Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10801823 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) (2310) ... (7718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 23, 2017
STNWAUME:

I don't subscribe to his abusive language and its good mod deleted.

but are you also a woman?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:35pm On May 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:
Just came back from uac property agm. I may have to increase my holdings in the company

What's the conclusions on their rights issue.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 2:41pm On May 23, 2017
fxuser:
bears finally taking their turn
#Pullback season

MPC triggered? Was there a free-for-all or were chairs flying at the MPC today? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:49pm On May 23, 2017
Herd mentality of nse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 3:05pm On May 23, 2017
Manonamission:

MPC triggered? Was there a free-for-all or were chairs flying at the MPC today? grin

http://nairametrics.com/nigeria-records-gdp-growth-rate-of-0-52-nigeria-still-in-a-recession/

This is expected, isn't it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Stockbiz: 3:13pm On May 23, 2017
Manonamission:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-mpc-holds-interest-record-high
The monetary policy committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) decided to hold key interest rate at record 14 percent, while seeking convergence in foreign exchange market.

Godwin Emefiele, governor of the apex bank disclosed this at the end of the meeting in Abuja on Tuesday, said all members of the committee voted to hold interest rate at current figures.

He said the committee decided to keep key interest rate at 14 percent, while cash reserve ratio (CRR) and liquidity ratio were held at 22.5 percent and 30 percent respectively.

More to follow…
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

What's the conclusions on their rights issue.

The right will end this week, the pricing is deliberate, the volume sold today is unprecedented
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:43pm On May 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

The right will end this week, the pricing is deliberate, the volume sold today is unprecedented

The volume is expected-

Right issue - N3.00

Market Price-N1.86 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:48pm On May 23, 2017
grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

The volume is expected-

Right issue - N3.00

Market Price-N1.86 grin

It appears management does not want us to take our rights.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:04pm On May 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Who will buy an expensive right?

I said it here earlier, i noticed most right issue are usually more expensive than the market price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Sir manie i havr sent you a PM. Have a few qiestiins to ask you. Kindly respond if you can. It does not concern stocks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2017
shigidi:

Sir manie i havr sent you a PM. Have a few qiestiins to ask you. Kindly respond if you can. It does not concern stocks

Please call 0
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Who will buy an expensive right?

I said it here earlier, i noticed most right issue are usually more expensive than the market price.

It will be over subscribed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:51pm On May 23, 2017
fxuser:
bears finally taking their turn
#Pullback season

Hello Chief

whats your thought on the current pullback?

do you think it wld materailly differ for that of last week (which was shallow)

if so any technical indicator guiding ur position?

wld appr8 if you share
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:10pm On May 23, 2017
Osinbajo, whose letter dated May 16, 2017 was conveyed to Speaker Yakubu Dogara in the Vice President’s seal and letterhead but signed with the designation of the Acting President, said the DBN was approved by the last administration but the loan facility was strangely omitted in the 2014/2016 borrowing plan by the National Assembly. The letter reads “The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is a multi- donor supported bank approved under the previous administration with
the Financing Agreement executed on February 25, 2015.
“However, the facility in the sum of $1.28b appeared to be inadvertently omitted in the 2014/2016 external borrowing plan approved by
the National Assembly.
“The bank is being supported by the World Bank, African Development Bank, KfW Development Germany and French Development Agency in the sum of $500m, $450m, $200m and $130m respectively.
“The bank is ready to commence operation and the donors are also ready to commence disbursement
consequent upon National Assembly approval .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:50pm On May 23, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It will be over subscribed

We are watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2017
Chibuking81:
Most stock will go down within this month and June, because there is no news or expectation of result this month and early next month, but come June ending /July, with expectation of q2 result in which some companies will release good result with interim dividend, stocks price will move up.
So now is right time to buy good stocks, but remember that stocks price will still go down, just wait patiently and enter at your desirable junction, and join me to smile in July/August.
This is my yesterday statement, and it has started.
Look for a better stock and position yourself well, ahead of July /August.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2017
Chibuking81:
NSEM, bull is back.
The question here is how long will it last?
The stocks manipulators are fully back in the market, and they are using advantage of upward movement of good stocks.
1. My fellow investors and stock traders (JIJO group) beware of some stocks that usually causes high blood pressure
2. This is an opportunity for long trapped investors to bail out, from their trapped stocks.
3. As soon as market makers take the stocks to their desired locations, right issue will follow ( many companies will announce for their right issue) by the announcement the reverse will be the case.
4. Remember to follow this bull with long spoon as long as it last.
5. This week is for bull , while next week might be for bear, profit takers may start their work next tomorrow through next week.
I stated the above on May 10th 2017.
No 3. Is taking place now, right issue.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:21pm On May 23, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:39pm On May 23, 2017
I see Vitafoam moving to about NGN3.13, this is supported by the fundamentals and the technical chart. The momentum f9or the upward movement is strong. Trading this stock at this level involves minimal risk. I will put my stop loss at 2.12.

Extract of the financials an the chart is shown below.

For me playing the market at JIJO level seems to be the best, especially if I look at some losses I have made using the buy and hold method. Getting in love with a stock is not worth it for now. Just as I am writing this, I too am placing my order by e-mail to my brokers for execution tomorrow.

CAUTION: This is my personal opinion. The sources of data are assumed to be correct, but you may need to do your own verification of the facts. For any chart analysis, I am available for assistance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:02am On May 24, 2017
SHOULD INVESTORS SELL IN MAY AND COME BACK IN SEPTEMBER?
I love analyst backing up their assertions with data or evidences. I have been hearing the popular statement, "sell in May and Come back in September" since I can even remember. Experience they say, is the best teacher. This may be what many investors have witnessed and encountered in the market place.

I have been looking at NSE data recently to determine if this assertion is valid. To a large extent, the statement is valid, but with a little modification. Table below shows NSE winning percentage rates. Between 2002 to 2016, the month of May has the highest winning rate (73%) followed by June at 53% and the least is August having just 27% wins. Selling in May after reaching my investment objectives seem fine, but June is not totally bad either.

That is not the whole story, before the great depression in 2008, sell in May and come back in September did not hold water as virtually all the months won apart from August which was flat. However, after the economic depression in Nigeria, the theory is reasonable; only month of May appreciated by 67% while the remaining 3 months are on losing streak.

What interest me however is in the chart below. The almost similarities between Price & MACD from March 2012 and March 2017 is of interest to me. The arrows on the chart are pointing at the Month of May. Nigeria economy started picking up from 2008 depression in 2010 and GDP was growing before it got to its peak in 2014. Impact of the economy recovery is shown on Investors attitude towards investment on NSE ALL Share Index.

Yesterday, MPC reported a GDP growth rate of -0.52 better than previous 4 quarters. This is an improvement in the economy.

Key Questions
-If the economy is improving, will investors shy away from investment, NSE in particular?
-If the economy is improving, why should I sell my holdings in May again?
-If the economy is improving, do I have to go away until September?
-If the economy is improving, can I get fundamentally sound stocks that are not yet overbought and invest in them for long term?
-If the economy is improving, what do I do with fundamentally sound stocks that are in overbought level?

Presently, the market is flat and seriously looking for a catalyst to either continue its bullishness or drive it down. Will the theory of sell in May and come back in September valid in 2017? Personally, I don't know. But one thing I know is that with improving economy, there will be opportunities in the Market to tap into in June through August.

NB: Winning Percentage is the ratio of the number of year stocks appreciated/gained to the total number of years considered

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:25am On May 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:
I love analyst backing up their assertions with data or evidences. I have been hearing the popular statement, "sell in May and Come back in September" since I can even remember. Experience they say, is the best teacher. This may be what many investors have witnessed and encountered in the market place.

I have been looking at NSE data recently to determine if this assertion is valid. To a large extent, the statement is valid, but with a little modification. Table below shows NSE winning percentage rates. Between 2002 to 2016, the month of May has the highest winning rate (73%) followed by June at 53% and the least is August having just 27% wins. Selling in May after reaching my investment objectives seem fine, but June is not totally bad either.

That is not the whole story, before the great depression in 2008, sell in May and come back in September did not hold water as virtually all the months won apart from August which was flat. However, after the economic depression in Nigeria, the theory is reasonable; only month of May appreciated by 67% while the remaining 3 months are on losing streak.

What interest me however is in the chart below. The almost similarities between Price & MACD from March 2012 and March 2017 is of interest to me. The arrows on the chart are pointing at the Month of May. Nigeria economy started picking up from 2008 depression in 2010 and GDP was growing before it got to its peak in 2014. Impact of the economy recovery is shown on Investors attitude towards investment on NSE ALL Share Index.

Yesterday, MPC reported a GDP growth rate of -0.52 better than previous 4 quarters. This is an improvement in the economy

Good work my brother.
Can you pls explain what you mean by winning percentage?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:06am On May 24, 2017
yok:
I see Vitafoam moving to about NGN3.13, this is supported by the fundamentals and the technical chart. The momentum f9or the upward movement is strong. Trading this stock at this level involves minimal risk. I will put my stop loss at 2.12.

Extract of the financials an the chart is shown below.

For me playing the market at JIJO level seems to be the best, especially if I look at some losses I have made using the buy and hold method. Getting in love with a stock is not worth it for now. Just as I am writing this, I too am placing my order by e-mail to my brokers for execution tomorrow.

CAUTION: This is my personal opinion. The sources of data are assumed to be correct, but you may need to do your own verification of the facts. For any chart analysis, I am available for assistance.

Sir,I think it would have been better if you have shown more details on the FA chart .
For a company like vitafoam, net profit and eps are more important than operating profit.
For instance at year end September 2016 the company recorded a loss after tax of 32m as against a profit after tax of 413m in 2015.
The gearing ratio too is very important to full TA. In my opinion the company is highly leveraged and they might come to the market very soon to raise some money and that I don't think is good for investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:21am On May 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 8:57am On May 24, 2017
yok:
I see Vitafoam moving to about NGN3.13

nice one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:02am On May 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:

Key Questions
-If the economy is improving, will investors shy away from investment, NSE in particular?
-If the economy is improving, can I get fundamentally sound stocks that are not yet overbought and invest in them for long term?
-If the economy is improving, what do I do with fundamentally sound stocks that are in overbought level?

NB: Winning Percentage is the ratio of the number of year stocks appreciated/gained to the total number of years considered
# grin grin grin grin grin

interesting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:22am On May 24, 2017
robobo:

whats your thought on the current pullback?
if so any technical indicator guiding ur position?
wld appr8 if you share

Not sure how shallow or deep but for stocks in an uptrend (where SP >major trend lines, Eg: big 4 banks)
We expect to see prices make higher lows after d recent rally to higher highs (HH) and then continue since nothing moves in straight line
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:55am On May 24, 2017
fxuser:

Not sure how shallow or deep but for stocks in an uptrend (where SP >major trend lines, Eg: big 4 banks)
We expect to see prices make higher lows after d recent rally to higher highs (HH) and then continue since nothing moves in straight line

thank you chief apr8 ur respoonse
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:00am On May 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:

Yesterday, MPC reported a GDP growth rate of -0.52 better than previous 4 quarters. This is an improvement in the economy.

Key Questions

Presently, the market is flat and seriously looking for a catalyst to either continue its bullishness or drive it down. Will the theory of sell in May and come back in September valid in 2017? Personally, I don't know. But one thing I know is that with improving economy, there will be opportunities in the Market to tap into in June through August.

grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you chief for this thorough analysis. quite impressive and insightful. wish more people could support their assertion with fact based data as this and where not available state such assertion as opinion.

please what wld b ur personal take / decision for this scenario

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2017
robobo:

Thank you chief for this thorough analysis. quite impressive and insightful. wish more people could support their assertion with fact based data as this and where not available state such assertion as opinion.

please what wld b ur personal take / decision for this scenario

...wait for Daily pullback while the Weekly is still bullish
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:15am On May 24, 2017
BullBearMkt:

...wait for Daily pullback while the Weekly is still bullish
grin grin grin grin grin

thank you for your response

if i understand you very well ur above position is for possible entry.

if so can i stretch it further for an exit position thus

opposite of ur above position for short term play

nd sit tight for medium term play as long as weekly remain bullish.

kindly correct me if am wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) (2308) (2309) (2310) ... (7718) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.