Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10827851 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (7729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Ok, tomorrow with give be GTB first litmus test. grin
Most investors won't put their monies in any stock with no immediate value.
It will be JIJO all the way.

-No surprises about GTB Q3
-also expect Zenith to deliver above N100bln
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
pluto09:

Which ever way you look at it,at the current price,uba gives a better value for money.However, you have to look at thier history and antecedent,then one would understand while investors are cautious about uba.If uba shows more consistency in its operation,then,i will say it is only a matter of time,it will be rightly priced.

Ok, but what is it about their history? not consistent in dividend payment or in revenue growth? kindly enlighten, cos I've not really followed these stocks for that long...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
mercylicious:
@ locodemy,
Kindly send a screenshot of d 20 million units of fcmb u bought @ n1

I went through your posts and found out u are a low life. I hated myself for even replying u. I shld HV ignored u cos brats always look for ppl to drag down. Stupid boy!

Haba my love, I told you to ignore
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Those same monikers has started appearing one after the other.......one day we go end up finding out those pretending to be women are men in our midst.......I urge everyone to be careful of sharing email,telephone numbers and other infos........most guys you see here are fraudsters and we must attack them as the lord giveth us strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
locodemy:
Those same monikers has started appearing one after the other.......one day we go end up finding out those pretending to be women are men in our midst.......I urge everyone to be careful of sharing email,telephone numbers and other infos........most guys you see here are fraudsters and i must attack them as the lord giveth me strength.
Very true. But you too, you're a drama king. Most of us here know the real and the fake. Just waka pass, sift through and ignore.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
zendi:
This Bank Thrives In Recession, Walahi.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Corporate-Earnings/GUARANTY-Declares-N119.93-bn-PAT-in-Q3-2/32634

Efficiency is the key.

GTB is known for this.

Unlike FIRST BANK the Father Christmas

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Adesiji77:

I just came across the news cheesy

Which "face"? I don't have any picture on my profile...or am I missing something?
YES
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Efficiency is the key.

GTB is known for this.

Father Christmas and his 'Donatus' junior brother Skye.
Very generous to donate for the purchase of private jets and other billionaire toys until money finished.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Efficiency is the key.

GTB is known for this.

where is the efficiency for a bank that had to make a provision of 57B for loan impairment charges..

if not for the Revaluation of Forex...they would have made a massive loss...infact this is a very poor result

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2016
ExLaidback:

Ok, but what is it about their history? not consistent in dividend payment or in revenue growth? kindly enlighten, cos I've not really followed these stocks for that long...

Uba used to be synonymous with extra ordinary items.Then you could only use the audited results to place a fair value on the bank.The past 2years have been different however, as they appeared to have cleaned their books.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2016
feelamong:

where is the efficiency for a bank that had to make a provision of 57B for loan impairment charges..

if not for the Revaluation of Forex...they would have made a massive loss...infact this is a very poor result

Well said my brother.
57b impairment charges is a red flag for discerning investors in GTB, value investors will think twice before investing in a company with a deteriorating assets.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:29am On Oct 20, 2016
pluto09:

Well said my brother.
57b impairment charges is a red flag for discerning investors in GTB, value investors will think twice before investing in a company with a deteriorating assets.

I think it is good that the bank has taken the bold step to clean its books. 37.5b in Q2, then 57b now in Q3. Maybe it will be 70 or 80b in Q4. What I still do not like in the reporting system of Nigerian companies is the inability to go into details about the identity of whose debts have gone bad.

I suspect it is AITEO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2016
pluto09:

Well said my brother.

I gbadun you and feelamong.
guys should work with some ratios here.difference btw investors and traders.
but the stock is on bid with no offer yet @ #24.46.
let's keep watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2016
grin

kilometre 36
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2016
GTB
- impairments grew from N9bn to N57bn y/y (expected) ! Fitch and co have cried doom
- there is no commodity crash with out scars & causalities (see oceanic, intercontinental et al)
- some will survive the storms and some wont (GTB will)
- asper fx gains, GTB went very long on fx betting against the Naira (and stupidity) it was deliberate and they made this known
(our man in dubai did the same and advised others also but his communication methods were somewhat slightly dramatic)
- if you think GTB's results is below par for such a time like this , just wait see others first.

FBN
- this is d one people are waiting for !
- i think the market has priced in this NPL debacle already and now over reacting wh is good for traders

dis:
im a learner ohh

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2016
feelamong:

Please cut the bank some slack. GTB still remain the bank with the best risk management. With the current economic doldrums, recognizing such amount of provision is still okay and ideal.

I will recommend BUY to any growth or value investors. GTB remains a stock you can't be wrong investing in it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2016
feelamong:

Well, that amount was set aside incase those loans fail to yield.

Loan impairment. A loan is considered to be impaired when it is probable that not all of the related principal and interest payments will be collected.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2016
Gtb dey go fffwd ,,initial gra gra , closing price will determine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2016
nice one from GTB but is the fx gain sustainable going forward?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2016
fxuser:
GTB
- impairments grew from N9bn to N57bn y/y (expected) ! Fitch and co have cried doom
- there is no commodity crash with out scars & causalities (see oceanic, intercontinental et al)
- some will survive the storms and some wont (GTB will)
- asper fx gains, GTB went very long on fx betting against the Naira (and stupidity) it was deliberate and they made this known
(our man in dubai did the same and advised others also but his communication methods were somewhat slightly dramatic)

- if you think GTB's results is below par for such a time like this , just wait see others first.

FBN
- this is d one people are waiting for !
- i think the market has priced in this NPL debacle already and now over reacting wh is good for traders

dis:
im a learner ohh

Sire,

You have almost perfected the art of reading cooperate runs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2016
[quote author=Intendy post=50356084]

I gbadun you and feelamong.
guys should work with some ratios here.difference btw investors and traders.
but the stock is on bid with no offer yet @ #24.46.
let's keep watching[/quote

Different strategies for different folks. Some years back, i would have jump in to buy gtb with that ''fantanstic results''. Now, i understand that those who take their time to read finacial statements of companies and understand it fare better than the crowd.They can see and predict fairly what might likeky happen to a company before others and as such take a position early enough.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2016
Sector: Banking
Last Price: 25.63
Today's Change: 2.33 (10.00%)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2016
NSE banking Index (NGSEBNK10!)
- is still bearish
- d shorter MA crossed below the longer MA
- BNK10 is trading both below 50dma and 20dma
- further down side risk is still present
- and bnk10 is tending towards oversold region but not there quite yet

#JustObserving
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Sector: Banking Last Price: 25.63 Today's Change: 2.33 (10.00%)
Excellent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Sector: Banking
Last Price: 25.63
Today's Change: 2.33 (10.00%)

This one na initial gragra... we have seen this many times before...

make we dey look.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kentoto: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2016
People,

Let wait and see more bank results... Before we say one bank is better than another,

..and again each bank has its fan club.

- let's note the raising impairment across board
- note also the Q on Q increase

- most of their income is coming from revaluation and not core banking functions.

- most of the banks are just covering up, they are gonna raise fresh capital next year

K

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2016
Stand Off @FCMB.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Primetech:
Stand Off @FCMB.

Boss, why? CBN to take over?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:22am On Oct 20, 2016
Primetech:
Stand Off @FCMB.

A bank that just clean their balance sheet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:43am On Oct 20, 2016
rebekah2011:

Boss, why? CBN to take over?

@Rebekkah/Angelo, I didn't say "Stay Off". "Stand Off" meaning no one was ready to shift ground Bid@1.09 vs Offer@1.13 as @ the time of my post. AWR mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (7729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shonyboi(m), Locotrader(m), ernie4life(m), GeneralDae, Ginalex(f), ololufemi, xezoid(m), yMcy56(f), kalkah, DrAkpamudehe, unite4real, robobo, OBAGADAFFI, defebe, ogoo4real, eziokwunwoko(m), SetrakusRa(m), Adinije(f) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.