Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler (4080 Views)

Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) / 18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision / Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by SisiKill1: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
Will you drive this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvvsRBSroA

The C1 will have a 200-mile range, do zero-to-60 mph in 6 seconds with a 120-mph top speed

The C1 operates much like a car, with a steering wheel that works in concert with the two gyroscopes sitting beneath the driver. Turn in either direction and the C1 knows to slightly lean the machine over in that direction to facilitate the turn. "It's not like riding a motorcycle, where you the rider has to lean," says Kim. "It's more like piloting a fighter jet, where you turn and the plane banks."

An accelerator pedal sends electric current to the two wheel-mounted motors, while the brake pedal scrubs off speed; there's a small space for cargo behind the single seat.

Target customers - People who already ride motorcycles but are concerned about safety, don't like dressing up in bulky riding gear and crave more storage space. But an ever larger market "would be people who might have never ridden a motorcycle but are looking for a solution to their commuting headache," he says.

Personally. . .I LOVE IT!!! Can definitely see myself cruising around in one of this.

To the Car Experts - How well do you think this will fare in Nigeria?
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by SamMilla1(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
It is a coated bike not a car
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by k2039: 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
This is not a car but a enclosed motorcycle.

Nice concept though, I will drive it, it will be fun all the way, no hold-up.

Modified keke napep.
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by honeric01(m): 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
k2039: This is not a car but a enclosed motorcycle.

Nice concept though, I will drive it, it will be fun all the way, no hold-up.

A collision with a Dangote truck is going to be very deadly just like that of power bikes.

With power bikes, you can jump off when sensing danger but in this, you'd get crushed like gesha without any hope of jumping out.
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by k2039: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
honeric01:

A collision with a Dangote truck is going to be very deadly just like that of power bikes.

With power bikes, you can jump off when sensing danger but in this, you'd get crushed like gesha without any hope of jumping out.

I just didn't think in that line, obviously your post made maximum sense.
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by Wallie(m): 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
Pretty cool seeing the idea come to fruition! The use of gyroscopes and its ability to resist force about its rotation axis is well known but seeing it in action is thrilling nonetheless! In this case, there are two spinning gyroscopes that keep the bike upright. However, like most technological innovation, the science is well known but implementation of it is where boys get separated from men.

Here's a pic of a one wheeled bike using gyroscopes.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
after all the yabis of correct cars sisi finally shows us her dream vehicle - an aluminium enclosed bicycle cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by SisiKill1: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
oyb: after all the yabis of correct cars sisi finally shows us her dream vehicle - an aluminium enclosed bicycle cheesy cheesy

Rotflmaooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dead!!
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by SisiKill1: 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wallie:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/915400_Uno_jpg452eecd2b60d5b636aa9269da1eec700

Oooh! Nice!!! I likey! kiss

Really need to read up on this Gyrowhachumacallit.

honeric01:

Contrary to Oyb says, I don't think it would be made out of aluminium.

Did you watch the entire video? Did you see the collision demonstration?
Re: The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler by honeric01(m): 2:32am On Dec 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Oooh! Nice!!! I likey! kiss

Really need to read up on this Gyrowhachumacallit.

Contrary to Oyb says, I don't think it would be made out of aluminium.

Did you watch the entire video? Did you see the collision demonstration?

But not on Nigerian roads na.

(1) (Reply)

So I Visited Gazzuzz's Workshop... / Siena Please Come Back! / Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.