Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria (12698 Views)

First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / How To Increase Or Exceed Whatsapp Free Trial Period / Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Dabss(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
Red-Light:
thanks 4 replyin that ignorant dude..
'twas supposed to be a joke.
Dude!
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
sagytarius™:
what is the ignorance here? Bro, you need to do you research before you come to argue with me. I repeat, only WiMax and LTE has been deployed commercially in the Advanced countries.

LTE system is a standard within the 3G technology. Its actually a mix of 3G and 4G technologies proposed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP). 3GPP have been around since 1998 and includes many standards bodies such as the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI). They have been working on mobile communications standards for a long time and have covered previous systems such as GSM and HSDPA. The initial LTE standards have been implemented in some countries and the new systems are backwards compatible. Their contribution to our topic is LTE Advanced which has been designed to meet the 4G requirements. There have been many research publications on various aspects of LTE Advanced but the final system has yet to be decided.

The error I think I made was stating that 4G has not been deployed. It's actually deployed but not in a commercial state where every person on the street would have access to. It's still under Test-running mode.
While LTE and WIMAX do not meet the initial specifications set out, they ARE considered 4G networks because they are the springboard from which the backwards compliant tech will emerge (WIMAX 2 and LTE-Advanced) and also because they provide a significant boost from the previous 3G speeds.

ITU-R considers the description of LTE as '4G' to be acceptable. Who the frag are you to disagree?
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by sagytariusTM1: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
texazzpete:
While LTE and WIMAX do not meet the initial specifications set out, they ARE considered 4G networks because they are the springboard from which the backwards compliant tech will emerge (WIMAX 2 and LTE-Advanced) and also because they provide a significant boost from the previous 3G speeds.

ITU-R considers the description of LTE as '4G' to be acceptable. Who the frag are you to disagree?
Its good you know that they do not meet the initial specifications set out. Case closed!
Now, lemme ask you a question: Wasnt IPv5 meant to provide significant boost from the the previous IPv4. Why isnt it rated in the same standard as IPv6? If it is not up to "standard", it will never be rated same standard with its superior. Kappish?
As for whoever the "frag" you are refering to (wha'ever that means), I wount trade abusive words with you. Let us just keep learning.
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2012
sagytarius™:
Its good you know that they do not meet the initial specifications set out. Case closed!
Now, lemme ask you a question: Wasnt IPv5 meant to provide significant boost from the the previous IPv4. Why isnt it rated in the same standard as IPv6? If it is not up to "standard", it will never be rated same standard with its superior. Kappish?
As for whoever the "frag" you are refering to (wha'ever that means), I wount trade abusive words with you. Let us just keep learning.

The ITU-R says LTE and WiMAX are 4G technologies. It matters not if it's a modification of an initial position...it is now accepted as 4G. Are you deliberately being obtuse?
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Welcome back my TeacherBoy

texazzpete:
The ITU-R says LTE and WiMAX are 4G technologies. It matters not if it's a modification of an initial position...it is now accepted as 4G. Are you deliberately being obtuse?
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by sagytariusTM1: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
texazzpete:

Hey numbnut!, Believe whatever you wanna believe. I'm done arguing with you. And I'm done with this tread!
Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
sagytarius™:

Hey numbnut!, Believe whatever you wanna believe. I'm done arguing with you. And I'm done with this tread!

TRANSLATION: "I have nothing intelligent to say after my borrowed wisdom from Wikipedia ran out and thus I must escape before I am embarrassed further"

1 Like

Re: Airtel Completes 4G LTE Trial In Nigeria by eustocrat: 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Tecno L6 / Download (maxibrainz) (5go) 5 In 1 2go [star Booster] / Android Phones & Tablet Q&A's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.