Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (208567 Views)

Poll: Tithe-paying is

An old-testament law: 55% (74 votes)
A new-testament requirement too: 44% (60 votes)
This poll has ended

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2017
No I don't call myself a Christian, these days people from all walks of life call themselves Christians, it doesn't prove they are.
I myself am a believer in Christ-but you wouldn't recognise me, as one like you?
We don't have to beat around the bush but we both know we preach two different doctrines.
And if this man is your pastor-as you boast, than I suppose you wouldn't feel you need to read the scriptures, since you have this man on your team, It amazes me, why nearly every Church around the globe refuses {1 Timothy 6:3-5} that say's "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to Financial gain. Jesus then said: From such withdraw yourselves..
"Don't Christians ever read their bibles anymore, we believers do-God never preaches about tithing, God had always preached on giving.
{Matthew 6:21} Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
OLAADEGBU:

He is my pastor. Are you a Christian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fhLOHBLEI

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2017
brocab:
No I don't call myself a Christian, these days people from all walks of life call themselves Christians, it doesn't prove they are.
I myself am a believer in Christ-but you wouldn't recognise me, as one like you?
We don't have to beat around the bush but we both know we preach two different doctrines.
And if this man is your pastor-as you boast, than I suppose you wouldn't feel you need to read the scriptures, since you have this man on your team, It amazes me, why nearly every Church around the globe refuses {1 Timothy 6:3-5} that say's "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to Financial gain. Jesus then said: From such withdraw yourselves..
"Don't Christians ever read their bibles anymore, we believers do-God never preaches about tithing, God had always preached on giving.
{Matthew 6:21} Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fhLOHBLEI
@bold Imagine how mean people can be to themselves. If they can be weary of fake drugs why can't they be weary of false doctrines? One affects the physical health, the other the soul. This just tells you where these "Christians" eyes are at. They claim it's beyond here but when you get down with facts you will see how fixated to this world they are.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2017
Very true, I hope this make sense to you, but I remember the days, when I didn't listen to anybody, I learnt the hard way, and looking back now, I believe it was my best way.
Some people are good listeners, I wasn't, learning the hard way, helped me see what my life was, it took me through some pretty tough times, I actually seen my world at its worst.
Today I am a believer, and now I see two worlds, to be with God my world is now at its best, without God my world was at it's worst.
People are lazy, the world is lazy, it is another kingdom-Jesus said" His kingdom is not of this world, mental or physical health is to hard to comprehend, the world follows after its own kind, people would rather wait for the doctor or someone else they believe that could deal with their saturation, before they could.
Without a healthy mind, or a physical mind, and without the Word of God in the Church, then people are just worldly people without a kingdom. And sadly we are talking about Christians who haven't a clue, which way is right..
An2elect2:
@bold Imagine how mean people can be to themselves. If they can be weary of fake drugs why can't they be weary of false doctrines? One affects the physical health, the other the soul. This just tells you where these "Christians" eyes are at. They claim it's beyond here but when you get down with facts you will see how fixated to this world they are.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2017
An2elect2:

Succinct!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2017
brocab:
Very true, I hope this make sense to you, but I remember the days, when I didn't listen to anybody, I learnt the hard way, and looking back now, I believe it was my best way.
Some people are good listeners, I wasn't, learning the hard way, helped me see what my life was, it took me through some pretty tough times, I actually seen my world at its worst.
Today I am a believer, and now I see two worlds, to be with God my world is now at its best, without God my world was at it's worst.
People are lazy, the world is lazy, it is another kingdom-Jesus said" His kingdom is not of this world, mental or physical health is to hard to comprehend, the world follows after its own kind, people would rather wait for the doctor or someone else they believe that could deal with their saturation, before they could.
Without a healthy mind, or a physical mind, and without the Word of God in the Church, then people are just worldly people without a kingdom. And sadly we are talking about Christians who haven't a clue, which way is right..
Blessed are you!! smiley

I feel safer and have learned a lot outside the modern church. All because God showed me mercy. Grateful and proud of the few of you that would not bow to the church-god but stay faithful to God.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Thanks brother, the Lord brought you out of the Church structure-He will use you, like He uses us.
I remember a dream I had from the Lord, I seen thousands upon thousands of sheep walking one way down through the mountains, I knew I was one of them, it brought me back to {Ezekiel 34} the shepherds had stuttered the sheep into the mountains, and the lord brought us back.
Its been some time now since I have called a Church building home, I have learn so much about the Lord, then I ever learned from any Church structure, the doctrines are different, time and time again I manage to drop in a Church here and there, I don't like to be a judge, but in most cases the Church keeps on pushing the tithing messages across, most have the music rolling for that long, the Church doesn't hear enough of the Word of God.
In every Church there are always a small group of believers, like I was, we were always pushed to one side of the Church, that the Pastor doesn't know we existed, the pastors can only please those paying Christians, they believe that paying tithes will lead them to be with the Lord. Pastors that teach tithes are too frightened to preach the truth, they are afraid if the Church knew the truth, the Church will be empty.
Since I had left the Church, there's so much the learn, and its so simple to learn, once we get the hang of it, Jesus has millions of His followers just waiting for the day the Lord comes to separate the tares from the wheat...
It isn't easy bro, to be a believer in Christ, it is a lonely road to take, if one is willing? God separates us from the world, it isn't easy bro to stand as one man trying to preach the gospel to individuates inside or outside a Church, the Lord had given the pastors the road of responsibilities to carry His message through, but do they do it? "No".
Christians are more focused by their worldly Church structures, than they are focused on God, matter of fact many are less focused reading about the Word of God, but more focused on other books, that were written by men and women who claim they had seen God the angels, Heaven or Hell.
{"There's a story out there about a pastor who spent 90 minutes in Heaven, I thinks it's page 33" his book is different to his verbal testimony, in His book He didn't see the glory of the Lord, but in his testimony he seen it. This pastor lied and became rich.
"Another story about a young boy, went into heaven after having some sort of accident with his father, a book was written about how the boy seen the Lord, and how he spent time in Heaven, when the boy had growing to an certain age, he told his father to tell the world the story is a lie from the beginning, see it wasn't the boys story, but his fathers story, the father was a pastor that wanted his Church to grow-his story had made him rich.}

Books such as these is changing peoples hearts away from the Word of God, I have found it difficult to share the gospel to all sorts of Christians around the world, they would rather believe in the lie that someone else had written, than believe in the truth that God had written.
Over the years, I have asked many Christians if I could go with them to a bible study, I never received a call, I may be asked once in a blue moon to meet people at their Church, but I found most are looking for the numbers to tithe, then they are looking for the people that needs the Lord..
Television is full of Churches, the Word Faith Movement is one of the main attractions the world see's, these are a team of prosperity preachers, that most worldly Churches receives them with flying colours having their hearts full of gold.
{Matthew 6:24} We can't serve two masters, we can't serve God and Mammon at the same time.
[1 Timothy 6:3-5} Christians from all walks of life are more focused on men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to financial gain.
An2elect2:
Blessed are you!! smiley

I feel safer and have learned a lot outside the modern church. All because God showed me mercy. Grateful and proud of the few of you that would not bow to the church-god but stay faithful to God.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2017
brocab:
Thanks brother, the Lord brought you out of the Church structure-He will use you, like He uses us.
I remember a dream I had from the Lord, I seen thousands upon thousands of sheep walking one way down through the mountains, I knew I was one of them, it brought me back to {Ezekiel 34} the shepherds had stuttered the sheep into the mountains, and the lord brought us back.
Its been some time now since I have called a Church building home, I have learn so much about the Lord, then I ever learned from any Church structure, the doctrines are different, time and time again I manage to drop in a Church here and there, I don't like to be a judge, but in most cases the Church keeps on pushing the tithing messages across, most have the music rolling for that long, the Church doesn't hear enough of the Word of God.
In every Church there are always a small group of believers, like I was, we were always pushed to one side of the Church, that the Pastor doesn't know we existed, the pastors can only please those paying Christians, they believe that paying tithes will lead them to be with the Lord. Pastors that teach tithes are too frightened to preach the truth, they are afraid if the Church knew the truth, the Church will be empty.
Since I had left the Church, there's so much the learn, and its so simple to learn, once we get the hang of it, Jesus has millions of His followers just waiting for the day the Lord comes to separate the tares from the wheat...
It isn't easy bro, to be a believer in Christ, it is a lonely road to take, if one is willing? God separates us from the world, it isn't easy bro to stand as one man trying to preach the gospel to individuates inside or outside a Church, the Lord had given the pastors the road of responsibilities to carry His message through, but do they do it? "No".
Christians are more focused by their worldly Church structures, than they are focused on God, matter of fact many are less focused reading about the Word of God, but more focused on other books, that were written by men and women who claim they had seen God the angels, Heaven or Hell.
{"There's a story out there about a pastor who spent 90 minutes in Heaven, I thinks it's page 33" his book is different to his verbal testimony, in His book He didn't see the glory of the Lord, but in his testimony he seen it. This pastor lied and became rich.
"Another story about a young boy, went into heaven after having some sort of accident with his father, a book was written about how the boy seen the Lord, and how he spent time in Heaven, when the boy had growing to an certain age, he told his father to tell the world the story is a lie from the beginning, see it wasn't the boys story, but his fathers story, the father was a pastor that wanted his Church to grow-his story had made him rich.}

Books such as these is changing peoples hearts away from the Word of God, I have found it difficult to share the gospel to all sorts of Christians around the world, they would rather believe in the lie that someone else had written, than believe in the truth that God had written.
Over the years, I have asked many Christians if I could go with them to a bible study, I never received a call, I may be asked once in a blue moon to meet people at their Church, but I found most are looking for the numbers to tithe, then they are looking for the people that needs the Lord..
Television is full of Churches, the Word Faith Movement is one of the main attractions the world see's, these are a team of prosperity preachers, that most worldly Churches receives them with flying colours having their hearts full of gold.
{Matthew 6:24} We can't serve two masters, we can't serve God and Mammon at the same time.
[1 Timothy 6:3-5} Christians from all walks of life are more focused on men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to financial gain.
The Lord said people won't hear Him because they are not part of His sheep. The only way this would be is when His word is unpleasant to natural men. Amazes me that people cannot see how real those words are but are however confirming them through their false beliefs and refusal to obey the truth.

That "heaven and hell, new revelation" stories are they most annoying. People are so quick to believe them because they tell them these are the things to do and not to do, it gives them a sense of power over their lives, their salvation rather than submit to the Word of God.

And true, from all walks of life we have gullible people knowingly or ignorantly submitting to men rather than to God. I believe some of them are sheep and the Lord is using us to open their eyes. May the Lord continue to keep us and strengthen us to overcome.

I am a sister tho!

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 3:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Ok sister I will keep that in mind-I remember-after the sermons Churches would preach a good message, people had a positive attitude towards there day ahead, things have changed, these days I have tried and talk with others about today's message, no-one seems interested, and most people are watching the stage, but their thoughts are elsewhere.
I suppose this is why the Lord takes people out of Church-we don't get fed anymore, most of us are seeking the Lord in our homes, not even the pastors in Church are focused on God, the latest news pastors around the globe are voting for Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve, they preach the tithing message for that long, people are sick of hearing it, to be honest the Church is falling away, the Church structure tells the story, nearly every Church-Hill songs show signs of the Illuminati, they display dirty dancing, where's the message-10 minutes the tithing message, 15 minutes about the Church activities, and 5 minutes of nothing.
Where was the sermon, what was the message? Cant people see, God is not in their house, and they won't find God anywhere with this sort of attitude the Church displays, so the Church don't feed the flock, then what, do we expect the Church to be with the Lord, are they expecting the rapture to come soon, Jesus said: many are called, but few are chosen, are people listening? Are the pastors like Governments, puppets on a string.
Does the Church need to display their riches, their over rated tax free businesses of night clubs, live music, Coffee clubs, their food industries, their buying and selling books, C/D's DVD's collecting tithes and offerings, funding's and finances, "do they need to display the rich as they sit above wearing their costly clothing displaying their riches with pride, while the poor sits hungry and in rags below, is this the Church we seek after.
The Churches are Old testament temples, that uses the Abraham story, full of riches, an old custom to pay the high priest the tithe every year, while everything else was giving to the kings, Temples that buy and sell products of books, collecting tithes and offerings and donations, they buy homes, land, slavery, life stock, and other merchandise was brought for a price and sold, while the rich become richer, and the poor become poorer..
{Matthew 21:13} Jesus said: His house is a house of prayer, not a den of thieves.
The Church has forgotten what the House of God is, without the proper teaching people won't see Christ mentally, physically, spirituality nor naturally, nor will they know it is the Word of God, because the heart of the Church is made of stone.
Slowly but surely, God will deliver His people to safety..
An2elect2:
The Lord said people won't hear Him because they are not part of His sheep. The only way this would be is when His word is unpleasant to natural men. Amazes me that people cannot see how real those words are but are however confirming them through their false beliefs and refusal to obey the truth.

That "heaven and hell, new revelation" stories are they most annoying. People are so quick to believe them because they tell them these are the things to do and not to do, it gives them a sense of power over their lives, their salvation rather than submit to the Word of God.

And true, from all walks of life we have gullible people knowingly or ignorantly submitting to men rather than to God. I believe some of them are sheep and the Lord is using us to open their eyes. May the Lord continue to keep us and strengthen us to overcome.

I am a sister tho!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
Times have changed, Jesus said: we can concern summer is near, but we can't concern the end times. {Mark 13:27-29}
We see the times are coming from all directions, we see our families, friends are turning against us, we see more violent's on the streets, we see mass shooters on top of buildings, we see rioting in our neighbourhoods.
{Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21} Jesus warned us these times are coming.
I will share a short story.
One day a thief had watched a couple enjoying their day out away from their house, the thief decided to break through their window, and a parrot was in his cage, said: I can see you, and Jesus can see you too, the thief didn't pay any attention to the parrot, and he continualed to break through the window, the parrot said again I can see you, and Jesus can see you too, the thief managed to get inside the house, brushing himself of with the glass, the parrot said I can see you, and Jesus can see you too, get him Jesus, the large dog was named Jesus, and he mould the man to pieces, and the man flew out of the window and was never seen again.
This is the Jesus the Church would caste out, but does the Church realise a fathers heart would discipline his own, a rebellious Child would be devastated when his father throws him into outer darkness into prison to spend eternity.
Doesn't the Church realise we are His children, our rebellious hearts towards Him, will cause Him to caste us into outer darkness with the father of lies and wonders, the love of the Fathers heart will disciplines His Children, a rebellious Child hates His Father, your false teachings, your false doctrines, and your false salvation's, will be caste out to spend eternity with the devil.
Many are called, but few are chosen, are we seeking the Lord, praying, are we watchmen watching the times, Jesus said: Heaven and Earth will pass away, but My Word will never pass away.
Meaning the world is coming to its end, doesn't the Church realise the believers are looking inside the Church, instead of looking outside one.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by An2elect2(f): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2017
brocab:
Ok sister I will keep that in mind-I remember-after the sermons Churches would preach a good message, people had a positive attitude towards there day ahead, things have changed, these days I have tried and talk with others about today's message, no-one seems interested, and most people are watching the stage, but their thoughts are elsewhere.
I suppose this is why the Lord takes people out of Church-we don't get fed anymore, most of us are seeking the Lord in our homes, not even the pastors in Church are focused on God, the latest news pastors around the globe are voting for Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve, they preach the tithing message for that long, people are sick of hearing it, to be honest the Church is falling away, the Church structure tells the story, nearly every Church-Hill songs show signs of the Illuminati, they display dirty dancing, where's the message-10 minutes the tithing message, 15 minutes about the Church activities, and 5 minutes of nothing.
Where was the sermon, what was the message? Cant people see, God is not in their house, and they won't find God anywhere with this sort of attitude the Church displays, so the Church don't feed the flock, then what, do we expect the Church to be with the Lord, are they expecting the rapture to come soon, Jesus said: many are called, but few are chosen, are people listening? Are the pastors like Governments, puppets on a string.
Does the Church need to display their riches, their over rated tax free businesses of night clubs, live music, Coffee clubs, their food industries, their buying and selling books, C/D's DVD's collecting tithes and offerings, funding's and finances, "do they need to display the rich as they sit above wearing their costly clothing displaying their riches with pride, while the poor sits hungry and in rags below, is this the Church we seek after.
The Churches are Old testament temples, that uses the Abraham story, full of riches, an old custom to pay the high priest the tithe every year, while everything else was giving to the kings, Temples that buy and sell products of books, collecting tithes and offerings and donations, they buy homes, land, slavery, life stock, and other merchandise was brought for a price and sold, while the rich become richer, and the poor become poorer..
{Matthew 21:13} Jesus said: His house is a house of prayer, not a den of thieves.
The Church has forgotten what the House of God is, without the proper teaching people won't see Christ mentally, physically, spirituality nor naturally, nor will they know it is the Word of God, because the heart of the Church is made of stone.
Slowly but surely, God will deliver His people to safety..
Amen!!!
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
Who has watched @daddyfreeze viral video were he exposed the tithe scam? More and more Nigerians are coming to the knowledge of truth about this institutionalized fraud.
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Goshen360(m): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
MrPristine:
Who has watched @daddyfreeze viral video were he exposed the tithe scam? More and more Nigerians are coming to the knowledge of truth about this institutionalized fraud.

I did....I'm trying to get the video now online and post here....it's was sent to me on whatsapp though. But lemme look for it on YouTube if I can find it

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Goshen360(m): 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2017
Good video, the non tither is speaking from his heart, by the looks of the listener she isn't genuine, matter of fact she isn't concerned about him, if she is a Church goer she will continual to tithe.
Most tithers call themselves Christians, either they believe it or not, they will pay tithes until the sun go's down, because they don't know anything else, they are taught this way, it wouldn't matter how the bible produces the Word of God, most tithers are not readers.
Pastors that preachers sermons on tithes will always have a stronger influence over them, because like a child they were never taught the basic's between the light and the darkness.
Goshen360:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPjBzau_W8

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Topgainer: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Goshen360:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPjBzau_W8
This deserves a thread of its own.
First time I hear the OAP Freeze speak. Can you imagine someone seemingly worldly and a celeb class having such wisdom to search the Bible for truth therein. Whereas most of the 'Church goers and members' especially the Pentecoastal gangsters find it hard to speak sense. Papa Daddy said this and that which most times are at variance with sound Christian doctrine is all they wail like robots. The church industries of Papa Daddies are there for serious business of selling hope and enslaving as many as they get to brainwash. I think God is in the business of exposing Robbers with Bible and wolves in sheep yards. Many people are beginning to see the CEOs of Church Ltd for who they are because there has been reports of decline in the tithe revenues of most of the Prosperity Companies Ltd not because of recession but because people are beginning to see the façade.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Topgainer:

This deserves a thread of its own.
First time I hear the OAP Freeze speak. Can you imagine someone seemingly worldly and a celeb class having such wisdom to search the Bible for truth therein. Whereas most of the 'Church goers and members' especially the Pentecoastal gangsters find it hard to speak sense. Papa Daddy said this and that which most times are at variance with sound Christian doctrine is all they wail like robots. The church industries of Papa Daddies are there for serious business of selling hope and enslaving as many as they get to brainwash. I think God is in the business of exposing Robbers with Bible and wolves in sheep yards. Many people are beginning to see the CEOs of Church Ltd for who they are because there has been reports of decline in the tithe revenues of most of the Prosperity Companies Ltd not because of recession but because people are beginning to see the façade.

The video will definitely do a lot of damage to the tithe scam in Nigeria. He quoted a lot of bible verses that most Christians were not aware of that proves the modern day tithe doctrine to be a scam. A lot of Christians will certainly be asking their pastors loads of questions based on those verses and I can assure you from experience that they won't have any answer but to attempt to obfuscate the bible further. I mean how can a pastor explain away a clearly written verse in the bible that says you can use your tithe to drink beer � grin

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 3:14am On Oct 07, 2017
Not only in Nigeria, Prosperity pimps are everywhere, every church has one, they all collect the cash, either it's through tithing, or through selling DVD's C/D's Books etc, every church operates the same way.
To be honest, I have met only one pastor that is straight to the core, the rest of the pastors teach the same "Mammon" just as good as the next pastor, pastors can't be pastors unless they fall into the same condemnation as the Church falls, if a pastor preached against the Church of man, he/she wouldn't be a pastor for to long.
It's simple bro, tithers won't ask their pastors anything, because tithers are not open to any video that denies their belief. And besides pastors will only twist and turn the scriptures, just like they have done, all along.
After I was saved, I never understood tithing, it was the Church that told me tithing was God's custom, but to be honest it was never in my heart to tithe, only because nothing made any sense.
It was because I cried out unto the Lord one evening, He showed me through Word, tithing is not for Him, and now when I open my bible, 'it's everywhere, and besides Jesus always had problems with the tithers, {Matthew 23} tells the story..
MrPristine:

The video will definitely do a lot of damage to the tithe scam in Nigeria. He quoted a lot of bible verses that most Christians were not aware of that proves the modern day tithe doctrine to be a scam. A lot of Christians will certainly be asking their pastors loads of questions based on those verses and I can assure you from experience that they won't have any answer but to attempt to obfuscate the bible further. I mean how can a pastor explain away a clearly written verse in the bible that says you can use your tithe to drink beer � grin

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
{2 Corinthians 11:7-9} Paul wrote and said: Did I commit sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you free of charge?
I robbed other churches taking wages from them to minister to you.
And when I am present with you, and in need, I was a burden to no-one, for what I lacked the brethren who come from Macedonia supplied.
And in everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you.
Even the apostle Paul is against pastors taking wages to minister to you, If we were to preach the gospel, lets do it free of charge, like Paul did, and the rest of the apostles who preach the gospel of Christ freely.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
I was listening to Jimmy Swaggart with his son last night, he preaches against prosperity pimps, and than turns around asking for $5000 from everyone to invest in books getting one free of charge 'his say, how we should connect to God, plus Jimmy Swaggart had written a study bible, selling each $1000.
It just shows how these Prosperity preachers work across the globe, the Televisions are flooded with idea's to gain a financial wage. Jesus said: get out of My Fathers house, this is a house of prayer. It doesn't matter how the truth sounds, there will always be someone out there that disobey's the Word of God and chooses to rip off millions. "And you that tithe, walk away, Jesus had told you to walk away.{1 Timothy 6:3-5}
Of cause no-one seems to mention the bible, there's no price given on that, if people read the bible more, instead of relying on other books, they will know there is only one way into the kingdom of God..
Prosperity pimps are everywhere, either they preach the tithing sermon or they are selling books C/D's DVD's-giving us false literature how we should understand, how they think how we should reach out to God without reading the bible.
Most of these books are written by pastors-who now believe Jesus is not the only way into Heaven, pastors that believe homosexual marriage is the right thing to vote for, pastors believe taking the mark of the beast is God's call.
One of the many books sold in Christian book stores around the globe is called The Wicca, by Gerald Gardener, this book holds pagan beliefs of witchcraft, and many have falling for it, the "Shack" by William P Young, is another best seller in stores across the globe, these men haven't the slightest idea who God is, but without a care Christian book stores are allowing these prosperity preachers sell their books that's leading thousands of believers away from the truth.
{2 Thessalonians 2:9-12} The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusions, that they should believe the lie, that they all maybe condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Prosperity is knocking on our doors, Christians are more focus on pleasures of unrighteousness, then they are focused on their bibles that is safely hidden in the closet.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
brocab:
{2 Corinthians 11:7-9} Paul wrote and said: Did I commit sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you free of charge?
I robbed other churches taking wages from them to minister to you.
And when I am present with you, and in need, I was a burden to no-one, for what I lacked the brethren who come from Macedonia supplied.
And in everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you.
Even the apostle Paul is against pastors taking wages to minister to you, If we were to preach the gospel, lets do it free of charge, like Paul did, and the rest of the apostles who preach the gospel of Christ freely.

Truth is that more and more pastors are coming out vocally against the tithe doctrine and admitting that it has no sound basis in true Christianity. It's just a matter of time when it will reach a critical mass of pastors preaching against the false doctrine and the tithing scam will be exposed for what it is. Of course the tithe merchants will fight back to protect their source of filthy lucre but the weight of evidence will surely be against them.

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
To be honest I have also seen little changers inside Churches, instead of asking for tithes and offerings, they ask for gifts and offerings..
It isn't always the pastors fault, in Church we always seem to find the rich and the famous, people that believe without Mammon nothing can be organised, pastors are servants, and they are here to serve, where there's work, there's always a boss, and under the boss, there are foremen's and then the workers-without Mammon they couldn't run any business.
So it isn't always the pastors fault, they are workers, working for a business boss, if the pastor looses his job, he looses his soul.
I was talking with a friend recently, he told me, he over heard a conversation at his Church-his pastor and the pastors wife earns over $300.000 a year, their preaching tactic's pleases the rich so well..
Not even a hard worker in a factory can earn money as good as that, most people are struggling each week, let alone those who are out of work, and a pastor who preaches for 1 hour in a one day sermon can turn over 2 to $3000, the much larger Churches earn tipple that.
Remember the rich mans story {Luke 18:22} Jesus said: you still lack one thing, sell everything you have and give it to the poor and come follow Me. "The rich man walked away sorrowful.
Do you believe a rich pastor, will give up his job, give up his Church for God, give up everything and give it to the poor and follow Christ.
He wouldn't be able to survive on his own, his pride will get in his way, fear will come upon him, and the Church wouldn't accept him, it isn't easy loosing a good paying job, especially having a yearly wage of $150.000 a year.
God can change everybody, but God had given us choices too, to be honest this will surely be a testing point for any pastor, the problem is most Churches around the globe are hooked up with the word faith movement, the teams of prosperity, if anyone was going to change their teachings, it wouldn't be the larger Churches, their pride will get in their way, the smaller Churches I believe would change and repent.
These are the Churches that holds the very few true believers, I remember walking into one Church, the pastor refused to preach tithes and offerings, he knew from the start it wasn't biblical, his Church is more like a home Church that calls in the young that God called into existence.
Haven't you noticed most believers are looking inside a Church, not looking out of one.
MrPristine:

Truth is that more and more pastors are coming out vocally against the tithe doctrine and admitting that it has no sound basis in true Christianity. It's just a matter of time when it will reach a critical mass of pastors preaching against the false doctrine and the tithing scam will be exposed for what it is. Of course the tithe merchants will fight back to protect their source of filthy lucre but the weight of evidence will surely be against them.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
A cheerful giver doesn't mean it belongs to the pastor, when the pastor feels he needs to stand up every week from the pulpit asking for tithes, it proves "TITHES DOES NOT BELONG TO A PASTOR.. "TITHES BELONG TO THE POOR. These men are unstable, and it proves there's no trust between a pastor and his Church.
These days we understand the Church stands fern psychically, but mentally-its foundations are unreliable, untrusted unstable, men begging like animals, this must satisfy their souls, "Will I rob God.
Jesus said: we are to be a cheerful giver, and I am...the Lord blesses me, as I give, a percentage doesn't enter into my mind, meaning stop relying on your pastors to give as little as 10% for you.
{Luke 14:14} Jesus said: give to those who can't pay you back, "As proven Pastors collect tithes for their personal financial gain, most pastors are takers, not givers, spending tithes on their own pleasures "buying fancy Cars, Mega Churches and homes, living the life style of the rich and the famous, while in Africa the poor stays poor, living the tithing lie-in ruins waiting to die of hunger..
{Matthew 25:35-40} Jesus said: For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.
Then the righteous will answer Him saying, "Lord" when did we see You hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give You drink, when did we see You a stranger and take You in, and clothed You, or when did we see You sick, or in prison to come to You?
And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly" I say to you, inasmuch as you did it too one of the least, you did to Me.'
Naira say's I paid my tithes, and I am a stranger and no-one took me in, I paid my tithes, I am hungry and no-one gave me food, I paid my tithes, I am thirsty and no-one gave me drink, I paid my tithes, now I am sick and no-one visited me, I paid my tithes, I was in prison and no-one came to me, then my pastor said to me, be warm my son, God is with you, and sent me away empty handed.
'And the Church of Naira say's, Blessed are the poor, who didn't receive. "Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by MrPristine: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
As the tithe debacle becomes a national debate, now will be a good time to refresh this thread. smiley
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Have you any idea's in mind, I was talking to a pastor yesterday "live' preaching tithes-he doesn't see himself as a prosperity preacher, to be honest His heart had never agreed on tithing-but because of his Church he must preach tithes on the pulpit.
The pastor quoted {Mark 12:17} Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.
The pastor is taught "giving to Caesar belongs to Caesar, and giving to God belongs to God "money, I told him, giving back to Caesar was about ownership, the picture on the coin belongs to Caesar, and what belongs to God is His image, we belong to God..
He never argued the point, he understood clearly, but sadly he preach tithing because the Church expects him to preach it.
Honesty having treads like this-is reaching out to every nation, these treads have helped me learn more about the Word of God. God's using people like us to share His Word across the net, and the net reaches out to every nation, and with Christian forums such as these, we are all learning everyday.
MrPristine:
As the tithe debacle becomes a national debate, now will be a good time to refresh this thread. smiley

1 Like

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
Men and women on drugs, drink, porn, and everything else that follows, these are prayed for..
It's the Church that needs our prayers, believers in Christ who have one foot in the door, and the other in the world, Christians that come to Church on Sunday, who does bible studies and fits in with the crowd are the ones that needs our prayers.
Young people coming to Christ-because mummy and daddy are Christians, they say to their Children, which way would you prefer, to be with Jesus in heaven in all His glory, or spend eternity burning in hell! Of course the Children will say they would rather spend eternity with Jesus, then Mummy and Daddy will say 'now say this prayer, and everything will be alright, you are saved.
Most Christians believe once saved always saved, this isn't true, those who are truly saved, are led by the Spirit changing for Christ.
{Romans 7:18-19} Paul makes himself clear, how he feels after sinning, "But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me, {that is, in my flesh} nothing good dwells, but to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
This is a heart of a Christian living for Christ.
Are people coming to Christ for the right reasons, most of the time Mummy and Daddy haven't a clue where their Children are, they can pull the wool over their parents eye's, but they can't pull it over God's.
But not only the youth are to blame, of the street, or just out of prison Pastors, have learned new ways how to make plenty of money without them being caught by the law.
Legalism in Church have allowed criminals to turn a Church into a business, that's earning monies they themselves couldn't of made in a life time on the street.
Pastors preaching to be paid.

2 Likes

Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 3:26am On Aug 06, 2018
I remember in the 90's revivalist coming to town, I seen massive Changers in the body of Christ-I wasn't long being a Christian myself-I believed I had seen the Spirit of the Lord moving in the lives of the believers, I seen multitudes of people being saved, their desire for God could have changed a nation, their faith for Christ was highly numbered-they couldn't receive enough of God! "They wanted more!
And then, slowly but surely something other then God had changed, revival changed, the stakes were high on prosperity, the preaching changed, people changed from the Love of God to the love of money!
As a young Christian I really didn't understand what the Churches main menu aim was to be, slowly the Church was falling, prophets drawn away by different spirits-people were damaged spirituality, the Word of God was loosing it's flavour, Pastors preaching prosperity and greed became the main focus upon the Church, upon peoples life's-I soon learned there are to types of revivals-one for the money, and the other for God!
And now when I hear Churches praying for revival! I ask myself which revival are people seeking upon! Are they after the shaking and baking, that come with prosperity, or are they after the souls that are Lost, that comes with God?
Have anybody heard of John Wesley's? All have anybody heard John Wesley's story on revival..
John Wesley not only turned 18th century England around with his preaching, but he made lots of money in the process.
Here is a story about, and advice from, a man who knew how to make money… and even more importantly, how to spend it.
John Wesley was used of God to revive 18th-century England and start the Methodist Church. People know him as a great preacher and organizer. He is remembered for his contribution to the church’s thinking on sanctification. And Wesley saw enormous amounts of money come in from preaching; and the sale of his writings made him one of England’s wealthiest men.
In an age when a single man could live comfortably on £30 a year, his annual income reached £1,400! No wonder Wesley had strong opinions about the place of financial matters in the Christian life. This “rich” preacher still has much to say to us about money today.
Why revival tarries
Although Wesley had seen the Methodist movement grow from two brothers to a society of almost a million people, he felt that it had lost much of its spiritual power. He believed Methodists no longer hungered and thirsted for righteousness as they once had. Furthermore, Wesley thought he knew the cause of this desertion: A particular sin had caused Methodists to lose their first love and had separated them from God.
What was the sin that had convinced him that God had abandoned them, and which he believed was hindering revival? To him the reason for this was simple; the love of money.
Riches.
Wesley noted that in the old days of Methodism, people were poor. But in the 40 years since they joined the society, many Methodists had become up to a 100 times richer. With the increase in wealth, came a decrease in godliness. It seemed to him the more money the Methodists had, the less they loved the Lord! This is a sure deal within Church structure!
Pride.
A second reason for their spiritual decline, Wesley believed, was pride. He warned his followers that their increased wealth had made them arrogant. They had become more confident of their own opinions and less willing to hear reproof: “You are not so teachable as you were … you have a much better opinion of your own judgment and are more attached to your own will,” he said.
Loss of meekness.
Another sign of their backsliding was that they were not as meek as they once were. Previously, Wesley had said, “Your love was not provoked, but enabled you on all occasions to overcome evil with good.” But later he was to say, “How quickly you are ruffled!”
Helping the poor.
The next indication of the Methodists’ spiritual deadness was an unwillingness to help the poor. Wesley reminded his hearers, “You once pushed on through—cold or rain, or whatever cross lay in your way, to see the poor, the sick, the distressed.” He asked “Do you fear spoiling your silken coat? … Are you afraid of catching vermin?”
Personal evangelism.
The final mark of how far the Methodists had fallen was in their neglect of personal evangelism. Whereas his followers once readily spoken to people about their souls, Wesley was later forced to inquire, “But which of you now has that compassion for the ignorant, and for them that are out of the way? They may wander on, for [all] you [care], and plunge into the lake of fire without let or hindrance. God hath your hearts.”
One word Wesley hated
We don’t usually think of John Wesley hating anything; he was the one who preached about love for God and for one’s neighbours. When he preached to his flock against extravagance in food, dress, or lifestyle, they replied, “But [we] can afford it!” Wesley argued that no Christian could afford anything beyond the bare necessities required for life and work. He based his reasoning on five main points: God is the source of the Christian’s money.
None of us really earns our money by our cleverness or hard work, for God is the One who gives us the energy and intelligence to do our work. He is the true Source of all our wealth. Wesley enquired of some Methodists who felt they were entitled to a higher standard of living, now that they could afford it, “Who gave you this addition to your fortune; or who lent it to you?”
Christians must account to the Lord for how they have used money.
Wesley urged people always to use money wisely, because at any time they may have to give an account to the Lord for the way in which they have used the wealth He gave them. “Because no one knows when that might be, no one should ever waste money now, planning to make it up to the Lord later.”
Christians are trustees of the Lord’s money.
The money God has put into our hands is not our own, but His. We do not own it; rather we are His agents in distributing it. Thus, we must use it not as we wish, but as He directs. Wesley reminded his hearers of this truth by asking, “Can any steward afford to be a misbehaving servant? Can any servant afford to lay out his Master’s money any otherwise than his Master appoints him?”
God gives Christians money for them to pass along to those who need it.
God’s purpose in giving us money is for us to help the poor and needy. To use it on ourselves is to steal from God. Wesley demanded of some comfortable Methodists: “Do you not know that God entrusted you with that money to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to help the stranger, the widow, the fatherless; and, indeed, as far as it will go, to relieve the wants of all mankind?”
Christians may no more buy luxuries for themselves than they may throw their money away.
God made us trustees of His resources so that we may feed the hungry and clothe the naked in His name. We should turn our extra money into food and clothing for the poor. Just as it would be wrong to destroy other peoples’ food and clothing, so it is wrong to spend money on ourselves needlessly. Wesley said, “None can afford to throw any part of that food and raiment into the sea, which was lodged with him on purpose to feed the hungry and clothe the naked.”
Wesley’s advice
Wesley, however, did not just condemn the wrong use of money; he also gave his hearers clear biblical guidelines for the right use of money. How has God directed Christians to use their incomes? Wesley lists the following four scriptural priorities:
I. Provide things needful for yourself and your family (1 Timothy 5:cool.
The believer should make sure that his/her family has the necessities and conveniences of life, that is, “a sufficiency of plain, wholesome food to eat, and clean raiment to put on” as well as a place to live. The believer must also ensure that the family has enough to live on if something were to happen to the breadwinner.
II. “Having food and raiment, let us therewith be content.” (1 Timothy 6:cool.
How should Christians decide how much to spend on themselves and their families? Where should they draw the line? Wesley answers this by quoting Paul’s words to Timothy.
He adds that the word translated “clothing,” means “coverings” literally and thus includes lodging as well as clothes.
However, he continues: “It plainly follows that whatever is more than these is, in the sense of the Apostle, riches; whatever is above the plain necessities, or at most convenience of life. Whoever has sufficient food to eat, and raiment to put on, with a place to lay his head, and something over, is rich.”
III. “Provide things honest in the sight of all men” (Romans 12:17) and “Owe no man anything” (Romans 13:cool.
Wesley says that the next claim on a Christian’s money belongs to the creditors, and adds that those who are in business for themselves need to have adequate tools, stock, or capital for the running of that business.
IV. “Do good to them that are of the household of faith” and “As you have opportunity, do good unto all men” (Galatians 6:10).
After the Christian has provided for the family, the creditors, and the business, the next obligation is to use any money that is left to meet the needs of others.
Wesley says that God gives His children money so that their reasonable needs will be met, and then He expects them to return the rest to Him by giving it to the poor. God wants all Christians to regard themselves as “only one of that number of the poor, whose wants were to be supplied out of that part of [the Lord’s] substance which He had placed in their hands for this purpose.”
Situations which are not so ‘clear’
Besides these four biblical principles, Wesley also recognized that it is not always obvious how the Christian should use the Lord’s money. Wesley offers four questions to help his hearers decide how to spend money:
In spending this money, am I acting as if I owned it, or am I acting as the Lord’s trustee?
What Scriptures require me to spend this money in this way?
Can I offer up this purchase as a sacrifice to the Lord?
Will God reward me for this expenditure at the resurrection of the just?
Wesley’s example
Wesley preached a wealth of words about money and had many ideas about the right and wrong uses thereof. And as a man with one of the highest incomes in England in his time, he had the opportunity to practice what he preached.
Many might ignore what he said about money, but none could dismiss the way he used it. What he preached by deeds spoke louder than his words.
As a child, Wesley had known grinding poverty. When he followed his father into the ministry, he had no illusion about its financial rewards. At first, he seemed to have enjoyed his relative prosperity while teaching, spending his money on playing cards, tobacco, and brandy.
An incident that happened to him at Oxford changed his perspective on money: He had just finished buying some pictures for his room when a chambermaid came to his door.
It was a cold day, and he noticed that she had only a thin linen gown to wear for protection against the cold. He reached into his pocket to give her some money for a coat, and found he had little left. It struck him that the Lord was not pleased with how he had spent his money. He asked himself: “Will thy Master say ‘Well done, good and faithful stewards?’
Thou hast adorned thy walls with the money that might have screened this poor creature from the cold! O justice! O mercy! Are not these pictures the blood of this poor maid?”
Limiting his expenses
Wesley then began, in 1731, to limit his expenses so he would have more money to give to the poor. He records that, one year, his income was £30, and his living expenses £28, so he had £2 to give away. The next year, his income doubled, but he still lived on £28 and gave £32 away. In the third year, his income jumped to £90, again he lived on £28, giving £62 away. The fourth year, he made £120, lived on £28 and gave £92 to the poor.
Wesley preached that Christians should not merely tithe, but give away all extra income once the family and creditors were taken care of. He believed that with increasing income, the Christian’s standard of giving should increase, not his standard of living. He began this practice at Oxford and he continued it throughout his life. Even when his income rose into the thousands of pounds, he lived simply and quickly gave his surplus money away.
Not only did John Wesley identify with the poor by sharing their food and lodgings, and by foregoing luxuries, he sometimes went without his own necessities in order to have more money to give away. For almost four years he lived on mostly potatoes. This was not only to improve his health, but also to save money, “What I save from my own meat will feed another that else would have none.”
In 1744 Wesley wrote, “[When I die] if I leave behind me ten pounds… you and all mankind [can] bear witness against me, that I have lived and died a thief and a robber.” When he died in 1791, the only money mentioned in his will was the miscellaneous coins to be found in his pockets and dresser drawers. Most of the £30,000 he had earned in his lifetime he had given away. As Wesley said, “I cannot help leaving my books behind me whenever God calls me hence; but, in every other respect, my own hands will be my executors.
Only if the Pastors seen what Wesley saw in the Word of God-his heart for God managed God's finances, God gave, Wesley's heart fed the hungry, this sure sheds a little truth about the subject on tithes, why prosperity preachers, Pastors believe tithes belong to them to live a prosperous life style, when really God trusted you to give His finances to the Poor. Instead you wear fancy cloths, wear the best Jewelry, buying Rolex watches-buying mega homes, building mega Churches, buying fancy cars, motorbikes, etc etc etc. While God's people are hungry poor and unclothed across our nations, starving people relying on God to send somebody to support them from dying everyday..
Its the least, the Poor, that are different, God sends to support the needs of starving people everyday!
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by johnw47: 3:36am On Aug 07, 2018
brocab:
I myself am a believer in Christ

you should reconsider that,
don't be tempted to drop the Lord's name from yout title because some are only so called christians

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pe_4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

a believer in Christ should be associated with Christ and His name,

1Pe_4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

be proud to be named after Christ and called A CHRISTIAN
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by brocab: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
Thanks for your little input, I should have explained my post more clearly, I know I am what the Lord had called me to be..
And I am always in trouble when I don't explain myself well, I am not hiding my true colours, and I am not ashamed to be what God had called me to be.
I don't always advertise I am a Christian-and I don't always explain things clearly-I would rather show them by my fruit I preach.
John 47, .Sample>Just the last few weeks, I was asked by Christians to join them to go with them to different prayer meetings, which I didn't mind doing such, it also gave me the time to fellowship with the body of Christ-well while I was with them on different occasions, I had noticed the Christians seem to be more focused on Church tradition; something they were taught, then I found them to 'actually know the Word of God.
After watching them for some time, I felt my spirit telling me to study up on the Word, so I did, I challenge the Word of God and tested it, I made sure I studied up before I would let my friends know what they were taught through the Church-and what they were practicing is not biblical..
Being a evangelist, most times I take the beatings, but I love trying to support the truth-it may sound easy-but jumping in a group that had being doing the same old traditions-for so long, and someone new-comes in-I end up being their worst enemy..
Well as usual things didn't turn out the way I would like to expect, and I thought after I have spent a little time with one of them-maybe we could sit down together and study up on the Word, Well that didn't happen either, the complete opposite, this man wanted to rip my head off, his Christian faith changed, without testing or even challenging the Word of God, just like a roaring lion, he chargers full of rage against me.
All is said: so bro, I am what the Lord wanted me to be, I am A Christian, but because I don't advertise it, it doesn't mean It isn't true..
Have you ever had Christians praying against you, not for you? I have been under some very super natural experiences, and these are prayed through so called Christians..
johnw47:

you should reconsider that,
don't be tempted to drop the Lord's name from yout title because some are only so called christians

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pe_4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

a believer in Christ should be associated with Christ and His name,

1Pe_4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

be proud to be named after Christ and called A CHRISTIAN
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by johnw47: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2018
brocab:
Thanks for your little input, I should have explained my post more clearly, I know I am what the Lord had called me to be..
And I am always in trouble when I don't explain myself well, I am not hiding my true colours, and I am not ashamed to be what God had called me to be.
I don't always advertise I am a Christian-and I don't always explain things clearly-I would rather show them by my fruit I preach.
John 47, .Sample>Just the last few weeks, I was asked by Christians to join them to go with them to different prayer meetings, which I didn't mind doing such, it also gave me the time to fellowship with the body of Christ-well while I was with them on different occasions, I had noticed the Christians seem to be more focused on Church tradition; something they were taught, then I found them to 'actually know the Word of God.
After watching them for some time, I felt my spirit telling me to study up on the Word, so I did, I challenge the Word of God and tested it, I made sure I studied up before I would let my friends know what they were taught through the Church-and what they were practicing is not biblical..
Being a evangelist, most times I take the beatings, but I love trying to support the truth-it may sound easy-but jumping in a group that had being doing the same old traditions-for so long, and someone new-comes in-I end up being their worst enemy..
Well as usual things didn't turn out the way I would like to expect, and I thought after I have spent a little time with one of them-maybe we could sit down together and study up on the Word, Well that didn't happen either, the complete opposite, this man wanted to rip my head off, his Christian faith changed, without testing or even challenging the Word of God, just like a roaring lion, he chargers full of rage against me.
All is said: so bro, I am what the Lord wanted me to be, I am A Christian, but because I don't advertise it, it doesn't mean It isn't true..
Have you ever had Christians praying against you, not for you? I have been under some very super natural experiences, and these are prayed through so called Christians..

it's true there are many "so called christians" that argue against a Christian
but you are the Christian
Re: The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2018
Whoever is paying tithe today in kind as in 10% of your income to any organization is indirectly condemning Jesus! How? Jesus did not come to continue with the old covenant(Jeremiah 31:31-34) He came to teach us perfection so all that was written in the laws(including TITHING) were given to help the Israelites IDENTIFY the Messiah who teach mankind how to will live forever in Paradise. Hebrew 9:1-28 The laws were added for that purpose. Abel,Enoch,Noah,Abraham,Isaac,Jacob never knew the laws yet they were declared righteous before God by their virtuous deeds,meaning for them to live forever someone PERFECT will come and teach all of them.Galatians 3:1-24 So when the laws came in it was to help Abraham's descendants to IDENTIFY the person, then after knowing Him the laws becomes null and void as it has served it purpose. Romans 10:1-4 The Israelites who condemned Jesus were sticking to the laws thinking it is what will make them acceptable before the Almighty(Matthew 23:23 compared to Hebrew 7:11,12) so Paul wrote a letter to those who have embraced Christianity amongst them that Jesus is Melchizedek so TITHE He collected from Abraham ONCE and for all times therefore anyone with Abraham's faith has paid the tithe through faith ONCE by Abraham. No more to be repeated! Hebrew 7:1-12 God bless you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40) (Reply)

Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.