Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10822253 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (7726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Is the market rocking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
@stockbull, pls help us go to marina, firstbank hq that we are tired of waiting.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Here you go

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/2403_DANGOTE_SUGAR_PLC_2012_RESULTS_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2013.pdf
Based on this results, I got the following metrics from my spreadsheet:
EPS = 0.8946
PE = 9.2777
Div Yield = 6%
PAT ROA = 13%
Operating Profit ROA = 17%
ROE = 13%
BV/Share = 3.8558
P/B = 2.1500
Earnings Yield = 11%
FCFE = 21.676Billion
FCFE/Share = 1.8100
FCF Yield = 22%
WC/Share = 2.65
Gross profit margin = 20%
Operating Profit Margin = 13%
Profit Margin = 10%
SGNA%age of Gross Profit = 33%
Any opposing view?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nigerian stock exchange:

Sterling Bank Q1 2013 result

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_News...APRIL_2013.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Nigerian stock exchange:

Sterling Bank Q1 2013 result

No wonder d price jumped yesterday after d mark down.
I told my stock broker to sell at N3, but wen I saw d jump yesterday, I cancelled d order.
I need to recover sum lost cash and sterling seems to be helping.
I sold my non performing stocks and placed order for Nem and Japaul. Though d shares in car park have not gotten buyer.

Nascon shld take a leaf frm sterling ooo. I also heard sterling is coming to raise funds frm d mkt, so I expect d price to rally b4 they start.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
valacious: @stockbull, pls help us go to marina, firstbank hq that we are tired of waiting.

the signs are not looking good; any dividend below 120 kobo will be a fatal disaster.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
i seldom recommend this first bank stock. It's a pity the time they are known to be mr div and bonus is turning to history.so many stock brokers as agents deceiving investors in the part. The stock is similar to google and apple stocks in america. Endure more
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lazinc(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
stockbull:

i seldom recommend this first bank stock. It's a pity the time they are known to be mr div and bonus is turning to history.so many stock brokers as agents deceiving investors in the part. The stock is similar to google and apple stocks in america. Endure more

Oga Stockbull, I respect your sound analysis but I beg to disagree with you on this. FBN still has very strong fundamentals and excellent economic moat when compare to it pairs. You may just be surprise when their result is release.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
First bank beta not kolo o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
laz_inc:

Oga Stockbull, I respect your sound analysis but I beg to disagree with you on this. FBN still has very strong fundamentals and excellent economic moat when compare to it pairs. You may just be surprise when their result is release.
truly,still strong but oba otudeko and oba akaran and some others have done evil to the bank and the time the stock will come with morning pictures and not the afternoon cosmetical results would still come. You can not justify their performances and results with their strength. Why? first bank should be leading. Personally, i dislike failure of responsibility.their will not be any suprise on div. It's just that am very far away and not having any clip of what goes in the market now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
mercylicious:

No wonder d price jumped yesterday after d mark down.
I told my stock broker to sell at N3, but wen I saw d jump yesterday, I cancelled d order.
I need to recover sum lost cash and sterling seems to be helping.

Nascon shld take a leaf frm sterling ooo. I also heard sterling is coming to raise funds frm d mkt, so I expect d price to rally b4 they start.

97 percent rise in PAT , yet stock falls five percent today. .....hmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
DAAR Communications declares N7.8bln PAT in Q3 '12 http://proshareng.com/news/19730

Please, does anybody have any info that explains the "Other Income" of N13bln which made the PAT jump from 40mln in Q2 to 7.84bln in Q3?
I beg, treat as urgent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:06am On Apr 18, 2013
chillykelly86: DAAR Communications declares N7.8bln PAT in Q3 '12 http://proshareng.com/news/19730

Please, does anybody have any info that explains the "Other Income" of N13bln which made the PAT jump from 40mln in Q2 to 7.84bln in Q3?
I beg, treat as urgent
Two things:
1. FG Payment for coverage of Junior FIFA World cup.
2. DAAR/FIDELITY Bank loan restructing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:13am On Apr 18, 2013
i want staco to wake up from slumbering
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2013
stockbull:

i want staco to wake up from slumbering

Thats simple and easy..Go to their company address and bang on the gate 100 times or more. Hopefully that will wake them from their slumber. LOl.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2013
ihedioramma: Y UNA DAY TALK OF NEM? HAS THE STOCK GO UP TO #10 BEFOR? OR DO U PEOPLE THINK SAY THE STOCK GO GO UP LIKE WHAT PRICE? .

Ah Ah, Bros, No be quarrel na. If you no like the stock, just do like say you no see the talk wey dem dey talk about am. From my own view, it may not rise to N10 anytime soon but the probability it will rise considerably is high.
It is also important to note that "rise" is relative, usually measured in percentage. So, a stock you bought at N6 rising to N10(66.7% rise) would not have appreciated better than a stock you bought at N1 rising to N2(100% rise).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:00am On Apr 18, 2013
9free:
Two things:
1. FG Payment for coverage of Junior FIFA World cup.
2. DAAR/FIDELITY Bank loan restructing.
Thanks bro, this is really helpful.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jposuagwu: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2013
Please stockbull and other gurus in here I need clarification on Okomu and Presco. There were a lot of noise and questions raised when these two coys released their annual results. Till today, am yet to understand the following:

1. Did both companies make the PAT they claimed to have made?
2. Did they falsify figures in any way - if yes, how?
3. What was the role of NSE in the whole issue concerning the results released by both companies.
4. Are both companies likely to repeat performance of 2012 in 2013 especially as it concerns revenue?
5. After mark down in May is Okomu likely going to experience any serious rally?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2013
Some banking stocks are currently taking a blow below the belt at the moment...

Expect FBNH result anytime from now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
is first bank result out? tempted to opt out of the first bank, but maybe i should just hang on....maybeeee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Some banking stocks are currently taking a blow below the belt at the moment...

Expect FBNH result anytime from now
I pray Diamond bank should take the most hits.
Patiently waiting for it at N3.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
9free:

haba, bros which kain prayer be dat now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
9free:

haba, bros which kain prayer dis now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
valacious:

haba, bros which kain prayer dis now
Na prayer of a value investor oooo.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
9free:

If to say you be strong prayer warrior wahala for dey stock market o...chia grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
First bank o...I think some peeps have seen their result, cos loosing N0.20k right now no be beans o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
valacious: First bank o...I think some peeps have seen their result, cos loosing N0.20k right now no be beans o.

You must be really heavy in this stock...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
valacious: First bank o...I think some peeps have seen their result, cos loosing N0.20k right now no be beans o.

its actually loosing 30 kobo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Unity bank result is out. Abeg make una check am.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Born 2be Rich: You must be really heavy in this stock...
infact overweight!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
mercylicious: Unity bank result is out. Abeg make una check am.

Unity bank result is out...No coporate action cry:

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (7726) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Boshins, Princkez, SetrakusRa(m), eziokwunwoko(m), Heishere, ekkywolex(m), nosa2(m), dammybrite and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.