Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria (12706 Views)

First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / How To Increase Or Exceed Whatsapp Free Trial Period / Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by techsuplex: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Airtel Nigeria, this morning just hit us up with the news about completing their Long Term Evolution Networks trial in Lagos Nigeria, You will remember that we mentioned MTN and Globacom’s LTE plans a few months ago. From their tests, they were able to maintain connections as fast as 32-37 Mbps for downloads and 10Mbps for uploads. The tests were carried out in Lagos, but there are plans to carry out the same tests in other parts of the country. So if you have an LTE capable device and an airtel sim, you may want to flick the LTE antenna on every now and then to see if you catch one of the tests on a band your device supports.

More details at the source: http://www.techsuplex.com/2012/12/13/airtel-completes-4g-lte-trial-in-nigeria/
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
aah that explains the day my device was showing H+ on a Aosp rom when i toggled lte.

i just assumed the thing was showing wrong logo because of the custom rom. it was pretty fast too but i was using opera mini anyway so.........
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Francheezy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
unlimited br0wsing g0 sweet with diz lte 0oh
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by puskin: 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
I just hope this is not all their voodoo speed.
These networks wan start again sha.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by RedLight1: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
non sense ... am yet to get a bar on their 3.75g they launched almost a year now and they are talking about 4g ... mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
Airtel should work on coverage & stability of their 3G abi na 3.75G network instead of all these senrere. . .

I'm presently subscribed to their 1gb/a month BIS package for use on my PC but for like a week now I haven't gotten 3G in my area

What's the use of all these 3G, 3.5G, 3.75G, 4G etc that the GSM telcos bandy around if they ain't steady?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by alienware(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
etisalat don do me
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by temmytanny(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
If it happens,it would be a big plus with unlimited browsing and not data cap. company like DSTV would be in trouble cos everybody go dey watch soccer online.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
mstcheww..that i still use to board #30 bus to go and search for 3G

*now climbing my tank maybe i might get* wink

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
LTE Forreal hope the speed is as fast as what we have above but then guess u will have ti charge and use
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
temmytanny: If it happens,it would be a big plus with unlimited browsing and not data cap. company like DSTV would be in trouble cos everybody go dey watch soccer online.

Na so my brother. If I can get such speeds with unlimited data at 10k/month, i will jump on it. Every single match I need to watch, every single film, all na online tins o.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by DHeirApparent: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
4G has been a disappointment worldwide. Original idea was
Ip based communication. Like Voip, which will bring
An end to roaming charges built on d ipv6 backbone
However that has been discontinued.because no network want to loose roamin charges
So realistically no nation is has d real long term evolution (LTE). Airtel
Shldnt bother. Dey shld jus focus on enhance network scalability and quality

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by heed101(m): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nonsense! They shld improve on EDGE and 3G jare. Airtel is f u c k i n g slow for my liking or are they a learner
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Has anybody observed how fast your credit disappears on airtel network? They are the most dubious of the operators

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by bigpastor(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
chief batiatus: Has anybody observed how fast your credit disappears on airtel network? They are the most dubious of the operators
I guess you should use the BIS for Airtel that costs N1200
It's the cheapest plan amongst all the networks.
Giving you 1G for a month.
Text BSM to 440

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
I hope the blackberry 10 coming out next year would be 4G compactible o , cos this is a welcomed development.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by knockturnal(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
heed101: Nonsense! They shld improve on EDGE and 3G jare. Airtel is f u c k i n g slow for my liking or are they a learner
sorry, which part of the amazon are you residing? Cos i browse at the speed of light with the airtel network.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Zemhen1: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
techsuplex: Airtel Nigeria, this morning just hit us up with the news about completing their Long Term Evolution Networks trial in Lagos Nigeria, You will remember that we mentioned MTN and Globacom’s LTE plans a few months ago. From their tests, they were able to maintain connections as fast as 32-37 Mbps for downloads and 10Mbps for uploads. The tests were carried out in Lagos, but there are plans to carry out the same tests in other parts of the country. So if you have an LTE capable device and an airtel sim, you may want to flick the LTE antenna on every now and then to see if you catch one of the tests on a band your device supports.

More details at the source: http://www.techsuplex.com/2012/12/13/airtel-completes-4g-lte-trial-in-nigeria/
Fake ass network......tried their sim on my iPad last year, it was showing 3G but couldn't open Facebook .......I do 3 birthday before e open google grin

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by roland20(m): 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
which is the best network to browse with in aba abia state.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Blackteeth(m): 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
GPRS speed in Nigeria = 7 kb/s.

EDGE speed in Nigeria = 25 kb/s.

3.5G speed in Nigeria = 400 kb/s.

LTE speed in Nigeria = 2 mb/s.

GPRS speed outside Nigeria = 50 kb/s.

EDGE speed outside Nigeria = 250 kb/s.

3.5G speed outside Nigeria = 5 mb/s.

LTE speed outside Nigeria = 35 mb/s.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by nairalady(f): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
heed101: Nonsense! They shld improve on EDGE and 3G jare. Airtel is f u c k i n g slow for my liking or are they a learner
well, over here, it's pretty fast
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Francheezy: unlimited br0wsing g0 sweet with diz lte 0oh
people like you with dis your pd proxy thing will make airtel change their mind.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Adamo84(m): 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Stewpid Network, maitained by stewpid Fellas set up by Drunken EEEEDiat, They interupted my BIS 5days before its due date, whenever i call Customer Care to resolve the issue, they kept telling me different Bull shi.t. i got tired and decided to finish my Data using my Modem. 4G kor! 10G ni! Shioooooor!
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by pat077: 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2012
roland20: which is the best network to browse with in aba abia state.
Nitel.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
roland20: which is the best network to browse with in aba abia state.
Aba people na still NITEL things na
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
Blackteeth: GPRS speed in Nigeria = 7 kb/s.

so you are saying all other remain countries internet speed is nothing less than that (225 countries maybe)?? If not kindly be specific and stop making Nigeria look bad...
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Exactly...
the 3G in naija is slow and expensive and not even as fast as my edge in the UK, now they are talking bout 4g lite...Lolz.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Oladenis(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Francheezy: unlimited br0wsing g0 sweet with diz lte 0oh
well is okay sha
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by arbitrage: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
lte or 4g has nothing to do with h speed. even as i type now, airtel signal as well as glo and mtn in my area is h speed, beyond 3g. but the data thruput is far from all those noise making.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by jude33084(m): 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
big pastor:
I guess you should use the BIS for Airtel that costs N1200
It's the cheapest plan amongst all the networks.
Giving you 1G for a month.
Text BSM to 440

Can u use it for your laptop?
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by zenus(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
Waiting for this beast to land by Monday, then I will give you feed back.

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Niggmatic: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
Blackteeth: GPRS speed in Nigeria = 7 kb/s.

This is not true, it depends on your location. Airtel 3.7g speed is 2mbps in where i reside in Awka.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Tecno L6 / UMI Iron Discussion Thread (IRON MAN IS COMING) / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.