Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) (147115 Views)

Devilish Comedian The Sequel To Evil Comedian / ANOTHER WEDDING.......A Play (sequel To Just Wedded) / Larry Sun,pls Post The Link To The Paradox Of Abel Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by kuzee(m): 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
larry plz where can i download novels.
as your suspense is breath taking
i still some other novels to read plz.
i have heard so much about james hardley.
which site can i download his novels?
or plz if you have any novel with you can.you send to my mail plz
i beg of you.plz.m.begging
emekuzee890@gmail.com
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by rapmike(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Larry, I wait
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by ezeigbo194(m): 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Leggoo
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
TWENTY-FIVE

The lady that stepped into the room was one of the most beautiful women both men had ever come across. The detective, who rarely appreciated beauty, admitted inwardly to keeling over for this one. contrary to popular anecdote about beauty being found on the irises of the beholders, this particular beauty would always remain quite memorable in the mind of whomever the beholder might be.

Her wholesome beauty could inspire R&B singers to create popular romantic lyrics. The lady was dark and tall. Her dark complexion had a rich lustre; the skin was smooth against the fabrics of her attire. She was slim, exquisitely proportioned, lovely beyond the power of words to describe. This was a beauty exceeding mere eroticism, and the men didn’t look at her with morbid desire but with awe. Her hair was of a more than web-like softness. She stood at the entrance of the room for a moment; a wraith-like figure, slim and tall. Her long legs were as smooth as glass, and she was wearing a skirt that ended just above her knees. She was holding a baby boy of about two years old.

She walked with such delicate steps as though the room was not what it was but a mine field; and with each step, she portrayed a phantasmagoric impression. The perfume she wore wafted all around the room. Daniel knew the kind of perfume it was—Ecstasy. He had a good nose. In the art of blending perfumes, a good ‘nose’ must be able to identify as many as two thousand different scents. Even more importantly, a nose must remember the creative characteristics of scents and how they meld or clash with others. The woman sat down opposite Lot as delicately as her steps and hoisted the lad on her thighs. The lad was looking with blank expressions at the two men. Deciding that the men were uninteresting, the baby began to suck his left thumb.

“Wh-what is your name, ma’am?” Lot asked, and he cursed himself inwardly for stuttering. He should have asked Famous to take up the interview, but he was not sure the younger man would not make a complete donkey of himself.

“Mrs. Abel Malik.” Her voice was sensuously pleasant, with a trace of politesse.

With a forced tougher note, Lot asked, “First name, middle name and maiden name, please.”

The petite lady replied with total aplomb, “Tina Bello. Middle name is Amara.”

“How old are you, Mrs. Malik?”

“My twenty=third birthday comes in forty-two days’ time.”

“Mrs. Malik, that is Mr. Famous, he’s helping me in this investigation. He’s going to show you the image of a corpse we found in number 17, Sawmill Lane. I want you to look at the picture carefully and tell us if you recognize the man therein.”

“Okay,” came the pleasant voice again. She could have been a singer.
“You’re a beautiful woman, Mrs. Malik.” Daniel could not help complimenting.

She said, “Thank you.” The two words were spoken so softly that only the purest articulation made the words intelligible.

Daniel immediately made a few scrolls on his mobile, found the pictures and showed them to the lady.

Tina gasped with horror at each time Daniel scrolled the pictures to the next. By the time he was through, tears had flooded Tina’s eyes. She reached in her arm-bag for a handkerchief, mildly blew her nose and dabbed at her eyes before the tears would begin to run down her smooth cheeks. Famous found himself feeling sorry for her.

“Who did this?” she asked, her voice incredibly soft, barely louder than a whisper. Strange that those three monosyllables could cover such an effusion of grief from her.

“Did you recognize the man shown to you?”

She looked at Lot as if he’d just asked the most ridiculous question, then she said: “Of course I recognized him! That was my husband! I demand to know who committed this deed. Who killed him? Who killed my husband?” she began to weep anew. The child watched his crying mother, Daniel thought the baby was going to cry too, but the child just continued staring at its mother, the thumb not leaving his mouth for a second.

“I’m so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Malik,” Lot said, his voice showing genuine concern, “But in can’t tell you who killed your husband now, the investigation is still underway.”

Tina looked up at the detective, the beautiful eyes getting reddish now from crying. “It’s been over a week since his death, I thought you’d have concluded your investigation.”

Instead of giving reply to her statement, Lot asked, “Mrs. Malik, I am sorry, but can you give us something concrete to let us know that the deceased was really your husband?”

“You think I’m lying?”

“I just want to be sure, it’s normal routine; it has nothing to do about lies.”

Tina shrugged decidedly, reached into the arm-bag and came up with a brown envelope from where she extracted photographs. There were a dozen captions. She gave them to the detective.

Lot critically studied each photograph before passing it over to Daniel. On every of the photographs were the pictures of Tina and her husband. The pictures showed where they were being legally joined in a court, she and the bearded man kissing, both holding a Bible, and two pictures of her, the bearded man and the young boy. There was no doubt in Daniel’s mind that the deceased was really Tina’s husband.

But to convince the skeptical detective better, Tina removed the ring on her left finger and gave Lot. The inner circle of the ring bore the inscription ABEL MALIK & TINA BELLO: TOGETHER FOREVER.

“When your husband was found, there was no ring on any of his fingers.”

“That’s impossible!” Tina replied with aghastness, “Abel never removed the ring! Someone might have stolen it, the murderer perhaps. You have to find that ring, Detective Lot, it costs a bomb. It cannot get missing just like that."

“We’ll try our best,” replied Lot, “Do you know why anyone would want to have your husband murdered?”

It seemed to Daniel that this second murder had for a time eclipsed the first. It had produced a sense of added urgency and more immediate danger than the death of Jamal Malik. And if the same man was responsible for the two murders—he had little doubt that the murder of Abel had been the work of a man—then he was one of the dangerous breed who are prepared to kill and kill again.

“Yes, I do. It’s because of the damn will!” she said vehemently.

“What do you know about the will, Mrs. Malik?”

“I’m sure you know that my husband had been estranged from his parents for the past two decades. Last year, he contacted his father to explain what led to his disappearance. He had to contact his father by phone call, but the old man refused to believe that he was really his lost son. So, they both agreed that Abel should come for Christmas. And if he was convinced that my husband was really his son, he would introduce him to his family—I think that was actually why my father-in-law gathered his children together to celebrate the Christmas with him, so that they would be introduced to their brother—Abel.” She paused, and continued, “But unfortunately, my father-in-law was murdered before the Christmas Day. Someone was trying as much as possible to make sure that they never met each other.”
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
oyestephen: Always captivating.......always. I think the killer isn't a member of the family
Wow! I'm pleased by your comment, Steve. Thank you, sir.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Frankenstein: The killer is Esther.
How did you arrive at this theory, sir? smiley
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Flakeey: Larry, i hope you don't mind me giving u a hug
oya take
((((bear hugggg))))

i'm always dazzled by your imaginative creativity, i wish....
well done Sire.
Lol! Thanks for the hug, ma'am. You nearly snapped my vertebrae. cheesy Thanks.

What do you wish?
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
kuzee: larry plz where can i download novels.
as your suspense is breath taking
i still some other novels to read plz.
i have heard so much about james hardley.
which site can i download his novels?
or plz if you have any novel with you can.you send to my mail plz
i beg of you.plz.m.begging
emekuzee890@gmail.com
Most of my books are in print. But if you want to download books, visit www.manybooks.net

Bless you, sir.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
rapmike: Larry, I wait
For your work, I presume.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
ezeigbo194: Leggoo
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by kuzee(m): 1:12am On Sep 17, 2014
LarrySun: Most of my books are in print. But if you want to download books, visit www.manybooks.net

Bless you, sir.
thank so much larry
have bin able to download some few novels from the site.
plz update ur story..
more ink to ur pen
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Flakeey(f): 9:36am On Sep 17, 2014
LarrySun: Lol! Thanks for the hug, ma'am. You nearly snapped my vertebrae. cheesy Thanks.

What do you wish?

uw

what do i wish?
will think about it grin
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Flakeey(f): 9:38am On Sep 17, 2014
hmmmm

so who could have killed them?
who could have prevented Abel from meeting his family

this is now beyond me undecided
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by rapmike(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2014
LarrySun: For your work, I presume.
Nope, for the continuation of yours
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by rapmike(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2014
I’m sure you know that my husband had been estranged from his parents for the past two decades. Last year, he contacted his father to explain what led to his disappearance. He had to contact his father by phone call, but the old man refused to believe that he was really his lost son. So, they both agreed that Abel should come for Christmas. And if he was convinced that my husband was really his son, he would introduce him to his family—I think that was actually why my father-in-law gathered his children together to celebrate the Christmas with him, so that they would be introduced to their brother—Abel.” She paused, and continued, “But unfortunately, my father-in-law was murdered before the Christmas Day. Someone was trying as much as possible to make sure that they never met each other.”

My head is rumbling at the bolded. This piece of Information may be very useful, if its proved true of course. Apart from Jamal, none one else knew the existence of Abel apart from Ruth and the mother and of course Cain. But now I consider it, I have some feeling that either Ruth or someone close to her did the murder.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by ezeigbo194(m): 6:32am On Sep 18, 2014
LarrySun:

larrysun kilode
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by HisMajesty1(m): 6:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Amma stealth follower of this thread... Impatience just made me blow my cover... Larry please update... You're good BTW.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Flakeey(f): 11:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Larryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
wia ra yu?
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Adinije(f): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
Larry we are hungry for update o! Abi u wan make we starve to death.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lot asked again, “What do you know about the will? You didn’t answer the question the first time I asked.”

“Well, I don’t know much about the will. What I only know is that Abel told me that his father had promised to include him in his will if he was really convinced that Abel was his son.”

“And your husband was not able to meet his father before his death?”

“Before whose death?”

“Before his father’s?”

She nodded, “No, he wasn’t able to.”

“The landlord who leased the apartment to your husband said that your husband moved into the house in December, and the house was rented for only two months. Where did you used to live before the two months? And why did it take your husband twenty years to contact his father?”

“I can only answer one question at a time. And why do I feel as if I’m being treated as a suspects?”

“I’m only trying to gather facts, Mrs. Malik.”

“Anyway, we used to live at the outskirts of Lagos; very close to The Gateway State. As a matter of fact, I still live there. When my husband contacted his father and the old man agreed to meet him on Christmas, he decided to get an apartment in a place not very far from his father’s house.”

“Why?”

“So that he’d have an opportunity to see his parents. You don’t know how much he had missed his mom and dad. He wanted to see them, wanted to know what had become of them after twenty years; he did all those without revealing his identity to either of them. It was the time to disclose his identity yet. He even blamed himself for his mother’s blindness, as if he was the one who’d caused it. He argued that his mother would probably still have her sight if he’d not left. He was really sorry for a lot of things.”

“What took him so long to contact his father?”

“He didn’t intend to contact any of his parents, I made him do it. When he approached me two years ago and proposed, I wanted to know about his family. He was very reluctant to discuss his family but I let him know that I wouldn’t have anything to do with him if he could not confide in me about his parents. Eventually, he surrendered; he showed me the pictures of his parents, his father was a very handsome man. When I asked him about them he told me they were deceased. That sealed it. I was very sorry for him. I thought he was such a poor boy, all alone in the world. This unfortunate news, strange as it seems, made me fall in love with him the more, and we got married a few months later.

“But I later got to learn about the truth last year. The father he claimed to be deceased was actually alive. I saw his father in the newspaper shaking hands with Pastor Chris. Abel had no way of denying it, because the tabloid read: RICH BUSINESS TYCOON, JAMAL MALIK, GIVES HIS LIFE TO CHRIST. I threatened to leave him then, I was so mad with anger at his infidelity, I felt as if he had cheated on me with another man. He begged me not to leave him and promised to do anything I say. That was when I asked him to contact his father. I couldn’t live with myself knowing that my husband had family members who didn’t know that he was still alive. But apparently, one of the members at least, didn’t want him living in the world, let alone uniting with them. Mr. Lot, you have to bring my husband Justice; his death mustn’t go for nothing.” Suddenly, she was crying again. The beautiful face did not falter but two large tears sprang from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

“Did your husband tell you why he didn’t contact his family members for twenty years?”

“Yes, he did. It was so horrible! What kind of monster would make siblings sleep with each other? That was why he left, he couldn’t face the shame; the shame of not only sleeping with your own sister in front of your parents but also that of seeing another man rape your mother and being unable to do anything about it. I wouldn’t wish such fate on my worst enemy. Did you know that he tried to track down that man that broke into their home? He wanted to kill him, to make him plead for his life first though.”

Lot exchanged brief glances with Daniel before asking, “Was he successful?”

She shook her head, “Unfortunately, he wasn’t. before he did, he learnt that the man committed suicide. This enraged him; it was as though the man cheated him with death.”

“Believe me, Mrs. Malik,” said Lot, “The man didn’t cheat him.”

“I know.”

The statement surprised Lot, “You know? How did you know? How could you possibly know?”

“His life must have been very miserable for him to have committed suicide.”

“Trust me, you don’t know anything about the circumstances that surrounded the man’s death.”

She stared as lot, wanted to say something, thought better of it and said instead, “If you say so.”

Daniel, now feeling uncomfortable at the direction the discussion was heading, said quickly, “Can we please change the subject?”

“What’s the child’s name?” asked Lot.

“Dominick… with a ‘k’. Dominick Malik.”

“He’s quite cute. You have an obligation to take good care of this child.”

“You don’t have to tell me that; he takes a special place in my heart.” She stroked the lad’s hair. The baby was asleep but he was still sucking at his thumb vigorously.

“You should keep him from sucking at his finger, it’s a bad habit.” Daniel advised.

“He will stop. Abel said he used to do the same thing when he was like him. He stopped at fifteen years old.”

“You'll watch him suck his finger for fifteen years?”

Tina shrugged, “If that’s how long it’s going to take him. If I tried to stop him he would cry, and I can’t bear seeing him cry.”

“What if a day comes and he demands to eat the moon? Would you get it for him?”

“If I could, I would.”

“You’ll deny this child proper manners if you allow him to always have his ways.”

She glared at Daniel, “You aren’t teaching me how to bring up my child, are you?”

“What do you do for a living, Mrs. Malik?” Lot asked solemnly.

She turned to face Lot, “I’m an actress. The next Genevieve on the block. I starred in Alarm 3.”

Daniel frowned, “Alarm 3? I only know of 1 and 2.”

“The third part shall be released in April, it’s my debut movie. I was the wife of Shakara; the villain that eluded the police in the previous parts. It’s going to be a blockbuster, watch out for it.”

“I’ll definitely watch out,” commented Lot, “But I have one more question to ask you, Mrs. Malik, why were you not with your husband throughout last week? The landowners said you came only frequently, you never stayed a full day with Abel.”

“I was at location all through December.”

“Shooting the movie Alarm?”

“Of course not. Alarm 3 has already been packaged since last year August. I was shooting another movie titled Mission to Lagos. I have two weeks’ break. I want to use my break to bury my husband before I return to location.”

“Where is your location?"

“FESTAC Town. I can give you my director’s phone number if you doubt my alibi.”

“We’ll appreciate your co-operation if you can do that, ma’am.”

She dictated the phone number to Daniel and gave the director’s name as Mr. John Obika.”

“Thank you so much for your co-operation. You can go and wait in the waiting room, as we may need your presence once more. I believe the case shall be unravelled today. Kindly exercise patience with us. Before you leave, I’ll like to advise you not to let what happened spoil your life; it doesn’t have to. In the end, you shall find the strength to take hold of your own life and make what you want of it. Even the bad dreams fade in time. Into each life some rain must fall—but who figures an effing cloud-burst?”

“Thank you, sir.” She slowly rose, hoisted the child against her chest and left the room with her graceful steps.

After the gorgeous lady had departed, Lot dialled the phone number the lady had dropped. The call was picked after three rings.

‘Hello.” The voice sounded tough.

“Hello. Please am I speaking with Mr. John Obika?”

“This is he?”

“My name is Detective Lot.”

The man at the other end of the line said, “How may I help you, Detective?”

“I have a lady here by the name Tina Malik. I want to know if she’s one of your actresses in the movie Mission to Lagos.”

“That’s true.”

“She said she’s on a two-week break. Is that true?”

“I’m afraid it is. MTL shoots shall continue in two weeks’ time. I expect her to be back by then.”

He wanted to tell the director that his actress had just lost her husband but he felt it wasn’t his place to tell. If Tina wanted her boss to know about her misfortune she’d tell him herself.”

He said into the mouthpiece, ‘Thank you for your time, Mr. Obika.”

“You’re welcome.”

The call was terminated.

Lot turned to Daniel and said, “She wasn’t lying after all.”

But Daniel wasn’t listening. The woman’s beauty was churning in the cesspool of his mind. That face! That chassis!
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
kuzee:
thank so much larry
have bin able to download some few novels from the site.
plz update ur story..
more ink to ur pen
You're welcome. smiley

Thank you, sir.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Flakeey: hmmmm

so who could have killed them?
who could have prevented Abel from meeting his family

this is now beyond me undecided
LOL! Someone among the suspects killed him. Someone very bad. sad
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
rapmike:
Nope, for the continuation of yours
Okay. Thanks.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
rapmike: I’m sure you know that my husband had been estranged from his parents for the past two decades. Last year, he contacted his father to explain what led to his disappearance. He had to contact his father by phone call, but the old man refused to believe that he was really his lost son. So, they both agreed that Abel should come for Christmas. And if he was convinced that my husband was really his son, he would introduce him to his family—I think that was actually why my father-in-law gathered his children together to celebrate the Christmas with him, so that they would be introduced to their brother—Abel.” She paused, and continued, “But unfortunately, my father-in-law was murdered before the Christmas Day. Someone was trying as much as possible to make sure that they never met each other.”

My head is rumbling at the bolded. This piece of Information may be very useful, if its proved true of course. Apart from Jamal, none one else knew the existence of Abel apart from Ruth and the mother and of course Cain. But now I consider it, I have some feeling that either Ruth or someone close to her did the murder.
Your deduction is impressive. We shall soon know what's what. smiley
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
ezeigbo194:

larrysun kilode
Pardon? cheesy
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Flakeey: Larryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
wia ra yu?
I'm here, ma'am. smiley
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by LarrySun(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Adinije: Larry we are hungry for update o! Abi u wan make we starve to death.
LOL! I'm so sorry. smiley
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by ezeigbo194(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
LarrySun: Pardon? cheesy

What is the problem
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Iaz93: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Larry, GIVE ME MORE!!! angry
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Queenxstar(f): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oooops, I finally caught up.

Larry I don't know what to say to you.
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by Adinije(f): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Daniel and women. That guy suppose study womanology
Re: The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) by drsolob2(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Adinije: Daniel and women. That guy suppose study womanology
You can say that again,he is a chronic womanizer

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (50) (Reply)

Meant To Be / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.