Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? (2961 Views)

17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria / Dear Nairaland Family. . . . .how Do You Define A 'KRAY-KRAY'? / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Ejine(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Sorry guys, but am I the only one totally confused on what that thread is supposed to mean or what purpose it's supposed to serve?

https://www.nairaland.com/1114121/nairaland-online-reality-family-show

I'm saying this cuz I just logged in to find the thread by TGirl4Real on the frontpage; and reading through it, I just can't seem to make any sense out of it.
It also doesn't seem to help matters that TGirl4Real is the only one allowed post, flooding the page with inane information I sincerely doubt any upright human being wants to know

I used to think the 'Diary' section was invented for a reason and not just for the heck of it... But keeping up with the what-what and the who-who?
I just...I just don't get it, brah

Maybe there's something I missed somewhere... But could anyone be kind enough to explain what purpose the thread serves? Honest question

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
I am more confused than you undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by jmoore(m): 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
I think it is a fiction show
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by greatgod2012(f): 1:12am On Dec 13, 2012
Hhhmmmm.....
This is a forum, there are dozens of threads here, nobody forces anybody to read any thread, u have choices here as regards d threads to read and to post comments on. If u open a thread and it seems it doesnt make sense to u, close it and choose another thread, nobody crucify you for that. Even at home, when we are watching aTV programme, and it seems it doesnt make sense to us, we change d channel, the same thing is applicable here. While u dont see any sense in d thread, some see a lot of senses in it, that is life for you......"one man's food is another man's poison". That a thread does not make sense to you does noes mean it will not make sense to some other people. No offence meant, both to d poster and to Tgirl, im only being honest with here.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by cantell(m): 1:30am On Dec 13, 2012
^^He asked a question about a thread instead of you to answer, you wrote a meaningless epistle. Are you now T4realgirl's lawyer or what?
Why post on this thread when you can't answer his question?
Nawa for some people o!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Ejiné: Sorry guys, but am I the only one totally confused on what that thread is supposed to mean or what purpose it's supposed to serve?

https://www.nairaland.com/1114121/nairaland-online-reality-family-show

I'm saying this cuz I just logged in to find the thread by TGirl4Real on the frontpage; and reading through it, I just can't seem to make any sense out of it.
It also doesn't seem to help matters that TGirl4Real is the only one allowed post, flooding the page with inane information I sincerely doubt any upright human being wants to know

I used to think the 'Diary' section was invented for a reason and not just for the heck of it... But keeping up with the what-what and the who-who?
I just...I just don't get it, brah

Maybe there's something I missed somewhere... But could anyone be kind enough to explain what purpose the thread serves? Honest question

Read this thread to understand the origin and purpose of the locked thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1110924/family-section-reality-show-keeping
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by greatgod2012(f): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2012
cantell: ^^He asked a question about a thread instead of you to answer, you wrote a meaningless epistle. Are you now T4realgirl's lawyer or what?
Why post on this thread when you can't answer his question?
Nawa for some people o!

with due respect, i dont involve myself in e-fighting here, if only u will not be biased, u will see d answer to d thread in d post, u may need to re-read d post again and see what i mean. Personally, i dont like condemning other pple's work or idea, that is why i suggested that, if d thread does not make sense, it should be closed, and another one opened, instead of condemning d thread. I'm saying all these in good faith and no offence intended.
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Does it make any sense to you?

No! It doesn't make any sense to me. Just a quick one to fame as some people practically think they can be famous by displaying their family and lives on a public forum just like the kadershian.

I wonder how they sit to type all these long epistle instead of doing something useful with time.....it's a different thing to type and another to act!

But, I just flip through it, and since it doesn't make sense to me, I hit the back bottom. Shikena!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2012
Vikin: Does it make any sense to you?
No! It doesn't make any sense to me. Just a quick one to fame as some people practically think they can be famous by displaying their family and lives on a public forum just like the kadershian.

@bold, Abi?

No offence meant to the participants lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2012
Typical Nigerians . . . Bad belle no go kill us IJN Amen!

Can I just say that that thread (and indeed the family section) is NOT for everybody. If you don't like it, get lost. Nobody's begging you to read na . . . see me see wahala oh!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2012
fellis:

@bold, Abi?

No offence meant to the participants lipsrsealed

Such an irony. You agree to an insulting remark and then turn around to say 'no offence' . . . Oya none taken ni!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by zayhal(f): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2012
@OP
It's just a fun thread. Just like there are TV reality shows showcasing families, this one is a kind of on-line version. We do not have to take everything serious. Life in itself is complex enough so if some people decide to create some fun FOC, those interested partake and those who are not walk- by.

While I may not be able to partake in this kind of on-line show, I still admire the spirit and freedom of the thread starter and participants. It takes a comfortable person who's at peace with him/herself to engage in such.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by feminineA: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2012
A thread precedes that one you read. Will look for the link for better understanding. And I remember Tgirl asking for suggestions and ideas. Its just a thread to relax after a stressful day,
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2012
There is no need to be defensive or be rude..... this is just an opinionated thread just like the show in question. Lets not be sentimental about it and discuss like mature minds.

My own concern is showing pics of their kids on a public forum..... sick people everywhere and maybe the kids won't like it in future.

Also it's meant to be a reality show.... all the casts should welcome any criticism and not feel offended by anybody else's take,

and I feel people are taken back ( watchful/reserved) to freely ask some casts real questions rather than annoying jokes..... so I'm starting to get ticked off.... I still have my fav tho and I enjoy their show when their episode's up wink
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2012
And there's no need to be sly . . . You are either for or against, stop standing on one leg jor!
I'm sure parents know what is good for their own kids! Showing pictures is not mandatory on the show, it's optional!
this thread is not criticizing the show, it's calling it shallow and un-called for! It's either you agree with this OP or you don't!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan: And there's no need to be sly . . . You are either for or against, stop standing on one leg jor!
I'm sure parents know what is good for their own kids! Showing pictures is not mandatory on the show, it's optional!
this thread is not criticizing the show, it's calling it shallow and un-called for! It's either you agree with this OP or you don't!

How am I standing in one leg? About the kids , it's just a suggestion ofcourse they know what's good for them.

And I don't think it's your call to say a thread is uncalled far...... Last time I checked its a free world!

OP asked a question and I already gave my answer, are you aware of independent voters?; they are neither for or against a candidate.

I like the show , I just discussed my concerns up there..... read it again..... it's a reality show .... critics are allowed to share their opinions too!

See what I'm talking about getting ticked off?!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2012
I didn't say this thread is uncalled for oh (even though I think it is) . . . . I said this thread is insinuating the show is uncalled-for.

Me I don't like people like this OP and h/her followers who who sit on their high horse and judge people! If you no like the show, no watch am na . . . is it by force
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan: I didn't say this thread is uncalled for oh (even though I think it is) . . . . I said this thread is insinuating the show is uncalled-for.

Me I don't like people like this OP and h/her followers who who sit on their high horse and judge people! If you no like the show, no watch am na . . . is it by force

You just did AGAIN...... it's bleeding in your earlier posts if you don't know.... if you don't like this thread...no comment na abi na by force?! How does that feel Uju?
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

You just did AGAIN...... it's bleeding in your earlier posts if you don't know.... if you don't like this thread...no comment na abi na by force?! How does that feel Uju?

How does what feel
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Mrsmansson(f): 11:22am On Dec 13, 2012
Vikin: Does it make any sense to you?

I wonder how they sit to type all these long epistle instead of doing something useful with time.....it's a different thing to type and another to act!

But, I just flip through it, and since it doesn't make sense to me, I hit the back bottom. Shikena!
Joy killers.Enemies of progress.since you don't type such long epistle how much have you been able to achieve in your small life.why do you flip thru it @ all.just ignore since it doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

How does what feel

To Condemn .... now leave and let this thread thrive will ya?!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Mrs mansson:
Joy killers.Enemies of progress.since you don't type such long epistle how much have you been able to achieve in your small life.why do you flip thru it @ all.just ignore since it doesn't make sense.

My friend! Do I know you? U Berra face your tiny little life to your self and stop quoting me! I stated my opinion, why not state yours and hit the back button! For your info, I have achieved enough more than you ever imagine!

Mon.key! angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2012
Vikin:

My friend! Do I know you? U Berra face your tiny little life to your self and stop quoting me! I stated my opinion, why not state yours and hit the back button! For your info, I have achieved enough more than you ever imagine!

And just like that you just derailed your own thread! Now remove the monkey part or its done !
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

To Condemn .... now leave and let this thread thrive will ya?!

How will I know I was thinking you guys will be in a better position to answer that your question. Afterall you are the ones 'condemning' the show!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

How will I know I was thinking you guys will be in a better position to answer that your question. Afterall you are the ones 'condemning' the show!

Hehehe Uju!!! Ah I tire for una.... una well done o! steering your wheels the way you like... where have I stated I am condemning the show !

Don't worry I know you're hanging in there for your cohorts to wake up and boost your ego wink awwwww there there patience my dear wink
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2012
jidegirl12:

Hehehe Uju!!! Ah I tire for una.... una well done o! steering your wheels the way you like... where have I stated I am condemning the show !

Don't worry I know you're hanging in there for your cohorts to wake up and boost your ego wink awwwww there there patience my dear wink

Yes oh . . . cohorts come and boost my ego!
Like I said, stand by what you said and stop being sly . . . no need for big grammar!
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

Yes oh . . . cohorts come and boost my ego!
Like I said, stand by what you said and stop being sly . . . no need for big grammar!

Yep! Just hang in there .... I'm still in bed too , just putting the baby back in her crib.... they'll soon arrive..... To thrive the thread to page 20 wink
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2012
No need for them to make this thread thrive na. Even in your semi-sleep mood, you are doing a fine job already! cool
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 13, 2012
Na wa oh, the idea of the show was raised here, discussed and debated here, nominees selected here, some nominees graciously accepted, me I know I lack the time and commitment to post, plus we live very boring lives in my house. I applaud the courage of those who were open enough to invite us into their lives. I have not had time to go through the thread but I have read great reviews, this is the first time I am sitting in my office in weeks.
Truth for me is that, this idea was conceived and debated by a lot of us here, it is unfair to now accuse the people we nominated of publicizing their lives while no one raised any objections when it was being debated.
Having said that I believe you are entitled to your views as long as it doesn't mean cursing people nominated here who are bold and real enough to share their lives with us
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2012
Ujujoan: No need for them to make this thread thrive na. Even in your semi-sleep mood, you are doing a fine job already! cool

Awww ... I'm blushing! They'll do a good job you'll see wink just hang in there... **yawns**

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2012
I know English is our second language, but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible.

We don't need 'them', we've got you! cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Family Reality Show - Does It Make Any Sense? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2012
Debrief... Yep on your last paragraph and as long as they're respected ..... I don't see why critics can't talk.

Blogs and reviews videos are made all over the world about reality shows..... That's the most juicy part and like I've stated before being respectful....who knows where this show will lead to....

speaking of shows I don't want to let my cat out of the bag what I have in store for the cast wink cos of idea robbers grin

Vikin I think you just made your own blog/ review thread tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abusive Gay Relationship Help!! / He Lost His Marriage Certificate, How Can He Get Another One Or A Replacement? / SWEEGG!!! See Late Saudi Arabia's King And His 30 Wives (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.