Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos (9344 Views)

Xmas In The US !!!! Lets Share Pictures!! / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja / 280 Killed In Road Crashes During Xmas & New Year Celebrations – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by ceomike(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
If you live in Lagos or you would be around Lagos during the holidays then you can find this article very helpful.

Aside been the busiest state in Nigeria, Lagos can also prove it has the best when it comes to relaxation. I would through a list of five healthy and fun areas to visit in Lagos State.

Silverbird Galleria
Silverbird Galleria
Minimum Budget - Single : N3,000 , Family of Five - N10,000

Located in Victoria Island,The Galleria is an household name and would be a cool spot for you if you plan to go off the mainland this Christmas season. It features cinemas,games spots, boutiques,food and ice cream spots. There are a lot you can enjoy there. Good for the family.

E-Centre, Yaba
Minimum Budget - Single : N3,000 , Family of Five - N10,000

Very much like the Galleria, the E-Centre is another wonderful point located on the mainland. Suitated in Yaba and very close to some of Nigeria's oldest and top institution like University of Lagos, Yaba College of Technology,LUTH and West Africa Examination Council. E- Centre is a place for the family. It also features cinemas, games spots, boutiques and many more.

Lekki Conservation Centre
Minimum Budget - Single : N1,000 Family of Five - N5,000 ( Excluding Feeding)

Perhaps one of my best when it comes to tourism in Nigeria. Lekki Conservation Centre could turn out to not only be fun but also very educative. It boast of a natural habitat, home to flying monkeys, one of Nigeria's oldest tortoise,crocodiles(don't panic) and some fun games. You also have a chance to climb a tree house almost the height of a three storey building. You should expect to pay a cheap gate fee and take your food along.

The Palms Shopping Mall
Budget: Largely depends on what you want to do

Whether you plan to shop, watch movies or just have any kind of fun, then you can visit The Palms located in Lekki. If you do not go with cash, then you might regret it. There is really nothing you cannot buy there. Its a nice place for the family or just anybody.

Oniru Beach, Victoria Island
This is my pick if you love beaches. Oniru is a privately owned beach and sure has everything you need when you need a nice beach experience this Christmas. You should give it a try

My holiday move would be first visiting The Palms Lekki, watch a movie there and get some nice foodstuff to take with me to Lekki Conservation Centre.

2 Likes

Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by anitank(f): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
The Ikeja shopping mall at alausa ikeja is a cool place too
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by mkoabiola: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
Fela Shrine@Akindigbi.
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by Chynx(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2012
mko abiola: Fela Shrine@Akindigbi.

Ur motive echoes in the air! grin

1 Like

Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by Chynx(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
Takwa Bay wouldn't be a bad idea too. U get to experience a boat trip, jet skidding, beaching and stuff. You've also got the option of making it private or public.

La'Campaigne Tropicanna is another option but ur pocket will surely feel it. Took my wife there during our honey moon...was crazy fun. They've got the best beach I have seen in Lagos so far. You get to fish, hunt...in fact, do stuff you only get to do in a typical African village.

The last time I went there (2011), the cheapest tent (3-bed tent) went for 50k/day with all the services u can grab. They get to teach u their tradition too...greeting and stuff. They even have their own currency (the name just skipped my mind) which is 1:1 with the naira.

If u want to enjoy ur stay there, go with ur close pals who wish to share same experience with his or her family/folks. I had 4un...trust me!
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by claremont(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
mko abiola: Fela Shrine@Akindigbi.
The visit wouldn't be complete until you have sampled a roll of natures' finest...

1 Like

Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by Chynx(m): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
claremont:
The visit wouldn't be complete until you have sampled a roll of natures' finest...

grin
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by larrymoore(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2012
Yes! And many more. That is Lasgidi 4 u.
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by Kellygold(f): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2014
Silverbird Galleria, eCenter and The Palms are weekend parol things. Not for Xmas.
La'Campaigne Tropicanna(though really expensive), Lekki Conservation Resort are Beaches are more like it.
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by shiftmarket(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
How is takwa bay like? Can one just make a private trip there?
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by guyla: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2014
Please how do i locate lekki conservation resort
Re: Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos by jetwonder(m): 8:27pm On Feb 01
grin
Please, I need some pictures of those places

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Book A Flight Ticket to China Online. / Where are the Naija Restaurants And Clubs In Dubai / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.