Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,802,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? (2857 Views)

So You Still Think Gays Should Be Allowed? / How Much Percentage Of Guys And Girls Are Gays And Lesbians In Nigeria? / Do You Think Gays/lesbians Should Be Allowed To Adopt Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by ayoappeal(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2008
Why do Nigerians really find it difficult to talk about some budding issues hence they are really eating deep into our society.

There are several issues that deserves priority attentions but have been relegated to the background while we concentrate on issues of less importance, we are trying to tackle HIV/AIDS, we talk about unfaithfulness in marriage, unprotected sex, unfaithfulness to partners and all that but refuse to talk about homosexuality and homosexual sex.

There are a couple of gay/lesbians hangouts/clubs around and yet we don't still deem it fit to understand that this thing is fast eating deep into our society, i hope we wuld not wake up one day to realise that our brothers/sisters/aunties/cousins have been lured into it (GOD FORBID)

A few days ago, Funmi Iyanda was forced to reduce her TV program(NEW DAWN) to once a week and all other broadcast of her consequence editions censored because she interview a guy who is a gay, and was despised, ejected and rejected from work and abandoned by family, even beaten.

it's crazy that despite the fact that people are openly admitting to the fact that they are gays/lesbians we still Why don't we just admit that the stuff is real in our society so that we can look for a way forward, so that we can educate our young ones so that they don't get lured and influed into it.

Why don't we face reality instead of caressing and embracing mediocrity.

What do you think and what do you think is the way forward.
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by sistajay(f): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2008
@ ayoappeal
Why don't you move with the TIME, gays and lesbians are no longer in the closet. They are not forcing their sexuality on anybody. The way forward is to tell those gays and lesbians haters to learn to respect their fellow human beings, and learn to look beyond their sexuality. I'm a heterosexual by choice I don't see no gay or lesbian hating me for it.
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by ayoappeal(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
@sista-jay

Well you have to understand that it's not about me it's about people out there, i said something about Funmi Iyanda kindly read through my message again.
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by Gamine(f): 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
Everything is real in Nigeria.

The so-called gay people shld keep it to themselves

They want pity thats why they ''come out of some dirrty closet''

We dont care to know
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 2:03am On Feb 22, 2008
I guess homosexuals exist in every society just like thieves, preachers, gamblers, teachers, alcoholics, counsellors etc. . .  It's nothing strange. The only thing I find strange is the way the world advocates sin and how these people constantly try to find an excuse for wrong doings. Homosexuality is wrong, and is not a natural expression of the body's natural functions. It's a compromise. Even common sense should show us that the very design of the male and female bodies promotes the physiological purpose of the anatomical structures. These people do commit wrong acts, just like the very best of us. . .Why do they try to justify it with pathetic reasons? It's like someone who steals from a man because he's rich. It doesn't hurt anyone, but it's still wrong. Admit you're wrong, ask God forgiveness and help to break the habit and you're even better off than the "holiest" of people who can't do the same.   
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by ayoappeal(m): 12:00am On Feb 23, 2008
@naijacutee

I think u have made much sense, it's time to move away from pity, whats is bad is bad, it's against natural phenomenum, it's again moral standard, and against religious tenets.

Hope to read more from intellectuals like you.
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by Raymond88(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2008
No one chooses to be a homosexual just as no one chooses to be hated by millions of people! Homosexuals are JUST not attracted to the opposite sex, don't judge them on that, it's not a race thing homosexuals have been there since the beginning of time in every race. Now in a country like Nigeria without human rights why would anyone be dumb enough to 'come out' like this guy?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S5Ajjmc0bUE
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2008
Just as no one chooses to be a 419 scammer?
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by ozoemeka(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2011
ayoappeal:

@naijacutee

I think u have made much sense, it's time to move away from pity, whats is bad is bad, it's against natural phenomenum, it's again moral standard, and against religious tenets.

Hope to read more from intellectuals like you.

naijacutee:

Just as no one chooses to be a 419 scammer?

Very intellectual.

'Lured' into homosexuality, ignorance in Africa is profound.
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 24, 2012
They are everywhere!

You might as well embrace 'em. wink grin grin
Re: Is Gays/lesbians Real In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 24, 2012
ozo_emeka:

Very intellectual.

'Lured' into homosexuality, ignorance in Africa is profound.

That is not "African ignorance". That is[b] FACT[/b].
I am not sure if you are familiar with the TV show 'Vanguard' and the special they did
about homosexuality in Uganda. But you should check out the clips online (youtube)
The things the European and American missionaries do to those children
and vulnerable adults are sickening. Often times many African youth go through things and due
to social stigmas they keep quiet rather than inform people of these foreigners
making them trade aid/food for s3xual favors. Smh.

Vanguard also did a special called "Soccer's lost boys" which featured the stories of African
boys who are sent to Morocco believing that they would be recruited to European teams only to either be
stranded in Morocco or if flown to Europe, they would end up in odd positions. One guy testified that
he ended up on the streets and was offered shelter by a white family. The Patriarch of the family,
would pay him and threaten to kick him out if he didn't allow him to perform s3xual acts on him.

It's easy for us to say what we "WOULD" do, but if you are not IN the position, it's best to try to use
empathy rather than judge.

(1) (Reply)

Tetmosol Lemon Fresh / "yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle" Is This The True Meaning Of Yahoo? / Seun, Am Not Happy With What You Said In Your Interview You Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.