Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

D'banj - Top Of The World - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj - Top Of The World (19581 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
funky medina: Its Official GHANA now rules African Music !! Dbanj dey force english ooo grin
how many international artiste can ghana boost of ghana ko ghana ni
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by ebeano(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
rubbish song
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by safarigirl(f): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
cyril83: actually I don't feel like quoting this but I can't just...pls what is it you don't like in that song or you just hate him personally? Coz most of you still keep ranting of him left don jazzy
first, I don't like the Asa feel to it, so not his style, second, I hate boring songs anyways so I would still feel blah bout it if this were an Asa song. I do not hate him personally, why should I hate him? He's not worth it, I just don't like his character. Must everyone like D'banj? Wetin? And the other koko monsters hounding me should please get jobs. Y'all are waiting for the almighty Safari's opinion, you get it and you have a p with it cos I'm not with the bandwagon? Una for ask your chairmen Airmark and Naturalwaves bout me. D'banj is just not doing stuff right and someone's gotta call him out. Would you buy that song? Can it be played in the club, in your car or even a party? No! It's crappy, it's a useless attempt at switching styles, and it's pathetic from the Koko master. Even Oyato was better. I wouldn't have replied you if you didn't sound so distraught, I shan't honor the other neanderthals with replies as they are unable to present valid arguements to why this song would sell. I will only reply Airmark and Naturalwaves when they ask....the rest, I know not. Visit Tomakint for more info
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
Certified a hit. D'Banj didn't go away but he is back. cool

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by rallymento(m): 11:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
muumuu: Rubbish song,nt typical dbanj style....#poo#.wtf is classic abt dis pshaun?
I am not impressed with D'banj and this song! I was expecting something mind-blowing from someone of his caliber
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by airmark(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
safarigirl: first, I don't like the Asa feel to it, so not his style, second, I hate boring songs anyways so I would still feel blah bout it if this were an Asa song. I do not hate him personally, why should I hate him? He's not worth it, I just don't like his character. Must everyone like D'banj? Wetin? And the other koko monsters hounding me should please get jobs. Y'all are waiting for the almighty Safari's opinion, you get it and you have a p with it cos I'm not with the bandwagon? Una for ask your chairmen Airmark and Naturalwaves bout me. D'banj is just not doing stuff right and someone's gotta call him out. Would you buy that song? Can it be played in the club, in your car or even a party? No! It's crappy, it's a useless attempt at switching styles, and it's pathetic from the Koko master. Even Oyato was better. I wouldn't have replied you if you didn't sound so distraught, I shan't honor the other neanderthals with replies as they are unable to present valid arguements to why this song would sell. I will only reply Airmark and Naturalwaves when they ask....the rest, I know not. Visit Tomakint for more info

As much as i like most of your intelligent comments on nl,your opinion on anything dbanj is always awful. They lack substance and lightweight. This particular song is an official theme song for the forthcoming African nation's cup.Do you think organisers, have no musical ears? You dont expect it in clubs. A theme music is written for a purpose/programme. This kind of song is meant for somewhere bigger - the stadium. That you said oyato was better than this, really cracked me up. Sony music could see the potentials in Dbanj and this particular track, hence they signed him. They know the industry more than you do, dearie.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by dejijohns(m): 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
muumuu: Rubbish song,nt typical dbanj style....#poo#.wtf is classic abt dis pshaun?
Frm dir name we ll knw dem...

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by chaotik(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
everyone is calling dis a classic

no one is really objective . . .

wats d genre of music to start with

the bridge has a feel of crunk and techno

the chorus . . . alternative rock

intro 808 kicks and snares

wat key was he singing on . . .can tell like 4

never bin so confused in ma entire life . . . i dont seem to know wat a classic is
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cyril83(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
airmark:

As much as i like most of your intelligent comments on nl,your opinion on anything dbanj is always awful. They lack substance and lightweight. This particular song is an official theme song for the forthcoming African nation's cup.Do you think organisers, have no musical ears? You dont expect it in clubs. A theme music is written for a purpose/programme. This kind of song is meant for somewhere bigger - the stadium. That you said oyato was better than this, really cracked me up. Sony music could see the potentials in Dbanj and this particular track, hence they signed him. They know the industry more than you do, dearie.
the song could still be rock in any club,don't they rock victory by rkelly in club? As for me i see nothing wrong about that song

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by chaotik(m): 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
airmark:

it takes more than just the music buh d brand hence d'banj is perfect

buh lyrical content and delivery . . . pls

music composition . . zero

tell me a more conscious, lyrical and to a large extent consistent artiste than sultan in nigeria (excludes 2baba for obvious reasons)

buh u dont see him anywhere or as an ambassador to any brand

its all abt sales and nothing with musical talent or prowess !!!
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cyril83(m): 11:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
safarigirl: first, I don't like the Asa feel to it, so not his style, second, I hate boring songs anyways so I would still feel blah bout it if this were an Asa song. I do not hate him personally, why should I hate him? He's not worth it, I just don't like his character. Must everyone like D'banj? Wetin? And the other koko monsters hounding me should please get jobs. Y'all are waiting for the almighty Safari's opinion, you get it and you have a p with it cos I'm not with the bandwagon? Una for ask your chairmen Airmark and Naturalwaves bout me. D'banj is just not doing stuff right and someone's gotta call him out. Would you buy that song? Can it be played in the club, in your car or even a party? No! It's crappy, it's a useless attempt at switching styles, and it's pathetic from the Koko master. Even Oyato was better. I wouldn't have replied you if you didn't sound so distraught, I shan't honor the other neanderthals with replies as they are unable to present valid arguements to why this song would sell. I will only reply Airmark and Naturalwaves when they ask....the rest, I know not. Visit Tomakint for more info
thank you...as for the style,musician change style or tunes atimes likes of p diddy,snoop these guyz are known for solo rap but atimes go into r$b besides this particular song was designed for nations cup holding in SA by january,boring aspect,my dear I dnt see any boredom attach to dat song and as for tomakint that guy is just a neonatal who knows nothing abt music but going crazy whenever he sees any good thing about dbanj...the song is cool tho

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by airmark(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
cyril83: the song could still be rock in any club,don't they rock victory by rkelly in club? As for me i see nothing wrong about that song
Ofcourse it could be rocked,and i could say this is the best song i heard from an african this year but compared to likes of kukere, gaga crazy and other thrash they play in naija clubs, do you think it will be top-notch?

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by airmark(m): 12:00am On Dec 14, 2012
chaotik:

If it's all about sales, then Dbanj is the best musical product in Africa. smiley

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cyril83(m): 12:09am On Dec 14, 2012
airmark:
Ofcourse it could be rocked,and i could say this is the best song i heard from an african this year but compared to likes of kukere, gaga crazy and other thrash they play in naija clubs, do you think it will be top-notch?
don't know yet,it all depends on his performance and comments he receives but for now d music is representing,they blast the song in most of our naija channels,pple r saying good things about the single I just don't know why nlanders choosed to rubbishhh him

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cyril83(m): 12:14am On Dec 14, 2012
chaotik:

it takes more than just the music buh d brand hence d'banj is perfect

buh lyrical content and delivery . . . pls

music composition . . zero

tell me a more conscious, lyrical and to a large extent consistent artiste than sultan in nigeria (excludes 2baba for obvious reasons)

buh u dont see him anywhere or as an ambassador to any brand

musical talent?...sorry bro how is it measured?...are you telling me dbanj got no skill or what?

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by cameronese(m): 1:38am On Dec 14, 2012
But why do DbANJ spend chunk of his earning on errand boys and self promotion? Its obvious this song is going nowhere, no matter the number of Nairaland employees praise singers he acquires!
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by EASY39(m): 2:31am On Dec 14, 2012
yamunla: Am dbanj..,you only have one life to live,if u're lucky then u might get two...''Am on top of the world...you gonna be proud..Ye O,Ye O........Looking back now,there is no regret..Moving forward...Wouldn't change a thing even if i could..Am stronger now....Wow...D'banj,Ski-banj,Eja-Nla,Capela,Mensah,Osinawata-buruogaraya1,Oooshee....haters(Marvin chicken,Don-Loya,wiz-pikin)...Dbanj no be una mate..#kapish#
God go punish all d haterd,the music be like My gods

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 14, 2012
kehinde salisu: enemy
blind fanatic
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by charles424(m): 7:28am On Dec 14, 2012
funky medina: Oh !! how the mighty have fallen. Dbanj go back to america dey jump like kangaroo for kanye video.
For correct african jams go to youtube and type *Aso* by Kwabena. The ghanaians have taken over !

Why don't u go back to where u belong?is it sudan or saudi?and stop this bad belle thing, has anyone in ur family lineage ever comes out to put nigeria on the music chat of the world like D'banj did? Just asking,,,God has already blessed kokomaster...so cool off

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Mikehell(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=ikelvin]Dbanj Iڪ a̶̲̥̅̊ miracle †̥o Nigeria
Neva †h̥ought dbanj can cum up with such a classical ̶̲̥̅̊ hit... Thumbz up

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Thermythorpe(f): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2012
kiss cheesy :oI can't believe dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ our very own D'banj oo kiss thumbs up!..

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by Mikehell(m): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2012
cameronese]But why do DbANJ spend chunk of his earning on errand boys and self promotion? Its obvious this song is going nowhere, no matter the number of Nairaland employees praise singers he acquires! [/quote]

Another candidate for the #team yaba left#̶̲̥̅̊
koko master̶̲̥̅̊ nyc1 joorh

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by safarigirl(f): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2012
@Airmark, it's an AFCON theme song? No wonder, AFCON theme songs never sell, I wasn't even aware they had theme songs. As for D'banj, maybe I didn't get the right link, cos I repeat, the song I got is bland, he should stick to his genre, not every artiste can be versatile. Tell your Koko monsters to leave me be, people's opinions vary. I didn't go about calling people names and screaming 'hater' at everyone who had a p with P-square's Alingo, hence, I should be accorded same treatment here. It's only D'banj's fans that resort to name-calling. It's only you and NW I can converse with a measure of civility with. Sweety, you know I'm no D'banj fan so....I even made an effort to like Bachelor to an extent, but this song ain't on ma playlist fo sho.
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by chaotik(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2012
cyril83: musical talent?...sorry bro how is it measured?...are you telling me dbanj got no skill or what?

Attitude YES . . . Skill MAYBE . . . Talent NO
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by dinachi(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2012
The problem many people have with Dbanj is becos of the Don jazzy hype. Don Jazzy die hard supporters expected Dbanj to fail when he left. Don Jazzy s promoters has gone to town with the tale that Don Jazzy made him but as the day goes by the truth is gradually coming out. infact we would never have known anybody like Don Jazzy if not for Dbanj. No producer has ever been projected to limelight the way the banj has projected Don Jazzy. For instance in all of Tu Face hit songs including African Queen, you dont hear anything about the producer, yet in all Dbanj songs, he hails Don Jazzy all the time. Again , since Dbanj left , Jazzy has not been able to produce any hit song, Solar Plexus was the greatest flop of the century. Truth is it was Dbanjs marketability that made Mo hits such a phenomenon. My advice to Don jazzy, get back to Dbanj before u loose everything, pride goes before a fall, ditch ur pride, get back to Dbanj on bended knees , iam sure he will forgive and may sign u up among his retinue of producers he has now. Dbanjs personality sells album.No matter how great a beat is it needs an exceptional artist to market it. Needless to say TOP OF THE WORLD is a confirmed hit. As for those using recharge cards from Don Jazzy to come here and say rubbish know that even your principal has given up, he now sells Loya Milk in Lagos!
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2012
dinachi: The problem many people have with Dbanj is becos of the Don jazzy hype. Don Jazzy die hard supporters expected Dbanj to fail when he left. Don Jazzy s promoters has gone to town with the tale that Don Jazzy made him but as the day goes by the truth is gradually coming out. infact we would never have known anybody like Don Jazzy if not for Dbanj. No producer has ever been projected to limelight the way the banj has projected Don Jazzy. For instance in all of Tu Face hit songs including African Queen, you dont hear anything about the producer, yet in all Dbanj songs, he hails Don Jazzy all the time. Again , since Dbanj left , Jazzy has not been able to produce any hit song, Solar Plexus was the greatest flop of the century. Truth is it was Dbanjs marketability that made Mo hits such a phenomenon. My advice to Don jazzy, get back to Dbanj before u loose everything, pride goes before a fall, ditch ur pride, get back to Dbanj on bended knees , iam sure he will forgive and may sign u up among his retinue of producers he has now. Dbanjs personality sells album.No matter how great a beat is it needs an exceptional artist to market it. Needless to say TOP OF THE WORLD is a confirmed hit. As for those using recharge cards from Don Jazzy to come here and say rubbish know that even your principal has given up, he now sells Loya Milk in Lagos!
WELL SAID BRO..100+Likes

2 Likes

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by blackmale1: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2012
playah P: First of all; the song is okay!

-d'banj didn't write this song... He's more like a puppet now!

- the smooth voice was achieved by passing the voice sample through several filters!!... I suspect there is also some guit fx on the voice!!... Notice he was slightly sounding like akon!!

Thank you sony!
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by otodeluxe(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
Shame on Don Jashhhh!!! Dbanj can still do even better without him.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by blackmale1: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
These dbanj crooners are doing his image more harm than good,picking on comments and throwing abuses at people will not improve the already dwindling appeal 4 his songs. People opinion should give his laptop guys the bigger picture.
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by BillyBayou: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nice one from DBANJI... Ȋ̊†'s O̶̲̥̅̊ka̶̲̥̅̊γ̲̣̣̥ †̥ call a spade a spade once in a while, regardless Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ƒ how biased we can βε̲̣ deep within, especially when Ȋ̊†'s as clear as d sky... Once again, DBANG! U̶̲̥̅̊ ® d MAN!

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by blackmale1: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
yamunla: all this epistle because of D'banj.. God Punish Unemployment..aaah..JONA why!!!!
This funny guy here sounds like dbang's kid broda!!! He's been picking on every comment and making a sorry mess of himself,so you think all this ur bad mouth will sell more record 4 ur bros!! sorry oh!! i get all dbang album till date but am not buying this one 4 sure!! GUY go and drink omo and bleach and soak urself in a cold bath tub of acid...jobless M.U.G.U tongue
Re: D'banj - Top Of The World by yamunla(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
black male:
This funny guy here sounds like dbang's kid broda!!! He's been picking on every comment and making a sorry mess of himself,so you think all this ur bad mouth will sell more record 4 ur bros!! sorry oh!! i get all dbang album till date but am not buying this one 4 sure!! GUY go and drink omo and bleach and soak urself in a cold bath tub of acid...jobless M.U.G.U tongue
D'prince..well done oOoooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel, EMPIRE - Cough (Official Video) / Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing / P-square-"do Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.