Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10795362 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (7713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
FrankTalk1:
What is happening to sterling Bank? Some guys may be seeing what we are not seeing!
I am watching it on iTrade and wondering the same. Am trying to run some quick analysis but nothing impressive about them so far.

Where are the prophets here ? any word from the mountain? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
pdozie:

LOL - 5800 naira

I tire Ooooh.

Because I know the price of FCMB.

I thought you were calculating per share.

Immediately FCMB hit 3 Naira, I don port.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Born2berich:

Rule number 1: Buy low sell high. smiley

No sir. I beg to differ with you! Your rule only apply to long term investors. The best rule for short term is to Buy high and sell higher. Buying when the prices are falling is like trying to catch a falling knife. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Kevostica:

I think Oando wants to divest and list its downstream in Nse. could that be the reason?
Oando stock had stagnated for the following reasons (1) The crude oil price crash. This has not been the best of times for crude oil producing/exporting companies and nations around the world. (2) The general Nigerian Market condition occasioned by the said crude oil crash, the naira crash and election blues, and (3) News drought. Oando stock thrives on Press Releases grin with forward looking statements grin, and there have not been many Press Releases coming out of Oando lately. As for the divestment, they should thank their stars they had not foolishly gambled away their downstream business, just when oil companies around the world are falling back on their downstream operations (refining arms and all that) to help them weather the effect of the upstream crash. I'm sure that divestment is dead, unless the oando fathers are in cahoots with the buyers of the downstream biz.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
My people, long time no see.
What will be the effect of devaluation on our industries and export e.g unilever PZ e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
FrankTalk1:

No sir. I beg to differ with you! Your rule only apply to long term investors. The best rule for short term is to Buy high and sell higher. Buying when the prices are falling is like trying to catch a falling knife. wink

Ok sir, time will tell. smiley

For every buyer there is a seller, and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake- Oracle.

#Issokay

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Why is NSE preventing some stocks from falling, like Transcorp with current price of 2.85 naira and you cant bid lower than that ref price today, also UBA with reference price of 3.70 and you cant bid lower than 3.69 today and among others. Does anyone has an insider info on this?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Born2berich:

Ok sir, time will tell. smiley

For every buyer there is a seller, and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake- Oracle.

#Issokay

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hw do i knw my order is executed n if nt, hw do i cancel n place anoda order?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
NB's ex div is tomorrow and it may cross the 149 resistance after today. Looking like a good buy for div payout and capital gain, at current price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:
NB's ex div is tomorrow and it may cross the 149 resistance after today. Looking like a good buy for div payout and capital gain, at current price.

Can i buy tomrow and still qualify for the dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dragonking:

Can i buy tomrow and still qualify for the dividend?
whoever buys before its marked down is entitled, i think...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

is d mark down today or tomorw
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dragonking:

is d mark down today or tomorw
tomorrow, 5th of march
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

tomorrow, 5th of march

i dnt have cash today but intend to buy tmrw..that means if i buy tomrw i will not qualify for the dividend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebony9ja(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Jejebaba:
Why is NSE preventing some stocks from falling, like Transcorp with current price of 2.85 naira and you cant bid lower than that ref price today, also UBA with reference price of 3.70 and you cant bid lower than 3.69 today and among others. Does anyone has an insider info on this?

The prices you see on the reference list are predetermined by the market makers before start of trading each day. Those prices are direct functions of bid & offer prices of previous day trade. If a stock closed on serious bid the previous day, market makers will set the next day price band with 9-10% . Reverse is the case with a stock that closed at net offer. you are likely going to see the price band set at a lower % markup .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dragonking:

i dnt have cash today but intend to buy tmrw..that means if i buy tomrw i will not qualify for the dividend
i think the mark down is usually done at mid day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

Not so. Whoever buys before cob today qualifies for the dividend. Most investors sell after qualifying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
zendi:
Oando stock had stagnated for the following reasons (1) The crude oil price crash. This has not been the best of times for crude oil producing/exporting companies and nations around the world. (2) The general Nigerian Market condition occasioned by the said crude oil crash, the naira crash and election blues, and (3) News drought. Oando stock thrives on Press Releases grin with forward looking statements grin, and there have not been many Press Releases coming of Oando lately. As for the divestment, they should thank their stars they had not foolishly gambled away their downstream business, just when oil companies around the world are falling back on their downstream operations (refining arms and all that) to help them weather the effect of the upstream crash. I'm sure that divestment is dead, unless the oando fathers are in cahoots with the buyers of the downstream biz.

Was surprised when I saw this in the morning.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/26174.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
kotlass:

Not so. Whoever buys before cob today qualifies for the dividend. Most investors sell after qualifying.

thanks.that means even if i buy tomrw i wont still qualify for the dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
kotlass:

yea thats actually why i brought the issue here. You think NB will rally on and go beyond 149 after the mark down. 149 is the resistance and its doing 150 now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
kotlass:

This is indeed remarkable! Why didn't they let their shareholders know they were not exposed to the oil price slump like everyone had assumed?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by princewilordu(f): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Please i need a guide on how to go about the knowledge of the stock market, am a pure novice, i don't understand anything in the market at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

This is indeed remarkable! Why didn't they let their shareholders know they were not exposed to the oil price slump like everyone had assumed?

It was an already known fact. Oil price slump affects upstream players negatively and downstream players positively. Those who lacked the knowledge were scared not knowing that it is a huge boost for the downstream Oil and Gas sector.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Excellent7(m): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

They said it that their production was hedged at 100 USD or thereabouts until 2016.
the new just confirms it.
It is a smart move in my opinion by cashing out now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
duni04:

yea thats actually why i brought the issue here. You think NB will rally on and go beyond 149 after the mark down. 149 is the resistance and its doing 150 now

I wish I knew. But just to inform you that "mark down" is done to discount corporate action taken (dividend/bonus) from the share price of a stock. So expect that on the Mark down date, the price of the stock falls by the value of the div/bonus declared. E.g if NB plc declares a 1: 1 bonus, thus doubling it's OS, then the price will be slashed in half on the mark down date. Market capitalization remains almost the same.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2015
Stock market is funny o. So what happened to all the negative news on FBNH? They no longer exists or investors have suddenly forgotten? FBNH seen at N8.30.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
kotlass:

with decline in crude oil price, when will Oando finish paying their debt of $615 million (USD), I think forward looking statement, (from #95 per a barrel to #65 per a barrel) may be till 2019. What will be the condition of Oando within this their debt period? Movement toward northern pole or southern pole? Or forward looking statement?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
kotlass:
Stock market is funny o. So what happened to all the negative news on FBNH? They no longer exists or investors have suddenly forgotten? FBNH seen at N8.30.
wait till you see season five, remember trap exist.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
It's like Chibuking81 & BEAR dey share the same Duffel. You like Bear and Trap kinda gist too much.

If you warn them and dem no gree, free them naaaaaa, no b by force to heed to your warning grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (7713) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, Agbalowomeri, smasher1(m), ositadima1(m), yMcy56(f), Yem0350 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.