Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London (1293 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by Plum70: 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hi Folks,

My husband and I would like to go to Nigeria in spring/summer of 2013 for which my husband needs a visa (I am Nigerian).

I have just checked the NHC London's website which lists the required docs for a tourist visa, one of which is that my husband must have an invitation letter from someone in Nigeria addressed to the High Commission stating that they take responsibility for him/us while there. However we will be travelling together, self-funding and most likely staying in a hotel/guest house so don't see any logic in an IV letter.

Do we just submit flight and hotel bookings with his application?

I am concerned (and confused) as the High Commission warns that any application without this IV will be rejected.

Any (informed) guidance is welcome.

Thanks!
Re: Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by sholatech(m): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
Yes, it is important to have the Letter Of Invitation before NHC will issue Tourist or Business Visa. Cheers
Re: Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by Plum70: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
sholatech: Yes, it is important to have the Letter Of Invitation before NHC will issue Tourist or Business Visa. Cheers
Thanks, but what is your response based on? It would be beneficial to me if perhaps you have applied under similar circumstances.

Logic dictates that an IV letter is only necessary where a traveller is being hosted. If a traveller is self-funding then proof of this is what's necessary which is the case for us.

Anyone else please?
Re: Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by sholatech(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
I provide support for Expatriates entering Nigeria and several african countries hence I am advising you based on prior experiences with NHC. And hey, Letter of Invitation should be easy for you from any of your numerous contacts in Nigeria. That will ensure you are 100% certain of getting him the Visa
Re: Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by Plum70: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
sholatech: I provide support for Expatriates entering Nigeria and several african countries hence I am advising you based on prior experiences with NHC. And hey, Letter of Invitation should be easy for you from any of your numerous contacts in Nigeria. That will ensure you are 100% certain of getting him the Visa
Would you know why the Embassy may have such a blanket rule? Does the fact that I, the Nigerian spouse, travelling with my husband not count for anything?

I just don't see how an IV letter from a Nigerian resident who we will NOT be staying with makes any sense at all!
Re: Obtaining A Nigerian Tourist Visa For My Swiss Spouse - London by Naijalastborn(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2012
Miss IV dosesnt have to bother, because its a thing you can just Open ur MS-WORD and type, the Only issue there is that IV must have a Valid Nigerian Passport backing it up and second issue is that you will have pay the Visa fee with acceptable Visa Credit Card, I am talking from Experience,just 4 months ago, a friend of mine got her Nigerian Visa too, and I am the one who take care of most of the Process and even the IV. But If you can follow the simple process, Nigeria Visa dey Easy baje but if you dnt you will hate them I bet u, any question pls dnt hestitate to asked

(1) (Reply)

Safest Airline For 2015. / Meet The Female Fighter Pilot From UAE Leading The Bombing Blitz Against ISIS / New Zealand Development Scholarships For African Students 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.