Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10779469 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (7705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

So what if all your analysis was based on falsified figures?

Oga I have long declassified myself; I am not interested in trading or investing. My interest is to make money

Who said you cannot make money by being an investor? In regards to falsified figures, until Nigerians stop worshiping individuals as their god, there will not be enough push back to change situations for the better on a permanent basis.

There is a lot left to do compared to the little achieved thus far. Best wishes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
tiar:

Who said you cannot make money by being an investor? In regards to falsified figures, until Nigerians stop worshiping individuals as their god, there will not be enough push back to change situations for the better on a permanent basis.

There is a lot left to do compared to the little achieved thus far. Best wishes.

Good discourse. Exactly what attracted me to this thread in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
Buyers and sellers always have a reason for their actions...no condemnation with that. We are all here to make money if only we keep to the formula that works best for individual buying and selling decision. The best advice one can work on is your personal experience not what works for other person. In a simple summary, cash is the king. The probability of market falling is very high compare to rising due to some many factors known and unknown to us (my personal opinion). Promo is already on the way partaining to some stocks. Look for cash and don’t rush to buy...

#NoOneCanTimeTheMarket #JustMyOpinion
#AllTheBest

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by afope: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys
I am sorry if this sound stupid but I am very new to trading. Just signed on to Morgan platform. Going through their platform I didnt see where I can withdraw proceeds of my sold investment unlike other platforms I am familiar with.

To people using Morgan I have a couple of qns-

1) how do you withdraw the proceeds of your investment when you sell or is it credited directly to the bank details you submitted while opening the account with them?
2) If so, how fast is the credit? same day??

I could have asked them but I thought let me consult the expert in the house first

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
NSE finally separate the twins.

Presco close on full offer

Okomu closed n full bid.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Oga I have long declassified myself; I am not interested in trading or investing. My interest is to make money

Behold a bold statement from another wise fellow !!
...Welcome to the Nigerian Stock Exchange Sir Agba.
Love the part about 'declassifying oneself'. wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bisiki2: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
afope:
Hi guys
I am sorry if this sound stupid but I am very new to trading. Just signed on to Morgan platform. Going through their platform I didnt see where I can withdraw proceeds of my sold investment unlike other platforms I am familiar with.

1) how do you withdraw the proceeds of your investment when you sell or is it credited directly to the bank details you submitted while opening the account with them?

I could have asked them but I thought let me consult the expert in the house first

I would suggest you direct this questions to Morgan Capital via email. You can always make reference to their response in your subsequent transactions should the need arise.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Dem plenty here o; Oga Wanaj, Pa Emma, Balogun Plato, Senior Tolu, Akogun TLax

Others are; CP, Prof, Fuxer, madam Yariya, Mattress Oracle ati be be lo

Mattress Oraclegrin grin

Chai
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
afope:
Hi guys

Thanks

To receive the proceed of ur sale, u will have to send them a withdrawal request mail and do a fellow up until they effect the payment. Note that it has to be the same e-mail address u used while opening ur A/C with them.
...and once they do it, the money would usually take T+3 days (transaction payment date plus 3 days), to reflect in ur bank A/C for onward withdrawal. (...u can withdraw on the 3rd day begining from the day ur payment was effected).

However, u can also get the proceed of ur sale(s) paid directly to ur bank A/C. ...a process refered to as DIRECT CASH SETTLEMENT (DCS).
...this can be done via an application to the Nigerian Stock Exchange but through ur stockbroker (in this case morgancapital).

Hope its clearer now?

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
tiar:

My definition of INVESTOR has no reference to dividend stocks or seeking dividend. It is the ability to directly or indirectly (through the help of a proven professional) to invest in companies that are undeservedly (not based on emotion or likeness of the company's owner) trading below their fair value as referenced by near term performance expectations. Intermittent ups and downs in prices do not bother you as the value will reveal itself when it is ready. Your interest is to take a position and acquire the company's shares up to the demand you seek given that you have caught on early to the under the radar intrinsic value. Other market participants continue to look elsewhere until one day the stock takes off and people start scratching their head in bewilderment.

Cheers

Value investing.

We do it here. Ask Onegentleguy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

grin

You na pick and drop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

So which category do you belong; trader, investor or noise maker? grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
rebekah2011:
You are always funny. i am not even looking up to dat amount. Just give me N50m and I will retire. But the moment I get the N50m I will want to make more. Aliko dangote has proven over and over again that there are many opportunities in this Country to make money. Unfortunately there are many greedy people managing most businesses in Nigeria. Peter Amangbo was asked to shed more light on the 2.7b that Zenith will have to cough out annually to oviation Ltd. He simply said that there are not more to disclose other than what has been put out in the financials. But with us on the Board we can choose to act differently.

I listened to the conference call. The execs were kind of evasive.

That was why I advocated for an Icahn's style takeover of important firms in NSE. And that can be done by pooling funds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
rebekah2011:
You are always funny. i am not even looking up to dat amount. Just give me N50m and I will retire. But the moment I get the N50m I will want to make more. Aliko dangote has proven over and over again that there are many opportunities in this Country to make money.

(To the part in bold) You just described the "Hedonic treadmill".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Godisfaithful:
Buyers and sellers always have a reason for their actions...no condemnation with that. We are all here to make money if only we keep to the formula that works best for individual buying and selling decision. The best advice one can work on is your personal experience not what works for other person. In a simple summary, cash is the king. The probability of market falling is very high compare to rising due to some many factors known and unknown to us (my personal opinion). Promo is already on the way partaining to some stocks. Look for cash and don’t rush to buy...

#NoOneCanTimeTheMarket #JustMyOpinion
#AllTheBest

And only the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Oga mi, we have said you should not be pessimistic. let me rephrase for you.
RabbiDoracle:

And only the future will prove one of them to have made the right move.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Dem plenty here o; Oga Wanaj, Pa Emma, Balogun Plato, Senior Tolu, Akogun TLax

Others are; CP, Prof, Fuxer, madam Yariya, Mattress Oracle ati be be lo

Why u no put me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
rebekah2011:
Oga mi, we have said you should not be pessimistic. let me rephrase for you.

Maybe na my profession cause am.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Value investing.

Yes my dear !!
...like the early moves to 'Flour our mills, be a part of the Nollywood act and immediately gathering for that renowned press conference' to mention just a few.
Yet another great opportunity loading...
...the AI return. wink cheesy

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
ukay2:

Why u no put me?

Because you are not a noise maker like us. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
shigidi:

Excrutiatingly illiquid
that's my kind of stock. not d one with 50 billion os
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
Like Oga Loco is trying to wrestle University Press from Dr Lekan Are's hands.
yom2:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
I think Transcorp has the highest OS in NSE
yom2:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
GTay:
New IPO listings could boost market liquidity

According to the Executive Director and Co-founder of Sahara Group Limited Tonye Cole, the Nigerian energy conglomerate has revived its plans to take on an Initial Public Offering (IPO). The purpose of the IPO according to the founder is to provide capital for the company to achieve its target of increasing its oil production by four-fold to 100,000 bpd. We recall that the company had initially planned to list in 2015 but refrained due to unfavorable market conditions as well as lower crude prices. However, the recent equity market recovery, improving macro-economic conditions, and most importantly stable crude oil prices have revived previously shelved listing plans. Although Mr. Tonye Cole did not provide a timeline or give an indication on the offer size, we highlight that in 2015, the company was looking to sell as much as 25% of its business for $600 million. We note that this is one of two potential listings soon to be done on the NSE, the second one being MTN Nigeria which is scheduled for the second half of 2018. We expect the IPO to further deepen the equity market – providing more investment opportunities as well as market liquidity.

Via: Vetiva Online

This looks promising for the market cool

The man in question is coming out to contest for governorship position in rivers state. Question is what benefit comes to investors after the IPO? Careful with buying IPO's this season, they are better companies listed already.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
yom2:

Thank you jare.. not the one somebody will being flashing 500 million units up-and-down in FBNH

Come and Buy 500 million units of cutix or custodian na..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
Politically exposed individuals in Nigeria are not to be trusted with peoples' capital.
stcool:

The man in question is coming out to contest for governorship position in rivers state. Question is what benefit comes to investors after the IPO? Careful with buying IPO's this season, they are better companies listed already.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2018
I want to start buying illiquid stocks now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by afope: 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
onegentleguy:

To receive the proceed of ur sale, u will have to send them a withdrawal request mail and do a fellow up until they effect the payment. Note that it has to be the same e-mail address u used while opening ur A/C with them.
...and once they do it, the money would usually take T+3 days (transaction payment date plus 3 days), to reflect in ur bank A/C for onward withdrawal. (...u can withdraw on the 3rd day begining from the day ur payment was effected).

However, u can also get the proceed of ur sale(s) paid directly to ur bank A/C. ...a process refered to as DIRECT CASH SETTLEMENT (DCS).
...this can be done via an application to the Nigerian Stock Exchange but through ur stockbroker (in this case morgancapital).

Hope its clearer now?

Regards.

Very clear. Thank you and God bless you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
please start with Tripple Gee
Yayira:
I want to start buying illiquid stocks now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Value investing.

You can be a growth investor and still be an investor. It is about knowing why you entered, having the conviction to remain in until the stock gets to your bus stop (unless new negative significant information you were not aware of has been brought to the marketplace) and knowing that minimum upside price you intend to exit from a fundamental perspective.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
tiar:

My definition of INVESTOR has no reference to dividend stocks or seeking dividend. It is the ability to directly or indirectly (through the help of a proven professional) to invest in companies that are undeservedly (not based on emotion or likeness of the company's owner) trading below their fair value as referenced by near term performance expectations. Intermittent ups and downs in prices do not bother you as the value will reveal itself when it is ready. Your interest is to take a position and acquire the company's shares up to the demand you seek given that you have caught on early to the under the radar intrinsic value. Other market participants continue to look elsewhere until one day the stock takes off and people start scratching their head in bewilderment.

Cheers

NAHCO?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tiar: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2018
gamaliel9:

NAHCO?

NO! I was speaking in general terms actually. On a personal note, I do not offer stock recommendations publicly. I cannot take my approach to investingand dump it on others and I also do not want to be serenaded when things go well or derided when things do not go well.

I talk about companies from time to time (quite infrequently to be honest) and discuss something about their operations and activities that can help people make up their own minds as to the way forward.

Best wishes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (7705) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, Testimonies777(m), kdaddy, Prince081, BabsO2(m), Omooloriredade, sterlingD(m), ositadima1(m), phemmie06(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.