Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka (10993 Views)

Robbers Invade Alausa Secretariat, Cart Away N3 Mn / Popular Prostitute Stabbed To Death At A Car Park In Lagos / Robbers Invade Skye Bank In Portharcourt, Two Robbers Shot Dead!(images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by PaulJohn1: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
The robbers were disguised as police officers.

Passengers, staff and residents of Nsukka were gripped with fear when armed robbers on Thursday, invaded Peace Mass Transit Park in Nsukka, Enugu State, carting away an undisclosed amount of money.

A staff of the company, who pleaded anonymity, said that the seven-man robbery gang, wearing mobile police uniform, stormed the ticketing office at about 3.28 p.m.
He said that the robbers, who brandished AK 47 rifles, ordered the workers to lie flat on the ground. He said the robbers came with a school bus, belonging to Imilke-Agu Secondary School.

“Three of them entered the ticketing room, searched the lockers where we keep money and removed the money they found there while the others mounted sentry outside.
“The robbers, who wore mobile police uniform, shot in the air several times to scare people,” the staff said.
A Nsukka Office Manger of the company, who refused to disclose his full names, but identified himself simply as Mr. Ogaranya, said he sensed danger when he heard harsh voices asking of the manager’s office.
“They ordered me to lie down and asked me to tell them where money is kept. All of them wore mobile police uniform and were armed with AK47 rifles.

“I do not know how much they collected; all I know is that they collected all the money in my locker.
“I thank God we have moved the money we collected in the morning to the bank,’’ Mr. Ogaranya, a retired police officer,  said.
Traders and artisans who ply their trade at the park, immediately closed shop for the day after the incident.

When contacted, the Enugu State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Ebere Amarizu, who confirmed the incident, said that police had started trailing the robbers.
“I have been informed of the robbery incident in PMT Nsukka Office today, the Police have started trailing the robbers,” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/111100-robbers-invade-peace-mass-transit-park-in-nsukka.html
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by vanstanzy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Oh, my Nsukka. But all the same its an inside job. Those armed robbers did not gate-crash, they were invited. It takes just the rat inside to tell the rat outside that there's fish in the house.
Police ur man is inside, a staff of PMT.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by chelseabmw(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Orevad: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
na wao! Men on black tk it eazy o
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
People just dey hungry for Naija,may God save us
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by bory09(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ad.
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by belhomme(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
simply put..... robbers un-peace peace mass transit park tongue

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by vanstanzy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
ehie: People just dey hungry for Naija,may God save us

Now there goes a sane person, with a sane prayer. Don't mind all these Kobojunkies so-called looplat and libkid.
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by jack4u: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
I suspect and insider did dis job,don't be suprised it might be one of the ticketing officer,I mean one of the ladies they dat did dis job,I felt it a plan deal may be perharps the manager might be also be involved in dis deak,cos the way igbo love money only God will save dem,dey don't mind going extra length to get that money no mata wat it will cost,the manager said he alert the police story,or as he forgoten that the police still has they own cut fr dat money.abeg ma I hear word jare!!!

1 Like

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by highlandre(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
God, show your abundant mercy and protect me, my family and all my fellow Nairalanders during this period into the New Year and beyond in Jesus name, amen!

4 Likes

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
The police may really be involved
I won't be surprised

1 Like

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Godjone(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
na chrismax tins ooo. May be those fools had pomise their gal fren a suprized gift hence, runing even at risk to meet-up. But one tin is 4 sure; everyday 4 d tief, one day 4 d owner.
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by jagabanban: 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
The risk would have been minimized if they (PMT) embraced electronic payment for ticket booking. What is it with us (Nigerians) and cash?

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Libkid(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
vanstanzy:

Now there goes a sane person, with a sane prayer. Don't mind all these Kobojunkies so-called looplat and libkid.
bro wat an insane comment from insane person.
Re: Robbers Invade Peace Mass Transit Park In Nsukka by Libkid(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
vanstanzy:

Try removing the log in ur eyes before trying to remove the spec in mine. Look at kettle calling pot black. grin grin grin grin grin
u also got the DNA.LOLZ

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Court Jails Nigerian For 60 Months Over $200k Romance Scam / Nigerian Man Arrested By Indian Anti-Natcotics Agency With Drugs Worth ₦54m / How To Get Pos Machine To Aviod Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.