Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

(pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / (pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti (2592 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / HORRIBLE: Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti (PHOTOS) / Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
After 13 months of pregnancy, a woman in Ekiti
finally gave birth to a baby with anencephaly in
Ekiti.
Anencephaly is a medical condition caused by a
neural tube defect, which causes the baby to have
frog-like features. Children born with this condition
lack the forebrain which is responsible for
cognition i.e thinking. The remaining brain tissue is
often exposed—not covered by bone or skin.
There is no cure or standard treatment for
anencephaly and the prognosis for patients is
poor. Most anencephalic babies do not survive
birth, accounting for 55% of non-aborted cases. If
the infant is not stillborn, then he or she will
usually die within a few hours or days after birth
from cardiorespiratory arrest.

Re: (pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2012
What a pity!
Re: (pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti by Caracta(f): 12:34am On Dec 16, 2012
After 13 months? My heart goes out to the woman...and the baby.
Re: (pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti by dominique(f): 5:17am On Dec 16, 2012
Not new news. The story first appeared in aug '11 on this thread;
www.nairaland.com/735697/woman-gives-birth-strange-looking-baby
I prefer this article cos it sheds more light on the infant's condition. The other article only sheds light on how silly the comissioner for health in ekiti is.
Pregnant women really shouldn't be looking at these kind of pics embarassed
Re: (pix) Woman Gives Birth To Frog-like Baby In Ekiti by Caracta(f): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2012
Thanks dominique. I just read the story from that link. I'm really surprised.

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Masturbation You Didn't Know About / Gggf Healthcare Aba Treats Children's Sickness Okpo, Apafor, Nta, Nkuwaisi, Nra, / BREAKING: China Finds Cure For COVID-19 – #coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.