Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? (8004 Views)

Super Eagles Team Arrives Kaduna (photos) / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by naptu2: 6:56am On Dec 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Pick your fantasy Green/Super Eagles team.[/size]

Pick the best 23 Nigerian senior national team players (male) you can think of and fit them into formation on a football field. I'll go first.

Rashidi Yekini

Henry Nwosu

Daniel Amokachi

Samson Siasia

Emmanuel Amunike

Muda Lawal

Finidi George

Segun Odegbami

Austin Jay-Jay Okocha

Nwankwo Kanu

Sunday Oliseh

Stephen Keshi

Celestine Babayaro

Benedict Iroha

Uche Okafor

Joseph Yobo

Christian Chukwu

Taribo West

Uche Okechukwu

Reuben Agboola

Peter Rufai

Emmmanuel Okala

Best Ogedengbe

Let's have your fantasy Eagles' line up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by jhydebaba(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2012
Great players who have made the country proud. U can't take it away from any of them.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Navalsadiq(m): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2012
second to comment
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Abujafood: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2012
Mine would be;

Yekini and Kanu in Attack

Mid-field

Amunike left wing
Finidi George Right Wing
Okocha (Central Mid field)
Oliseh (Defensive mid field)

Defence

Left wing (Babayaro)
Right wing (Yobo)
Central (Uche Okechukwu and Taribo west)

Eyeama would be a better choice for goal keeper to Rufai

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by MuhammedZubair(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2012
3rd to koment
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Scarpon(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2012
am nt really a fan of football .but in those days this players make me a proud Nigerian b4 P.D.P came in
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by nairalady(f): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2012
Abujafood: Eyeama would be a better choice for goal keeper!
i agree with u
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Bolarge1(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2012
THESE ARE THE TEAM THAT COULD HAVE WON US A WORLD CUP, PUT WE LOST IT TO BAD MANAGEMENT OF THE NFA THEN.

SOMEBODY IS MISSING IN THE LIST LIKES OF :

MUTIU ADEPOJU,

FELIX OWOLABI,

ADOKIA AMASEMAKA

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by tunapawizzy: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2012
interchange BAbayaro n Iroha.....Good selection, bad tactics/formation
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by logica(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2012
Abujafood:
Oliseh (Defensive mid field)
Or Osaro Obabaifo.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by logica(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2012
Who put Agboola in that list? What happened to Yisa Shofoluwe?
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by naptu2: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2012
tunapawizzy: interchange BAbayaro n Iroha.....Good selection, bad tactics/formation

Iroha was wonderful in that game Nigeria v Ivory Coast @ Tunisia '94. He took out Michel Basole without getting a red card and even scored a goal. I lost my voice on that day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by richardoz(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2012
Those team were the best ever
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by naptu2: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2012
Bo-large:
THESE ARE THE TEAM THAT COULD HAVE WON US A WORLD CUP, PUT WE LOST IT TO BAD MANAGEMENT OF THE NFA THEN.

SOMEBODY IS MISSING IN THE LIST LIKES OF :

MUTIU ADEPOJU,

FELIX OWOLABI,

ADOKIA AMASEMAKA

Nigeria is blessed with talent. When I originally made that list in 2010 it was so difficult that I had to draw up a second list of 23. On the left we could have any one of Felix Owolabi, Muda Lawal, Friday Ekpo, Friday Elaho and Emmanuel Amunike. Hard to choose, but I go with Amunike and Muda Lawal.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by VALIDATOR: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2012
Humphrey Edobor (Jersey No 11 or 7 can't really remember) should be on the list. That guy used to score from the touchline.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by VALIDATOR: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2012
What about Garba Lawal? A very consistent and disciplined footballer.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by yuzedo: 10:07am On Dec 13, 2012
naptu2: Iroha was wonderful in that game Nigeria v Ivory Coast @ Tunisia '94. He took out Michel Basole without getting a red card and even scored a goal. I lost my voice on that day.
Naptu the great! cool

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by femi4: 10:08am On Dec 13, 2012
Ikpeba(former africa footballer of the year),Mutiu(headmaster), Tijani Babangida....y r they not on your list
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2012
Great players indeed,they played for passion,and not the so called players we have now that are playing for money,and very arrogant.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by shadrach77: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2012
okay, we had great players in the past. Cool. I think it's time we stop consoling ourselves with our past glories and start foccusing on the present and the future angry angry angry
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by naptu2: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2012
shadrach77: okay, we had great players in the past. Cool. I think it's time we stop consoling ourselves with our past glories and start foccusing on the present and the future angry angry angry

Yep! That's going to be the title of my next thread (The Problem With Nigerian Football). It'll also include solutions to the problems.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Elmos: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2012
Where is the name of best utility player Nigeria ever had SAM OKWARAJI
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by floriana(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2012
Furo Iyenemi

Olumide Harris

Karibe Ojigwe

MIke Eneramo

Efe Sodje

Mohamed Manga

Isaac Okoronkwo

Abiodun Baruwa (in goal)

Nigeria is so blessed with endless talents.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by alosnika: 11:09am On Dec 13, 2012
But Nigeria wasted all of them.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by stantob(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2012
No Sam okparaji there, I think he has a space.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by stantob(m): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2012
What of Yakubu Ayegbeni.Former world best.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by scholes23(m): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2012
To me d best will still remain USA 94 Squad.....
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by sylve11: 11:41am On Dec 13, 2012
I remember back in the days! No more talent but thrash. Those guys were Nigeria's best, no doubt. cool
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by naptu2: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by Nightshift(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2012
Eagles best defence must have Yisa Shofoluwe, Bright Omokaro, Christain Chukwu (Stephen Keshi), with Emmanuel Okalla as goalkeeper.
Re: Is This The Best Green/Super Eagles Team Ever? by pak: 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nice one OP, this is my team .. . .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get #300 Free Bet, No Deposit / DO U TINK WE CAN WIN THIS WORLD CUP? / I Have A 100% Sure Secret To Virtual Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.