Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (208708 Views)

Poll: Tithe-paying is

An old-testament law: 55% (74 votes)
A new-testament requirement too: 44% (60 votes)
This poll has ended

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Anas09: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=50445497]Hmm, the gremlins have devoured it, perhaps grin grin grin
That will so much just make Image123's ''I told you so, to tithe'' day[/q
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MuttleyLaff: 11:24am On Oct 25, 2016
Anas09:

Pls sent yet again to XxxxxX@xxxxxx
I have to have you. cheesy
Sent as requested, now you can remove your email address from this thread
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Anas09: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Sent as requested, now you can remove your email address from this thread
That email address is not even complete, meaning i'll still not get your mail. Let me Pm u again.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MuttleyLaff: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Anas09:

That email address is not even complete, meaning i'll still not get your mail. Let me Pm u again.
I have responded to your PM email address. Check thoroughly all emails dropped, check spam folder and all
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by UnstoppableOla(m): 12:40am On Oct 26, 2016
Please explain to me why we are paying money as tithe,does the bible mentioned money in particular

kolaoloye:
@Segun'
THERE IS A RULE IN EVERY GAME. FOR INSTANCE, YOU DON`T USE HAND TO PLAY FOOTBALL.
THAT IS A FOWL. WHATEVER YOU GIVE TO THE LESS PRIVILEDGED COULD BE REFERRED
TO AS `OFFERING`, THAT IS NOT THITHE.
TITHE MUST BE PAID TO THE CHURCH. AFTER PAYING DON`T BOTHER URSELF ON HOW THE
MONEY IS BEEN SPENT.YOU HAVE FULFILLED YOUR OWN PART.
@Poster,
like i said b4, you can`t convince pple that have the knowledge of the last days.
I mean those that know their GOD indeed.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:18am On Oct 26, 2016
UnstoppableOla:
Please explain to me why we are paying money as tithe,does the bible mentioned money in particular

In order for a Christian to return God’s commanded tithe today, that Christian would have to:

a) be a physical descendant of Jacob. (Leviticus 27:34; Psalms 147:19-20)
b) be given a portion of the Promised Land by God as an inheritance. (Genesis 28:13-15)
c) live in the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 6:1-3; 12:1,10-11)
d) raise crops or breed livestock on that portion of the Promised Land he inherited (Leviticus 27:30-33)
e) take a tenth part of the crops raised and/or every tenth animal of the livestock to pass under a rod to a physical descendant of Levi in the farming communities (Numbers 18:24-26; Nehemiah 10:37-38)
f) be unfaithful to Jesus Christ (Romans 7:3-4)

Any attempt to tithe anything that is not agricultural; any attempt to tithe to anyone who is not a direct descendant of Levi; any attempt to tithe in any other geographic location than the Promised Land, is in direct contradiction to God’s word and would not be obeying God in the tithe..

God's commanded tithe was NEVER of the tither's monetary income.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by UnstoppableOla(m): 1:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Good but why are today's pastors collecting money as tithe?

MarkMiwerds:
In order for a Christian to return God’s commanded tithe today, that Christian would have to:

b) be given a portion of the Promised Land by God as an inheritance. (Genesis 28:13-15)
d) raise crops or breed livestock on that portion of the Promised Land he inherited (Leviticus 27:30-33)
e) take a tenth part of the crops raised and/or every tenth animal of the livestock to pass under a rod to a physical descendant of Levi in the farming communities (Numbers 18:24-26; Nehemiah 10:37-38)

Any attempt to tithe anything that is not agricultural to anyone who is not a direct descendant of Levi in any other geographic location than the Promised Land is in direct contradiction to God’s word and would not be obeying God in the tithe..

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by UnstoppableOla(m): 1:25am On Oct 26, 2016
Imagine if Mark Zuckersberg pays tithe every month?

MarkMiwerds:

Any attempt to tithe anything that is not agricultural; any attempt to tithe to anyone who is not a direct descendant of Levi; any attempt to tithe in any other geographic location than the Promised Land, is in direct contradiction to God’s word and would not be obeying God in the tithe..

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:08am On Oct 26, 2016
UnstoppableOla:
Good but why are today's pastors collecting money as tithe?

Because their god is their belly.

Jesus warned us of them in Matthew 7:15.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The word “ravening” in the verse above, is defined as “preying with rapacity.” Rapacity is “the practice of extorting or exacting by oppressive injustice.”

An interesting thought,… Jesus was warning His Apostle’s to beware of false prophets who would seem to be legit men of God, but were in reality, #extortioners.

Extortion: The obtaining of property from another, with his consent, induced by wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear, or under color of official right.

In our pulpits today, we have preachers who seem to be legit men of God, but are in reality, extortioners.

They will stand behind their pulpits and tell you that God requires you to #tithe your monetary income. And, no doubt, many who are #ignorant as to what is actually written in the word of God, will be led astray by the pastor’s deceit.

They will yield to the monetary tithe requirement lie, dropping either a check that represents 10% of their monetary income, or they will put 10% of their monetary income in the plate in the form of cash. Still many others, will use their credit cards or debit cards to “pay” the 10% that they are told God requires them to give to the House of God.

Those who do not study to show themselves approved by God have no idea they are actually being robbed. That their money is being extorted from them by #deceivers.

In the Bible, God’s holy tithe…

a) agricultural. Leviticus 27:30-33
b) was required of the children of Israel. Leviticus 27:34
c) was not to be observed in any geographical location other than the Promised Land. Deuteronomy 6:1-3; 12:1,10-11
d) was to be given to Levites, widows, orphans and foreigners in the Promised Land. Numbers 18:24-26; Deuteronomy 14:28-29; Nehemiah 10:37-38
e) was never commanded of Gentile nations. Psalms 147:19-20
f) was not to be imposed upon saved Gentiles. Acts 15:19-28
g) was still agricultural in the last place it was seen as a command in the Bible. Hebrews 7:5-9
h) was still the property of the sons of Levi in the last place it was seen as a command in the Bible. Hebrews 7:5-9

Given these irrefutable proofs in Scripture that God’s commanded tithe was never monetary, it is even more evident that the preachers of today, those who teach that God requires monetary tithes of the Body of Christ, are indeed ravening wolves.

They are extortioners.

The monetary tithe exists because of lies from the pulpits and ignorance in the pews.

5 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by UnstoppableOla(m): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2016
angry grin grin P R E A [/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]C H
MarkMiwerds:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The word “ravening” in the verse above, is defined as “preying with rapacity.” Rapacity is “the practice of extorting or exacting by oppressive injustice.”

An interesting thought,… Jesus was warning His Apostle’s to beware of false prophets who would seem to be legit men of God, but were in reality, #extortioners.

Extortion: The obtaining of property from another, with his consent, induced by wrongful use of actual or threatened force, violence, or fear, or under color of official right.

In our pulpits today, we have preachers who seem to be legit men of God, but are in reality, extortioners.

They will stand behind their pulpits and tell you that God requires you to #tithe your monetary income. And, no doubt, many who are #ignorant as to what is actually written in the word of God, will be led astray by the pastor’s deceit.

They will yield to the monetary tithe requirement lie, dropping either a check that represents 10% of their monetary income, or they will put 10% of their monetary income in the plate in the form of cash. Still many others, will use their credit cards or debit cards to “pay” the 10% that they are told God requires them to give to the House of God.

Those who do not study to show themselves approved by God have no idea they are actually being robbed. That their money is being extorted from them by #deceivers.

c) was not to be observed in any geographical location other than the Promised Land. Deuteronomy 6:1-3; 12:1,10-11
d) was to be given to Levites, widows, orphans and foreigners in the Promised Land. Numbers 18:24-26; Deuteronomy 14:28-29; Nehemiah 10:37-38
g) was still agricultural in the last place it was seen as a command in the Bible. Hebrews 7:5-9
h) was still the property of the sons of Levi in the last place it was seen as a command in the Bible. Hebrews 7:5-9

Given these irrefutable proofs in Scripture that God’s commanded tithe was never monetary, it is even more evident that the preachers of today, those who teach that God requires monetary tithes of the Body of Christ, are indeed ravening wolves.

They are extortioners.

The monetary tithe exists because of lies from the pulpits and ignorance in the pews.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 1:24am On Oct 28, 2016
The good news is spreading faster-thanks to you-Jesus also warned us in {1 Timothy 6:3-9} Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means of Gain, From such withdraw yourselves..
MarkMiwerds:

They are extortioners.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Image123(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Debunked pastorpreneur old wives' tale

But you are experiencing it na. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by EyeHateGod: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Anas09:
I still havent seen it. And i need you.
I need you too baby grin
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MuttleyLaff: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2016
Image123:
But you are experiencing it na. cheesy cheesy cheesy
You really are funny in what you've been writing about the devourer
and your ''make it up, as you go along'' interpretation of the Bible when writing about the devourer is comic relief

Devourers are pests (e.g. locusts, cankerworms, caterpillers, or palmerworms) that lick up grass of the field, eat crops and vines in the fields
No one encountered the devourer or experienced a devourer attack
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MuttleyLaff: 9:23am On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:
I need you too baby grin
Why do you hate God?

You need a relationship with God more
Her heavenly Father is God, so seek first God and His righteousness, then all things, including ''having the bae'' shall be added unto you
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:53am On Oct 30, 2016
According to the Bible, you should not be tithing unless you are a physical descendant of Jacob (Leviticus 27:34) who inherited land in Canaan (Deuteronomy 6:1-3; 12:1,10-11) on which you farm or raise livestock. (Leviticus 27:30-33)

Further, according to the Bible, you should not be tithing to the House of God unless you are a direct descendant of Israel's tribe of Levi. (Nehemiah 10:37-38)

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by EyeHateGod: 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Why do you hate God?

You need a relationship with God more
Her heavenly Father is God, so seek first God and His righteousness, then all things, including ''having the bae'' shall be added unto you
Are you New on NL?
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MuttleyLaff: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Are you New on NL?
No, not New on NL.
Back to the matter, so why you hating.
Why do you hate God?
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Image123:
Pay your tithes.There's no need to beat around the bush.Hebrews compares Christ to Melchizedek and says he is greater than the Levites.So today we pay our tithes to Christ and don't have to send it to Shiloh temple or to some Isreali rabbi
Abram's tithe was of war spoils,... not of his monetary income.
The children of Israel's tithe was of agricultural increase,... not of thei monetary income.

Question: Since there is no mention of a tithe of monetary income in the Bible, why should I believe the preacher who says God requires tithes of my monetary income?

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Princeboca12(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=KunleOshob post=1960030]The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

“And my people shall know the truth and the truth shall set them free” John 8:32

“ will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say where in have we robbed thee?  In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse for ye have robbed me even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store house and prove me now here with saith the lord of hosts if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing, that there would not be room enough to receive it” Malachi 3 : 8 – 10

The above quoted scripture is probably one of the most quoted scripture in the bible. Unfortunately it is being quoted out of context and used as a weapon of mass intimidation, manipulation, extortion, oppression, cajolery and outright lies and deceit by some church leaders to collect ten percent of the gross income of their church members who have been hoodwinked into believing that they are doing God’s will.
Before I go into the details of this discourse, I want to state categorically that I am a God loving, bible believing Christian who as the fear of God in his heart. I am also not writing this article to undermine any church or pastor but to let people realize the truth about tithes and remove the yoke of tithes being placed by some pastors upon them. I also want to state categorically that I strongly believe in giving to the church for the sole purpose of propagating God’s work and the Christian ministry. I would also continue to encourage all Christians to give their all to God as exemplified by the widow’s mite which Jesus Christ himself referred to in the bible.

Now back to Malachi 3 : 8 – 10, the first question one should ask is that who was this message directed at? The answer lies in the book of numbers 18 : 25 -28 which states that “the lord commanded Moses to say to the Levites when you receive from the Israelites the tithe that the lord gives you as your possession, you must present a tenth of it as a special contribution to the lord. This special contribution will be considered as the equivalent of the offering which the farmer makes of new grain and wine. In this way you would also present the special contribution which belongs to the lord from all the tithes which you receive from the Israelites. You are to give this special contribution for the lord to Aaron the priest” from the above it is clear that it was the Levites that were directed to pay a tithe of the tithe they collected from the Israelites to the priest who represents God and not the people of Israel. It was this Levites that were being referred to in the book of Malachi as those who rob God. A thorough study of the book of Malachi would reveal that in those days the Levites were collecting the tithe from the people of Israel and not remitting a tithe of it to the house of God, hence Malachi’s statement which is now being quoted out of context. To understand what tithes really means one would have to understand the social reasons and cultural / religious setting within which it was situated this concept of tithes was properly explained in the bible as stated in the laws of the tithe which can be found in the books of Leviticus 27 : 30 – 34, Numbers 18 : 25 – 31 and Deuteronomy 14 : 22 – 29. Upon reading this passages one would understand what tithes really means, but unfortunately most pastors prefer to neglect these passages that tell us the true meaning of tithes and emphasize on Malachi 3 : 8 - 10 which was directed to the Levites of that time to remit the priest’s share of the tithes they collected to him. It is worthy of note that Malachi does not even define what tithes is and how it should be paid. The definition of tithes as practiced today was manufactured by modern day pastors to suit their purpose as it is completely in contrast with what is in the bible and it only seeks to manipulate Christians to believe that God requests 10 per cent of their gross income from them.

So what is tithes and why did God request it be paid to the Levites? The answer can be found in the following passages : Leviticus 27 : 30 – 32 which states that “one tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit belongs to the lord. If a man wishes to buy back any of it he must pay the standard price plus an additional 20 per cent. One in every ten domestic animal belongs to the lord when the animals are counted, every tenth one belongs to the lord.”  And Deuteronomy 26 : 12 which states that “ every third year give the tithe a tenth of your crops to the Levites, the foreigners, the orphans and the widows, so that in every community they will have all they need to eat” The above quoted passages clearly tells

Read Matthew 23 vs 23 and then we t
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
Today I started to watch Jimmy Swaggate, I turned it off-as soon as he mentioned, Bring all your tithes to me.
More and more, everywhere we look-every TV channel we watch, it doesn't matter where we go-what Church we enter-pastor after Pastor preachers "Tithes.
Member after member-falling deeper and deeper-led by evil men and women, preaching there tithing lies, against God.
{Matthew 25:40} And the king will answer and say to them, "Assuredly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren-you did it to Me.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Almost ten years down the line and this thread is still exposing the truth about tithes and setting the tithe captives free. cheesy But the truth is that our several pastorpreneurs out there are not relenting on entrenching the tithe lie. It's just too lucrative for them to give it up even when it has been proven beyond any iota of doubt that the tithe doctrine as it is preached and practiced today has no sound basis in true Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 4:16am On Sep 12, 2017
I agree with you-but we just need one person at a time, I don't have a Church I can call home-I don't need a reason, but Churches these days are boring, Churches remind me of night clubs, both places aren't any different to the other, they both share in the cost.
The Churches are businesses-they aren't any different to the worldly businesses, everyone makes the buck, the Church these days are more focused on the numbers of people that bring in the cash flow every week, every Churches these day's are signed up with Government funding's, without them' the Church wouldn't support their schooling's nor studies, and other activities the Church brings forward.
People are lazy they believe everything the Pastors tell them-Christians have a lazy attitude to study their bibles, none test the word-nor the spirit behind it-the tithing lie isn't biblical, but it doesn't stop the pastors to be dishonest and collect a wager every week, "While the rest of the Church struggles to make ends meat.
Preachers are rising the stakes high-Pastors need money and plenty of it-there's a war going on between the rich and the poor, people believe Mammon will save the unsaved, Mammon has a completely wrong attitude towards God, it believes, one is saved under the health and wealth act, "While the poor believes Jesus saves..
Mammon is the Word faith movement of prosperity preachers, that caused the Churches to fall under the multi million dollar businesses, using God's Word for their own financial gain.{1 Timothy 6:3-5}
And many Christian have falling because of it.
{Matthew 8:20} "Jesus said: Foxes have holes, birds have nest, but I have no place to rest my head.
I had entered into "a" Church the other week, and I had asked, if they preach tithing, the lady at the door spoke to me and said yes, I told her it wasn't biblical-she told me it is biblical-I then said to her "What is biblical" you need to read your bible" she stopped for a second, put her head down to the side-and nodded up and down-without saying a word..
"The biblical message got through to her..
This is one of the biggest problems the Church has today, the preachers preach-the money, and every Sunday they preach again, if tithers read their bibles well enough to know the know, we wouldn't be sharing the truth to them, but instead the tithers are shown scriptures that sounds like-without testing the scriptures it is impossible for them to know, we can't worship God and mammon at the same time.
MrPristine:
Almost ten years down the line and this thread is still exposing the truth about tithes and setting the tithe captives free. cheesy But the truth is that our several pastorpreneurs out there are not relenting on entrenching the tithe lie. It's just too lucrative for them to give it up even when it has been proven beyond any iota of doubt that the tithe doctrine as it is preached and practiced today has no sound basis in true Christianity.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2017
brocab:
I agree with you-but we just need one person at a time, I don't have a Church I can call home-I don't need a reason, but Churches these days are boring, Churches remind me of night clubs, both places aren't any different to the other, they both share in the cost.
The Churches are businesses-they aren't any different to the worldly businesses, everyone makes the buck, the Church these days are more focused on the numbers of people that bring in the cash flow every week, every Churches these day's are signed up with Government funding's, without them' the Church wouldn't support their schooling's nor studies, and other activities the Church brings forward.
People are lazy they believe everything the Pastors tell them-Christians have a lazy attitude to study their bibles, none test the word-nor the spirit behind it-the tithing lie isn't biblical, but it doesn't stop the pastors to be dishonest and collect a wager every week, "While the rest of the Church struggles to make ends meat.
Preachers are rising the stakes high-Pastors need money and plenty of it-there's a war going on between the rich and the poor, people believe Mammon will save the unsaved, Mammon has a completely wrong attitude towards God, it believes, one is saved under the health and wealth act, "While the poor believes Jesus saves..
Mammon is the Word faith movement of prosperity preachers, that caused the Churches to fall under the multi million dollar businesses, using God's Word for their own financial gain.{1 Timothy 6:3-5}
And many Christian have falling because of it.
{Matthew 8:20} "Jesus said: Foxes have holes, birds have nest, but I have no place to rest my head.
I had entered into "a" Church the other week, and I had asked, if they preach tithing, the lady at the door spoke to me and said yes, I told her it wasn't biblical-she told me it is biblical-I then said to her "What is biblical" you need to read your bible" she stopped for a second, put her head down to the side-and nodded up and down-without saying a word..
"The biblical message got through to her..
This is one of the biggest problems the Church has today, the preachers preach-the money, and every Sunday they preach again, if tithers read their bibles well enough to know the know, we wouldn't be sharing the truth to them, but instead the tithers are shown scriptures that sounds like-without testing the scriptures it is impossible for them to know, we can't worship God and mammon at the same time.

The brain washing in this tithe scam is really massive. I once had a debate with a friend of mine on the tithe doctrine and I was able to show him with several evidences from scriptures that the tithe doctrine was just one huge institutionalized scam by some modern day churches. His response to me was what shocked me. He said that he agreed with all the points I raised since I was able to prove my points with scripture but he can't accept the fact that Adeboye (G.O) can tell a lie and that as long as Adeboye preaches it he will accept it as gospel truth. Evidently a lot of supposed Christians are worshipping their GOs and not the one true God.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
Great thread cool

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
brocab:
The tithers keep on using the story of Abraham, as a tool to help support their God to draw in a cash flow into the Church-these crazy stories are from tithers that don't study the Word Of God.
Abraham gave 10% to the high priest only because it was a custom to give the tithe, 10% of sheep goats and the first fruits of the harvest.
And then he gave everything else to the kings that didn't belong to Abraham. Everything!
Because Abraham knew none of it belonged to God, and of course it didn't belong to Abraham, God had blessed Abraham because Abraham believed God and worshipped God multiple times.

These days Churches are teaching the wrong messages, and people are receiving the wrong attitude, tithing 10% to retrieve 30, 60, 100 fold back guarantee.
Would tithers be like Abraham given all what He had, or would they keep a little just in case?
Itching ears
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
Image123:

You fit the saying that you can't teach a old dog new tricks. There's nothing like monetary tithe or any weird classification in the Bible. Bible speaks of tithes simply as a tenth. Abraham gave tithe of ALL. Nobody died.
I hope you have repented!
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 3:37am On Sep 15, 2017
Many are called-but few are chosen-we are all starting to see this verse more clearly everyday, Your friend and many others are led by the blind that leads the blind.
Christ warned us about these times to come, You sat with your friend-and gave him the scriptures, and word from word he agreed-and still your friend had turned his back on Christ, the world also turns its back on Christ, "these are Christians who belong to the world, and the world loves its own, and the world hears them.
We see this all the time so called Christians half believing and never coming to the truth-Jesus says we will know them by their fruit, many will be deceived by evil men, who are proud knowing nothing, causing disputes and arguments over words from which comes envy strife, reviling evil suspicions, useless wrangling of men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is the means of financial gain, Jesus said: from such withdraw from them. {1 Timothy 6:3-5} "But does anybody listen?
Its sad about your friend-bro-but we are now in these last days-not only our closes friends, but families are turning against the Word of God.
To be honest it is a lonely walk to be a believer in Christ-the numbers are climbing higher each day-Christians are falling away from Christ by the thousands-If I was to lay a number down on the table-I would say 87% out of a 100 Christians don't read their bibles, it is rare to hear people talk about Christ after a sermon, I have found Christians are more favourable about the worlds activities, than they are towards God.
Christians believe God is so far away, He can't hear us-Christians believe asking God for repentance and forgiveness is a sin, Christians are more lovers of themselves-rather then love one another, the world acts as Christians act.
I don't know Adeboye-but I have read little about him-he isn't any different to the other prosperity preachers on the raise-these men and women are just doing what Satan had told them to do, everyone has a choice bro-it doesn't matter what lies these people have said-and how they twist the bible-its up to those who are listening to them-and if people aren't reading their bibles-they will be deceived by evil men and impostors like these.
You and I don't follow-because we had a choice-we chose Christ "Your friend in the other hand chose the cash before Christ, he aren't any different to the next person who follows after these wolves in sheep clothing, and that's a fact bro' "We have choices-we are either to lazy to accept our responsibilities and read the Word of God-or we can go after the money, your friend chose the cash-nearly every Church I have walked into are all doing the same. "Mammon comes before God...
By their fruit we will know them..
MrPristine:

The brain washing in this tithe scam is really massive. I once had a debate with a friend of mine on the tithe doctrine and I was able to show him with several evidences from scriptures that the only tithe doctrine was just one huge institutionalized scam by some modern day churches. His response to me was what shocked me. He said that he agreed with all the points I raised since I was able to prove my points with scripture but he can't accept the fact that Adeboye (G.O) can tell a lie and that as long as Adeboye preaches it he will accept it as gospel truth. Evidently a lot of supposed Christians are worshipping their GOs and not the one true God.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
An2elect2:
I hope you have repented!

Repented of?
Read your signature carefully.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 5:30am On Sep 16, 2017
Brainwashing is one of the biggest things the Church rely upon.
I remember the days when I was ready to become a believer in Christ, the days the Lord accepted me into His Kingdom-the day's I wanted to learn about Him-and the day's I studied the bible, I remember the day's I started going to a Church-not knowing what to expect.
The first thing I was told by the Church was I must pay 10% tithes-I never understood the logic-why God calls people into His kingdom-to give us life, and then the Church "Not God" demands us to pay a weekly wage.
I would cry out to the Lord-and say to Him, Lord show me in Word where it says I need to pay tithes? As a young Christian I never understood the answer, but I pushed myself to know why the Lord called me into His Kingdom freely, and why His Church demands tithes unfreely, it took me some time to learn the scriptures, and it took me sometime to learn how God speaks to us, I retrieved the answer-God never said we were to pay tithes in the first place.
No where could I find that the Gentiles "Christians" paid tithes back then, nor do they today, Christians would give me {Malachi, Genesis and Matthew} to study, which tells us some Jews paid tithes, either from the spoils of war-or the Pharisees deceiving widows, or the Levites ripping of God, as the scriptures shows us-tithing causes disputes and arguments, evil suspicion-wrangling of men of corrupt minds who suppose the godliness is a means of financial gain.
"So why would God continual with the tithing system in this day and age, when it hadn't changed from the past?
If we were to ask a Jew today if they still pay tithes-their answer is "No, they say, it was a thing from the past.
But the question is, why do Christians believe tithing still stands, Jesus didn't pay tithes, because God never told Him to pay tithes.
Churches demanding money is actually doing us a lot of damages, people need God-they don't need pastors that teach this unbiblical money back guarantee.
{Matthew 6:26} Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow, nor do they reap-nor do they put into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them, are you not more valuable then these.
How much more valuable are people, and yet we don't sow, nor reap, nor put into barns and yet the Lord feeds us, He takes care of us, He said; ask and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open unto you, for "Everyone" that ask will receive.
Many Christians believe giving their first fruits tithe is a type of works that God will honor it 'with more Blessings then a none tither, do you not know the Lord Blesses us equally-No-one is Blessed more then the other.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
brocab:
Brainwashing is one of the biggest things the Church rely upon.
I remember the days when I was ready to become a believer in Christ, the days the Lord accepted me into His Kingdom-the day's I wanted to learn about Him-and the day's I studied the bible, I remember the day's I started going to a Church-not knowing what to expect.
The first thing I was told by the Church was I must pay 10% tithes-I never understood the logic-why God calls people into His kingdom-to give us life, and then the Church "Not God" demands us to pay a weekly wage.
I would cry out to the Lord-and say to Him, Lord show me in Word where it says I need to pay tithes? As a young Christian I never understood the answer, but I pushed myself to know why the Lord called me into His Kingdom freely, and why His Church demands tithes unfreely, it took me some time to learn the scriptures, and it took me sometime to learn how God speaks to us, I retrieved the answer-God never said we were to pay tithes in the first place.
No where could I find that the Gentiles "Christians" paid tithes back then, nor do they today, Christians would give me {Malachi, Genesis and Matthew} to study, which tells us some Jews paid tithes, either from the spoils of war-or the Pharisees deceiving widows, or the Levites ripping of God, as the scriptures shows us-tithing causes disputes and arguments, evil suspicion-wrangling of men of corrupt minds who suppose the godliness is a means of financial gain.
"So why would God continual with the tithing system in this day and age, when it hadn't changed from the past?
If we were to ask a Jew today if they still pay tithes-their answer is "No, they say, it was a thing from the past.
But the question is, why do Christians believe tithing still stands, Jesus didn't pay tithes, because God never told Him to pay tithes.
Churches demanding money is actually doing us a lot of damages, people need God-they don't need pastors that teach this unbiblical money back guarantee.
{Matthew 6:26} Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow, nor do they reap-nor do they put into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them, are you not more valuable then these.
How much more valuable are people, and yet we don't sow, nor reap, nor put into barns and yet the Lord feeds us, He takes care of us, He said; ask and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open unto you, for "Everyone" that ask will receive.
Many Christians believe giving their first fruits tithe is a type of works that God will honor it 'with more Blessings then a none tither, do you not know the Lord Blesses us equally-No-one is Blessed more then the other.

I feel you my brother, this fraudulent tithe doctrine is doing a lot of harm to Christianity. A lot of would be believers balk at the prospect of having to part with ten percent of their income once they accept Christ based on the false gospel preached to them. Which kind of god will demand money from you for you to believe in him? Definitely not the almighty God who created all things.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2017
Thanks brother, yes when tithing began it caused a lot of problems, and its causing problems now, but a tither won't ever read the scriptures that proves otherwise.
{Matthew 23} says it all, in {Matthew 23:23} a tithers greed towards man kind.
When we read the Word of God Jesus always had problems against the pharisee tithers, and again we have the same problems with them today, nothing had changed. No wonder God didn't tell Jesus to preach on tithing.
People come in all sizes, from all walks of life 'claiming they are Christian, some by good works, others became born again.
I don't call myself a Christian, as I did when I first came to Christ, I just followed the Church, It was when I found myself studying the Word of God, I found there is a large gap between the believers and Christians, no-one needs to be saved and still be called a Christian, we just need to look at religion to know that.
In every Church I could only find a small group of believers that loved the Lord, while the rest of the Church didn't, every Church I found had a price tag to it, some 30 fold, others 60, and most 100 fold money back guarantee.
I am sure we had spoken with many Christians over the years, I found with more then the few, none of them, born again Christians had ever heard a whisper from God, never had a dream, nor a vision, most of them never knew God speaks through the bible, many have never touch their bibles, nor had they read their bibles, many are afraid of their bibles, and what I found more shameful the Church relies on the pastor to read it for them.
No-one test the spirit, nor test the Word the pastor gives them, pastors are knowing to be wrong, this is a big risk to take, many are called but few are chosen, most Christians don't realise most of them won't even see the Lord, and if the pastor told the Church to jump of the bridge I suppose some people may realise it isn't the right thing to do, but most had already jumped.
This is where we come into the picture-we just need to keep spreading the Word out there, it only takes one man/woman to know the truth, and that truth could spread like wild fire through a multitude of tithers.
MrPristine:

I feel you my brother, this fraudulent tithe doctrine is doing a lot of harm to Christianity. A lot of would be believers balk at the prospect of having to part with ten percent of their income once they accept Christ based on the false gospel preached to them. Which kind of god will demand money from you for you to believe in him? Definitely not the almighty God who created all things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (40) (Reply)

Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.