Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:11 PM

Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? (1935 Views)

Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / What Makes An Opposite Sex Attractive To You / Are Nigerian Girls Intimidated By Handsome Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
I met this half-naija chic recently and she literally killed the pseudo-alpha-male crap I thought I had.. We chat like almost everyday and we've gone out together on a few dates.... However, the more I chat to this chic, the more my over-bloated ego gets deflated.

She's just 19 and not exaggerating, her body is super-duper crazy like Bria Myles' body(I just wish I could post her pics but I won't for privacy reasons)... Attended the top private schools in the UK from the nursery to college level and currently an Economics undergraduate at Cambridge University(Clare College)... She has like the poshest British accent I've ever heard a Black Briton speak - it's Princess-Diana/Royal-Family-esque... Overly intelligent, smart, and knowledgeable for her own good - and she knows about everything from religions(Taoism, Abrahamic, Hinduism, Buddhism, Pastafarianism, Ifa, Native South American religions etc.), cultures (Europe, Africa, far east, and remote places in Oceania and South America), Computing, Politics(from realpolitik in Whitehall, Washington, Africa, to the Eastern bloc), international relations etc..

I was jamming with this chic in the car a few days ago - and she started feeling my body and biceps... I thought that was the "green-light" - tried kissing her beautiful posh lips and she said; no... We continued our convo. and I dropped her off after that... Subsequently, she rang my phone and told me she has never dated a black guy because of what I did - and started ranting about how most black guys are this and that blah blah... I was just dumbfounded!!... God knows I have been around the "block" and I've met different types/creeds of people... I also graduated from a Russell Group University and I've met different classes of people - however, this chic is basically different... She's a rebel!! - I've never met anyone like her, to be honest...

We've agreed to meet-up again this weekend... Right now, I'm having goosebumps because I'm a realist and I've got some "niggerish" attitudes that might put her off completely... However, I'm also fascinated by this chic because of her rebellious ways and her level of intellectualism(she's darn too knowledgeable and intelligent for her age)...

Have you ever experienced something similar?? - share your story, I'll like to know the end game...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Dsage1: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
@op, no! Except to say hello or those that relate to me, I don't rapt with girls bellow 20. Apart from the fact that i hates their childish stuffs, their levels of reasoning are totally far from mine.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by ITbomb(m): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
teenage tantrums , hope u can cope with it.
She might be brilliant , knowing all those things they teach in school but he just have to be emotionally mature to trip me.
Good luck Bro. I know u r already in lurve, whatever I would say na wash for u
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
sounds like rose coloured glasses, to me.

look very well, you'll see a comma somewhere, or maybe not sha, given your youthful exuberance.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
and she knows about everything from religions(Taoism, Abrahamic, Hinduism, Buddhism, Pastafarianism, Ifa, Native South American religions etc.), cultures (Europe, Africa, far east, and remote places in Oceania and South America), Computing, Politics(from realpolitik in Whitehall, Washington, Africa, to the Eastern bloc), international relations etc..

na mammy water?

or you just mean to say she's a good conversationalist, not that she blabs endlessly about nothing in particular.

you should clarify, not trying to slow your roll, but just saying.

would make the same observation if it were vice versa, and she was the one typing about you.

i mean, did you have a checklist or something?
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1: sounds like rose coloured glasses, to me.

look very well, you'll see a comma somewhere, or maybe not sha, given your youthful exuberance.

Trust me Tpia, she's that intelligent and knowledgeable...

She reads a lot and I've been to her house like once...

Explain my "youthful exuberance??" - I just like to joke around, but I'm an old soul... grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1:
na mammy water?

or you just mean to say she's a good conversationalist, not that she blabs endlessly about nothing in particular.

you should clarify, not trying to slow your roll, but just saying.

would make the same observation if it were vice versa, and she was the one typing about you.

i mean, did you have a checklist or something?

Nah, she does blab - and I should be able to discern that because of my vast knowledge...

She's just a nerd with an amazing body and a beautiful face albeit still young...

Age is nothing but a number, anyway - since she's well above the legal age...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
D sage: @op, no! Except to say hello or those that relate to me, I don't rapt with girls bellow 20. Apart from the fact that i hates their childish stuffs, their levels of reasoning are totally far from mine.

I didn't even know she was under 20 - her body looks mid-20ish(curvy with massive batty) and her dress sense is way above her age, trust me..
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
ITbomb: teenage tantrums , hope u can cope with it.
She might be brilliant , knowing all those things they teach in school but he just have to be emotionally mature to trip me.
Good luck Bro. I know u r already in lurve, whatever I would say na wash for u

Explain further, bro...

I'm jumping out of the office right about now - will be back in a couple of hours....
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
I should be able to discern that because of my vast knowledge...

like i said, youthful exuberance.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
She's just a nerd with an amazing body and a beautiful face albeit still young...

Age is nothing but a number, anyway - since she's well above the legal age...

where's the father, since you said half naija.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1:

where's the father, since you said half naija.

He's involved in some oil stuff in Nigeria and he lives there - I didn't bother asking her about what he does...

Not really interested, anyway..
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by coogar: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx: I met this half-naija chic recently and she literally killed the pseudo-alpha-male crap I thought I had.. We chat like almost everyday and we've gone out together on a few dates.... However, the more I chat to this chic, the more my over-bloated ego gets deflated.

She's just 19 and not exaggerating, her body is super-duper crazy like Bria Myles' body(I just wish I could post her pics but I won't for privacy reasons)... Attended the top private schools in the UK from the nursery to college level and currently an Economics undergraduate at Cambridge University(Clare College)... She has like the poshest British accent I've ever heard a Black Briton speak - it's Princess-Diana/Royal-Family-esque... Overly intelligent, smart, and knowledgeable for her own good - and she knows about everything from religions(Taoism, Abrahamic, Hinduism, Buddhism, Pastafarianism, Ifa, Native South American religions etc.), cultures (Europe, Africa, far east, and remote places in Oceania and South America), Computing, Politics(from realpolitik in Whitehall, Washington, Africa, to the Eastern bloc), international relations etc..

I was jamming with this chic in the car a few days ago - and she started feeling my body and biceps... I thought that was the "green-light" - tried kissing her beautiful posh lips and she said; no... We continued our convo. and I dropped her off after that... Subsequently, she rang my phone and told me she has never dated a black guy because of what I did - and started ranting about how most black guys are this and that blah blah... I was just dumbfounded!!... God knows I have been around the "block" and I've met different types/creeds of people... I also graduated from a Russell Group University and I've met different classes of people - however, this chic is basically different... She's a rebel!! - I've never met anyone like her, to be honest...

We've agreed to meet-up again this weekend... Right now, I'm having goosebumps because I'm a realist and I've got some "niggerish" attitudes that might put her off completely... However, I'm also fascinated by this chic because of her rebellious ways and her level of intellectualism(she's darn too knowledgeable and intelligent for her age)...

Have you ever experienced something similar?? - share your story, I'll like to know the end game...

send her to me....she shall be tamed within 30 mins!
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1:

like i said, youthful exuberance.

Perhaps, it's because of my outbursts against Nigeria and Nigerians on nl.. But hey, I'm a realist and I say it how I see it...

Look at what a Nigerian academic said about Nigeria and Nigerians:

Education which is being able to read, write and speak the English language in Nigeria amounts to nothing but ego boosting chauvinism where the educated elites work for self-progress and not collective progress of the tribe, religion or nation.
https://www.nairaland.com/1128214/re-remember-differently-kadiri

^^^Perhaps, Mr. S. Kadiri who's over 50 years old also suffers from youthful exuberance, no grin

It's definitely hard being a realist around Nigerians - Nigerians hate the truth... undecided

I'm out for now, anyway...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
coogar:

send her to me....she shall be tamed within 30 mins!

Lmao.... The chic is feisty as fvck, trust me..
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by coogar: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx:

there are many of them in the capital - intimidated?
what were you guys talking about that got you so intimidated?
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by noblegas2(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx:

Fiersty? Oga shymexx step up ur game jor!
When she rang you after touching you in the car, what was your reaction? Dude, she tickled ur fantasy and you kept quiet
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
coogar:

there are many of them in the capital - intimidated?
what were you guys talking about that got you so intimidated?

Bro, I have met tons of feisty chics... However, most of them are just superficial with no substance - and easy beat when the smoke clears...

But this chic is different... This is London and my CV is crazy, trust me!!!

When a chic tells you she's never dated a black guy because of some stereotypical crap, however, she loves Afrobeats and has been to naija clubs in Central London(Obviously, hang out with black folks)... Then you'll definitely feel a little bit intimidated because every black guy out there has some stereotypical stuffs, either subconsciously or consciously that they exhibit - and that might put her off completely... It's just that fear - and you also can't intimidate her with anything whatsoever because she's a top chic...

Educate me on what game to play? - I'm all ears, bro...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
noble_gas1:

Fiersty? Oga shymexx step up ur game jor!
When she rang you after touching you in the car, what was your reaction? Dude, she tickled ur fantasy and you kept quiet

I apologised, bro.. grin ;

Just told her I was carried away..
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by coogar: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx:

Bro, I have met tons of feisty chics... However, most of them are just superficial with no substance - and easy beat when the smoke clears...

But this chic is different... This is London and my CV is crazy, trust me!!!

When a chic tells you she's never dated a black guy because of some stereotypical crap, however, she loves Afrobeats and has been to naija clubs in Central London(Obviously, hang out with black folks)... Then you'll definitely feel a little bit intimidated because every black guy out there has some stereotypical stuffs, either subconsciously or consciously that they exhibit - and that might put her off completely... It's just that fear - and you also can't intimidate her with anything whatsoever because she's a top chic...

Educate me on what game to play? - I'm all ears, bro...

intimidated because she's never dated a black man?
that's even enough incentive for you to win the grand prize. just be yourself and tell her in no clear terms you are not one of the negroes in the backstreet of london. let her see your worth herself without having to brag. the class in you should speak for itself!
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
How many men has she dated at 19, in order for her to make that kind of judgement.

Seems like you're being colour struck and not thinking clearly.

Are you sure she's 19 and not 39.

You did say she has the body of a 30 year old ( whatever that means).

I dont know, i'd find ways to verify the age sha,
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
My comments arent set in stone however, no need to panic.

I know people start dating early overseas.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tellwsdom: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
shymexx: I met this half-naija chic recently and she literally killed the pseudo-alpha-male crap I thought I had.. We chat like almost everyday and we've gone out together on a few dates.... However, the more I chat to this chic, the more my over-bloated ego gets deflated.

Bro, if you want to see her yansh via me..send me her number. sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tellwsdom: 9:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1: My comments arent set in stone however, no need to panic.

I know people start dating early overseas.

What is the meaning of otapiapia; your name?? sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by HarvardGrad: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
Girls like that are few, most of them just want to look fine and basically offer nothing else. The dumbest thing you can do with this chick however is to bend over, I am not saying you should be a jerk or arrogant or anything like that. You have to be confident, hold your ground and let her see you are not just a mass of muscles with nothing else to offer.
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
coogar:
intimidated because she's never dated a black man?
that's even enough incentive for you to win the grand prize. just be yourself and tell her in no clear terms you are not one of the negroes in the backstreet of london. let her see your worth herself without having to brag. the class in you should speak for itself!

I hear that... It's just a case of getting a "rebel"/"non-conformist"(and a feisty one at that) into a new zone... I don't really show it, I act like she's just anything when I'm around her, or chat to her... She doesn't believe in voting, nor the status-quo as well..

I'll just be real and let it flow...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
tpia1: How many men has she dated at 19, in order for her to make that kind of judgement.

Seems like you're being colour struck and not thinking clearly.

Are you sure she's 19 and not 39.

You did say she has the body of a 30 year old ( whatever that means).

I dont know, i'd find ways to verify the age sha,

Damn Tpia1!! angry angry angry

You're definitely someone I'm also fascinated by - a pain in the ar.se... grin

However, I've never been colour struck - I grew up around all races of people, went to school with them, work with them, and I'm always around more people from other races than black folks(due to my job)... I don't really care about colour, to be honest...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
Harvard-Grad:
Girls like that are few, most of them just want to look fine and basically offer nothing else. The dumbest thing you can do with this chick however is to bend over, I am not saying you should be a jerk or arrogant or anything like that. You have to be confident, hold your ground and let her see you are not just a mass of muscles with nothing else to offer.

Trust me... You went to Harvard - so you should be able to relate...
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 12:19am On Dec 14, 2012
The lady sounds like she's playing with you, imo.

I mean, if this is a true story, you said she was feeling your body and biceps ( if present), and when you responded, she suddenly cut it short and then called you afterwards to tell you she doesnt date black guys because they're too forward.

You're being played like a johnny just come, dear.

Of course i could be wrong!

Anyway, this makes fascinating reading and perhaps should be in literature section?
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by tpia1: 12:20am On Dec 14, 2012
Abi na onila?
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 14, 2012
tpia1: The lady sounds like she's playing with you, imo.

I mean, if this is a true story, you said she was feeling your body and biceps ( if present), and when you responded, she suddenly cut it short and then called you afterwards to tell you she doesnt date black guys because they're too forward.

You're being played like a johnny just come, dear.

Of course i could be wrong!

Anyway, this makes fascinating reading and perhaps should be in literature section?

What are you on about? - and why would I lie about it?? Or you want me to give the chic's full names - it's the UK and you should be able to get her background info. on google... How about pictures and bbm/whatsapp chat history?? What do you want??

Anyway, I don't open threads for stupid reasons...

You're also weird, feisty, and eccentric in your own little way - I bet some people won't believe someone like you exist on this planet, to be honest... grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 14, 2012
tpia1: Abi na onila?

Onila is fresh and she lives in America - so it's definitely not her...

I'll like to meet the psycho behind that handle, though... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Love Most About Her? / Photos: See What I Got Today / "Stay Away From Nigerian Men! All Nigerian Men Are Conmen’ – Kenyan Girl Writes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.