Make a new document with a white background.
Go to file menu, select New (ctr+N). A dialog box appear
from the contents option, check on White then click on ok
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by nike4luv(f): 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2006
i got there already, am in step 1b, when i wanted to type in the text, i didnt type it directly into the new thing i was given a new window called 'pc user' it was like a note where i had to type into but my text didnt actually project unto my new white background

sorry am such a bother embarassed
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by hotangel2(f): 6:05am On Apr 25, 2006
I suck at this. MAJOR!

I like this tho, It's cute charlisco. Im still working on mine. I thinking is because im using Paint SHop and not Photo-shop.
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by diyobdw(f): 8:06am On Apr 25, 2006
How did i do? wink see u next class grin grin

Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by mmomi(f): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2006
@ Charlisco Thanks, I've saved it. I will try it immediately I install the CD.

@ Rhodalyn: Na waa ooo for you for that dancing a$$.

It's funny shaa but don't you think that your signature looks insultive. I know it doesn't concern me but for oneness sake ok.
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Mildred(f): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2006
@
Charliesco, i think u are da Bomb. I really love the tutorial u have been given. I pray that God will continue to increase ur wisdom, knowledge and understanding and he will strenghtens u more in all ur endeavours, smiley
All my love and care
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by finda: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2006
charlisco you are really good at this. i have been looking at your works for months now. i just wanted to ask, will this work for people that have photoimpact instead of photoshop?
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by finda: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2006
i have one more question,

pls how did you make your picture to move like that. i mean the picture on you profile. pls help me out and God will bless you.

i have photoimpact, i need to know the steps for it.
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by queen2(f): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2006
good one

I really want to know how to do this things, but because i dont know how, it looks boring undecided
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Rhodalyn(f): 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2006
mmomi:

@ Rhodalyn: Na waa ooo for you for that dancing a$$.

embarassed
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by mmomi(f): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2006
The APC (old drug) won't even cure the pain that bom bom will receive after that shaking grin grin
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Gamine(f): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2006
yeah thanks for that tutorial makes me wanna expand my mind, im in a photoshop pro in my own rights ill post smthing later
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by nightrider: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2006
cool tutorial, i did it . please post another one
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by WesleyanA(f): 2:02am On May 01, 2006
I know this isn't exactly an "icy text" but. . . I made it a long time ago (on photoshop) when she still use to come on here.  cry (kc makes them too)

Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by LoverBwoy(m): 12:40am On May 03, 2006
when im trying to invert>> step 5a,   angry angry angry

i think my text is not gettin attached to the paper

Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Scorpio(f): 10:36pm On May 06, 2006
charlisco:

your comment is always out of point, well thanks for knowing such
wikkid grin

Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2006
scopion what do you mean by wikkid
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Scorpio(f): 4:18pm On May 08, 2006
wikkid= wicked. n for d record, it's Scorpio not scorpion biko grin
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 11:49am On May 10, 2006
Scorpio:

wikkid grin

What make u think i am a wikkid guy, Scorpio? i will like to know
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by LoverBwoy(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2006
i think she mean wicked-wikkid as in, "nice one mate" , "great" "cheers"
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by Scorpio(f): 5:51am On May 11, 2006
LoverBwoy, thanks. Charlisco, LB's just explained wat i meant for ya, grin
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by adjain(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2007
Charlisco, keep it up, even if the nairalanders can't appreciate, I the kobolander can say thank you.
Please can you highlight the steps to Draw a cartoon character (Comic)?
Say cheese!!!
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by colors(f): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2007
HEY CHARLISCO. abeg i need to learn how to use photoshop very urgently. i dont know jack about it and i need it for work. i am also in warri abeg how we go see.
Re: Photoshop :::: Making An Icy Text :::: by charlisco(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2007
Well, i hve the cd that can teach you both photoshop and photopaint, you can reach me through this line 08051311885 or 65 Okumagba Avenue Opp Idama Hotel, Warri, Delta State, ask of Charles

(1) (Reply)

Meet Late Dora Akunyili Daughter, Njideka Akunyili Crosby: She Is A Painter / My Animation Channel. / Unusual Photos You Have To Look At Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.