Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 (4141 Views)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 15th December 2013 / Aston Villa Vs Manchester United (0 - 3) On 15th December 2013 / Manchester United Vs Sunderland (3 - 1) On 15th December 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by luvola(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2012
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers believes the criticism levelled at his players this season has actually helped their progress and he now setting their sights on second-placed Manchester City.

After the club's worst start to a campaign for more than a century the Reds now sit just four points behind fourth-placed Everton, with their record over the last 11 matches bettered only by the top two of Manchester United and City.

But having seen his players criticised early in his Anfield reign Rodgers now believes they should now not be restricting themselves to thinking purely about securing Champions League qualification.

``They have been hammered left right and centre by numbers of people,'' said the Northern Irishman. ``When you are a club that is the size of Liverpool then that criticism comes.

``It is well documented, which is incredible really, but when you have won the titles and championships you have before that will come your way.

``But I was quite calm because their focus and concentration has been first class, our mentality was very much relaxed as we can only worry about ourselves.

``The cause we created here was to continue to fight. We know what will come our way when you don't win games and we are trying to still improve so the feeling was fine.

``You can see in their performances it hasn't affected them and, if anything, we have grown from that and it has been the lever for us to continue to work well.

``Everyone has their opinion on Liverpool and I understand that because of the standards set by this club in the 1970s and 1980s.

``But for a club that has been very poor and disastrous by all accounts from other people we lie four points off top four. For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly so you need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute.''

Top scorer Luis Suarez returns after a one-match suspension for the visit of Villa, with defender Jose Enrique Liverpool's main injury doubt.

The Spaniard was forced off with a hamstring injury in the first half of last weekend's victory at West Ham but will be given as long as possible to prove his fitness.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is demanding goals from all areas of his team as he comes to terms with being without record signing Darren Bent for the festive programme.

Bent will be sidelined ``for a few weeks'' after suffering a hamstring injury during Villa's 4-1 midweek win at Norwich in the Capital One Cup.

Andreas Weimann came off the bench to effectively replace Bent with a two-goal blast at Carrow Road and is described by Lambert as ``a natural finisher''.

But Lambert knows the importance of players chipping in from all areas of the pitch as Villa look to improve on a tally of 12 goals in 16 Barclays Premier League matches at Liverpool.

Lambert confirmed: ``Darren went for a scan and has got a problem with a hamstring that will keep him out for a few weeks.

Asked if the striker would miss the Christmas programme, Lambert said: ``Yes, probably the way it is looking. Maybe four weeks.

``It's a blow for him. In football you just never know when it might happen on the pitch. I saw him do it but we have just to get it healed.''

Weimann, Christian Benteke and Gabriel Agbonlahor have shouldered the responsibility for the majority of Villa's goal output, although Brett Holman has netted twice in the last three games.

But Lambert said: ``You are looking for goals all over the pitch. It's not just about Christian, Andreas and Gabby.

``You have got to spread it out if you can. The way we are playing we are certainly creating chances, which is the pleasing thing.

``You just hope the lads will be confident enough to go and take them.''

Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is available after being cup-tied for the triumph at Norwich and defenders Joe Bennett and Enda Stevens are also back in contention after recovering from knee and ankle injuries respectively and returning to training.

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345696/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by hurricaneChris: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Once again am sitting at d KOP end of of d famous Anfield to welcome all Scousers to anoda match day and also d 28th birthday of our Terminator.....Martin Skrtel.

Liverpool's recent form is gonna be a major boast going into this game also with the return of Suarez.

I xpect Brendan Rodgers to have ''selection headache'' xpecially in d middle as all d midfielders are fit. But finally i will play a Lucas-Gerrard-Allen midfield while Assaidi-Suarez-Sterling move in attack.

Villa have been very shaky in dia defence recently which pacy Sterling and Assaidi cud xploit.

In d end i xpect a 4-1 scoreline with Suarez gettin a brace, Johnson scoring one while Skrtel will score on his birthday.....cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2012
Expecting a win. #YNWA
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by luvola(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2012
a win for liverpool may push them to 6th position..
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by enigmagu1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Manchester United Vs Aston
Villa (4 - 0) On April 15th
2012 / FA Cup: Arsenal Vs
Aston Villa (3 - 2) On 29th
January 2012 / Chelsea Vs
Aston Villa (1 - 3) On
Saturday 31st December
2011 (1) (2) (3) (4)
(0) ( Reply ) (Follow) ( Go
Down )
Liverpool Vs Aston Villa
Today @ 4pm by luvola (m ):
9:29am On Dec 14
Liverpool manager Brendan
Rodgers believes the
criticism levelled at his
players this season has
actually helped their
progress and he now setting
their sights on second-
placed Manchester City.
After the club's worst start
to a campaign for more
than a century the Reds now
sit just four points behind
fourth-placed Everton, with
their record over the last 11
matches bettered only by
the top two of Manchester
United and City.
But having seen his players
criticised early in his Anfield
reign Rodgers now believes
they should now not be
restricting themselves to
thinking purely about
securing Champions League
qualification.
``They have been
hammered left right and
centre by numbers of
people,'' said the Northern
Irishman. ``When you are a
club that is the size of
Liverpool then that criticism
comes.
``It is well documented,
which is incredible really,
but when you have won the
titles and championships
you have before that will
come your way.
``But I was quite calm
because their focus and
concentration has been first
class, our mentality was very
much relaxed as we can
only worry about ourselves.
``The cause we created
here was to continue to
fight. We know what will
come our way when you
don't win games and we are
trying to still improve so the
feeling was fine.
``You can see in their
performances it hasn't
affected them and, if
anything, we have grown
from that and it has been
the lever for us to continue
to work well.
``Everyone has their
opinion on Liverpool and I
understand that because of
the standards set by this
club in the 1970s and 1980s.
``But for a club that has
been very poor and
disastrous by all accounts
from other people we lie
four points off top four. For
me the ambition is to grow
higher. We are 11 points off
second and that can all turn
around very quickly so you
need to get consistency -
and that is what we have at
the minute.''
Top scorer Luis Suarez
returns after a one-match
suspension for the visit of
Villa, with defender Jose
Enrique Liverpool's main
injury doubt.
The Spaniard was forced off
with a hamstring injury in
the first half of last
weekend's victory at West
Ham but will be given as
long as possible to prove his
fitness.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa boss
Paul Lambert is demanding
goals from all areas of his
team as he comes to terms
with being without record
signing Darren Bent for the
festive programme.
Bent will be sidelined ``for
a few weeks'' after suffering
a hamstring injury during
Villa's 4-1 midweek win at
Norwich in the Capital One
Cup.
Andreas Weimann came off
the bench to effectively
replace Bent with a two-goal
blast at Carrow Road and is
described by Lambert as
``a natural finisher''.
But Lambert knows the
importance of players
chipping in from all areas of
the pitch as Villa look to
improve on a tally of 12
goals in 16 Barclays Premier
League matches at
Liverpool.
Lambert confirmed:
``Darren went for a scan
and has got a problem with
a hamstring that will keep
him out for a few weeks.
Asked if the striker would
miss the Christmas
programme, Lambert said:
``Yes, probably the way it is
looking. Maybe four weeks.
``It's a blow for him. In
football you just never know
when it might happen on
the pitch. I saw him do it
but we have just to get it
healed.''
Weimann, Christian Benteke
and Gabriel Agbonlahor
have shouldered the
responsibility for the
majority of Villa's goal
output, although Brett
Holman has netted twice in
the last three games.
But Lambert said: ``You
are looking for goals all over
the pitch. It's not just about
Christian, Andreas and
Gabby.
``You have got to spread it
out if you can. The way we
are playing we are certainly
creating chances, which is
the pleasing thing.
``You just hope the lads will
be confident enough to go
and take them.''
Villa midfielder Ashley
Westwood is available after
being cup-tied for the
triumph at Norwich and
defenders Joe Bennett and
Enda Stevens are also back
in contention after
recovering from knee and
ankle injuries respectively
and returning to training.
http://espnfc.com/en/
preview/345696/
preview.html?
soccernet=true&cc=3888
(Quote ) ( Report ) (Like )
For Latest Free Browsing
At 3.75g Speed||MTN
ETISALAT AND
MULTILINKS ONLY ||Free
Modem Unlock||
webguru@blackethics.com
||http://blackethics.com/
blog
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa
Today @ 4pm by
hurricaneChris (m ):
10:53am
Once again am sitting at d
KOP end of of d famous
Anfield to welcome all
Scousers to anoda match
day and also d 28th birthday
of our Terminator.....Martin
Skrtel.
Liverpool's recent form is
gonna be a major boast
going into this game also
with the return of Suarez.
I xpect Brendan Rodgers to
have ''selection headache''
xpecially in d middle as all d
midfielders are fit. But
finally i will play a Lucas-
Gerrard-Allen midfield while
Assaidi-Suarez-Sterling
move in attack.
Villa have been very shaky in
dia defence recently which
pacy Sterling and Assaidi cud
xploit.
In d end i xpect a 4-1
scoreline with Suarez gettin
a brace, Johnson scoring
one while Skrtel will score
on his birthday.....
As an Architect, it takes me
almost 2months to come up
with a design of 5bdroom
duplex. But God almighty
designed d whole world in
just 7days....wow!! God is
really The Greatest of all
Architects
Today @ 4pm by alekside
(m ): 11:18am
Expecting a win. #YNWA
U don't need a new cut 2 be
level headed.
Today @ 4pm by luvola (m ):
11:42am
a win for liverpool may push
them to 6th position..
For Latest Free Browsing
At 3.75g Speed||MTN
ETISALAT AND
MULTILINKS ONLY ||Free
Modem Unlock||
webguru@blackethics.com
||http://blackethics.com/
blog
(0) ( Reply ) ( Follow)
Get A Website At The
Cheapest Price With Free
1yr Hosting For #10,000 /
Arsenal Will Never Win The
Premier League- By Arsenal
Legend / Turn Your Passion
For Football To Money....let
Us Start Sport Bet Tonight
Viewing this topic: 1 guest
(s)
( Go Up )
Local Search
Sections: politics (1)
business autos (1) jobs
(1) career education (1)
romance computers
phones travel sports
fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies
music-radio writing
webmasters
programming techmarket
Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
(6) (7) (cool (9)
Nairaland is owned by
Oluwaseun Osewa (©
2005 - 2012). See also:
Privacy Policy / Na

... i want to b noticed..
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by oyeleyemaureen(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
I wish my liverpool the best of luck
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by pomporiking: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2012
No offense but I hope rodgers is gone by may..this guy is just buying rubbish, borini allen now he wants sturridge..guy go back to swansea abeg
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by gabriel212: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
I pray LIVERPOOL wil earn 3points today. OFF TO ANFIELD
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by Marksule(m): 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
Up liverpool.
I pray my team wins 2dai o
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by luvola(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
game on
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
Liverpool Kwenu!

You Will Never Walk Alone!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by Marksule(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
Up up liverpool my team for life
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2012
NYC Suarez.... You can do better next time...
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
Reina .... Poor Guy

See yeye goal dem use score us...
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2012
Liverpool 0-1 A Villa

@mod;

Kindly update the thread title.
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
Chai... See ball we suppose score... Suarez
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
Oga ooooooo

Coach what's happening?

Gerrard your boiz de fall my hand ooooo.

Reina isn't in his best at all, this is troublesome, I can't just believe it we are 2 goals down
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
Liverpool 0-2 A Villa
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by k2039: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
Liverpool 0-2 Aston villa
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2012
Half time.

Liverpool, nothing impressive at all
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by RedLight1: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
newcastle and mancity played today (more important game)... dey didnt put it on frontpage ... i wonder what this nonsense thread is doing on frontpage mtvhewwwww
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by RedLight1: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
ghettodreamz: Half time.

Liverpool, nothing impressive at all
grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
2nd Half Kick off

Welcome back!

Up Liverpool

YWNWA!
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
Red-Light:
newcastle and mancity played today (more important game)... dey didnt put it on frontpage ... i wonder what this nonsense thread is doing on frontpage mtvhewwwww

And this beefing is coming from hater like Red-Light
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2012
Liverpool fanz, happun na!
Me no just de feel dis boiz today at all at all
So many chances, all na waste
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
Na wa oooooooooooo

Make una see me see trouble ooooo

0-3
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by RedLight1: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2012
ghettodreamz:

And this beefing is coming from hater like Red-Light
grin grin grin grin its not beefing... its fact.... imagine title contender playing against a good side and it didnt make homepage.. yet this unimportant crap from crappy teams made homepage embarassed
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by RedLight1: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
ghettodreamz: Na wa oooooooooooo

Make una see me see trouble ooooo

0-3
una never see anything .... grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
Red-Light:
grin grin grin grin its not beefing... its fact.... imagine title contender playing against a good side and it didnt make homepage.. yet this unimportant crap from crappy teams made homepage embarassed

Na my team you de call crappy team abi? And it's not beefing rite?

No wahala, we don hear you hater...

Remove ya head make I see screen watch my boiz... grin gringrin
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by RedLight1: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Na my team you de call crappy team abi? And it's not beefing rite?

No wahala, we don hear you hater...

Remove ya head make I see screen watch my boiz... grin gringrin
grin grin grin grin truth is bitter ,,but it wont stop it from being the truth cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sey na like dis e go de go
Re: Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (1 - 3) On 15th December 2012 by GB102(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
liver-poo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea David Luiz Turns Pastor? (pictures) / UCL: Bayern Munich Vs FC Basel (7 - 0) On March 13th 2012 / Andre Marriner To Referee Manchester Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.